Other Metagames Likefarm

Intro

Hello, I'm imas234 and I'm here to share a team for the OM Almost Any Ability that I think is good enough to showcase and the main aim behind posting this is to possibly aid people who haven't played the meta to pick it up, so this is essentially a detailed sample team. I've been bugging people to post teams in the thread, but I haven't posted any samples myself in a long time, so I figure I should start posting some myself and hope they do the same.

I've generally avoided RMTs because it's a lot of work if you want it to look good/not suck. There's also a few other things that have held me back, ranging from never had a reason to make one/didn't think my teambuilding was good enough to warrant a team showcase (which is essentially what this is, seeing how that's what most OM RMTs are). What changed now is that I feel like I've improved enough on the building aspects of the meta to share the process with people, who upon reading, can build their own more easily and see how this meta is. Also, I hear this is THE way to rile up likes so let's get to it.

Teambuilding

Specific things in the sets will be explained later, right now, we're using pokemon + ability to give a general outline of the building process.

I was writing an analysis on Genesect when I realized that I hadn't used Sheer Force Genesect, a set that I really liked, for a while now. Also, the QC team pointed out a few things that I found interesting, like the newly popular Band Adaptability Tyranitar being a good partner to it. So, I started off with these two pokemon.

Now, most of my old teams were just no brainer offense with Choiced Nukes and some necessary checks. But I wanted to avoid that this time. Now my old teams had shaky checks to prominent threats like Motor Drive Manaphy, Gale Wings Skarmory and various Crocune variants, mainly aiming to kill them before they got an opportunity to set up. So, trying to avoid that this time, I picked Unaware Zapdos to blanket check all three.

With my two strong wall breakers, I figured the team would appreciate priority to clean up weakened Pokemon after Genesect and Tyranitar had their fun. So, I added something I've been meaning to use after I tried out Talonflame in OU and hadn't used in the meta yet, Gale Wings Skarmory. I often found myself being in a bad position vs Skarmory with my old teams and it was wildly popular, S rank in the viability rankings actually, so I wanted to give it a try. It also made my team fully resistant to the infamous Gale Wings BirdSpam teams which gave my old, frailer teams a lot of trouble. While a lot of people use/consider Zapdos a Gale Wings counter, the only variants that can truly (while most variants counter skarmory, Banded Return from Staraptor/Braviary does a lot to Zapdos) counter Gale Wings is the Physically Defensive Intimidate variant, while mine was Unaware and Specially Defensive. I also added Tinted Lens Dragonite because at that point I didn't need any more Gale Wings checks and I liked the ability to hit Doublade Neutrally with Banded Outrage while having an Extreme Speed that hit everything barring Ghosts neutrally (+ Refrigerate's popularity meant that ghosts wouldn't switch into it anyway).

At this point, Refrigerate/Pixilate Entei or any other user really, had a field day vs this team. I needed something to be able to check them reliably multiple times. So I used a mon that I'd wanted to use for a while now, Physical Manaphy! Seriously though, this isn't the Heat Physical Tough Claws Manaphy set that I originally wanted to use, but a nice little PhysDef Regen Set that I saw motherlove use to wall all my mons in one of my older teams. It provided Knock Off support, making Chansey, Goodra, Doublade easier to take care of, and was a very solid check to most Physical Attackers, mostly the -Ate users I was worried about, thanks to Scald and its amazing mechanics :)

At this point, the team was done, but I noticed a very big weakness to two of the most threatening Special Attackers in the tier: Latios and Gengar. They could essentially spam their STAB moves vs me and win as of now. I also noticed that my only way to beat Victini was to get some prior damage on it and Kill it with priority. So, to make this matchup better, I changed my Tyranitar to Scarf to be able to pressure those mons with Crunch and Pursuit and sometimes surprising them with the Scarf actually, due to the popularity of the Band set. With the loss of band on Tyranitar, I felt like I lost a bit of firepower vs Stall teams, so I changed Dragonite to Tough Claws to get more power behind the Outrages and Coverage moves. This is important because honestly vs stall, I feel its very important to get OHKOs once a wallbreaker is brought in. This is because the availability of Regenerator and Poison Heal means Pokemon living with even small amounts of hp can heal back with ease and annoy you later. I was worried about my matchup vs Doublade when I made this change, but later realized that it can't touch the Manaphy + Zapdos core.

