Other Metagames Tag You're It: An AG RMT Ft. Mega Gengar

Hi, I'm Cryptis, and today I'm sharing an AG team that I built with HunterStorm! It centers around stacking hazards to set up kills for Mega Gengar and dual Ekillers.

Tag You're It (Gengar-Mega) @ Gengarite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 76 HP / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Destiny Bond
- Protect
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball

The star of the team! Mega Gengar helps to trap anything that could pose a threat to other mons on the team. It is especially good at trapping low health Arceus', which it outspeeds and isn't affected by Extreme Speed.

Destiny Bond is to kill pesky Ekillers or PDons that are harder for the team to kill, however after some layers of Spikes and Rocks this becomes unnecessary. Protect is run to survive against Ekillers and MRay when Mega Evolving. Sludge Wave is self explanatory. I chose Shadow Ball over Taunt as I don't have a very reliable way to kill Giratinas with Rest, and it doesn't hurt vs. Lugia either. Also, not running Shadow Ball would allow Gengar to be completely walled by Steel types.

HP is to live a +2 Modest Moonblast from Xerneas and do 40.8 - 48.7% back, revenge killing it after a combination of Rocks, a layer of Spikes, and an Extreme Speed from I'm So Angry.

King to a God (Groudon-Primal) @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 248 HP / 12 Atk / 104 Def / 144 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Precipice Blades
- Roar

The first part of the hazard-stacking core. Groudon is the main check to Xerneas, and can help a ton vs. fast sweepers. PDon also helps the matchup vs. BulkyCeus without Toxic, as if they don't have Toxic, they usually have Will-O-Wisp. Also, most BulkyCeus' are running types that PDon resists, so their Judgements aren't doing much.

Rocks compliment Skarmory's Spikes, helping to wear down many threats and bring them into KO range of MGar and the team's Ekillers. Thunder Wave is the only form of speed control on the team, bar MGar's Protect, and everyone knows that Yellow Magic is the best move in the game. Precipice Blades is there to hit harder than EQ, as I want all the power I can get. Roar works well with Rocks and Spikes, and helps to phaze Xerneas' and Ekillers, along with MRay.

Defense EVs are to live an Adamant 252 Precipice Blades from PDon. Attack EVs are to OHKO Ground-Weak Arceus' after Rocks and 3 layers of Spikes. The rest is thrown into HP and SP Def.

I Need Gale Wings (Skarmory) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Def / 164 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Iron Head
- Roost

The second part of the hazard-stacking core, and the biggest check to Ekillers. It's holding Rocky Helmet to even further help with my matchup vs. Ekillers, doing chip damage whenever they touch Skarmory. This is a huge defensive support to the team, and can help to set up late game sweeps for Mega Gengar and the Ekillers.

Spikes are part of the hazard-stack core, which I've already explained. Whirlwind helps to phaze mons, and get off hazard damage. Iron head is to keep Skarmory from being Taunt-bait, and to get off some damage on Xerneas should I predict them not to Geomancy. Roost is self explanatory, as it gives Skarmory longevity.

Speed EVs are to outspeed non-Speed invested PDon and POgre. This allows you to set up an extra layer of spikes, which as seen above helps to get a bunch of kills. The rest is thrown into HP and Def.

Mike (Arceus) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Magic Coat
- Earthquake

The first of the two Ekillers, and the only way to keep hazards off our side of the field. Luckily, hazards don't hurt the team that much, and the team can take advantage of most hazard-setters anyway by setting up with an Ekiller or trapping them with Mega Gengar.

Swords Dance and Extreme Speed are obvious. Magic Coat is a very useful move, and with Lum + MC, Arceus becomes a great one-time switchin to Darkrai. Earthquake helps to hit MGar, PDon, and SteelCeus.

252/252 Jolly is just standard Lum Ekiller set. Jolly is to outspeed other Adamant Ekillers.

I'm So Angry (Arceus) @ Life Orb
Happiness: 0
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
- Frustration

The second Ekiller of the team. This Arceus hits much harder with a combination of Adamant nature, Life Orb, and Frustration. This is the heavy hitter of the team, capable of decimating most of the meta with proper set-up.

The moveset is pretty simple bar Frustration. Shadow Claw is for Giratina and other Ghost types. Frustration is to muscle past bulkier 'mons that you are guaranteed to outspeed. Frustration actually hits harder than a S/E Shadow Claw, so it helps a lot against 'mons like Lugia and Bulky/TankyCeus.

