Other Metagames Enfin

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion

3rd RMT | ORAS Anything Goes | Peaked 2057 | 1st Place

~
Welcome to my third Rate My Team, and yet again it's for the only metagame I can play, Anything Goes. Along the way somewhere, I convinced people I was good at this metagame. This is not true.

Once upon a time, a man named chaos pondered about the effect of Mega Rayquaza on the Ubers metagame, when he determined that the power, ability and movepool of the dragon made it an overpowered force in what was once called a banlist. Chaos created the Anything Goes metagame, rid of all clauses, allowing anything legal within the cartridge games to be used. Many players thought to themselves "That sounds like absolute cancer, I'm in" and hence the Anything Goes ladder became densely populated, turning into what is the third most played metagame on the server.

It all started with random players testing different strategies, six Glalie, six Klefki, six Shuckle, e.t.c. Finding out what worked in such a diverse and unique metagame was what made testing random gimmicks and teams entertaining. After a while the metagame developed into a Uberesque style metagame, however still remained unique in its own way.

One of the main commonalities of Anything Goes, is the abuse of the Species Clause, with many players spamming Pokémon such as Klefki, Arceus and Darkrai. Arceus is the most common, as its versatility, movepool and ability to hide its typing before it's sent out allows it to be an easily spammable threat. However, not everyone chooses to spam these Pokémon. In fact, the norm is one or two Arceus. No one ever peaks without Arceus, as it is too good to refuse. The majority of the metagame believe Arceus is a must.

Inspiration
The inspiration for this team was essentially the misconception that Arceus is a must in the Anything Goes metagame. This team was created to prove that this wasn't the case. Although having an Arceus forme is extremely beneficial, in its natural bulk and pleasant movepool. This Pokémon is also easily spammed and forces the belief it is the best Pokémon in the metagame. I decided to ignore this and build something unique.

Teambuilding
I started this team almost seven months ago. Before my last RMT, I had the idea in running multiple Xerneas, instead of Arceus spam. Three sounded like a decent amount, without being overkill, and still having room for handling its weaknesses. I chose Xerneas, as it seemed to take on the majority of the metagame 1v1, bar Primal Groudon and Ho-Oh which was rare at the time. I could run Geomancy as a late game set-up sweeper, possibly two to ensure efficiency. The last could be a Scarf Xerneas to deal with Darkrai and other fast Pokémon, fast revenge killing (this team's version of an EKiller lawl).

My thoughts were PDon, Ho-Oh, boosted EKiller, other GeoXern, Steel types and Poison types. I had found an efficient core in Skarmory and Ho-Oh previously that managed to take on these threats bar two, and I would find a good check for both Ho-Oh and Primal Groudon later on.

So, of course the next step was to find a viable check for these Pokémon and the first thing that came to my mind at the time was Arceus-Water. However, that defeated the purpose of the team. I also found that I wasting a mega slot, and although it wasn't a major concern, the thought that Mega Rayquaza could possibly function as well as Arceus-Water made me add the beast itself.

I noticed that without an Arceus forme or a momentum killer in Giratina, my team didn't favour Stealth Rock, especially with the amount of pressure placed on Ho-Oh. I decided an early Taunt lead would fix this problem so I experimented a bit. Firstly, as I was running some jacked up offensive team, I wanted to be able to set rocks efficiently with Taunt on the same Pokémon. I would sacrifice one Xerneas slot as I found three was just excessive, two was enough. One Scarf, One Geo.

Aerodactyl was able to set rocks, get up a swift Taunt and potentially utilise its offensive stats to dent the opposing lead. It's typing would be nice, if people didn't use Rock coverage support Don leads, but what can you do. I found that Klefki and Kyogre were giving this team a hard time. I also noticed that how even though rock setup was nice a lot of the time, I found myself constantly defogging often which wasn't great for keeping up rocks, and for Ho-Oh which ended up being a fundamental part of the team. I tried other swift Taunt leads and landed on Thundurus-I.