What the team accomplishes/why it works
The team's not perfect but I feel that it checks a large portion of the meta, and most of the metagame cannot switch into my wallbreakers. It shows off that you can create variations of standard sets and use uncommon sets to good effect if you know what exactly you want to beat.

My idea was to bring a team that had slow pivots that let me bring my wallbreakers in safely vs offensive teams and have the ability to power through slower offensive/defensive teams. Zapdos and Manaphy act as the slow pivots vs faster offensive teams while maintaining their fast utility role vs slower, bulkier builds. The wallbreakers I have are fast and strong enough to power through common pokemon in slower teams and vs faster offensive builds, after gaining safe switches thanks to the pivots, deals massive damage to said team to let the priority users to clean up.

The team at a glance

Genesect @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Bug Buzz
- Ice Beam

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Crunch

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 24 SpA / 236 SpD
Sassy Nature
- U-turn
- Discharge
- Roost
- Toxic

Skarmory @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Defog
- Roost

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fire Punch
- Outrage
- Superpower
- Extreme Speed

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Protect

In Depth

Genesect @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower / Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Main Role:
Hit extremely hard with spammable STAB and coverage moves thanks to Sheer Force LO while maintaining longevity thanks to no recoil, decent bulk and good typing (also good for resists). Serves as the team's primary wallbreaker.

Movepool:
Bug Buzz hits common Psychic/Dark types in bulkier teams extremely hard while OHKO-ing ones on offensive teams that switch in/are slower than sect/fail to OHKO sect. Dark Pulse allows the OHKO on Doublade, which walls the physical attackers in the team. Flamethrower improves matchup vs Lucario/Magnezone, both of which give the team trouble. Lucario gets a bunch of kills with Close Combat/Refrigerate Extreme Speed, especially if it can get up a swords dance. Magneton wasn't OHKO'd by anything barring Superpower and could spam Adaptability Volt Switch, gaining momentum while killing my own and doing Huge chunks of damage to my mons. Ice Beam hits defensive Flash Fire Skarmories (usually the best option to hit Skarmory with generally), opposing Dragonite and Zygarde.
Comments:
EVs maximise Special Attack and Speed (+Speed is needed to outspeed Jolly Lucario/Adamant Victini). Should be kept alive vs Defensive Skarmory/Ferrothorn/Chesnaught and Zygarde/Dragonite. For the latter, should be pivoted in via Manaphy. Thunderbolt is an option to hit Suicune harder, the PH variant of which gives this team quite a bit of trouble if given the chance. Iron Head is an option to hit Goodra/Chansey hard on the switch.

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Crunch​

Main Role:
Checks faster threats that otherwise destroys the team. Examples include: Latios, Victini, Gengar and Refrigerate Thundurus.

Movepool:
Even though its on the first slot and is a very important part of the set, Pursuit has to be used with caution. Losing ttar at the wrong time could very well be a disaster. As mentioned above, its main use is to trap and kill some serious threats while profiding a decently fast/strong scarfer. Stealth Rock profits on the fact that Ttar forces switches and can be used to bluff non scarf. Crunch and Rock Slide are reliable STAB to beat the aforementioned threats.

Comments:
Rock Slide > Stone Edge is mainly for accuracy, you can feel free to exchange it however. Keep in mind that missing a Stone Edge/Rock Slide on a Gale Wings Pokemon or the aforementioned Thundy basically means ttar is gone.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 24 SpA / 236 SpD
Sassy Nature
- U-turn
- Discharge
- Roost
- Toxic​

Main Role:
Blanket checking scary setup sweepers like Skarmory, Manaphy, Suicune and even Cress if necessary. Also providing a switchin for the special spectrum of the metagame, useful vs bulkier teams that don't have a lot of power but are bulky enough to live hits while KO-ing frailer mons on offense e.g Goodra, Slowking/Slowbro etc.

Movepool:
U-Turn allows us to preserve momentum vs Motor Drive mons and prevents risking the boost. Discharge hits Suicune and Skarmory while having the spammability factor due to 30% paralyze rate. Roost recovers HP, maintains longevity and allows it to properly check those setup sweepers mentioned above. Toxic allows us to beat Manaphy and cripple certain switchins.

Comments:
-Speed allows it to outslow the uninvested base 100s and Speed invested Pokemon that are prevalent in offense, this allows me to safely bring out a wallbreaker in those matchups. SpD EVs allow it to tank scalds/ice beam from Manaphy while toxic stalling it with roost. This works because generally, the Manaphy will try to set up on you when it's motor drive, letting you get off the toxic. 24 SpA gives the 2HKO on leftovers Suicune, PH Suicune is a 3hko but since it won't be at full, you can switch to Dragonite after a Discharge and click Outrage.

