3v3 Singles In Annoying Palace, Metal Bagon vs Flamestrike (ref Darkamber)

Status
Not open for further replies.
New challenge which is open to anyone.

3v3 singles
2 day DQ
No recoveries
You can decide chills but I'm deciding switch and it will be switch=OK
Arena: Your choice as well, if my opponent doesn't give then it's the refs choice
I'm guessing this is FE, so I'll take it. Switch=OK WOO

Infinite recovers/chills
Items off
All abilities

And for the arena, going on a nostalgia trip! *cough*bias*cough*
Arena: Glass Palace

You are cordially invited to one of the most prestigious palaces in the entire world for a Pokemon battle! This rather large glass palace is constructed of - you guessed it - 100% glass! The palace features a grand battle arena comprised of hard, but malleable dirt. The owners of the palace, your hosts, politely warn the battlers to not to use seismic Ground moves or any move involving throwing Rocks, lest the very expensive palace were to break and fall onto everyone! Also, they suggest that there be no Hail or Sandstorms within the building. There are small fountains surrounding the arena, providing a water source for Water Pokemon and water-based attacks, but not enough for a Surf.

SUMMARY: Dig and other Ground moves allowed, EQ / Magnitude / Earth Power is not allowed. No Rock Throw, Rock Slide, or Stone Edge. No Hail or Sandstorm. Constant water source, but no Surf.

Charizard - Scorchstrike (M)
Nature: Naughty (Adds one Rank to Attack; Subtracts one Rank from Special Defense)
Type: Fire/Flying
Fire: Fire STAB; immune to burn, 50% reduction in freeze chance, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Superior senses in volcanic or brushfire areas.
Flying: Flying STAB; immunity to Ground attacks outside extremely odd circumstances even for ground-based flying Pokemon. Enhanced aerial mobility. Superior senses in open air arenas.

Abilities:
Blaze: (Innate) When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33%, the base damage of any fire attack is increased by two (2). (eg Flamethrower goes from 10 to 12, Fire Blast from 12 to 14)
Solar Power (DW): (Innate) When in bright sunlight, this Pokemon burns solar energy and 1 HP/action to increase the Base Attack Power of all their special attacks by two (2).

Stats:

HP: 100
Atk: Rank 4 (+)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 4
SpD: Rank 2 (-)
Spe: 100
Size Class: 3
Weight Class: 4
Base Rank Total: 20
Total Moves: 23

EC: 9/9
MC: 0
DC: 5/5

Attacks:
Heat Wave
Dragon Claw
Shadow Claw
Air Slash
Scratch
Growl
Ember
Leer
Metal Claw
Smokescreen
Rage
Dragon Rage
Scary Face
Fire Fang
Flamethrower

Crunch
Flare Blitz
Focus Punch

Endure

Protect
Earthquake
Dig
Brick Break
Rock Slide
Substitute

Feraligatr - Gatorstrike (M)
Nature: Brave (Adds one Rank to Attack; A 15% decrease (rounded down) in Base Speed and a +10% increase in accuracy (e.g. 85 becomes 95) on an opponent's attacks)
Type: Water
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.

Abilities:
Torrent: (Innate) When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33%, the base damage of any water attack is increased by two (2). (eg Water Pulse goes from 6 to 8, Hydro Pump from 12 to 14)
Sheer Force (DW): (Can Be Enabled) This Pokemon can energize all its attacks with secondary effect chances less than 100%. When Enabled, the Base Attack Power of every move with an effect chance less than 100% increases by two (2), but they will never have a secondary effect.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 5 (+)
Def: Rank 4
SpA: Rank 3
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 67 (78/1.15v)
Size Class: 4
Base Rank Total: 20
Total Moves: 23

Attacks:
Scratch
Leer
Water Gun
Rage
Bite
Scary Face
Ice Fang
Flail
Thrash
Agility
Crunch
Superpower
Hydro Pump

Endure

Aqua Jet
Dragon Claw
Ice Punch

Protect
Earthquake
Dig
Rock Slide
Substitute
Waterfall

Staraptor - Raptorstrike (M)
Nature: Careful (+1 SpD, -1 SpA)
Type: Normal / Flying
Normal: Normal STAB; adapt comfortably to any surrounding after 3 actions. Able to use Outrage without losing focus.
Flying: Flying STAB; immunity to Ground attacks outside extremely odd circumstances even for ground-based flying Pokemon. Enhanced aerial mobility. Superior senses in open air arenas.

