3rd time at regionals, 1st time at Nats! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
After regionals was over and went 6-2, and went 4th place at pleasanton. I started practicing way earlier than most people... making my team counter several things and threats that I couldn't do at pleasanton. Took me like a month to finish to actually know what problems I have been having and I have been working on my prediction skills, etc.

Jun28th(the plane ride)- June 29th
After football camp ended that week. I had to leave for tonight to go to indy (around like 11:00 or so pm). God it was awful in the first flight. The seats were not wide enough for me, lol. I couldn't sleep at all. After that flight, I had to go to another flight and wait around at 7:30 am. The second flight was a bit better. So after those two flights, my dad rented a car and we went to a hotel called wingate (all though it was a bit boring because I can't even hang out with you guys :evan:). I was soooo tired, we decided to rest a bit before pre-regs started. After my dad woke me and my brother up, I knew it was time to go to the convention center. When I got there, I did see some familiar faces, like Cybertron, Makiri, Drifblim, etc. I was too shy to even talk to them. Oh well. But all of the sudden my dad forgot something that is important, so he had to go back to the hotel while my brother and I explored the place. We had plenty of time to register so it was no pressure at all. I was expecting to see LPFan at pre-regs, but he wasn't there (i think). After my dad got back, we preregistered. And went back to the hotel. We did some things and then went to bed.

June 30th: The competition
We woke up and the time was like 9:40. We all got worried because brother is in the masters divsion. So we had to rush out of the hotel and get to the convention center on time. As we got there, the pairings were up. So it was perfect timing :D During the battles, I did see V17 and AlphaOmega (I already met them in Pleasanton). So I said hi to them. And Jeremy introduced me to Cybertron . And he was surprised of how tall I am and I'm only in the seniors divsion. I said, No one expects me to be this tall when they meet me in person, lol. After I said hi to V17. There was guy who asked me if you are pokemaster649. I was like yeah. He said he is LPFan. I was like hey! After the first battle, my brother, Joshua (I'm sorry that I didn't mentioned his name earlier, lol). He won. After a few battles, Joshua went 3-1. So I was like happy for him. But after two more battles, he went 3-3 :( He decided to drop out, since he is most likely not going to be in the top 16. So went out to eat and came back to the convention center for my battles.

The battles:

Battle 1: Well I talked to this kid, he just wanted a shiny larvitar. But he had to compete for it. So when the battles started, his team doesn't look that great. When he saw my team, he said I didn't know can you use those legendary pokemon. I think I told him you should look at the ban list a little bit more. While we are talking, he said he didn't have time to ev train. So I just 4-0ed him and felt sorry for the kid. 1-0

Battle 2: As soon as team preview was on, I thought it was Trick room team. But it wasn't when we battled. This is also a noob who has anger issues, lol. When he was losing, he was like pressing on the screen so hard, I was like calm down man...here is a funny part, my draco meteor missed two time in a row on his slaking, I was guessing maybe bright powder. I 2-0ed him. Should have been three if that draco meteor hadn't missed. 2-0

Battle 3: Ok, now I'm nervous, since this is when I might face the winners. It turns it did, but was not that great. I just shut him down with perfect prediction and 4-0ed him. He sends out Breloom and Weavile and I send out cresselia and Top. I predicted that he would FO my top, so I send out my chandy. And he uses spore on my Cress, and chesto activates, lol I guess it's a good thing since I have it there. As the battle continues, thing started to get worst for him and eventaully I win. 3-0

Battle 4: Ok, so far so good. And I can't remember my opponent has sent out or what happened. I think win like 3-0 or something, idk. 4-0

Battle 5: OH, NOW I FACE ALPHAOMEGA!! It's revenge time Fan! He sends out cresselia and Scrafty and I send my cress and top. I thought he was going to FO my top, so I send out Chandelure, I think. But he FO my cress and T-waves it. So I was like, come on same exact strategy like in pleasanton. So I had to use safeguard. Just to protect my mons from T-wave. Jeremy asked me if you really hate T-wave. I replied with yeah and then said but I hate spore much worse than T-wave. As the battle continues, I'm losing >_> Lost 0-3 :( 4-1

Good game Fan, til next time my friend I will beat you.

Battle 6: I'm have been paired up with another player that 4-1. So I was like, ok, I can win this. As we battle (sorry for my poor memory), I was winning, but one thing that didn't expect was scarf hydreigon. Still I win like 2-0, so I'm still happy. 5-1

Ok, I asked Fan of how he did and he lost. But he still had a good record after he lost that game. As soon as the pairings went, I just look at the table number and not seeing what the player is. As soon as I walked to the table, I look at the pairing, and guess what......CYBERTRON! I was surprised man, he was last guy that I didn't want to face, lol. But it turned out that it was a close battle.

Battle 7: ok, Aaron sends out cress and thundurus and I sent my cress and top. So I figured that Aaron would either taunt or T-wave my cress and ignoring his cress (who is surprisingly fast) would do. So I FO thundurus and he flinched. And then Aaron's cress went first and used psyshock (that was probably my first mistake of the battle). As top went down I sent out maybe Latios, I can't remember, lol. As of, I used safeguard. Since T-wave is my weakness, despite having a ground type in my team. As the battle goes, we like pretty much even. Now my last pokemon is latios and his other two mons are scizor and thundurus. So my best bet was to use psychic on scizor and then use draco meteor on his thundurus. I took down scizor with psychic (and it wasn't a crit) and he uses T-wave. I was like it should seal the deal if he has another attacking move other than thunderbolt. He had hp ice! Which made me lose, oh well, I had a great battle with him. 5-2

So now, I'm hoping now that I can make the win the next round and advance in the top cut.