This team peaked #1 on the Anything Goes ladder, however had extreme flaws and relied on set-up sweepers to put in the hard work. ExtremeKiller Arceus spam could shut down the sweepers with usually only the sweeper fainting one opposing mon. This wasn't enough to sustain progress and I often found myself not using Geomancy or Dragon Dance. I pondered the idea of a Screens lead, when I arrived on Light Clay Espeon. It could effectively disable rock setup, and set up both screens without much trouble.

This was extremely nice however, it didn't provide much prevention for rock setup or sleep prevention in the turns that followed. It also had two fairly unused moveslots in Yawn and Psychic. Around this time Drayden8437 made a team which involved Screens Deoxys-Speed. I decided to try that and was impressed at the results.

With Reflect, Light Screen, Taunt and Stealth Rock; Deoxys-Speed was the perfect fit. It could do everything the other options could do. By providing an early Taunt on Darkrai leads, it aided GeoXern set-up once Deo died. It set up screens to let GeoXern/MRay sweep against even the most offensive ExtremeKiller offense teams out there. I was content with the outcome.

In-Depth

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Ingrain
- Aromatherapy
- Geomancy

The first member of the team is something I've used before many times. Ingrain Geomancy Xerneas, with absolutely no bulk investment, because living attacks is overrated. By having maximal speed I aim to achieve three things. Firstly, outspeeding opposing Geomancy Xerneas is extremely nice, as it enables the win 1v1. It also enables Xerneas to speed tie Modest Offensive sets of Yveltal, preventing the 50% OWing as much as possibly without sacrificing Xerneas' offensive stats (I hate you Curve <3). Lastly, it can outspeed 252 Neutral Base 90s. PDon and Kyogre both don't appreciate chip damage unless Rest variants of either which are both surprisingly rare (resttalk ogre isnt as common as it should be unfortunately). As for the movepool, the lack of coverage makes it useless against Ho-Oh, but the movepool is needed to allow my team to function against common phazers in Multiscale Lugia and Sturdy Skarmory. Ingrain prevents any sort of phazing, allowing Xerneas to set-up to +6 against Lugia and Skarmory, avoiding Toxic damage using Aromatherapy and allowing nice team support when set-up is not necessary possible or isn't beneficial in that scenario. All around any Geomancy Xerneas set is extremely viable within the Anything Goes metagame.

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 216 Atk / 172 SpA / 120 Spe
Rash Nature
- Moonblast
- Close Combat
- Sleep Talk

Darkrai is an extremely potent threat within AG. Already a major threat in Ubers, its power is only exaggerated by the lack of the Sleep Clause which enables Darkrai to sweep unprepared teams. By abusing moves such as Taunt and Disable, Darkrai is no longer threatened by slow Sleep Talk users like Ho-Oh and Primal Kyogre. Hence this Pokémon was added to the team. Scarf Xerneas is an excellent team member as it allows simple checking of Darkrai, nice offensive pressure and can potentially be used as Steel Arceus lure. Its Speed enables outspeeding of max speed base 130s, Mewtwo and Mega Gengar; Darkrai, Shaymin-S, Mega Diancie, CM Arceus formes and a plethora of other common threats. Its Attack allows an alternative to only running Moonblast, as both moves provide a guaranteed OHKO standard Darkrai. Close Combat 2HKOs 252 HP Steelceus on the switch-in. The rest is dumped into Special Attack to still be a nuke on the special side, and abuse Xerneas' combination of Fairy Aura and accurate STAB in Moonblast. Sending this Xerneas in on Darkrai is not a terrible idea, however scouting for Substitute on the switch can be nice as this can effectively make Xerneas' job harder when taking down Darkrai. Scarf Xerneas is a terrifying threat on any team, but combined with an effective stop for Steel Arceus in Ho-Oh, is feared much more by foes.

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Defog
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Skarmory makes a returning appearance as the best stop for ExtremeKiller Arceus in the game (bar the Unaware users Quagsire and Clefable). Its defensive typing and stats allow it to live almost any unboosted physical attack, even without Sturdy intact. Toxic is for stalling down offensive threats in ExtremeKiller Arceus, SD Ghost Arceus, SD Ground Arceus, EQ Variants of Mega Rayquaza and many more. Defog is obviously to provide Ho-Oh and Mega Rayquaza with a pleasant switch in, also removing Sticky Web for the Xerneas sets and ridding of Screens which are increasing in popularity (I'm a catalyst for change). Roost is to recover health, I know, it's hard to understand. Whirlwind is to prevent set-up if Skarmory feels threatened (Stone Edge LO EKiller, SD/RP PDon assuming Sturdy intact, Mega Salamence once it sets up heaps, etc). Overall, Skarmory is a great physical wall with a decent array of utility options to choose from.