Abilities:
Intimidate: (Can be Activated) When this Pokemon initially goes out into the battlefield, it generates an intimidating roar or war cry that shakes all opponents on the battlefield, reducing their Attack stage by one (1). The attack drop is maintained at the end of each round. If an opponent switches in a new Pokemon, Intimidate can be activated again as an Action, and will affect all opponents.

Reckless (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon has an innately aggressive nature that lets it use all-out attacks with recoil more effectively. Recoil attacks from this Pokemon have two (2) more Base Attack Power, and recoil percentage is unaffected.

Stats:

Atk: Rank 5
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
SpD: Rank 3 (+)
Spe: 100
Size Class: 2
Weight Class: 2
Base Rank Total: 19
Total Moves: 19

MC: 1

Attacks:
Tackle
Growl
Quick Attack
Wing Attack
Double Team
Endeavor
Whirlwind
Aerial Ace
Close Combat
Agility
Brave Bird

Double-Edge
Revenge
Roost

Protect
U-Turn
Substitute
Fly

Endure

Gabite - Roar the Veil Hax Dragon (or Roary for short) (M)
Nature: Hardy, Neutral
Type: Dragon/Ground
Dragon: More in touch with legendary or special auras in arenas. Able to use Hyper Beam and Giga Impact without losing focus.

Ground STAB: Immune to all electrical attacks, can Dig through almost any substance, Evasive Digging reduced from 3 per action Energy Cost to 2 per action, superior senses in darkened cave surroundings.

Abilities:
Sand Veil: (Innate) This Pokemon is used to reacting in desert conditions and gets a 20% evasion boost during Sandstorms. Pokemon with this ability are immune to Sandstorm damage.
Rough Skin (DW) (locked): (Innate) When struck with a contact attack, this Pokemon’s abrasive skin causes pain to the opponent, dealing 25% of the damage received to the opponent.

Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 2
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 42
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 2
Base Rank Total: 13

EC: 8/9
DC: 4/5

Attacks (18):
Tackle
Sand Attack
Dragon Rage
Sandstorm
Take Down
Sand Tomb
Slash
Dragon Claw
Dig
Crunch
Dragon Rush

Earthquake
Flamethrower
Protect
Dig
Brick Break

Outrage
Iron Head
Double Edge

Horsea(*) Charles the Water King Dragon (M)
Nature: Quiet, +1 Special Attack /1.15 speed
Type: Water
Water STAB: Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.

Abilities:
Swift Swim: (Innate) The Pokemon with this ability moves extremely fast is slick, rainy conditions, doubling (x2) its speed in the rain.
Sniper: (Innate) This Pokemon has deadly accuracy and strikes sensitive points, increasing its critical hit bonus from +3 to +5 on single attacks, +2 to +3 on two-hit attacks, and +1 to +2 on multi-hit attacks.
Damp (DW Locked): (Innate) This Pokemon releases a damp mist upon entry into battle that short circuits the opponent’s ability to use Selfdestruct or Explosion.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 4 (+)
SpD: Rank 1
Spe: 52 (-) (60/1.15=52.17=52)
Weight Class: 1

EC: 1/9
DC: 1/5

Attacks (15):
Bubble
SmokeScreen
Leer
Water Gun
Focus Energy
BubbleBeam
Agility
Brine
Dragon Pulse

Ice Beam
Surf
Waterfall

Outrage
Disable
Signal Beam

Larvitar - Bart (M)
Nature: Adamant (+1 Rank to Attack, -1 Rank to Sp. Atk)
Type: Rock/Ground
Rock: Take 2 less damage from all special attacks during Sandstorm. Able to use Sand Tomb without losing focus.
Ground: Immune to all electrical attacks, can Dig through almost any substance, Evasive Digging reduced from 3 per action Energy Cost to 2 per action, superior senses in darkened cave surroundings.

