Other Metagames A Brief Synopsis (An AG RMT: Peaked at #1, 2014 ELO)

A Brief Introduction: Hey there everyone, I'm Synoptic. Many of you may know of me or have played against me in the Anything Goes tier of Pokémon Showdown. I've been a Pokémon fan ever since I was born and I've played Showdown for quite some time now and have met many great people. The RMT you are currently reviewing is the culmination of all my experiences and knowledge of Pokémon, memories, and skill in the Anything Goes metagame. This is my very first, and possibly last RMT due to real life issues, so please enjoy and I hope you all have a wonderful read!

Got some badass music for you guys here, enjoy!

Just A Brief Overview: This is a standard HO team, and may not deviate from the norm. This team may have also been created before, albeit with different movesets and EV Spreads and has not been RMT'ed.
Take a gander, you might just be surprised...

The TeamBuilding Process

Now the team building process was quite simple really, it didn't take much thought to create this team. Its being was brought into existence within a span of mere minutes with a few simple thoughts in mind: Be a Hyper-Offensive team, check Ekillers and Mega Rayquaza, and finally to abuse my power through skill and prediction and hax and luck. Anyways, onto the team!

Now everyone knows a good team should always have a setup, right? Exactly! Throughout my experiences, I have tried many setups such as Focus Sash Smeargle, Defensive Galvantula, Primal-Groudon, Rocky Helmet Bulkceus, and even attempted setting up hazards with an Ekiller Arceus. Though Rocky Helmet Bulkceus was a pretty damn good choice (courtesy of HunterStorm for helping me use a very reliable setup), Arceus-Ghost stuck out to me. I'll explain In-Depth a bit later on why I came about using these specific Pokémon on my team.

Another Ghostceus was added, but this one was only to stop Ekillers cold, and to dish out hellish amounts of damage as an Ekiller (Ghost Form). I feel as though Ghostceus is an underrated mon, it's usually used to setup and is rarely seen (Imo) as an attacker.

You know, your basic Ekiller. Was put on the team because you need Arcspam to win, and these guys sweep easy after they get a setup. I mean, what's a Hyper-Offensive team without The Real OG mother fuckin Arceus to show them other bitches what's up a Normal Arceus? After all, you can never have too many Arceus, right?

What can I say about Mega Rayquaza? This dude single handedly can sweep teams, from start to finish without a problem. I added Mega Rayquaza for its wall breaking capabilities and the fact that it received its own Metagame for being so ridiculously OP. When it comes to Mega Ray, tiers are nonexistent. They're more like tears.

For obvious reasons, I chose Darkrai to be on this team. I'll explain anyways. Now Darkrai was picked because of the Sleep Clause mod, so I could just cripple entire teams with Dark Void spam which is a given because
absolutely no one expects Void spam. Darkrai is actually extremely efficient with the right EVs and movesets, granted that it does need some decent support. The whole plan with Darkrai for me is to hide like the little bitch I am behind a Substitute and sweep. This adds to my Specially Offensive presence, on top of Status spreading.

Xerneas, or as I like to call it "Rainbow Bambi," is another welcome addition to the team. Not only is it one of the most intimidating Pokémon to face after a setup, it generally wipes out everything with its possible movesets. This also increase my Specially Offensive presence, and provides a check to just about everything except for
occasional Water Types, Primal-Groudon, Steel and Poison Types.

This is the team assembled (The Avengers tbh).

This, Is My AG.

An In-Depth Analysis
(Haha, anal^)

Fuck AG (Arceus-Ghost) @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 10 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Roar

I specifically chose this set for setting up, taking hits, and getting rid of or crippling threats. Now the Ghostceus was chosen to setup because the EV spread allows it to take hits, and it's totally immune to Extreme Speed and Fighting moves, which destroy Rocky Helm Bulkceus pretty fast. The moveset is pretty standard
because I'm a basic bitch, Stealth Rock to get rid of Multiscale and break Sashes, also has chip damage. Will-O-Wisp to use up items such as Lum Berries, and then cripple other heavy hitters such as Groudon, other Ekillers, Mega Rayquaza. It can also provide overtime status damage to Specially Offensive Pokémon such as Xerneas, and make Leftovers useless.