Battle 8: lol, nope. I don't....now I battle Jake aka Uxsee. This battle was so close ( and I realized that I should have not use my mamo!) that he saved the video for it. I can't really remember much of this battle, but sorry! 5-3

As the results were up, LPFan barely made it!! :D But I didn't, placing 46th. Oh well, it was not too bad for my first time at nats. So my dad promised me that he will take me to nats regardless of how well I do or not in regionals. So I will be there 100% next year. Hope to see you there and I hope I can do better in the masters division.

July 1st: I just watch as a spectator
Ok, I woke up a bit late. At around like 10:00. I had to eat breakfast, since it ends at 10:30. I went to the convention center and matches already started. Which was top 8 and I saw it was Cybertron and David Arnold against each other. And ofc Cybertron wins. I saw LPFan, and I talked to him of how he did. He said he lost due to hax. So we both don't get to go to worlds. :( As cybertron faced a guy that I wasn't expecting to know who, it was pwny person vgc. So congratz on him :D After cybertron wins and advances on to the final battle. We had to wait for about 10 min. or so. When the battles started. I was watching the juniors division match and I recognized someone, and it was Brian Hough. Why would he be here if he already won worlds? I'm guessing he was bored. But as it goes, the other kid just dominates him! When the matches were over, Cybertron and wolfey wins again! :D This like 2011 all over again except that Snake isn't in that divison anymore nor did he win.

After nats was over, I had to go back home late :evan: Since it's going to take a while, lol. I had a good time at nats, I hope this will be like this next year. gl at worlds to all the people that is attending.

I will be uploading pics later!

I will be showing my team that I used.

My team (pretty much standard):

Mamoswine item: choice scarf
(I realized that it was frail with it, lol)
nature: Adamant
ability: snow cloak
evs: 4 hp, 252 atk, 252 spd
moves:
Earthquake
Icicle Crash
Icicle spear
rock slide

Chandelure item: focus sash
nature: modest
ability: flash fire
evs: 4 hp, 252 sp. atk, 252 spd
moves:
Heat Wave
Energy Ball
Shadow Ball
Protect

Hitmontop item: Fighting Gem
nature: adamant
ability: intimidate
evs: 116 hp, 244 atk,148 spd
(just to out speed other tops and mons that faster than him)
moves:
Close Combat
Sucker Punch
Wide Guard
Fake Out

Cresselia item: chesto berry
nature: bold
ability: levitate
evs: 236 hp, 148 def, 12 sp. atk, 76 sp. def, 36 spd
moves:
Rest
Thunder Wave
Safeguard
Psychic

Zapdos item: sitrus berry
nature: modest
ability: pressure
evs: 116 hp, 252 sp. atk, 140 spd
moves:
Thunderbolt
Tailwind
Detect
Heat Wave

Latios item: dragon gem
nature: Timid
ability: levitate
evs: 4 hp, 252 sp. atk, 252 spd
moves:
Draco Meteor
Psychic
Substitute
Protect

And oh, since my name is a bit long. You can call me PM649.

Nice warstory. Sucks that you had to play three Smogoners and you didn't place. At least you'll be at Nationals next year and hopefully I'll get to meet you!

That was a great read! I hope I get to go to nats next year, I very likely will. Shoulda probably tested sash mamo, probably works a whole lot better. Anyways, it was great to meet you at nats, you're a great friend. Also, good luck in masters next year! I knew I would have a solid chance of making top cut since all of my opponents had their first 2 rounds won bar my last round. Anyways, once again this is a great warstory, shoulda had a picture with ya before I left...oh well...

Awesome read!
Thanks!

Nice warstory. Sucks that you had to play three Smogoners and you didn't place. At least you'll be at Nationals next year and hopefully I'll get to meet you!
Yeah it was tough facing those smogoners.......I hope to meet you there next year too! I hope we don't face each other, lol.
Nice job.
Thanks!
cool story.
Thanks!
A good read! It was fun to meet you at Nats
It was fun meeting you too!
That was a great read! I hope I get to go to nats next year, I very likely will. Shoulda probably tested sash mamo, probably works a whole lot better. Anyways, it was great to meet you at nats, you're a great friend. Also, good luck in masters next year! I knew I would have a solid chance of making top cut since all of my opponents had their first 2 rounds won bar my last round. Anyways, once again this is a great warstory, shoulda had a picture with ya before I left...oh well...
Thanks, masters sure is going to be tough. Yeah we should've have pic before we left, but hey we got next year, right. Yeah your right, but my chandy has sash. And I needed a ground type that is not named Garchomp...so..I thought scarf would be a bit better, but it has too many weaknesses :(

Thanks!

Yeah it was tough facing those smogoners.......I hope to meet you there next year too! I hope we don't face each other, lol.

Thanks!

Thanks!

It was fun meeting you too!

Thanks, masters sure is going to be tough. Yeah we should've have pic before we left, but hey we got next year, right. Yeah your right, but my chandy has sash. And I needed a ground type that is not named Garchomp...so..I thought scarf would be a bit better, but it has too many weaknesses :(
I'm going to be at nats next year, we will have a picture by then!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)