Ho-Oh @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Atk / 52 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Substitute
- Recover

Ho-Oh is essentially my favourite Pokémon, so I tend to build all my teams in a style that Ho-Oh can fit in and put in work. I love how it works, its ability, offensive typing, movepool, stats and its versatility. Fire is nice with Steel Arceus, Skarmory, Ferrothorn and a myriad of other steel types running wild throughout the meta. Flying doesn't have many resists, however the move Brave Bird is mainly used as its Ho-Oh's strongest STAB move without serious repercussions (Sky Attack). Its offensive presence is extremely pleasant, burning walls down is just straight fire. As offensive moves go, Sacred Fire and Brave Bird aren't half bad. Life Orb only makes these moves stronger, without being Choiced. Substitute is a nice bonus, as Ho-Oh can Substitute on switches, against Darkrai as it substitutes and avoiding slow status spreaders in Blissey and suicidal Skarmory. Its EVs allow it to live a +2 Modest Thunder from Geomancy Xerneas, which is nice since I'm weak to Geomancy Xerneas if I'm not able to setup first. Losing Ho-Oh isn't too detrimental against Xerneas as Deoxys-Speed can usually set up Light Screen for your own Geomancy Xerneas to set up, take 50% before Geomancy, Xerneas the 2HKOs without dying. Mega Rayquaza's ExtremeSpeed and Skarmory's Whirlwind (while Sturdy is intact) are also nice last resorts to Geomancy Xerneas. The EVs also allow Ho-Oh to out-speed Diancie Pre-Mega which can be useful if Ho-Oh can be sacked without much loss, or if Ho-Oh is low, rocks are up and Skarmory is unable to Defog. Ho-Oh is a neat Pokémon, which is unfortunately overlooked due to its Stealth Rock weakness. With appropriate team support Ho-Oh can be a dominating threat in Anything Goes.

Enfin (Rayquaza) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Air Lock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Dance

Thanks to Mega Rayquaza, the Anything Goes metagame was created, and for good reason. Its offensive stats, movepool, amazing ability, decent bulk, ability to hold an item and so much more make it a dominant force within the Anything Goes metagame. This set is extremely self-explanatory but I'll go through it anyway. Dragon Ascent, strongest STAB other than Outrage or Draco Meteor, required for Mega Evolution. ExtremeSpeed for many reasons, revenge killing, out-speeding Speed boosted mons in Smeargle, Scolipede, etc. Also allows the final damage on ExtremeKiller when Ascent does ~90% in many cases. Earthquake is used over V-create for two main reasons. One is to hit Primal Groudon well (usually for 50%), and the other is so I can easily imposter proof the set with Skarmory. It can also be used to bait Mega Diancie not to Protect on lead, however I wouldn't count this as important as the other two points. Dragon Dance is the best set-up move for Rayquaza in this case, as it allows enough Attack with the nice boost in Speed to outspeed Darkrai, Mewtwo, Scarf Xerneas, Deoxys-A, Shaymin-S, e.t.c. If you read all three of my RMTs, you may have noticed that my Mega Rayquaza set never changed. Well, it's actually extremely coincidental that my RMTs all feature the exact same Rayquaza set. I've tried Band, Specs, Scarf, LO, bulkier sets, mixed sets, Swords Dance, V-create, etc but somehow my best teams always happen to have this set. Weird, huh?