EVs: 252 Atk / 6 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Force
- Brick Break
- Extreme Speed

Embracing the Ekiller set in a Ghost Form, this moveset was accustomed to fit the damage output by Ghostceus. Max Speed to win speed ties, and Max Attack to dish out as much damage as possible before fainting. Ghostceus is extremely useful in the fact that it is immune to Fighting and Extreme Speed, which decimates Normceus Ekillers. Shadow Force at +2 legitimately wipes out entire teams, which is why I favored it over Shadow Claw. This is a set from Smogon's Dex.

Fuck AG (Arceus) @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Magic Coat

Standard LumCoat Ekiller, this doesn't need much explaining, everyone is familiar with this. To play it a little more smartly, I'd reveal Magic Coat first against Klefkis and Darkrais, and proceed to Swords Dance until my Lum Berry is used. Some people don't count on the Magic Coat being revealed first, so it's a handy trick. The same EVs from my Ghost Ekiller are on my LumCoat, for the exact same reason. I mean, who could've guessed?

Fuck AG (Rayquaza-Mega) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Delta Stream
EVs: 138 HP / 252 Atk / 120 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Ascent
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

All hail the great LumRay! The standard moves for Mega Ray, I just switched V-Create out for Earthquake because I didn't want the Stat reductions after using V-Create, though it does take care of Ferrothorn, Skarmory and Klefki. Most of you may think it's a nasty set, due to the EV Spread, but I intended Mega Ray to always be bulky enough to take a hit or two. After rocks, it can't really tank anything (unless it's an unboosted hit, but only once!), so I use it as a switch in for Darkrai or Klefki. After it sets up once, Dragon Ascent faints most mons and Extreme Speed will do over half damage to an Ekiller (after rocks).

Fuck AG (Darkrai) @ Leftovers
Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 196 Def / 62 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Substitute
- Dark Void
- Dark Pulse

One of my most coveted mons :') Let me tell you guys, this n*gga right here has saved me so many times and come in clutch af. Most memorably when playing
InfernapeTropius11 (wish I still had that replay). Once again another standard set, I dubbed it NastySub. I chose Darkrai because of Dark Void being able to abuse the sleep clause to no end and 3 turn sleep rounds to make others rage. The main points of Darkrai for me was to spread Status and Status damage enough to the point where Ekillers could just clean up, and to outplay Klefki. I ended up being hella wrong and learned that once behind a Substitute, Darkrai can overcome its polar opposite typing- Fairies. The EV Spread was inspired by another friend of mine, Quantum Tesseract. Like he intended it to work, Darkrai can take 2 Extreme Speeds without a problem. It can also tank a +2 Extreme Speed. This is enough to let Darkrai put in some work before fainting, or enough to get rid of a Lum Berry, put a foe to sleep and possibly set up for a mini-sweep. Leftovers to recover HP from damage taken and Substitute usage.

Fuck AG (Xerneas) @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 66 HP / 96 Def / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Thunder

Now the final member Xerneas, is a bit unorthodox. Yes the EV spread is strange, but I can guarantee you it works. 96 speed just to add a little boost to outspeed other Xerns, and other tier mons, such as Ubers and OU mons. 96 Defense EVs to tank an Extreme Speed with more than half health remaining. This is the standard set for Xerneas, Moonblast for STAB and destruction for everything that doesn't resist Fairy typing, Focus Blast for Ekillers, Ferrothorn and Skarmory (may not kill Skarm, but does quite a lot of damage), Thunder for all Flying and Water types, and to decimate Ogres everywhere across the land of the AG Metagame.

Xerneas is considered a threat because of the Geomancy ability. Obviously after it sets up, it can be roared out by the Setup Arceus, which can tank only one hit and then proceed to be revenge killed by the next mon that is drawn out. Though Roar is a perfect move to use after an opposing Xerneas sets up, you can also use the 3 Speeders this team has. That'll probably get half your team killed in the process, but hey, whatever floats your boat. If the opposing Xerneas is Ingrained, then your only option is to spam Espeed like your life depends on it which it does because you know, you don't want to lose the match because Pokémon Showdown is your life. Scarf Xerneas also blows through this team quite efficiently killing a 1/3 of it easily and damaging the other members between 50-60%, so if you're up against a Scarfed Xerneas, Espeed spam is your best bet, or a Roar out.

Primal Kyogre is a threat to this team. One Origin Pulse is enough to wipe out entire mons, so your only options are to have Xerneas already setup, Arceus forms at +2, or a Mega Ray at +1. If you can, try and get the Arceus forms at +2 or higher for POgre and the future mons the opponent brings out.

