1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!

Singles 3v3 General Discussion

Discussion in 'Battle Spot' started by cant say, Nov 20, 2016.

1. storm

storm

A lot of the glalie counters I've seen being mentioned lose to the earthquake/freeze dry set which completely wrecks the listed counters. Am I the only one seeing that set as I'd encountered over 10 glalie and they've all ran that set except one
  2. Theorymon

Theorymon Super Marionivox Odyssey
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Live Chat Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Server Moderatoris a CAP Contributor Alumnus

I have seen a few Earthquake ones actually. I think that might be why some of the Lapras I saw were running Perish Song. In general, Perish Song is bad news for Glalie. Lapras is the best user of it against Glalie, but Alolan Marowak and Primarina can use it in clutch scenarios since they aren't going to get OHKOed without the right boosts.
  3. Carrier

Carrier

I figure this is the spot to put the 1.1 update news via http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

A brand new patch has been released for the Generation VII Pokémon games. This patch brings the game up to Version 1.1 and provides a few updates. The patch is 296 blocks to download. These patches are required to go online on your games and required to participate at official events. This patch fixes the previously announced glitch with the moves Z-Parting Shot and Z-Memento on Battle Spot and a glitch in regards to the winner of a game if Rocky Helmet knocks the opponent out when you're knocked out. It also fixes the glitch where a Pokémon wouldn't learn a move when it evolved such as with Kadabra and Confusion

Decently important Z moves, I'd say.
    dsm77773, cant say and Theorymon like this.
  4. Theorymon

Theorymon Super Marionivox Odyssey
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Live Chat Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Server Moderatoris a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Yeah, I plan on testing out Z-Alolan Perisan myself next season in light of this news. Might pair it with some cool sweepers like Mega Salamence. I'll try it on Silvally too, though that doesn't have as much physical bulk or Speed.
  5. I dont care

I dont care formerly mafreel

Silvally is a cool mon but gf were greedy with him. No good stats, no good moverpool.

Alolan persian sure is interesting lol
  6. Kanon90

Kanon90

Guys a quick question regarding a mixed set for Tapu Koko.
    Does the poke need to invest on attack or not at all?
    Semi rookie myself so dont know if it is worth investing on attack in order to reach certain benchmarks. Thanks in advance.
  7. Corrin

Corrin

You need a minimum of 172 Atk EVs if you want to score the 2HKO on bulky Marowak-Alola with Brave Bird; 100 if it's fully offensive instead. Other than that, there's nothing worth the investment before bank is out—not on a mixed set, at least.
    Kanon90 likes this.
  8. Vif-Argent

Vif-Argent

Now that the z-move glitch is fixed, is Z-Memento viable in 3vs3, and which users ?
    Will Pokebank (and ORAS stuff) change anything for Z-Memento and Z-PShot users ?
  9. I dont care

I think only two good memento users are Muk-A and Chandelure as Trick room setter.
    After pokebank, i think Latios and ralts' line have a good chance.

For parting shot now and after the only good users are Silvally (but no drives no RKS System) and Persian-A.
  10. I dont care

Check and counters for Marokaw-A?
    Inceniroar, then?
    I have a good team for bss, but it has "a few" problems when Marowak-A switch on my Tapu Koko and then use Will-O-Wisp. lol
  11. Corrin

Corrin

Tapu Fini and Porygon2 are both reliable answers to it.
    I dont care likes this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)