Deoxys-Speed @ Light Clay
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Stealth Rock

Not much to say about Deoxys-S but I'll try to elaborate on it regardless. Reflect and Light Screen are used to allow easy set-up by Rayquaza and Xerneas as well as allowing Ho-Oh to get its Substitute up splendidly. Taunt is there mainly to prevent early rock set-up, but also to Taunt Darkrai and use Geomancy Xerneas to set up on it. Stealth Rock is used against many teams where I can prevent Rock set-up and place a lot of pressure on the rock setter itself. Light Clay is self-explanatory, Pressure is nice in some cases e.g. when an Arceus decides to ExtremeSpeed you a few times and ends up losing the majority of its PP. Max speed to allow outspeeding of +1 Ray, +2 Xern, Drayden8437 's Deoxys-Speed and speed tieing with other Deoxys-Speed leads. Against Drayden8437 's team (I keep bringing this up because it's an extremely popular RMT at the moment), this team performs magnificently as it prevents Deoxys from working, allowing Xerneas or Ray to come in with Screens and sweep.

Threats
Some common threats to the team include:

Not running Thunder sucks, but this weakness can be easily overcome with Ho-Oh and Rayquaza-Mega. Skarmory can also come in and live anything other than Banded Sacred Fire, ensuring you don't need Skarmory for anything. Ho-Oh is speed crept over other Ho-Oh which usually just run 8 Speed maximum due to outspeeding Diancie not being considered as relevant or just being ignored completely since Ho-Oh shouldn't be needing to outspeed Diancie if it doesn't carry Earthquake coverage.

252+ Atk Mega Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Ho-Oh: 301-355 (72.5 - 85.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
208+ Atk Life Orb Ho-Oh Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Rayquaza: 273-321 (77.7 - 91.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

196+ Atk Life Orb Ho-Oh Brave Bird vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Ho-Oh: 294-347 (70.8 - 83.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
208+ Atk Life Orb Ho-Oh Brave Bird vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Ho-Oh: 298-351 (71.8 - 84.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

208+ Atk Life Orb Ho-Oh Sacred Fire vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 260-307 (77.8 - 91.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Not running Thunder sucks, but this weakness can be overcome with Rayquaza-Mega, Xerneas (set dependant) and even Ho-Oh (extremely set dependant). Rayquaza-Mega can live most things and Dance, however if it is fearful of fainting it can Dragon Ascent prior to Kyogre's Ice Beam for major damage. Dancing enables OHKO next turn, however a critical hit to Rayquaza can be detrimental. If Rayquaza is down before this Pokémon comes into play, both Xerneas can effectively play a role. Geomancy is possible, as Origin Pulse either happens after the Geomancy or if Kyogre is Timid it fails to OHKO. Keep an eye out for Sheer Cold Kyogre, and Roar on Geomancy. Scarf Xerneas can also do ~45% maximum with Moonblast, usually being able to blast twice without worry. Skarmory can come in with Sturdy and Whirlwind if it uses Calm Mind a few too many times.

252+ Atk Mega Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 172 HP / 0 Def Primal Kyogre: 301-355 (78.3 - 92.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Primal Kyogre Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mega Rayquaza in Strong Winds: 274-324 (78 - 92.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 172 HP / 0 SpD Primal Kyogre: 153-180 (39.8 - 46.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ SpA Primal Kyogre Origin Pulse vs. 184 HP / 0 SpD Xerneas in Heavy Rain: 385-454 (87.6 - 103.4%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

+2 252+ SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 172 HP / 0 SpD Primal Kyogre: 303-357 (78.9 - 92.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Primal Kyogre Origin Pulse vs. +2 184 HP / 0 SpD Xerneas in Heavy Rain: 195-229 (44.4 - 52.1%) -- 16.4% chance to 2HKO

172+ SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 172 HP / 0 SpD Primal Kyogre: 144-169 (37.5 - 44%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ SpA Primal Kyogre Origin Pulse vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Xerneas in Heavy Rain: 429-505 (109.1 - 128.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO (flattened)

Forfeit while you can.
Rayquaza-Mega wins ensuring that Glalie doesn't get Evasion Boost turn 1. Usually Protect will occur, so you may opt for Dragon Dance for helping sweep other team members. Then assuming they don't get Evasion, there won't be a problem. The problem is, you could send in Deoxys-Speed or Skarmory but they usually won't be able to do much to it. Deoxys-S wastes two of the turns while Glalie is Taunted on Taunting and switching out. You can use Skarmory after this and phaze, but usually Glalie is used in excess and is spammed. Therefore, phazing will actually just result in another Glalie being used. Sigh, Glalie is a real pain in the backside for any team, but especially those lacking Taunt Sableye (every team in the whole fucking metagame, this is better than Klefki ban it now).