Yveltal is another big threat, because a defensive Yveltal can tank just about everything from this team, not to mention take both Ghost Arceus forms out with Foul Play or Dark Pulse. Foul Play also kills any of the team members that decide to set up, so be wary. This is a very dangerous mon to face against, so if you haven't taken it out, make sure Xerneas stays alive. Or have Stealth Rock up for chip damage so you can force Yveltal to switch in and out against Xerneas.
Ho-Oh is not a huge threat due to the Lum Berries on both Normceus and MRay. But once those are used, make sure you hit Ho-Oh as hard as you can. As always, have Stealth Rock up for the 50% weakness damage overtime Ho-oh comes into play. You can also chance Xerneas's Thunder to hit, causing a OHKO, or 70-80% damage with a chance of Paralyzation.
Fairy Arceus is a massive threat, mainly because it can take out 1/3 of the team with one attack, but also because it does 40-60% to the other mons, leaving the team crippled. If Fairyceus is Physically Defensive, all 3 Arceus forms will have trouble against it. The best route to take Fairyceus out is with Geomancy Xerneas, or having Darkrai (which is always faster, unless a speed boost has been passed) hit a Dark Void, then setting up a Substitute or switching out to another mon.
Darkrai is a Secondary Threat. Obviously this is due to the fact is can abuse the sleep cause mod, and also take out 1/3 of the team. Darkrai is countered by Geo Xerneas and by the LumCoat Ekiller on the team. It's important to keep LumCoat alive for Darkrais and setup mons.
Klefki is also a Secondary Threat. Due to the Metagame being called "Anything Goes," people can have Klefki spam teams, and abuse the fucking shit out of every move and it's fucking ability Prankster ability. Klefki can be countered by the LumCoat Ekiller, and also soft checked by LumRay, though it's a one time use. Klefki is a perfect example of why you should keep LumCoat alive, and the Lum Berry on Mega Ray it.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-367607953 (Against Don'tStealMyPenguin, a good friend and a skilled AG player)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-367763844 (Against GOPROBRO, a good AG player, almost beat me)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-367767684 (Against doncollu, a scrub who thinks he can AG, lol)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-367779873 (Against Cryptis Stalls AG, a good friend and player)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-367788626 (Against Cryptis again)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-368016652 (Against PurpleGatorade, a decent AG player)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-368018711 (Against Megaqwer, a good friend and AG player)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-368027010 (Against DonnoTheFirst, a good friend and decent AG player)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-368047152 (Against P1101560, a good friend and great AG player)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-368153793 (Against Ransei, a good AG player)

This is just a quick thanks to all those who made my time on Pokémon Showdown a great time and have given me many good memories! (No specific order)
HunterStorm- Words can't describe how much of a friend you are Shiv. Thank you for teaching me the ropes of AG, supplying me with teams on teams on teams, and kicking my ass just about every time we matched each other. If it wasn't for you, I probably would be around the 1700 ratings still. You're a God at AG #SenpaiShiv4Lyfe

Transcendent God Champion- For being a badass in Pokémon in general, giving me my very first AG and Pokémon Showdown teams through one of your RMTs I found, being an AG God and also putting up with my billions of questions and asking to have a match or if I could spec you. Also a huge shoutout to you for fixing my shitty duplication problems in the RMT <3

Megaqwer- Great friend of mine, thanks for all the laughs you give me bro, and all the wins <3 You're always going to be my little MegaQueer , LOL ^_^

DonnoTheFirst- Another great Indian friend of mine! Huge shoutout to you for also losing to me a lot, getting haxed and losing matches, being bitched at by Hunter a lot and great conversations :) You need to get back to AG again m8 #DonnoTheBæ

Console-ations- One of the nicest people I've ever met on Showdown, and a kickass player. You're welcome for all the teams and matches Jess ;)

Zangooser- Great person and friend to talk to about anything, pretty open minded. Thanks to you for also putting up with my bitching about team making and billions of questions, lmfao. You're a good AG player... just good ;D

Blaze8437- Another good Indian friend, thanks for letting me watch you play with your teams and then lose to me the very first time we matched each other :)))

P1101560- You're just a huge Skrub tbh. Jk, good friend and player, but thanks for sucking and losing a lot to me <3 Huge shoutout to you for helping me start my RMT!

