Other Metagames Paradisus Paradoxum [Anything Goes] #1 Peak

Paradīsus - Paradise, the abode of the blessed after death.
Paradoxum - Paradox, a self-contradictory statement, which can only be true if it is false.

Proof of Peak
Notice me Sarii :^)

Welcome to my second Anything Goes RMT, and my probably last RMT for ORAS. I decided to post my last RMT in the same month as my PS! Third Anniversary which is the 16th of July, my birthday which is the 14th of July, and my 0.5k posts as a thanks for that long journey on PS! As I said before, I didn't like Anything Goes before but this metagame has really grown in me, it's fun from different perspectives; especially the playing side and the building side. This team was built some months ago but still retain its success that it once had. The team was originally built around Mega Rayquaza with Zangooser's Skarm-Ho core, which is amazing, inserted in. I'd like to thank every single person that really made this journey on PS! amazing and fun.

I love that guy.

I decided to start to build around Mega Rayquaza (
) since I never really had a team with it, and sounded like a fun Pokemon to toy with, I opted for a weird set which will be explained below. Secondly, I needed a defensive Pokemon to synergize well with Mega Rayquaza so I thought of Skarmory (
) which has an amazing typing checking a lot of stuff such as E-Killer Arceus, Fairy-, Rock, and Ice-type attacks directed toward Mega Rayquaza, it also serves as my Defog user. Then, I decided to add Ho-Oh (
) which replicate the core that Zangooser's love :), no seriously, Ho-Oh appreciates Skarmory as it can remove Stealth Rock from the field and pressure physical attacks, while Ho-Oh can fish for burns with Sacred Fire allowing Skarmory to stall out the foe. After that, I, myself needed a Stealth Rock setter, and what's better than Primal Groudon (
), yea I'm not original what can I do. Primal Groudon also serves as my second check to Pokemon that uses Set up moves and especially Xerneas. Back to offensive Pokemon, I lacked a great win-condition so I added an E-Killer Arceus (
), I had the capability of taking out annoying Steel- and Ghost-type Pokemon so E-Killer Arceus could do its job easier. As a last Pokemon, I lacked speed-control and a Darkrai check, I mean every team is weak to Darkrai even a Six Xerneas one, so I added a Scarf Xerneas (
) with a twist, this Pokemon is amazing, most of the time just click Moonblast and you're 2OHKO-3OHKOing a Pokemon

逆説 (Rayquaza) @ Life Orb

Ability: Air Lock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
Draco Meteor
Dragon Ascent
Earthquake
Extreme Speed

This is the Pokemon that I wanted to build around, Mega Rayquaza. The Creator of the Anything Goes metagame is a great wall breaker that is able to deal a great amount of damage to various threats with that mixed set. Draco Meteor allows Mega Rayquaza hitting Physical Defensive Pokemon such as Primal Groudon and Skarmory without the stat loss from Dragon Ascent, it's also able to take on Dragon types which are a problem to the team especially Giratina and opposing Mega Rayquaza, the usage of a special moves keeps Mega Rayquaza from being hindered by a burn and is surprise factor that many don't expect. Dragon Ascent is a strong STAB move that goes well with Draco Meteor as both deals a great amount of damage allowing Mega Rayquaza to stop any switch-in being physically or specially defensive. Earthquake takes on Steel-type Pokemon that otherwise resists both moves that Mega Rayquaza has to offer, though V-Create can be used but I haven't tested it with it. Exreme Speed picks off weakened, faster threats with its priority bracket. Life Orb is used to boost Mega Rayquaza's power and is also the best item on a mixed set.

鋼 KAW KAW (Skarmory) @ Rocky Helmet

Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
Toxic
Defog
Roost
Whirlwind

Skarmory is the second Pokemon on the team which synergize well with Mega Rayquaza, it is able to handle most physical attackers especially Arceus which is a problem to this team if Skarmory faints. Rocky Helmet punishes physical hitters which, when combined with Toxic is a great way at stalling out physical attackers to death. Toxic also allows Skarmory hitting special attackers on a switch-in crippling them heavily. Defog cleans the field from hazards as my team has three flying types (BIRB UNIT). Whirlwind is used on Pokemon that Skarmory can't do enough damage to such as Arceus-Ghost, Xerneas, Lugia, and Pokemon behind Subtitute. It is also able to sponge Ice- and Rock-type moves directed toward Mega Rayquaza and Ho-Oh respectively making it a glue to the team.

パラダイス (Ho-Oh) @ Life Orb

Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Atk / 8 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
Sacred Fire
Earthquake
Brave Bird
Sleep Talk

The other half of the Skarm-Oh core, this Pokemon is the epitome of bulky offensive Pokemon. Its special bulk goes so well with Skarmory's physical bulk, while the latter clears the field off Stealth Rock allowing Ho-Oh to switch-in safely without having half of its HP removed. Sacred Fire is the best option when you're in a situation as it has 50% chance burning the foe, crippling them. While Brave Bird against Pokemon that resists Sacred Fire such as Primal Kyogre, and it allows Ho-Oh to hit opposing Pokemon with a high amount of damage breaking them especially after a burn including Giratina and Arceus-Water. Earthquake is a coverage move allowing it to hit Fire-types effectively. Ho-Oh is also my first Darkrai check thanks to Sleep Talk, allowing it to absorb sleep and gamble with Sleep Talk.