252+ Atk Mega Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Glalie: 331-391 (109.9 - 129.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0 SpA Glalie Frost Breath vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mega Rayquaza in Strong Winds on a critical hit: 162-192 (46.1 - 54.7%) -- 50% chance to 2HKO

Replays
vs Curve
vs Hunter
vs Megazard
vs Black Schatten
vs Sage Hane
vs Shwetabh
vs Star Thunderbolt
vs White Lion18
vs Donno
vs sashimi9999
vs GonxKillua
vs DanteZeraxVorheez
vs TeamRocket
vs Two-dimensional
vs Cryptis
vs oosty
vs FischerChew
vs Megaqwer
vs Whis
vs TheTiksiBranch
vs TheHungrySage
vs ratkiller
vs LoopStratos
vs carlitos385
vs saimohan
vs Meguriine
vs Hippeh
vs Caberinho
vs dyejo123
vs lightningmonster
vs getrektson2mlg4u
vs Sami110801
vs teozz
vs zjun
-
Baton Pass
Klefki SwagPlay
Assist Based

Proof

Shoutouts
There are thousands of people to shoutout, so if I do happen to forget you, my apologies. This will have to go in a hide, I don't want it to make the thread excessively long.
Joshz basically IRLs since he showed me his house on google maps. bf on site tho, i hope you come back some day dude :(
Dream Eater Gengar ily <3
baconbagon z
InfernapeTropius11 dual specs palkia new meta smh
Rhythms you told me youd ignore me if i didnt shout u out
Betathunder reminds me of the refreshing scent of puerto rican fiberglass
Megazard low kick mega aggron meme
HunterStorm steelceus fanboy
Gunner Rohan exca wasnt cool enough so you had to use pinsir?
Ransei region in pokemon colosseum?
thelinearcurve ∫(3x^2 + 24x - 144) ∂x
Peef Rimgar pro wrestler
GonxKillua ur top three zzz
SpartanMalice a topographical map of utah
Whis http://pastebin.com/fWZiqigt
MAMP :J
flowre Transcendent God Champion huge influences on ag, nice going n_n
tysequaine /me tips fedora
Vicky the Shitlord muck fods
imas234 ichthyophobic
Snaquaza ik mis je
Articuno I you love deg, dont lie, im watching you
Drayden8437 i stole ur deoxys and modified it to cteam you. :/ sue me
amg [18:17:13] %amg: dude personally shoutout me and say "i wanna have ur babies dude"

Everyone from here you're in random order.

The Other Metas Room - extremely nice community, thanks for all the great times and memories.
unfixable manu 11 E4 Flint The Immortal Eevee General Piccolo Daimao Uselesscrab Chopin Alkaninoff Hack_Guy Kl4ng Lcass4919 Pikachuun AllJokesAside The Reptile ih8ih8sn0w Illusio jeran Kingslayer2779 LaxLapras nv OM room Rumplestiltskin Deathly ♛The King dusk raimon Sanjay. Trollinator Heisenerg DonnotheFirst xJownage Quantum Tesseract Ango Brawl MK Dr. Phd. BJ Ranger Mike ScorrchingTheaph

The Anything Goes family - I won't remember everyone, sorry. The journey couldn't have happened without you all. ily all equally <3
TheHungrySage hexandwhy Black Schatten ADF Test Wrath of Alakazam megaqwer:D Cryptis Lmao Its BT TheTiksiBranch Shwetabh Synoptic ThimoTheUltimateBOBO AceRigo AWILDBIBAREL lucaq Uber Naruto94 Outran Man tom771

Other friendly people from various other rooms, Skype group, Discord, e.t.c.
Mars Lowell Feliburn GXS Scyther NO Swiping Peli samjo Red OP-Chan BlackSchwan Goalie Hector Hard Mode parivard PocketTrigger

Anyone who I left out, it's out of respect not because I forgot. Okay..
Importable
Xerneas @ Power Herb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Ingrain
- Aromatherapy
- Geomancy