GunnerRohan- Good friend, and apparently the Lord of all things AG? Still have yet to see you in action tbh, but thanks for never getting bugged by my PMs that concern everything. Another huge shoutout to you for helping me with my RMT problems

Thimo- Another good friend, thanks for making teams and talking to me because I'm a loser <3

Kaushik- Always will be called Kaushit :p Jk, good player and friend, thanks for keeping me interested in AG and helping me get through the hard times when I wanted to quit

Cryptis- Thanks for putting me into AG group chats and helping me meet all the great AG players :)

The AG Fam I have forgotten or just was too lazy to put down, thank you so much as well. You guys are a great community of people <3

The rest of the AG population- Thanks for being so bad at the Meta, and letting me ladder so easily. You're all so very salty and bad, but thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Roar

Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Force
- Brick Break
- Extreme Speed

Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Magic Coat

Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Ascent
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Substitute
- Dark Void
- Dark Pulse

Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Thunder

A Brief Conclusion: And so, I end my first and possibly last Anything Goes RMT. I know it was a bit of a long read, so give yourselves a pat on the back for completing it. You guys deserve a cookie for sticking around this long! Now with all of this being said, I bid you all a farewell and once again, thank you to each and every one of you who made my day, every day when I was on Showdown :)

Last edited:

Mq

It's Megaqwer's Time!
Hey synoptic :) Thanks for the shoutout
Congratulations on the peak and great team!
It's always nice to see a new anything goes RMT every week :)
It's rater's turn to rate it

Last edited:

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi Syno, josh here. Solid team :o

The Xern weakness is p easy to patch. Simply changing your Ekiller to a Poisonceus set deals with Xern, and with Recover it also beats Fairyceus. Recover also gives it a better Klefki matchup, but still not a very good one and you're still weaker to it than with Lum Ekiller. Its matchup with defensive Yveltal is also great, because Yveltal can't wear it down with Toxic, Foul Play does not 2HKO, and you can get a poison with Poison Jab crippling it. This also gives you a much better Lugia answer, who does work on your team if Darkrai drops (and Darkrai can't risk switching in on a Toxic). Oh, and you lack Defog so this can absorb Toxic Spikes which otherwise cripple both Ghostceus, Xerneas, and Darkrai :^) Although with this change, please remember you will be weaker to Darkrai and Klefki, so if you find that to be not worth it that's fair.

Arceus-Poison @ Toxic Plate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Recover
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake
- ExtremeSpeed

Imo, Ghostceus don't really go well together as they stack weaknesses, so you could try Fairyceus > Ghostceus as your rocker, it doesn't invite Darkrai in and it gives you a reliable Yveltal switchin, but you expressed you don't want to so its whatever. No glaring weaknesses in this team, its all decent. GL peaking #1!

Hey synoptic, great team, great title, and thanks for the shoutout. Its also nice to see you only saved the one replay that you won smh

A brief Introduction: Hey there everyone, I'm Synoptic. Many of you may know of me or have played against me in the Anything Goes tier of Pokémon Showdown. I've been a Pokémon fan ever since I was born and I've played Showdown for quite some time now and have met many great people. Now I know this RMT didn't peak AG at #1, but it would have if I put in the time and really felt like peaking, so don't fall under the impression it cannot peak. This is my very first, and possibly last RMT due to real life issues, so please enjoy and I hope you all have a wonderful read!

Got some badass music for you guys here, enjoy!

Just a brief overview: This is a standard HO team, and may not deviate from the norm. This team may have also been created before, albeit with different movesets and EV Spreads and has not been RMT'ed.
Take a gander, you might just be surprised...

The TeamBuilding Process

Now the team building process was quite simple really, it didn't take much thought to create this team. Its being was brought into existence within a span of mere minutes with a few simple thoughts in mind: Be a Hyper-Offensive team, check Ekillers and Mega Rayquaza, and finally to abuse my power through skill and prediction and hax and luck. Anyways, onto the team!

Now everyone knows a good team should always have a setup, right? Exactly! Throughout my experiences, I have tried many setups such as Focus Sash Smeargle, Defensive Galvantula, Primal-Groudon, Rocky Helmet Bulkceus, and even attempted setting up hazards with an Ekiller Arceus. Though Rocky Helmet Bulkceus was a pretty damn good choice (courtesy of HunterStorm for helping me use a very reliable setup), Arceus-Ghost stuck out to me. I'll explain In-Depth a bit later on why I came about using these specific Pokémon on my team.