Skarmory @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Defog
- Roost​

Main Role:
Serves as a cleaner/setup sweeper thanks to priority Brave Bird, nice bulk and access to SD. Its typing + bulk allows multiple setup opportunities and it hits as hard as talonflame unboosted. It's also the team's Gale Wings counter (barring opposing skarm, which are handled by Zapdos).

Movepool:
Swords Dance is for boosting Skarmory's attack to actually pull off the sweep. While not weak, most of the time skarmory can't win till it has a SD up. Roost lets it retain longevity and perform as a counter to Gale Wings, also lets is set up successfully in a bunch of situations, like vs ferrothorn. Defog serves as the only form of hazard removal in the team, removing hazards when skarmory forces a switch or vs something that can't threaten Skarmory.

Comments:
Quite the asset vs teams with Victini and Gyarados, most relable way to revenge both after they're weakened enough. It can also be used to maintain the illusion of Ttar not being scarf when we use that to try and revenge certain threats instead of bringing in Ttar, this helps in specific situations like a team with both Victini and Latios to bait one of those into staying in and dying to Crunch.

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fire Punch
- Outrage
- Superpower
- Extreme Speed

Main Role:
Serves as the team's secondary wallbreaker. Nothing barring steel/fairy types and can switch into the outrage from this monster. It can also serve as a secondary revengekiller with Extreme Speed in various situations, like when skarmory can't be risked/ is already dead.

Movepool:
Extreme Speed is why the dragon was put into the team, hitting neutrals extremely hard and being a great asset vs offensive teams. However, with the last teambuilding change, Outrage and Superpower have become very important moves to this dragon. Outrage allows it to beat most common Bulkmons and as mentioned before, has very few switchins. Superpower allows it to kill steel types like ferro/heatran that maybe thinking about switching into the Outrage. Fire Punch hits non flash fire steel types, should be careful while clicking this because it's often a momentum killer.

Comments:
Other elemental punches and earthquake are options over Fire Punch, I believe I picked fire Punch for the ability to hit Skarmory/non flash fire Doublade SE after Eq was disappointing me in terms of power. Thunder Punch was something I used, but iirc outrage does around the same amount if not more, to Suicune.

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Protect

Main Role:
Serves as a blanket check to a lot of physical attackers. Acts as a pivot for bringing in the wall breakers vs faster teams.

Movepool:
Scald lets you spread burns and do decent damage to physical attackers you want to beat and occassionally just to fish for burns to make the matchup easier. Knock Off is great utility as common switchins to manaphy: Chansey, Goodra are both crippled upon losing their items, even random mons losing their items is usually good for us as it can give an idea as to what the set was and could let some mons live attacks it wouldn't live if the item was still there. U-Turn grabs offensive momentum vs slower teams and allows the wallbreakers to come in safely vs faster teams. Protect lets you scout for moves and destroy random Mega Lopunnies that can annoy this team.

Comments:
Manaphy is invaluable vs a team with an Extreme Speed user/Rain physical attackers and to an extent, Mega Gyarados. However, the last one includes mostly scald burn/chip damage + prio killing it. It can also check non DesoLand Victini. -Speed allows it to outslow the +speed mons prevalent on faster offensive builds. The rest is dumped in the bulk. Attack/Special attack investment is unnecessary even though it has 3 moves because all 3 are mainly there to help out the team in the long run, not sweep by themselves.

Threatlist

Weather teams: The team has a relatively easier time VS rain with manaphy walling Swampert and Zapdos checking special attackers like the Hurricane abusers/Electric types, but sun would just destroy it (there's no switch ins for chlorotran).

Setup Sweepers: Suicune and Snorlax can be beat, but can become huge issues if they're given setup opportunities. Gyarados is simiar in nature, it doesn't have counters in the team but can be beat with priority + some prior damage and the most effectively by scald burns.

Desolate Land Vicitini: Has no real switch in. Reliant on Ttar and Prio to kill it.

Infernape: Can be revengekilled with Skarmory, but if it packs SD/sash it's very very threatening. Magnet Pull can get rid of skarm if it's packing sash, leaving me with no win condition.