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 216 Atk / 172 SpA / 120 Spe
Rash Nature
- Moonblast
- Close Combat
- Sleep Talk
-

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Defog
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Ho-Oh @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Atk / 52 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Substitute
- Recover

Enfin (Rayquaza) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Air Lock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Dance

Deoxys-Speed @ Light Clay
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Stealth Rock
Enfin
Thanks everyone for making Anything Goes such an entertaining format to ladder. I hope we can continue in Generation 7 with all new threats, and a completely different but still playable format. Anyways, thank you all, et à tout à l'heure.​

Last edited:
Hey Zangooser nice team you got here :D I remember the time when I saw your first RMT I started playing this meta 'AG'.I would like to point out some issues which once edited will make your team even stronger.
Starting with your Scarf Xerneas I would like you to change the set to ----->

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 140 Def / 184 SpA / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Grass Knot
- Sleep Talk
- Endeavor
This set will help you to tackle problems like arceus-Steel , groudon-Primal and squad with its endeavor. when you have less HP left.Moreover having close combat I don't think it will be sufficient to reck steelceus and ferrothorn for that you may use focus blast to hit even harder.
184+ SpA Xerneas Focus Blast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Arceus-Steel: 238-280 (62.3 - 73.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
216 Atk Xerneas Close Combat vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Arceus-Steel: 220-260 (57.5 - 68%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
or you may use your set with Rock Slide to tackle the problem of Ho-Oh.
Last which I would recommend you to run is using Zekrom over Ho-Oh since rest of your team can handle what Ho-Oh can.The set would be like----->

Zekrom @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Outrage / Dragon Claw
- Draco Meteor
- Volt Switch
This set will solve all your problems with Ho-Oh and Kyogre-Primal.
Thats all btw if you have any good core for making an AG team then do tell me.Hope I helped ^.^

LO Zekrom in place of Ho oh is stupid. Not only is it ridiculously hard to use, it does none of the jobs that Ho-oh does and adds to the already prevalent issues the team could have vs P don + Fairyceus. And yeah, scarfed Xern with grass knot and endeavor is, um... bad..

P.S Nice rmt, nice team. I think RP P don could be a threat, once Mray has been neutralised. Mray and Xern eliminate most of each other's checks, so idt you'll have any gaping holes. Skarm + Ho oh is another solid core. Try not to get swept by DD V create Mray, please.

Edit - The speed drop from V-create should still handle stuff, considering scarfed Xern is healthy.

Last edited:

The Gunner

formerly Enzo Gorlami
is a Tiering Contributor
Hey Zangooser nice team you got here :D I remember the time when I saw your first RMT I started playing this meta 'AG'.I would like to point out some issues which once edited will make your team even stronger.

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Grass Knot
- Sleep Talk
- Endeavor
This set will help you to tackle problems like arceus-Steel , groudon-Primal and squad with its endeavor. when you have less HP left.Moreover having close combat I don't think it will be sufficient to reck steelceus and ferrothorn for that you may use focus blast to hit even harder.
184+ SpA Xerneas Focus Blast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Arceus-Steel: 238-280 (62.3 - 73.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
216 Atk Xerneas Close Combat vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Arceus-Steel: 220-260 (57.5 - 68%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Last which I would recommend you to run is using Zekrom over Ho-Oh since rest of your team can handle what Ho-Oh can.The set would be like----->

Zekrom @ Life Orb
Naughty Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Outrage / Dragon Claw
- Draco Meteor
- Volt Switch
Thats all btw if you have any good core for making an AG team then do tell me.Hope I helped ^.^

lmao what the fuck is that xerneas set. the whole reason zang is running scarf xern is to beat darkrai 100% & take on some other shit as well. u need to understand that xerneas is not a lure to steelceus & pdon. with close combat, xern can at least HIT steelceus; whereas with ur ambiguous moveset, the chances of him getting off any damage on steelceus is highly unlikely. in fact, endeavor is literally garbage coverage in general because it relies on u taking damage first. ur mentality of running poor lures to soft-check some mons just makes u more weak to the mons that scarf xern primarily checks. also, if ur trying to hit don + steelceus, why not just use hp ground?? why grass knot??

just a simple analogy, i'd compare that xerneas set to something like stone edge fairyceus (to beat ho-oh), except worse because that set at least 100% checks ho-oh, as opposed to ur set which leaves xerneas stranded in the middle of nowhere.

