1. Welcome to Smeargle's Studio! Please be sure to review the studio rules.
  2. Want real-time art feedback? Want to meet YILX FIRST PLACE ARTIST? Come chat with us in the studio's IRC channel! Log onto #smeargle on SynIRC, or click this link to visit us via mibbit!
  3. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  4. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

3D Pokemon Art - Taking Requests.

Discussion in 'Smeargle's Studio' started by Frostic, May 15, 2012.

1. the dead mans oddysey

the dead mans oddysey

mate, frostic, bro.
    you do good shit =D here, try this for something.

lucario v mewtwo/zoaroark...

...why u no start? lol, take your time with it =) i dont expect it to be done in a day.
  2. jumpluff

jumpluff princess
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

These are lovely! Would you please consider making a cute Shaymin or Jumpluff? <3 It would be awesome if you could, but either way I'll be following your thread~
  3. Furosuto

Furosuto

This stuff is great man! You've got some straight up talent with this. I never really thought of cyndaquil having dry skin (I thought that was fur), but cool concept!

How about something complicated like a zigzagoon? I always liked the little guys's chompers.
  4. Frostic

Frostic

3dsmax has kinda been hating me lately so a bit behind, and i had to get back to some other projects but I'll be posting soon enough @_@

After absol, is Jirachi, then either Volcarano or rayquazza, haven't decided.

Expect updates this weekend, I should be freed up again :)
  5. MrChar

MrChar

Really good these arts 3d, though koffing is quite strange, however cyndaquil it's quite cute <3 congrats. Btw you can do even things that aren't pokèmons?
  6. shnen

shnen שוני
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

requesting a makuhita please they are the bets
  7. Frostic

Frostic

Alright so as mentioned I've been a bit backed up lately, and I actually have time to work on things again (if nothing else comes up this week) I just haven't slept yet and am just exhausted @_@ But I felt like I owed you guys an update, so its a bit early and I don't like to post before i finish the first pass but here's a really early preview of absol, if I had slept I'd have it done today but as I haven't, gonna have to hold on a little longer before I get this thing in full swing! Thanks for understanding!

[​IMG]
  8. GlassAbsol

GlassAbsol

That's amazing but if I may make one suggestion. Is the Crescent/Scythe on its head a little small? If you're happy with it though/cba to change it then It's still awesome. The Legs are really awesome
  9. Frostic

Frostic

Crescent is a bit small! Fortunately for me, it's a super easy fix. Right now I need to put some fur on it, and see how things look. after i got his build figured out, i can either just tweak it in zbrush, or use a super handy feature called GoZ, which will ship it into 3dsMax for me where i can just grab it and scale it as i please with a lot more control, depending on the need. But yeah he's gonna get a bit more bulky with fur so there will be adjustments here and there as it takes its final shape :)

@MrChar - Yeah i get that a lot about koffing lol, he was made kinda as a joke, i found em funny, not bad or good, just funny, and it ended up starting the line of requests. I didnt go back to finish em cuz I didn't see the need, he makes me laugh!

And yes, I'm a character modeler, I usually deal with humanoid characters. It's a lot more complex, takes a lot more time and are made specifically for game engines so it's a bit of a different process.

With these I just have fun, as long as it looks kinda cool, I'm fine with it! I never complete em cuz I'm just messing around and working on my basic sculpting skills. Pokemon have tons of variation so it's very nice practice, and a very nice break from my usual stuff.

I may grab one of my all time faves and do a complete version to show the difference between speed sculpts and the real deal. :) Rather big gap!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)