マグマ (Groudon) @ Red Orb

Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Relaxed Nature
Stealth Rock
Earthquake
Lava Plume
Roar

Hello Primal Groudon, we're back again with you. I'm starting to repeat myself here from previous RMTs, Primal Groudon is my Stealth Rock setter as it allows chip damage limiting the opponent's switch-ins decisions. Earthquake is good STAB move hitting the foe for a good amount of damage while Lava Plume is used as a secondary STAB allowing it to burn opposing Pokemon with a sun-boosted move. Since most of my Pokemon have the flying type they are great switch-in to most Ground-type moves. Primal Groudon also serves as my Water check especially Primal Kyogre's as it really does a lot of damage to the team. Roar is used to phaze out Pokemon that tries to set up on Primal Groudon such as Arceus and Mega Rayquaza or Pokemon that already set up but can't OHKO Primal Groudon such as Xerneas.

ロイヤルセレクション (Arceus) @ Lum Berry

Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
Swords Dance
Extreme Speed
Stone Edge
Earthquake

Standard E-Killer Arceus, this Pokemon serves as a Win-Condition being able to sweep late game against a weakened team. It also loves the support of its team mates whether being the Rock support by Primal Groudon, or the burn spreading by Ho-Oh and Primal Groudon, and even the wallbreaking capabilities of Mega Rayquaza. Sword Dance boosts Arceus Attack stats allowing it to sweep the opponent while Extreme Speed is a nice STAB priority that picks off foes at low health while working as a dangerous move when boosted. Stone Edge allows Arceus to mainly hit Ho-Oh as it gives my team a problem, but also it allows it to get past Yveltal, Lugia and Skarmory. Earthquake allows Arceus hit Arceus-Ghost and Steel-type Pokemon effectively. Lum Berry negates status effects which threatens Arceus longevity in the field, especially burn which hinders its offensive capabilities.

神の光 (Xerneas) @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 216 Atk / 172 SpA / 120 Spe
Rash Nature
Moonblast
Close Combat
Sleep Talk
Rock Slide

I'm probably sure you have never seen such weirder set before, I apologize. Xerneas is my Darkrai check thus the usage of both Moonblast and Close Combat with enough Attacking EVs to OHKO Darkrai. Moonblast is the move you'd want to click everytime, it does a great amount of damage thanks to Fairy Aura and Choice Scarf allows it to outspeed a lot of Pokemon weak to it such as Mega Rayquaza and weakened Arceus forms. It also helps against Dark-type Pokemon which are a problem to the team notably Yveltal. Close Combat is used on a Steel-type switch-in as they don't really expect Choice Scarf, while the purpose of Rock Slide is taking on Ho-Oh which already mentioned is a problem to the team.

I'd like to thank everyone that made this ride awesome, down I will include a threalist, an importable, and lastly shoutouts.
: Primal Kyogre is a serious threat to the team since my only specially defensive Pokemon is Ho-Oh which is weak to Water.
: Arceus-Ghost is the reason of half of my losses thanks to Shadow Force I can't whirlwind it away nor toxic it and at +2 is able to cause havoc, don't let it set up since nothing can tank a hit correctly. A well-played Arceus-Normal is also scary so don't let it set up.
: Xerneas isn't as scary as others since I have two priority user, Pdon and Ho-Oh but if it carries Thunder and if my team weakened.
: Mega Rayquaza with V-create can literally destroy the team if you don't play carefully.
: #SLEEPCLAUSEPLS Darkrai can also destroy me with unlucky Sleep Talk moves and if its well played

逆説 (Rayquaza) @ Life Orb
Ability: Air Lock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Ascent
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

鋼 KAW KAW (Skarmory) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Toxic
- Defog
- Roost
- Whirlwind

マグマ (Groudon) @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Lava Plume
- Roar

パラダイス (Ho-Oh) @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Atk / 8 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Earthquake
- Brave Bird
- Sleep Talk

ロイヤルセレクション (Arceus) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

EVs: 216 Atk / 172 SpA / 120 Spe
Rash Nature
- Moonblast
- Close Combat
- Sleep Talk
- Rock Slide

I'm too lazy to give individual shoutouts.

Close Friends: rnbs Cjl1 Sarii Mia Risi Bondie Blank Expression Tylacto Articuno I (THE DOW) yall are awesome people.
Special shoutout to Zangooser <3
Mono Community: BlackSchwan scpinion Bushtush Zyo Chras terrors and my whole MONOPL squad.
OM community: nv imas manu 11 Ransei Rumplestiltskin Uselesscrab The Immortal baconbagon Rhythms and my WHOLE OMPL SQUAD (Even tho most of them are mono people)
Others: Sanjay., Silverwhiteblue lebanese people are cool :^), and my whole BLT III squad ;^)
AG PEOPLE: Thimo HunterStorm Megazard

Last edited:
Hey DEG n_n

Nice RMT! Grats on the peak man!

The Team In General Looks Solid!

This is just me personally, but I personally don't like 3 attacks sleep talk scarf Xerneas, the chances are that you'll get a attack that kills darkrai about 67% of the time, while these odds are definitely in your favor, its not by much. Focus Miss has 70% and it feels like 30% .>. I personally think that Moonblast + Sleep Talk > 3 Attacks Sleeptalk . This ensures that you have a 100% chance of killing opposing Darkrai, and while I understand your reasoning and I see why you considered Rock Slide, but this is my personal preference.

EVs: 32 Def / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Modest
Nature
- Moonblast
- Sleep Talk

Now seeing that you lost a Ho-oh check, I recommend Stone Edge > Lava Plume. Lava Plume is nice and all, but I always like rock coverage on my Primal Groudon.

These are just stuff that I prefer, but congratz on the peak man and have a good day n_n

PS: I really like your RMT's appearance and thank you for taking the time to put effort and make it fabulous ^.^

Dream Eater Gengar just letting you know i meant i was going to kill opposing Darkrai not xerneas, but i assume you realized that and sorry to bother u and to make that mistake >_<

Last edited:
Reactions: DEG

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)