Other Metagames [AAA] RIP Numbers (Peaked #1)

RIP Numbers

Intro

Hello again, this time I'm showcasing a team I built a month or two back and passed to motherlove to test it out on the ladder last month. The team's inception was when motherlove mentioned to me that most of my teams lose to Gyarados Mega and that band Chesnaught OHKOs Crocune. So, I, being an avid Suicune hater, started buiding a team with Chesnaught right away. This is actually the first full balance team I ever built. I'm missing a set up sweeper/wincon but it's not too bad outside of that. The team itself is slow and leaning towards the bulky side.

The main aim while playing with this is to get hazards up asap and pressurize the opponent early game with the nukes - Chesnaught and Kyurem. The defensive backbone provided by Swampert and Jirachi means I can preserve the more offensive members of the team. Jirachi, acting as a slow pivot, helps bring in an appropriate mon to beat the opponent's mon currently on field vs offensive teams and in conunction with Tyranitar and Braviary, beats most things in offense. Braviary or Tyranitar can clean late game once the opponent's team has been sufficiently weakened and their counters have been eliminated.

I recently dropped the numbers from my name, so while thinking of RMT titles, I figured why not use it as a sendoff instead of going the usual song route. Also, I'd like to acknowledge that the peak was a while back and since mothernerd's gone inactive, Klang has reclaimed the no. 1 spot. However, while I didn't take a screenshot of the peak, you can still see the alt mothertrash at #2. Also, apologies in advance if the writing's a bit too small. I just felt like it looked better like this.

Teambuilding

I start building with Chesnaught as mentioned before. I've been missing a strong fighting type in all my previous builds even though they're really good in the current meta. So, that, along with the fact that Wood Hammer OHKOs Suicune from full made me excited to start building with this.

Since Chesnaught was weak to all forms for Gale Wings as well as fire types like Victini and Refrigerate Entei, I added the PH Swampert + Regen Jirachi core that I was testing to check both. Jirachi also gave me a switchin for Latios, which could otherwise switch into an attack from chesnaught and get a kill.

I added Kyurem to the mix now because it beats stuff like Celebi, Intimidate Gliscor, Intimidate Skarm and Zapdos; all of which wall Chesnaught. It also works as a second nuke thanks to its ability to drop Specs Adaptability Dracos.

Added Scarf Tyranitar to check things like mixed Desolate Land Victini and Thundurus as I had no solid answer to either. It also paired well with Jirachi as it could trap and kill Latios that Jirachi was pivoting into or trap a choice locked Gale Wings user. It also acted as the team's answer to Honchkrow; well, that and scald burns from Swampert.

Lastly, I figured I needed some hazard removal and priority. My first choice was Skarm, but I went Braviary instead because of my friend manu's request to stop using Skarm on every team + the ability to lure Gale Wings counters and U-turning to Kyurem. The latter is extra good because Gale Wings counters often happen to counter Chesnaught as well.

In Depth

Chesnaught @ Choice Band | Adamant Nature
Ability: Adaptability | EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Moves: Wood Hammer | Earthquake | Hammer Arm | Superpower

Chesnaught is what started the team. It hits extremely hard and is quite unexpected. It nukes things with Wood Hammer and Superpower and has Hammer Arm as a backup STAB move to hit things when it doesn't want Superpower's power drops or Wood Hammer's recoil. Earthquake is the coverage move of choice because it can 2hko Doublade (iirc) on the switch.

Swampert @ Toxic Orb | Relaxed Nature
Ability: Poison Heal | EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Moves: Scald | Protect | Earthquake | Stealth Rock

Swampert is the team's Fire type check and Rocker. It beats both common fire types, Entei and Victini (but is beaten by mixed Desolate Land Tini) and acts as a soft check for Tough Claws Lucario. Swampert can also check Skarmory and Honchkros in a pinch thanks to the bulk + Scald burns. The movepool is self explanatory, Protect allows it to safely activate poison/heal up when necessary, Earthquake lets it beat Lucario and Desoland Fire types that switch in. And, Lastly, Scald is Scald. It's just too good to not use.

Jirachi @ Assault Vest | Relaxed Nature
Ability: Regenerator | EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD [IVs: 23 Spe]
Moves: Iron Head | Fire Punch | U-turn | Icy Wind / Thunderbolt

Jirachi is the team's counter for Latios and Gale Wings users. It can always pivot into either when it's reasonably healthy and give a free switchin to something that beat them thanks to the slow U-Turn. Fire Punch is here to try and burn Skarmory as a last resort and hit Scizor/Escavalier/Genesect. Iron Head is good STAB and hits things like Diancie. I initially had Thunderbolt to hit Birds but motherlove changed it to Icy Wind because the team was struggling vs Dragonite/Zygarde. The 23 speed IVs is also a motherlove edit. It's there to outslow Suicune and get Chesnaught in safely without risking a burn.

