3v3 On the Beach! Metal Bagon vs. Woodchuck (BiGGiE Ref; Darkamber Tutors)

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Round 5

Riolu [Pwem] (M)
HP: 36
Energy: 1

Stats:
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 2
SpD: Rank 1
Spe: 69

vs.

Nohface [Darkbone] (M)
HP: 55
Energy: 4
Status: Identified by Foresight (6 more actions), 15 HP Substitute

Stats:
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 0
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 10​

Round 5 is upon us in this battle of two exhausted pokemon! One wonders just how many times these pokemon will chill during this match? (Seriously, no amount was specified..) Pwem begins the match by safely chilling out behind his substitute, gaining back precious energy. Darkbone seems to agree with this situation as he also chills in this siesta of a round.

Looking serious and ready for some action, Pwem lunges in Darkbone's direction, force-ing its palm right into the chest of Darkbone's clone, dealing a good chunk of damage. With still the smallest amount of health left in his clone, Darkbone relaxes and chills again to regain even more energy.

It seems as though Woodchuck wants Pwem to not over exert himself too much this round, as he orders Pwem to chill again behind the substitute and regain energy. Seemingly not noticing that there's still a clone on the other side of the field, Darkbone spits out some eerie-purple will-o-wisp in the clone's direction, but misses horribly. Not that it would've mattered anyway.

Riolu chills and regains 12 energy
Nohface chills and regains 12 energy

Riolu uses Force Palm for (6+3)*1.5=13.5~14 damage, 4 energy; Nohface receives no damage, 1 HP sub left

Nohface uses Will-o-Wisp for 7 energy (To hit<=75; 95, miss) [Sub is up anyways :P

Riolu [Pwem] (M)
Energy: 21

Stats:

vs.

Nohface [Darkbone] (M)
Status: Identified by Foresight (3 more actions), 1 HP Substitute

Stats:

Metal Bagon is up first in round 6 of this impressively long battle!

Shadow sneak - Sub 15 HP - Will-o-Wisp

Sub: If Riolu still has a sub on action 3 then replace will-o-wisp with an offensive dig

sorry for lack of flavour but im very busy reffing 2 battles at the moment.

biggie

champ
Round 6

Riolu [Pwem] (M)

Stats:

vs.

Nohface [Darkbone] (M)
Status: Identified by Foresight (3 more actions), 1 HP Substitute

Stats:

And we're back! Here comes round 6 and we're chugging along to the climax of this battle.

Darkbone begins the match by being very sneaky, jumping into his shadow to launch a surprise first strike at Pwem's clone, which shatters at the impact! Woodchuck however seemed to be expecting that as he orders Pwem to make a substitute clone (15 HP) to quickly replace the lost one!

Now safely behind the close, Pwem decides to take another chill pill and regain some energy. It seems as though Metal Bagon was expecting to take another hit however, as he ordered Darkbone to make another (15 HP) substitute. Since he already had one up, this tactic from Darkbone seems to have failed!

Now wanting to go on the offensive, Pwem lunges and forces his palm into Darkbone's clone, destroying it in the process! It seems Metal Bagon was one action too early! Darkbone proceeds to dig underneath the ground, and emerges to strike Pwem's clone for significant damage!

Nohface uses Shadow Sneak for (4+3+1.5)=8.5~9 dmg, 2 energy; Riolu receives no damage, substitute fades
Riolu uses 15 HP substitute for 12 energy

Nohface uses 15 HP substitute for 12 energy; it fails!

Riolu uses Force Palm for (6+3)*1.5=13.5~14 damage, 4 energy; Nohface receives no damage, substitute fades
Nohface uses an offensive Dig for 6 energy and (8+1.5)=9.5~10 damage

Riolu [Pwem] (M)
HP: 21
Energy: 17

Stats:

vs.

Nohface [Darkbone] (M)
HP: 40
Energy: 3

Stats:

Uh oh! Darkbone seems to be defenseless and has very little energy left! Have we seen the first pokemon fall down here at the beach? Find out next time in Round 7!