Tyrantrum: Magic Guard with DD can actually do a huge amount of work vs my team. There are no reliable switchins. Only way to kill it is Genesect before the DD, and sect dies if it's sash. Skarm can't take two Head Smashes, and does nothing back. Band/Scarf Adaptability/Tough Claws are equally troublesome.

Prankster: Wisp users just invalidates the 3 physical attackers here and they're all really important to how the team works. Para is always annoying, this could also be said about No Guard

Dragon Dance Zygarde (Refrigerate): While very very uncommon, it can destroy most of the team. If it gets to +1, only scald burns from manaphy and brave bird from skarm can check it. However, both are 2hko'd.

Achievements
Nothing much as far as ladder goes. I honestly stay away from ladders because I get stressed if I ladder too much and it's addicting once you start, so I've basically had battles with this team vs people in the OM room who play the meta consistently and haven't lost in around 20~ test games (though quite a few were haxy wins. What can I say, I'm a lucker). I have taken it out on the ladder to test how it does vs random stuff and did decently, but I did end up racking up my only loss with the team there vs a team that blew me back with a random Dry Skin Rypherior, mainly due to misplays on my part. It didn't solo the team mind you, it just got rid of an important member when I underestimated its bulk. I won a couple of tours in the OM room with the team too, including a daily.

Shoutouts

Shoutouts to the first people that I interacted in OM and the reason I used to revisit the room: manu 11 ihateyourpancreas TheBurgerKing99 (rip ;_;) jrm115 (rip ;_;) Thank you for making my time here enjoyable from the very beginning when I first came to OM for a randbats tour. Specific shoutout to manu because he asked for it for being the first friend I had in the OM room and being one of the nicest people ever. Shoutouts to The Immortal for making the randbats tour that brought me to the room in the first place and helping me out along the way to where I am atm. I remember being intimidated by you and Eevee General ( and even snaq lol) but now I'm happy to be able call you all friends. You guys did all my global/room promotions too :]. Now comes all my frens at om staff in no particular order: Snaquaza Pikachuun Piccolo Daimao unfixable Uselesscrab Zangooser Heisenerg BetaHousing SpartanMalice Cobalion. E4 Flint Ransei Hack_Guy Kl4ng Lcass4919 w0rd ty to you all for making my time here so great, I've enjoyed every conversation we've ever had :] Special shoutouts to the OCN crew because we have the shittiest time zone sigh... Late night om room is the best :(

Regulars/voices in the om room that I've enjoyed talking to overtime, ty for making the room enjoyable and essentially making it what it is. Shoutouts: Kingslayer2779 InfernapeTropius11 Deathly ♛The King FishInABox Illusio The Reptile Dream Eater Gengar motherlove Rumplestiltskin Joshz Arhops dusk raimon and that one random guy whose name i don't remember but used to play ts with when I started out! If I missed anyone, it's because I don't care about you forgot :[. Special shoutout to my favourite voiced (+) user: Leafshield you're always voiced in my heart fren :[[

Now for tours staff: The tour room is basically what got me started on spreading out into more public rooms with larger populace and you all have been a great help throughout the entire journey, helping me learn how to deal with a larger userbase. Thank you for believing in me and promoting me to ranks that I never felt like I deserved. You guys are an amazing bunch and I've loved being here ever since I first joined the skype chat. I love you all <3_<3 Now like this rmt like there's no tomorrow. Apparently my love isn't shown w/o individual shoutouts, so. Special shoutouts to Snowy. for being the greatest gartic player alive. S/os to anto Blitzamirin for being BULLIES. Feliburn is the best RO for putting my favourite song in the staffintro, jk he's horrible. sirDonovan and Jin Of The Gale are like the nicest guys ever. petyer shares my taste in vines and Jarii 's a buddy who I would end up solo-ing the room with way too often. Jack Dalton for rusing me hard during my driver promo and Always for promoting me to roomvoice (r u dead? i swear I never see you anymore). Minus RIP. QuoteCS dude we got promoted to mod on the same day ayy. Talking with user: Raven is always fun and Sigilyph is a gartic tryhard >_>. Vapo still needs to tutor me in memes, so does iplaytennislol actually. New guys I haven't interacted with much, just know that you're doing a great job :] . Jetpack and Hannahh we really haven't interacted much (even though i'm auth in 2 rooms jetpack is in lol), hopefully it'll change when I'm spending 16 hours a day on PS late december, you guys seem like fun people. Winry is a weeb. Psych sucks. That is all.

