1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

3rd Ubers Cast - 9 PM GMT Saturday 28/9

Discussion in 'BW Ubers' started by Melee Mewtwo, Sep 27, 2013.

1. Melee Mewtwo

Melee Mewtwo lol, nice
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon IRC AOPis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

There will be a third Ubers Cast this Saturday at 9PM GMT. We will be discussing the state of the current metagame as well as speculating on the future XY metagame. Our panelists will be Sweep, Blim, Blackstardust, Hugendugen, Shrang, and myself. Feel free to post questions you'd like to ask here. (Keep in mind that google hangouts now has a built in Q&A!)

Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
  2. Haruno

Haruno Sprouts > Kale
    is a Tiering Contributor

Gasp hot cast <3 needs more tmon tho
  3. Edgar

Edgar Lordsquads,,
    is an official Team Rateris a SPL Winner

get off theorymon's nuts lol
  4. CTC

CTC The Lord Shepherd shall guideth ye cattle
    is Smogon Frontier's Stadium Baronis a Past WCoP Winner

WE WANT PROBLIMMMMMMZ
  5. Trainer Au

Trainer Au Insert custom title here

What are some of your favourite gimmicks/underrated sets to use?
  6. Kebabe

Kebabe
    is a Tiering Contributor

-Any good Pokemon that are underrated or have any underused sets? (ie I dont want to hear about Charizard), specifically I want Sweep to convince me about why Dialga should be S-Rank. Yes its very versatile but is it really the best at anything? TRalkia?

-How do you do to not get destroyed by the two scariest threats out there, Ho-Oh and Latios (Palkia without Chansey)? I would like Melee Mewtwo(stall player) on how he handles Band Ho-OH on rain-stall without Arceus-Rock, is it possible or is stall dead?

-What moves do you run on your scarf Genesect more than U-tun and ice beam? Explosion,Iron Head, Flamthrower or even Bug Buzz to ohko Mewtwo?
  7. Faint

Faint Valar morghulis
    is a Pre-Contributor

Now that steel no longer resists ghost and dark, when does the construction for the shrine dedicated to the all-powerful Arceus-Ghost begin?
  8. Manaphy

Manaphy

Predictions for Xerneas/Yveltal? Don't forget their abilities.
  9. Melee Mewtwo

Melee Mewtwo lol, nice
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon IRC AOPis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

The cast was delayed a bit and we missed out on Blackstardust but things still went well I want to thank everybody for participating. (and edgar for trying)

For those who missed it you can watch it here
  10. Hugendugen

Hugendugen Noam Chompsky.
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Super Moderatoris a Tiering Contributor
    PS & Ubers Leader

Thanks for organising Melee Mewtwo and thanks Ace Emerald for helping us get it up on YouTube. I enjoyed that, I think we covered most of the stuff we wanted to and the chemistry worked well. Hopefully the viewers enjoyed it too.
  11. Sweep

Sweep
    is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator

Note: I meant to say Jirachi/Gliscor can use "other" moves, not thunder moves...freudian slip.
  12. shrang

shrang Reaction to Ubers ladder
    is a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderatoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Just a note about me being quiet - It was like 7-8am on a Sunday where I live, and I have about 7-8 housemates, most of whom were still sleeping. :(
  13. Edgar

Edgar Lordsquads,,
    is an official Team Rateris a SPL Winner

Sorry for not being able to make it but there was an unexpected issue with my car and had to wait for 2 hours in the middle of nowhere, again, sorry for delaying this..
  14. Melee Mewtwo

Melee Mewtwo lol, nice

Nah, it wasn't you who delayed it. It turns out the NU cast was scheduled an hour before ours and their cast lasted for an hour and a half.
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
  15. PROBLEMS

PROBLEMS

Hugendugen is v pretty!!
  16. Furai

Furai wellfare
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

gonna listen to it today for sure! thank you guys so much for getting this done, and bs edgar missing out :(

problems is a fag
  17. Manaphy

Manaphy

This cast had some pretty good discussion and I learned a lot about you guys just from seeing you talk in person

Melee_Mewtwo no offense but you have the squeakiest nerdiest voice I've ever heard lol
  18. blitzlefan

blitzlefan I remember it all too well...
    is a Pre-Contributor

That was rather interesting! I enjoyed listening to the discussion and I hope there'll be more Ubers Smogcasts when X and Y come out. I'm gonna test Gliscor when I have the time - it better be incredible, seeing as it was brought up about 100 times.
    Melee Mewtwo likes this.
  19. Melee Mewtwo

Melee Mewtwo lol, nice

You aren't the first to say this. :p
  20. Donkey

Donkey

shots fired

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)