Kyurem @ Choice Specs | Modest Nature
Ability: Adaptability | EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Moves: Draco Meteor | Ice Beam | Dragon Pulse | Earth Power

Kyurem is the team's second breaker. It OHKOs things like Skarmory, Hippo, Zapdos and 2HKOs Doublade with Ice Beam. Draco is a good move to nuke things in general, very few things can switch into it. Dragon Pulse is just a reliable STAB move that I chose to keep as a way of hitting things in general when Ice Beam isn't an option / I can't afford to get the -2 SpA from Draco. I chose Earth Power to be in the last slot so that I can KO any Heatran on the switch.

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf | Jolly Nature
Ability: Adaptability | EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Moves: Rock Slide | Pursuit | Crunch | Earthquake

Scarf Ttar does a bunch of things for the team. In conjunction with Jirachi, it beats Thundurus, Latios and all birds bar Skarmory. Jirachi essentially pivots into a move from one of those Pokemon and U-Turns out to Ttar, which proceeds to either Pursuit trap or KO them. It's also a good offensive check for Gengar and Victini as it can trap and KO with Pursuit. Crunch is kind of essential for KOing Latios that predict the Pursuit and try to kill it with Draco; Rock Slide does the same, but for Thundurus. Earthquake was picked for the last slot because it OHKOs offensive DesoLand Heatran and Tough Claws Luke from full.

Braviary @ Sharp Beak | Adamant Nature
Ability: Gale Wings | EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Moves: U-turn | Brave Bird | Roost | Defog

Brave Bird and Defog are the moves this will be clicking most of the time. Brave Bird allows it to clean up teams late game once the breakers have had their go and Defog lets it clear hazards vs teams where you cannot afford to have hazards up. U-Turn is there to gain momentum on predicted switches to usual Gale Wings counters and bring in Kyurem to KO them. I opted for Roost over Superpower because I wanted more longevity on this as it is my only form of hazard removal. The set I'm using is an old set I used to use, it's not really standard but it does what it needs to - support my team by revenge killing/cleaning/clearing hazards while staying relatively healthy throughout the match. The 16 Speed EVs are there to speed creep Prankster Breloom, making sure you don't get Spored before you can hit it.

Threats

Stall: I kind of dropped the sweeper role in this teams and this team has no real wincon, which while not always a problem, is definitely a drawback vs stall. Stall teams can just keep switching to the counter to either breaker when they're in and not really give a shit. With PH and Regenerator being available, they can even disregard the residual damage from SR. So yeah, stall is not a good matchup.

Desolate Land Fire types: No switchins. Ttar is an offensive check, that's pretty much it.

Tough Claws Fighting types: No switchins. Swampert, Braviary (not a check if refrigerate Luke) and Ttar can check.

Shoutouts
The entirety of the OM roomauth, too many to tag, but ily guys :]
AAA peeps: motherlove LaxLapras Jordn Kl4ng Lcass4919
OM lover Blitzamirin :) and rip Snowy. :[ . At least Jarii is back i guess. Also Feliburn and Reisen Inaba are nerds.
Ded frens: manu 11 and ihateyourpancreas I hope your exams go well manu and idek wtf happened to ned :/

Importable

Code:
Chesnaught @ Choice Band
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Hammer Arm
- Superpower

Swampert @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Jirachi @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 23 Spe
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch
- U-turn
- Icy Wind

Kyurem @ Choice Specs
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam
- Dragon Pulse
- Earth Power

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Earthquake

Braviary @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Defog

Last edited:
What the hell dude, I didn't remember this had an RMT.

For ages now I've been saying "My favourite gen6 team is imas' band Chesnaught team" but I didn't have a paste and had no idea where to find it, IT WAS RIGHT THERE ALL THIS TIME.

Holy shit. What a team. Offensive Chesnaugh is so good in gen6 with Ttar being on every darn team.
Every mon is slow as shit, exactly how I like gen 6 teams to be.

Wasn't there a gw skarm on this at some point? I though every imas team had a gw skarm. It would defensively help the Lucario matchup.

I'm so happy I found this.
The team's inception was when motherlove mentioned to me that most of my teams lose to Gyarados Mega and that band Chesnaught OHKOs Crocune.
You lying dude, I distincly remember Chesnaugh OHKOing a mew.
EDIT: I found the replay (I forgot the alt mothertrash, bunch of replays I forgot about and teams I can copy, very nice), it wasn't against you it was againt Laxpras USING THIS TEAM, shit makes me laugh everytime. https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/almostanyability-367555369

Laxcune are banned now so this is quite outdated. But damn I'm so happy it exists. Historical records of the best gen6 AAA team FUCK ASCENDING that shit was so boring.

I rate this a 10/10, pure fire.

Last edited:
This was a fun bump man, reading it actually made me smile. I was actually reading the aaa thread and laughing yesterday when i read your post explaining why illusion was banned and it's all replays of us testing teams and me freaking out. Nice to hear from you again.

Wasn't there a gw skarm on this at some point? I though every imas team had a gw skarm. It would defensively help the Lucario matchup.
This was probably the only one without it, i think all the other RMTs have it lmao. Apparently it was a conscious effort to not use it:
My first choice was Skarm, but I went Braviary instead because of my friend manu's request to stop using Skarm on every team + the ability to lure Gale Wings counters and U-turning to Kyurem.

Shame I never see you on PS the few times I visit and i never check discord. Feel free to dm me on discord though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)