OK because of consectutive move use that riolu will fiant after two hi jump kicks so I can use that time to chill.
So just chill x3 as no chill limit has been specified.

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
OK because of consectutive move use that riolu will fiant after two hi jump kicks so I can use that time to chill.
So just chill x3 as no chill limit has been specified.
WHOA, wait a second. I checked yesterday and your moves were like spamming substitutes or something.
idk if you're allowed to change like that?

I have a screenshot if you want proof.

but I guess it really doesn't matter as the ref hasn't reffed yet
so not to be whiny but i'd like to know if it matters that he changed, and if it doesn't, then carry on :)

As long as your opponent hasn't moved and if the ref hasn't reffed (obviously) then you are allowed to change your actions. One of the many benefit's of going second in my opinion and I have always thought that this was legal (I did make a stuff up because of this once but that was because I couldn't see a second page) and I didn't actually press the post button, I wrote it up but then had to leave and when I came back my actions were posted (I have siblings). So in short

woodchuck said:
but I guess it really doesn't matter as the ref hasn't reffed yet
We should go with this.

EDIT: At least we gave BiGGiE an extra day to ref!

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
As long as your opponent hasn't moved and if the ref hasn't reffed (obviously) then you are allowed to change your actions. One of the many benefit's of going second in my opinion and I have always thought that this was legal (I did make a stuff up because of this once but that was because I couldn't see a second page) and I didn't actually press the post button, I wrote it up but then had to leave and when I came back my actions were posted (I have siblings). So in short

We should go with this.
Okay, sure, I have no problem with this :)
EDIT: Yeah, sorry I sounded a bit whiny earlier. I'm happy to have learned something new about cap asb and I hope you enjoy your trip!

biggie

champ
Round 7

Riolu [Pwem] (M)
HP: 21
Energy: 17

Stats:

vs.

Nohface [Darkbone] (M)

Stats:

Round 7 begins and one of these pokemon will not make it to the next round! Let's find out who?

Pwem begins the action by kicking with a blaze-ing fury right at Darkbone! Darkbone responds by... just chilling?! It appears as though Darkbone has learned to "turn the other cheek" and is simply taking a beating with passive resistance.

Enraged by this and wanting a real fight, Pwem goes to launch another blaze kick, but collapses due to exhaustion! It seems as though Darkbone has emerged victorious!

Riolu [Pwem] (M)
HP: KO'd!
Energy: NADA

Stats:

vs.

Nohface [Darkbone] (M)
HP: 26
Energy: 15

Stats:

Pwem uses Blaze Kick (To hit <=95; 17, hit); (To crit<=2; 3, no) for 13.5~14 damage, 7 energy.
Darkbone chills and regains 12 energy.

Pwem goes to use Blaze Kick again but cannot due to fainting from exhaustion!

Woodchuck will send out his next monster, Metal Bagon will issue actions, Woodchuck will also issue actions and we'll be on our merry way.

OK, I went through some calcs of my own to see my POkemon's HP and energy and here it is (for my Benefit and so BiGGiE can copy and paste it if he chooses).

Nohface [Darkbone] (M)
HP: 26
Energy: 15

Stats:
Spe: 10

OK now that I know what energy I have I know that the best way for me to go on is for me to troll priority combo's

Chill - Shadow Sneak + Faint Attack combo - If I'm still alive and have enough energy I guess It'll have to be Darkbone's combo cooldown

biggie

champ
Round 8

Staryu [Starmory]
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 1
SpA: Rank 3
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 98

vs.

Nohface [Darkbone] (M)

Stats:

Chugging right along to round 8 of this fantastic battle! What will Woodchuck's new monster bring to the table? Let's find out!

Starmory follows in Pwem's footsteps by first setting up a substitute clone of itself (15 HP) while Darkbone chills to regain some energy for a final assault!

In a desperation move, Darkbone jumps into his shadow, sneaks up to Starmory's clone and delivers a hard faint attack combination move, which shatters the newly created clone! Starmory unfazed by the attack, pumps out a powerful blast of hydro goodness right at Darkbone for a significant chunk of damage!

