3rd Gen no-tier team

Hey guys, as this is one of my first teams I have put a lot of effort into, all constructive criticism is awesome in my eyes. Please, point out as much as you need to :D
And sorry for not having any nice images to go with the team, I am using my iPod Touch to post this.

EDIT: just going to mention, this is for sliiiightly competitive matches. Against friends.
Clauses don't apply.
I also have no concern at sending out spikes... I might get Sandslash to do that job if need be.
And I can't get Skarmory. I have Leaf Green and no way of trading at the moment. This team is purely for battling.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Hasty
IV: 21/17/13/28/2/31
EV's: 252 speed/252 SP.ATT/ 4 spec. Def
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Recover

My starmie opener. (lol that sounds awkward) This was the very first Pokémon I EV trained and IV bred to get. The IV's aren't perfect but that's life :P
Surf is there for the STAB boost, plus since it's EV trained in speed it outruns.. Well.. Most things!
Ice Beam is for grass type coverage, paired with Thunderbolt, both are there for general coverage.
Recover, I'm not 100% sure on at the moment - rapid spin > recover? I'll let you guys decide, I have a bigmushroom at the ready!

Sandslash @ Salac Berry
Adamant
IV's: 31/30/22/28/31/31
EV's: 252 ATT / 128 HP / 128 speed
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Toxic
-Swords Dance

To me, this 'Slash is in here due to personal preference, it's shiny with naturally high IV's (WOOP) and it's called knuckles cause I'm so mainstream.
EQ is there to take care of.. Pretty much anything that isn't Flying / levitate-ability-clad.
Rock slide sadly doesn't get STAB, Sandy being a pure Ground type, but it's still a powerful move nonetheless.
Toxic is for stalling. That's all I can say for that.
The swords dance + Salac berry to me is about risktaking - SD enough to increase attack, then hope to hell my opponents don't KO it, and due to it's abysmal spdef they cripple but don't kill it. Activate Salac, and sweep. Maybe.

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Mine is sadly Adamant, shall be breeding for IV's and natures.
Suggestions would be lovely :P
IV's:31/29/4/30/18/18/
EV's: 252 speed, 200 SP.atk, 56 ATT
-Aerial Ace
-Earthquake
-Dragon Dance
-Ice Beam

Yeah, I used the same move twice in my team [ice beam] but I had a look on smogon battledexthingy and I am not sure if i should switch ice beam for substitute to give me more time for DD.
EQ is there as a standard for any Nite.
AA was since I didn't have HP flying.

Heracross @ leftovers
Guts ability
Adamant
IV's: 26/29/31/12/8/22
EV's: sadly a random mix, used this rechallenging E4 to level up
-Megahorn
-Substitute
-Focus Punch
-Brick Break

Sub-Puncher. Sorta does what it says on the tin, really. Megahorn is for the huge attack boost, brick break seems sorta pointless as it's far overshadowed by FP, but at least if reflects are put up I can sort them out.

Snorlax @ Chesto Berry
Serious nature (still gotta catch the other one)
Unknown IV's
EV's also unknown. Want 252 HP and 252 spec. Def..
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Counter
-Yawn

My Wallstaller. Rest is sorted by chesto berry.
Sleep talk is for later rests if needed.
Counter is the ace up my sleeve - particularly handy against types that are super-effective to themselves. 100% relies on prediction, though.
Yawn is there to stall.

My sixth member is not finalised but it looks like it would be a standard Weezing setup.
Weezing @ Leftovers
Calm nature, maybe
252 def 252 HP 4 speed
-Toxic
-Explosion
-Sludge Bomb
-Flamethrower

That's about it.
Thanks for having a look, and get criticising! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)