Lobby staff: You guys have been great, I haven't interacted with you all as much as I have with my other roomauth people, but the lobby's been a completely different experience from what I'm used to and you all have helped me get used to it. Thank you and I've had a lot of fun watching it grow into what it is now. Special shoutout to Awu because we got promoted in help around the same time and now we're staff in like all the same rooms barring OM. I remember us speaking for the first time after winning that 1v1 tour with Kyub critting your golem lol.

Staff room frens: Eyan Marshmallon Ace ashiemore Rosie_The_Venusaur you guys were the ones I spoke to the most in the staff room after the promo, ty for covering for me when I had to leave my rooms with no staff and helping me out with basic questions when I needed it. :]

Special shoutout goes to monte. Man it sucks that you're no longer with us, it sucks that you had it that bad without most of us knowing about it. I hope you're at peace now and I hope people can keep the meta you loved so much alive over the years.

e- glad you're back and hope you can stay out of the permabanlists in the future :]

If I ever make another rmt, I'm going to tag exactly 0 people cuz this is hard work

Last edited:
Currently Testing:

Krook>Tyranitar (actually outpaces modest ss magnezone in rain)
Iron Head > Dark Pulse on Genesect
Dragon Claw > Fire Punch on Dragonite
Ice Beam + AV > Protect + Lefties on Manaphy

Last edited:
I'm impressed, this team is good enough to win even with imus' terribad plays.
Nah srls, I really like this team, dnite + genesect + ttar is a terrific core, really hard to wall.

One thing I did notice while fighting it is that electric types give you a ton of trouble, you have -27 switchins to them and if you don't pressure them enough that can be a pain in the lower back.
For changes I recommend not using the gen 5 sprites cuz they're fugly. That's about it. rest is good.

hello? gen5 sprites are way better than the XY ones and fit the gen5 icons >_>

Yeah for Raikou and Thundurus I have to usually switch into zapdos to tank and heal up, Refrigerate thundy can basically destroy me if given the chance (probably should update list). My general plan vs those would be to have rocks up and try getting some damage on them so I can win priority later. Scarf ttar actually surprises opponents sometimes, letting me get off the damage I need when they go for volt switch. Luckily the most common electric is Zapdos and my Zapdos is a very safe switchin to that.

Ty for the reply!

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
good team. i reccomend gitting guud so you can actually win with it.( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) seriously though, this team looks pretty solid. other then the minor TERRIBLE weakness to electric types, and somewhat tini with the convenient glaciate.(and i think sun boosted v-create still gives ttar, manaphy, and dnite a hellova problem) 4 out of 6 of your mons just die to bandini. 1 of which can die if tini runs glaciate. lmao. though ttar in retrospect, gives tini problems, once thats gone, tini just mows through your team almost. but hey, no team is perfect. all in all a good team, and imas sacks. :)

also funny enough, you have a HUGE weakness to...lmao..HP fire regenvest lapras. who literally tanks EVERYTHING but ttar, and can 2hko your entire team. i actually want to try lapras now. it sounds...decent.

Really cool team!

One flaw that I noticed though and that's very difficult to fix is while you say you can handle Swampert and that you should do fine against rain, Swift Swim Magnezone completely and utterly destroys this team, especially with hazards up. That being said I'm apparently the only person that likes to run Swift Swim Zone despite how godly it is, but anyway!

Zone damage calcs:

252+ SpA Choice Specs Magnezone Thunder vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Tyranitar: 295-348 (86.5 - 102%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO (Flash Cannon kills)
252+ SpA Choice Specs Magnezone Thunder vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Genesect: 307-363 (108.4 - 128.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Magnezone Thunder vs. 248 HP / 236+ SpD Zapdos: 231-273 (60.3 - 71.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Magnezone Thunder vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Dragonite: 297-349 (91.9 - 108%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

So basically swift swim zone outspeeds and OHKO's your entire team bar Zapdos (which can't do much back) with rocks up using one move alone.

The only thing I can suggest to fix this without screwing with the team too much would be replacing Manaphy with a Motor Drive variant, which would both deal with Magnezone and help you with your huge weakness to Electric and Volt Switch in general. If Regenerator Manaphy is too valuable for you it may be worth replacing Tyranitar with Scarf Desolate Land Victini or Scarf Desolate Land Heatran, which while being a risky switch-ins to Magnezone itself, can revenge kill it and screw up rain teams pretty badly due to weather control and solidify the match-up against rain teams in general.

Really cool team!