Another Ghostceus was added, but this one was only to stop Ekillers cold, and to dish out hellish amounts of damage as an Ekiller (Ghost Form). I feel as though Ghostceus is an underrated mon, it's usually used to setup and is rarely seen (Imo) as an attacker.

You know, your basic Ekiller. Was put on the team because you need Arcspam to win, and these guys sweep easy after they get a setup. I mean, what's a Hyper-Offensive team without The Real OG mother fuckin Arceus to show them other bitches what's up a Normal Arceus? After all, you can never have too many Arceus, right?

What can I say about Mega Rayquaza? This dude single handedly can sweep teams, from start to finish without a problem. I added Mega Rayquaza for its wall breaking capabilities and the fact that it received its own Metagame for being so ridiculously OP. When it comes to Mega Ray, tiers are nonexistent. They're more like tears.

For obvious reasons, I chose Darkrai to be on this team. I'll explain anyways. Now Darkrai was picked because of the Sleep Clause mod, so I could just cripple entire teams with Dark Void spam which is a given because
absolutely no one expects Void spam. Darkrai is actually extremely efficient with the right EVs and movesets, granted that it does need some decent support. The whole plan with Darkrai for me is to hide like the little bitch I am behind a Substitute and sweep. This adds to my Specially Offensive presence, on top of Status spreading.

Xerneas, or as I like to call it "Rainbow Bambi," is another welcome addition to the team. Not only is it one of the most intimidating Pokémon to face after a setup, it generally wipes out everything with its possible movesets. This also increase my Specially Offensive presence, and provides a check to just about everything except for
occasional Water Types, Primal-Groudon, Steel and Poison Types.

This is the team assembled (The Avengers tbh).

This, Is My AG.

An In-Depth Analysis
(Haha, anal^)

Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Roar

I specifically chose this set for setting up, taking hits, and getting rid of or crippling threats. Now the Ghostceus was chosen to setup because the EV spread allows it to take hits, and it's totally immune to Extreme Speed and Fighting moves, which destroy Rocky Helm Bulkceus pretty fast. The moveset is pretty standard
because I'm a basic bitch, Stealth Rock to get rid of Multiscale and break Sashes, also has chip damage. Will-O-Wisp to use up items such as Lum Berries, and then cripple other heavy hitters such as Groudon, other Ekillers, Mega Rayquaza. It can also provide overtime status damage to Specially Offensive Pokémon such as Xerneas, and make Leftovers useless.

Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Force
- Brick Break
- Extreme Speed

Embracing the Ekiller set in a Ghost Form, this moveset was accustomed to fit the damage output by Ghostceus. Max Speed to win speed ties, and Max Attack to dish out as much damage as possible before fainting. Ghostceus is extremely useful in the fact that it is immune to Fighting and Extreme Speed, which decimates Normceus Ekillers. Shadow Force at +2 legitimately wipes out entire teams, which is why I favored it over Shadow Claw. This is a set from Smogon's Dex.

Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Magic Coat

Standard LumCoat Ekiller, this doesn't need much explaining, everyone is familiar with this. To play it a little more smartly, I'd reveal Magic Coat first against Klefkis and Darkrais, and proceed to Swords Dance until my Lum Berry is used. Some people don't count on the Magic Coat being revealed first, so it's a handy trick. The same EVs from my Ghost Ekiller are on my LumCoat, for the exact same reason. I mean, who could've guessed?

Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Ascent
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

All hail the great LumRay! The standard moves for Mega Ray, I just switched V-Create out for Earthquake because I didn't want the Stat reductions after using V-Create, though it does take care of Ferrothorn, Skarmory and Klefki. Most of you may think it's a nasty set, due to the EV Spread, but I intended Mega Ray to always be bulky enough to take a hit or two. After rocks, it can't really tank anything (unless it's an unboosted hit, but only once!), so I use it as a switch in for Darkrai or Klefki. After it sets up once, Dragon Ascent faints most mons and Extreme Speed will do over half damage to an Ekiller (after rocks).

Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Substitute
- Dark Void
- Dark Pulse

One of my most coveted mons :') Let me tell you guys, this n*gga right here has saved me so many times and come in clutch af. Most memorably when playing
InfernapeTropius11 (wish I still had that replay). Once again another standard set, I dubbed it NastySub. I chose Darkrai because of Dark Void being able to abuse the sleep clause to no end and 3 turn sleep rounds to make others rage. The main points of Darkrai for me was to spread Status and Status damage enough to the point where Ekillers could just clean up, and to outplay Klefki. I ended up being hella wrong and learned that once behind a Substitute, Darkrai can overcome its polar opposite typing- Fairies. The EV Spread was inspired by another friend of mine, Quantum Tesseract. Like he intended it to work, Darkrai can take 2 Extreme Speeds without a problem. It can also tank a +2 Extreme Speed. This is enough to let Darkrai put in some work before fainting, or enough to get rid of a Lum Berry, put a foe to sleep and possibly set up for a mini-sweep. Leftovers to recover HP from damage taken and Substitute usage.

Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Thunder

Now the final member Xerneas, is a bit unorthodox. Yes the EV spread is strange, but I can guarantee you it works. 96 speed just to add a little boost to outspeed other Xerns, and other tier mons, such as Ubers and OU mons. 96 Defense EVs to tank an Extreme Speed with more than half health remaining. This is the standard set for Xerneas, Moonblast for STAB and destruction for everything that doesn't resist Fairy typing, Focus Blast for Ekillers, Ferrothorn and Skarmory (may not kill Skarm, but does quite a lot of damage), Thunder for all Flying and Water types, and to decimate Ogres everywhere across the land of the AG Metagame.

Yes, I went by "MMY is Bae." It was an alternate account on which I was unknown and laddered with my current team that is being RMT'ed.

Xerneas is considered a threat because of the Geomancy ability. Obviously after it sets up, it can be roared out by the Setup Arceus, which can tank only one hit and then proceed to be revenge killed by the next mon that is drawn out. Though Roar is a perfect move to use after an opposing Xerneas sets up, you can also use the 3 Speeders this team has. That'll probably get half your team killed in the process, but hey, whatever floats your boat. If the opposing Xerneas is Ingrained, then your only option is to spam Espeed like your life depends on it which it does because you know, you don't want to lose the match because Pokémon Showdown is your life. Scarf Xerneas also blows through this team quite efficiently killing a 1/3 of it easily and damaging the other members between 50-60%, so if you're up against a Scarfed Xerneas, Espeed spam is your best bet, or a Roar out.

Primal Kyogre is a threat to this team. One Origin Pulse is enough to wipe out entire mons, so your only options are to have Xerneas already setup, Arceus forms at +2, or a Mega Ray at +1. If you can, try and get the Arceus forms at +2 or higher for POgre and the future mons the opponent brings out.

Yveltal is another big threat, because a defensive Yveltal can tank just about everything from this team, not to mention take both Ghost Arceus forms out with Foul Play or Dark Pulse. Foul Play also kills any of the team members that decide to set up, so be wary. This is a very dangerous mon to face against, so if you haven't taken it out, make sure Xerneas stays alive. Or have Stealth Rock up for chip damage so you can force Yveltal to switch in and out against Xerneas.
Ho-Oh is not a huge threat due to the Lum Berries on both Normceus and MRay. But once those are used, make sure you hit Ho-Oh as hard as you can. As always, have Stealth Rock up for the 50% weakness damage overtime Ho-oh comes into play. You can also chance Xerneas's Thunder to hit, causing a OHKO, or 70-80% damage with a chance of Paralyzation.
Fairy Arceus is a massive threat, mainly because it can take out 1/3 of the team with one attack, but also because it does 40-60% to the other mons, leaving the team crippled. If Fairyceus is Physically Defensive, all 3 Arceus forms will have trouble against it. The best route to take Fairyceus out is with Geomancy Xerneas, or having Darkrai (which is always faster, unless a speed boost has been passed) hit a Dark Void, then setting up a Substitute or switching out to another mon.
Darkrai is a Secondary Threat. Obviously this is due to the fact is can abuse the sleep cause mod, and also take out 1/3 of the team. Darkrai is countered by Geo Xerneas and by the LumCoat Ekiller on the team. It's important to keep LumCoat alive for Darkrais and setup mons.
Klefki is also a Secondary Threat. Due to the Metagame being called "Anything Goes," people can have Klefki spam teams, and abuse the fucking shit out of every move and it's fucking ability Prankster ability. Klefki can be countered by the LumCoat Ekiller, and also soft checked by LumRay, though it's a one time use. Klefki is a perfect example of why you should keep LumCoat alive, and the Lum Berry on Mega Ray it.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-367607953 (Against Don'tStealMyPenguin, a good friend and a skilled AG player)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-367763844 (Against GOPROBRO, a good AG player, almost beat me)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-367767684 (Against doncollu, a scrub who thinks he can AG, lol)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-367779873 (Against Cryptis Stalls AG, a good friend and player)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-367788626 (Against Cryptis again)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-368016652 (Against PurpleGatorade, a decent AG player)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-368018711 (Against Megaqwer, a good friend and AG player)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-368027010 (Against DonnoTheFirst, a good friend and decent AG player)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-368047152 (Against P1101560, a good friend and great AG player)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-368153793 (Against Ransei, a good AG player)