EVs are to hit hard and fast again. This Arceus is Adamant because with the Life Orb, you can sacrifice a bit of speed just to hit that much harder. Of course, it can go both ways, so that's up to you.

Judy (Arceus-Fairy) @ Pixie Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic

The utility mon of the team, FairyCeus provides dual status support, as well as an answer to MRay and Yveltal. It can take any physical hit, and most special hits.

Judgement is to hit Dragons and Darks, and Recover is to increase longevity. The dual status is to give the team some utility. Will-O-Wisp helps against physical set-up sweepers, and toxic helps against bulkier 'mons with good recovery.

Speed EVs creep other bulky Arceus'. The rest is thrown into physical bulk.

Darkrai with Substitute - This can rape the whole squad if played right. You have to play smart with your hazards and your Ekillers. Also, MGar can't switch in on it, but it can revenge kill so long as a sub isn't up.

Mixed Defenses Arceus Poison - The only mon that handles this well is PDon. You have to keep your PDon healthy, and force it out with Roar + Whirlwind to hurt it with hazards. Also, you can play mind games with Mike to set up while not getting burned.

Ferrothorn - Ferrothorn is a big problem to the team. The only real way to kill it is to take a ton of damage on an Ekiller to set up and kill it, or burning it and then shuffling it around, forcing it to take hazard damage.

Klefki - Klefki can pose a problem if Mike's Lum Berry has been eaten, or if it gets to set up a Substitute. Once again, you can play around it by Roaring/Whirlwinding it out until it's in range of Extreme Speed.

Specially Defensive Arceus Ghost - Arceus Ghost with Will-O-Wisp walls all of the team's offensive mons, however, it can be stalled out with Toxic.

CM Arceus Ghost - Arceus Ghost, as mentioned above, can wall most of the team, but an offensive variant can also do a ton of damage. After a CM it tanks a Shadow Ball from Mega Gengar, and depending on the situation can take out Skarmory, PDon, and FairyCeus.

Tag You're It (Gengar-Mega) @ Gengarite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 76 HP / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Protect
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball

King to a God (Groudon-Primal) @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 248 HP / 12 Atk / 104 Def / 144 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Precipice Blades
- Roar

I Need Gale Wings (Skarmory) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Def / 164 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Iron Head
- Roost

Mike (Arceus) @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Magic Coat
- Earthquake

I'm So Angry (Arceus) @ Life Orb
Happiness: 0
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
- Frustration

Judy (Arceus-Fairy) @ Pixie Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic

HunterStorm - Thanks for building with me yo. It was a ton of fun
vitkray - BAE
Lmao Its BT - AG Squad Lord
KGBeast - AG Squad Lord
CGTNathan - For not believing in me <3
Thimo - New AG fren
Oreo Hunter - For helping with the calcs in spirit
_UT_ - UR BOI

Screenshot 2016-02-19 at 10.32.38 AM.png

Last edited:
There isn't much to as about this team, it works and works well. There is something i would of said about the 1st arceus, in ubers 2 attack arceus should always use shadow claw as optimal coverage, but seeing as how you have a 2nd arceus the pulls out a even strong shadow claw, there isn't much reason to change it. Nice RMT Fren :] Glooks on the shoutouts

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Like everybody else said this is a very solid team, I don't have much to change on it. First of all though, you're really not weak to Mega Diancie at all, with multiple checks and gengar to trap weakened formes. Iron Head just doesn't seem necessary on Skarmory, it's alright to ease predictions I suppose but Toxic seems like a better way to use the moveslot. The other obvious thing is that the Darkrai weakness is pretty obnoxious here. I normally wouldn't recommend dropping this, but I think Sleep Talk over Wisp on Fairyceus is kind of a necessity. You can already play around Darkrai to a degree, but without fitting talk on fairyceus or don it's going to be a much larger threat. I also think you should really look into Focus Blast on Gengar over Shadow Ball, it's better coverage versus most of the meta except Pdon and should help to more reliably trap and KO Darkrai and cripple Steelceus for your Ekillers. Other than that there's not much else to change, most of your threatlist isn't really major and I don't want to change the team around too much. This is pretty nice, and grats on the peak.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)