One flaw that I noticed though and that's very difficult to fix is while you say you can handle Swampert and that you should do fine against rain, Swift Swim Magnezone completely and utterly destroys this team, especially with hazards up. That being said I'm apparently the only person that likes to run Swift Swim Zone despite how godly it is, but anyway!

Zone damage calcs:

252+ SpA Choice Specs Magnezone Thunder vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Tyranitar: 295-348 (86.5 - 102%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO (Flash Cannon kills)
252+ SpA Choice Specs Magnezone Thunder vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Genesect: 307-363 (108.4 - 128.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Magnezone Thunder vs. 248 HP / 236+ SpD Zapdos: 231-273 (60.3 - 71.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Magnezone Thunder vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Dragonite: 297-349 (91.9 - 108%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

So basically swift swim zone outspeeds and OHKO's your entire team bar Zapdos (which can't do much back) with rocks up using one move alone.

The only thing I can suggest to fix this without screwing with the team too much would be replacing Manaphy with a Motor Drive variant, which would both deal with Magnezone and help you with your huge weakness to Electric and Volt Switch in general. If Regenerator Manaphy is too valuable for you it may be worth replacing Tyranitar with Scarf Desolate Land Victini or Scarf Desolate Land Heatran, which while being a risky switch-ins to Magnezone itself, can revenge kill it and screw up rain teams pretty badly due to weather control and solidify the match-up against rain teams in general.
Yeah Magnezone alone is why weather teams is in the threatlist rather than just sun lol. I just mentioned that the team has a relatively better matchup vs rain than it does vs sun for the two reasons I mentioned in the op. Victini Sounds like an interesting option over Ttar tho I would miss trapping goodra/lati/gengar. I'll test it out with Victini. Thanks for the rate!

I might also test the team out with Krookodile over Ttar and see if that helps the matchup vs electrics (though it mainains the matchup issue vs rain).

Just a couple things that poped in my head

Consider ion head on genesect, bops goodra on the switch and dark puls is useless af
Consider dragon claw instead of outrage on nite
Consider av on manaphy and ice beam on protect. Defuk do yo do to dragon types, click scald and hope for burn? You also lose to ph + sd chomper. And it makes you less weak to zygarde in general.

Not saying it's better, but consider it, just thought about it and since I'm short on time I tossed it there to not forget.

Just a couple things that poped in my head

Consider ion head on genesect, bops goodra on the switch and dark puls is useless af
Consider dragon claw instead of outrage on nite
Consider av on manaphy and ice beam on protect. Defuk do yo do to dragon types, click scald and hope for burn? You also lose to ph + sd chomper. And it makes you less weak to zygarde in general.

Not saying it's better, but consider it, just thought about it and since I'm short on time I tossed it there to not forget.
I actually was considering Iron Head>Dark Pulse on Genesect, but kept it because as mentioned before, I really appreciate Doublade gone and without Dark Pulse it (flash fire) can actually switch in on all my moves. Though I don't necessarily fear it with Manaphy and Zapdos being healthy, it really just eased the pressure.

Dragon Claw > Fire Punch is something we talked about seeing how 80% Doublade runs Flash Fire anyway, but replacing Outrage can actually hurt me in a few situations where I badly need the OHKO. The Outrage and Espeed is honestly the selling point of the set, allowing it to break/revenge many things.

Thought process behind protect was scouting moves/getting lefties recovery back. It also helps vs something that zapdos may have toxic'd earlier I guess. Ice Beam AV is definitely worth a try yeah, seeing how my Zygarde Check is Genesect.

I actually was considering Iron Head>Dark Pulse on Genesect, but kept it because as mentioned before, I really appreciate Doublade gone and without Dark Pulse it (flash fire) can actually switch in on all my moves. Though I don't necessarily fear it with Manaphy and Zapdos being healthy, it really just eased the pressure.

Dragon Claw > Fire Punch is something we talked about seeing how 80% Doublade runs Flash Fire anyway, but replacing Outrage can actually hurt me in a few situations where I badly need the OHKO. The Outrage and Espeed is honestly the selling point of the set, allowing it to break/revenge many things.

Thought process behind protect was scouting moves/getting lefties recovery back. It also helps vs something that zapdos may have toxic'd earlier I guess. Ice Beam AV is definitely worth a try yeah, seeing how my Zygarde Check is Genesect.
Sorry I meat dragon claw instead of fire punch yeh, removing outrage would be dumb af. Don't do it, lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)