Hearing its trainer shout out "FINISH HIM!" Starmory somehow gathers a large amount of electricity within its core and sends a thundering beam straight at Darkbone who is cooling down from his last attack! With a direct hit, Darkbone is knocked out!

Staryu uses Substitute for 12 energy and creates 15 HP clone

Staryu uses Hydro Pump for (12+3)=15 damage, 7 energy (No roll to hit, +22 accuracy nature)
Nohface uses Shadow Sneak/Faint Attack combo for 15 damage, 9 energy; no damage clone breaks

Staryu uses Thunder for 12 damage and 8 energy (To hit<=92 [+22 accuracy nature]; 29, hit)
Nohface is knocked out

Staryu [Starmory]
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 1
SpA: Rank 3
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 98

vs.

Nohface [Darkbone] (M)
HP: KO!
Energy: --

Stats:

Metal Bagon will send out his next monster, Woodchuck will issue directives, Metal Bagon will also issue directives and I will ref. Progress!

Could someothing have missed. Any KFC would be begging to be KOed so I'll send out my Dragonair that is a Dragonite but it evolved in another battle so it is only a Dragonair!

Yes you are. OK, why does my Dragonair not have Substitute or protect. Wait, from my last battle on my island I remember diving into the water to evade attack's. Your see where this is going, right.

Extreme Speed - Dragon Dance - Swim out to sea to evade Blizzard

Son of Shaboo said:

Smiley (Shed Skin)
HP: 42
Energy: 59
Speed: 50
Boosts/Drops: 0
Actions: Dragon Pulse >>> Swim out to sea LIKE A PUSSY! >>> Dragon Pulse)
SoS did it and consistancy is good. However, if you do strongly oppose this from working I will mind but I'll just have to live with it.

PS: Remember Dragonair's Dream World ability, it should be helpful for me this round.

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
Just wanting to note that the Blizzard should probably freeze the water. Or at least create a layer of ice.

biggie

champ
Ok, here's the calcs. Just a note, I interpreted the "swim out to sea" move as a dodge. Also, as Dragonair is now in water, and is shown to have strong mobility in water, I will give +1 evasion while in the water. If you do not agree, let me hear your argument and I will review with DA about how to approach this.

Action 1:
Dragonair uses [critical hit] Extremespeed for (8+3+3)=14 damage and 6 energy (To crit<=1; 1, Hit)

Staryu uses (15 HP) Substitute for 12 energy

Action 2:
Staryu uses Minimize for 12 energy (+2 Evasion PERM)

Dragonair uses Dragon Dance for 7 energy (+1 Atk, 70*1.5=105 Speed) [4 actions?]

Action 3:
Dragonair swims out to sea to try to avoid the Blizzard (Dodge command= [105 Speed-98 Speed]/5=1.4~1 point accuracy reduction] 70-1=69 +22 accuracy boost from Staryu's nature = 91% accurate Blizzard) for 5 energy; gains +1 Evasion while in water.

Staryu uses Blizzard for (12+1.5)*1.5=20.25~20 damage, 8 energy (To hit<=91; 5, hit) (To freeze<=10; 14, no) (To crit<=1; 14, no)

Summary:
Staryu: 46 HP, 39 energy, +2 Evasion PERM
Dragonair: 80 HP, 83 energy, +1 ATK, 105 Spe for 2 rounds, +1 Evasion while in water

Thunder Wave - Thunder - Hyper Beam
SUB: If Thunder Wave misses on the first action replace Hyper Beam with Thunder Wave instead.

Also, I don't think minimize is PERM and I would like some proof that it is thanks.

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
Minimize: The Pokémon compresses its body to reduce its size, boosting its Evasion by two (2) stages for the duration of the time the Pokemon is active. The Pokemon will revert to normal size if it is switched or forced back into its Pokeball. The Pokemon cannot use Minimize if the effect is already active.
yeah it's PERM

okay so since my Substitute is still apparently intact,
Recover ~ Blizzard ~ Chill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)