Last edited:
You should really give the shoutout first without spoiler tags and then edit in the hide tags later. I wouldn't have even known about the s/o or the rmt if i didn't randomly join your profile to get a closer look at the TSwift avatar (I have a problem).

Anyway, nice team and thanks for s/o! Also I LOVE FISH OK?? I may not eat a lot of fish, may not have ever touched a fish (nor do i particularly want to) but I liked finding nemo!!! I also used starmie in an AAA team and raised a magikarp in hgss. If that's not love for fish idk what is.

(I'd love to have left a rate but idk ag at all, will just assume it's perfect)

I remember I first played with you here as when I join PS just recently from PO; apparently you were the first top player I faced and that was really impressive. The Ho-oh skarmory core is really good and it is telling me that my old Po set no longer works here. But a Dragon dance V create set for Ray would possibly break it if Ho-oh is not in full health although the decreased speed would be a problem against scarfed xerneas. And most sets with V create is likely to be either banded or without dragon dance (at least for these several days i play here) So yeah good team! And i remember watching you do the skarmory being burned by sacred fire and pp stall thing which is also impressive lol
Glalie is the nightmare for too many teams and a win really depends on the luck that they don't get evasion. I don't even want to think about it since i have already got too many to counter...waiting for hunter's stall team RMT now

Hey Zangooser!

I remember fighting with the Areodactyl version of the team, and i first remember seeing it and was like oml. The team looks extremely solid on paper and in practice. You've mentioned all the threats to the team and i couldnt find anymore on my own. Nice job on the RMT!

Just one thing, whos skin are you using? i think that might be one i have made :o

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Grass Knot
- Sleep Talk
- Endeavor

Zekrom @ Life Orb
Naughty Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Outrage / Dragon Claw
- Draco Meteor
- Volt Switch
Thanks for the time taken to leave a rate, however you know why I can't do that as others have explained.

P.S Nice rmt, nice team. I think RP P don could be a threat, once Mray has been neutralised. Mray and Xern eliminate most of each other's checks, so idt you'll have any gaping holes. Skarm + Ho oh is another solid core. Try not to get swept by DD V create Mray, please.
Edit - The speed drop from V-create should still handle stuff, considering scarfed Xern is healthy.
I remember I first played with you here as when I join PS just recently from PO; apparently you were the first top player I faced and that was really impressive. The Ho-oh skarmory core is really good and it is telling me that my old Po set no longer works here. But a Dragon dance V create set for Ray would possibly break it if Ho-oh is not in full health although the decreased speed would be a problem against scarfed xerneas. And most sets with V create is likely to be either banded or without dragon dance (at least for these several days i play here) So yeah good team! And i remember watching you do the skarmory being burned by sacred fire and pp stall thing which is also impressive lol
Glalie is the nightmare for too many teams and a win really depends on the luck that they don't get evasion. I don't even want to think about it since i have already got too many to counter...waiting for hunter's stall team RMT now
Yes, I have had troubles with V-Create Rayquaza once, when rocks were up and I couldn't freely switch into Ho-Oh on V-create. Both Xerneas can deal with it assuming no Attack boost or speed has been depleted, however I see your concern.

You should really give the shoutout first without spoiler tags and then edit in the hide tags later. I wouldn't have even known about the s/o or the rmt if i didn't randomly join your profile to get a closer look at the TSwift avatar (I have a problem).

Anyway, nice team and thanks for s/o! Also I LOVE FISH OK?? I may not eat a lot of fish, may not have ever touched a fish (nor do i particularly want to) but I liked finding nemo!!! I also used starmie in an AAA team and raised a magikarp in hgss. If that's not love for fish idk what is.

(I'd love to have left a rate but idk ag at all, will just assume it's perfect)
I believe the problem is that users who aren't badged have a tag limit, I know the first few within the hide tags did get an alert. Anyway, thanks for detailing your love for fish. Finding Nemo should've won more than one Oscar, it was just that good.