This is just a quick thanks to all those who made my time on Pokémon Showdown a great time and have given me many good memories! (No specific order)
HunterStorm- Words can't describe how much of a friend you are Shiv. Thank you for teaching me the ropes of AG, supplying me with teams on teams on teams, and kicking my ass just about every time we matched each other. If it wasn't for you, I probably would be around the 1700 ratings still. You're a God at AG #SenpaiShiv4Lyfe

Transcendent God Champion- For being a badass in Pokémon in general, giving me my very first AG and Pokémon Showdown teams through one of your RMTs I found, being an AG God and also putting up with my billions of questions and asking to have a match or if I could spec you. Also a huge shoutout to you for fixing my shitty duplication problems in the RMT <3

Megaqwer- Great friend of mine, thanks for all the laughs you give me bro, and all the wins <3 You're always going to be my little MegaQueer , LOL ^_^

DonnoTheFirst- Another great Indian friend of mine! Huge shoutout to you for also losing to me a lot, getting haxed and losing matches, being bitched at by Hunter a lot and great conversations :) You need to get back to AG again m8 #DonnoTheBæ

Console-ations- One of the nicest people I've ever met on Showdown, and a kickass player. You're welcome for all the teams and matches Jess ;)

Zangooser- Great person and friend to talk to about anything, pretty open minded. Thanks to you for also putting up with my bitching about team making and billions of questions, lmfao. You're a good AG player... just good ;D

Blaze8437- Another good Indian friend, thanks for letting me watch you play with your teams and then lose to me the very first time we matched each other :)))

P1101560- You're just a huge Skrub tbh. Jk, good friend and player, but thanks for sucking and losing a lot to me <3 Huge shoutout to you for helping me start my RMT!

GunnerRohan- Good friend, and apparently the Lord of all things AG? Still have yet to see you in action tbh, but thanks for never getting bugged by my PMs that concern everything. Another huge shoutout to you for helping me with my RMT problems

Thimo- Another good friend, thanks for making teams and talking to me because I'm a loser <3

Kaushik- Always will be called Kaushit :p Jk, good player and friend, thanks for keeping me interested in AG and helping me get through the hard times when I wanted to quit

Cryptis- Thanks for putting me into AG group chats and helping me meet all the great AG players :)

The AG Fam I have forgotten or just was too lazy to put down, thank you so much as well. You guys are a great community of people <3

The rest of the AG population- Thanks for being so bad at the Meta, and letting me ladder so easily. You're all so very salty and bad, but thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Roar

Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Force
- Brick Break
- Extreme Speed

Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Magic Coat

Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Ascent
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Substitute
- Dark Void
- Dark Pulse

Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Thunder

A Brief Conclusion: And so, I end my first and possibly last Anything Goes RMT. I know it was a bit of a long read, so give yourselves a pat on the back for completing it. You guys deserve a cookie for sticking around this long! Now with all of this being said, I bid you all a farewell and once again, thank you to each and every one of you who made my day, every day when I was on Showdown :)
So first off, I'm definitely going to second the switch of Ghost-Fairy Arc. It gives you a better match up against MRay, another mon Darkrai cant switch in on, which is nice, a Yveltal answer, an arceus answer not taken out +2 shadow force, and a slightly better Xerneas matchup.

On the other hand, I'd like to suggest a radical change. In my opinion, your Lum Ekiller should be swapped out for Klefki. In the matches I've had vs you, its been extraordinarily underwhelmin, and Klefki fixes just so much of your team's flaws (it beats xern, rai, yveltal, and annoys Ho-Oh and Kyogre). It also removes lums for rai, and if you were planning on swapping Ekiller out for poisonceus this seems to just generally be a better option. It does hurt your matchup vs opposing keys, but thats nothing a little speed creep won't fix.
Swag Keys (Klefki) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 250 HP / 244 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Substitute
- Swagger
- Foul Play

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well I'm already late on rating this somehow, as fairyceus+poisonceus swaps solve like 99% of the issues here (braindead core slapping aside this really is the quintessential team which benefits from it). I only have two other ideas to add here, neither of which constitute major changes but oh well. First off, the EVs for Ray are left totally unexplained. If you really want bulk then the curve 200 HP to survive a +2 espeed after rocks should be sufficient, I have honestly no idea what the current spread does but it's unexplained and seems kind of random. I don't mind the bulky ray just because you're removing a ghostceus here although it's not totally necessary, but I'm not sure why 136. The other thing is that Darkrai is still a pain, it's a pain vs every team and the matchup improves but it's far from perfect. Thunder on Xern isn't a bad move but if you have NP rai to chip at hooh and push a sweep I cant help but feel like sleep talk might be a better use of the last slot. This also means that you might want to go back to V-Create ray, especially since EQ only really hits maximum effectiveness when you're actually bothering to outspeed Mega Diancie and not running a bulkier variant. Anyway these are a couple of options to consider, I'm not really a fan of klefki here since you'll really have to look into swapping more teammates as well but the team is a pretty solid offensive balance-ish type thing that's been getting so popular recently. Definitely worth the buildup.

nice team mate just a few things i noticed drop the 138 evs from hp in mega ray and add 100 evs in defence and dump the rest in speed,that way u survive a +2 espeed from ekiller after rocks are up.Also u have got no fairy resist so xern can rip thru the team and deal heavy damage after a geomancy boost so i suggest u drop a ghost arceus and add a poisonceus as Josh pointed out. Skarmory can easily switch in on your Arceus and Mega Ray and phaze them out thus nullifying the boosts hence i suggest u drop earthquake on Mega Ray and add v-create. Thats all i can suggest right now. Keep up the laddering and building cheers

nice team mate just a few things i noticed drop the 138 evs from hp in mega ray and add 100 evs in defence and dump the rest in speed,that way u survive a +2 espeed from ekiller after rocks are up.Also u have got no fairy resist so xern can rip thru the team and deal heavy damage after a geomancy boost so i suggest u drop a ghost arceus and add a poisonceus as Josh pointed out. Skarmory can easily switch in on your Arceus and Mega Ray and phaze them out thus nullifying the boosts hence i suggest u drop earthquake on Mega Ray and add v-create. Thats all i can suggest right now. Keep up the laddering and building cheers
Chose not to have v-create because of stat reductions, causing me to either dance or switch in and out again. So I might stick in with EQ lol. Fairyceus isn't too much of a problem when I have roar to phase out and if I'm already set up, then it's easier. Thanks for input man :)

Hi Syno, josh here. Solid team :o

The Xern weakness is p easy to patch. Simply changing your Ekiller to a Poisonceus set deals with Xern, and with Recover it also beats Fairyceus. Recover also gives it a better Klefki matchup, but still not a very good one and you're still weaker to it than with Lum Ekiller. Its matchup with defensive Yveltal is also great, because Yveltal can't wear it down with Toxic, Foul Play does not 2HKO, and you can get a poison with Poison Jab crippling it. This also gives you a much better Lugia answer, who does work on your team if Darkrai drops (and Darkrai can't risk switching in on a Toxic). Oh, and you lack Defog so this can absorb Toxic Spikes which otherwise cripple both Ghostceus, Xerneas, and Darkrai :^) Although with this change, please remember you will be weaker to Darkrai and Klefki, so if you find that to be not worth it that's fair.

Arceus-Poison @ Toxic Plate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Recover
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake
- ExtremeSpeed

Imo, Ghostceus don't really go well together as they stack weaknesses, so you could try Fairyceus > Ghostceus as your rocker, it doesn't invite Darkrai in and it gives you a reliable Yveltal switchin, but you expressed you don't want to so its whatever. No glaring weaknesses in this team, its all decent. GL peaking #1!
Just an update, I peaked #1 lololololol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)