Hey Zangooser!

I remember fighting with the Areodactyl version of the team, and i first remember seeing it and was like oml. The team looks extremely solid on paper and in practice. You've mentioned all the threats to the team and i couldnt find anymore on my own. Nice job on the RMT!

Just one thing, whos skin are you using? i think that might be one i have made :o
I'm using this somewhat rare skin called Default. I just have Dark Mode enabled lol.

Glalie is bae. Also, congrats on your new team. I think everyone's recent efforts finally proved the real viability of Deoxys-S. (Everyone said it was bad, now they shall pay)

Thanks for the shoutout, it makes me feel so special :P I like how you left out the replay of our second battle where I won ;) very nice team though, great concept, Arceus is annoying af, so I absolutely love not seeing it here. Btw, 16 speed Ho-Oh loves your team ;P the biggest threats I see to your team are Sub Darkrai with Haze (yes, its viable), and/or maybe Sludge Bomb. Yes, I run weird sets, leave me alone. Haze prevents your Ray and Xerns setups, and Sludge Bomb hits hard. However, since he is very frail and not switching easily against anything here, you're pretty safe. Fairy Arceus also seems pretty threatening as it can Defog your Screens and Rocks, and 2HKO Xern thanks to Fairy Aura, as well as OHKO Mega Ray. Also Overheat your wimpy ass Skarmory and Stone Edge your Ho-Oh for GG. I feel this metagame calls for a lot more creativity than normal, and these completely unprepared for sets can actually destroy many teams. Granted, no one is quite as weird as me, but I feel making top 10 multiple times proves that AG calls for the creative far more than the standard. Your team proves this as well. Congrats on the peak, and hope to play with you again in the future!

P.S. Fissure Machamp will run AG forever.

Chloe

NUPL Champion
Thanks for the shoutout, it makes me feel so special :P I like how you left out the replay of our second battle where I won ;) very nice team though, great concept, Arceus is annoying af, so I absolutely love not seeing it here. Btw, 16 speed Ho-Oh loves your team ;P the biggest threats I see to your team are Sub Darkrai with Haze (yes, its viable), and/or maybe Sludge Bomb. Yes, I run weird sets, leave me alone. Haze prevents your Ray and Xerns setups, and Sludge Bomb hits hard. However, since he is very frail and not switching easily against anything here, you're pretty safe. Fairy Arceus also seems pretty threatening as it can Defog your Screens and Rocks, and 2HKO Xern thanks to Fairy Aura, as well as OHKO Mega Ray. Also Overheat your wimpy ass Skarmory and Stone Edge your Ho-Oh for GG. I feel this metagame calls for a lot more creativity than normal, and these completely unprepared for sets can actually destroy many teams. Granted, no one is quite as weird as me, but I feel making top 10 multiple times proves that AG calls for the creative far more than the standard. Your team proves this as well. Congrats on the peak, and hope to play with you again in the future!

P.S. Fissure Machamp will run AG forever.
I don't know what you're talking about, I won every time ;D
I can definitely play around Rai with Scarf Xerneas, being able to stomach a Sludge Bomb or two.
Ho-Oh just disables Fairy Arceus unless it's baiting with Stone Edge, which then fails to do anything else. If it does run this, I can use Taunt shenanigans with Deoxys-S and also setup GeoXern if I deem appropriate. Also without investment, Judgment isn't a guaranteed OHKO on MRay. Skarmory can also live a +2 Judgment from Fairyceus.
As I've stated I can play around Mega Rayquaza, however I do still agree if played right, with the correct set, it can definitely be a threat.
Thanks for the rate :}

Ey Gooser o/ nice RMT and ty for S/O :3
Still the AG God alongside Rohan (fuck yeah, skype calls OP, I miss them u_u) GxK (Where's that little fucker, I want him to troll tours zzz) and Joshz (zzz RIP IRL sucks)

These are the type of teams I have 0 chance of competing unless you're Josh and being ghosted by Rohan still got you almost a loss cuz of hax and Specs Palkia (favorite match btw :^) ) and wow we barely talk anymore u_u

P.S. : Hi o/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)