Abilities:
Guts: (Innate) This Pokemon is tenacious and will work ever harder when under a status condition, raising the Base Attack Power of all its physical attacks by two (2). Pokemon with Guts ignore the attack drop from burn.
Sand Veil (DW): This Pokemon is used to reacting in desert conditions and gets a 20% evasion boost during Sandstorms. Pokemon with this ability are immune to Sandstorm damage.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 4 (+)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 41

EC: 0/9
DC: 0/5

Moves (14):
Bite
Leer
Sandstorm
Screech
Chip Away
Rock Slide
Scary Face
Thrash

Outrage
Iron Defense
Pursuit

Earthquake
Dig
Stone Edge

mb poke
flam poke and actions
mb actions

Brandon entered the Glass Palace, remembering his first battle with DarkSlay from ages ago. He saw Metal Bagon on the other side of the field, with a Horsea in front of him. Brandon felt a twinge of guilt as he realized that his opponent had brought weaker Pokemon to train, while he had brought three fully evolved Pokemon, but there was nothing to be done about it now; had he known before he wouldn't have accepted the challenge, but now that they were both here they could only duke it out. He did, however, decide to go a bit easier on him. "Alright, let's go Scorchstrike! You'll be at a type disadvantage, so you'll have to work extra-hard!" The Charizard entered the field and bellowed a loud roar, eager to test his wings in his first fight since evolving. "Start off with an Air Slash, then follow that up with a Dragon Claw! Finish off with another Air Slash! If he uses Disable, then punish it with a Focus Punch and use Brick Break for the rest of the round!"

Summary:
Air Slash -> Dragon Claw -> Air Slash
If he uses Disable use Focus Punch that action and replace all remaining actions with Brick Break

Really sorry about this, I assumed since you didn't specify that you didn't care what I brought, and I don't have any NFEs :(

"If I was any weaker I'd punch myself. But I know that I'm strong enough for it to hurt if I punch myself)

Don't worry Charles, brains over brawn! Start with a Brine because you can't use surf. Then stop air slash from being used again by using disable (air slash), no flinches for us thank you! finally use Brine again and hope for the best.

PS: Thanks for sending out a bad type match up 'strike. I need all the help (and luck, you listening RNG) I can get.

Horsea (Charles the Water King Dragon) (M)
HP: 90 | EN: 100 | Spe: 52 (-)
Ranks: 2/3/4/1 | Total: 13
Size: 1 | Weight: 1
Abilities: Sniper
Other: N/A
Actions: Brine ~ Disable (Air Slash) ~ Brine

Charizard (Scorchstrike) (M)
HP: 100 | EN: 100 | Spe: 100
Ranks: 4/3/4/2 | Total: 23
Size: 3 | Weight: 4
Abilities: N/A
Actions: Air Slash ~ Focus Punch / Dragon Claw ~ Brick Break / Air Slash

Round 1: Dragon on Dragon Warfare

Scorchstrike uses Air Slash, blowing Charles the Water King Dragon away with a burst of sharpened wind. Charles the Water King Dragon, rechristened C for convenience, shoots Briney water at the Charizard from the weird tube thing on his perfectly unharmed head.

Hearing a call from the opponent, Scorchstrike changes his plans on the fly, focusing his energy. C Disables that pesky Air Slash, and Scorchstrike sends the tiny fish flying with a Focus Punch!

The Charizard swoops in and follows up with a Brick Break, and C returns with another powerful Brine.

HP: 47 | EN: 79 | Spe: 52 (-)
Other: None

HP: 60 | EN: 79 | Spe: 100
Other: Disabled [Air Slash] (4 Actions)

Charizard Air Slash = 8 + 3 + 4.5 = (16 Damage, 5 Energy)
Horsea Brine = (7 + 3 + 3) * 1.5 = (20 Damage, 7 Energy)

Horsea Disable (7 Energy)
Charizard Focus Punch = 15 + 1.5 = (17 Damage, 10 Energy)

Charizard Brick Break = 8 + 1.5 = (10 Damage, 6 Energy)
Horsea Brine = (7 + 3 + 3) * 1.5 = (20 Damage, 7 Energy)

Charizard: -40 HP, -21 Energy
Horsea: -43 HP, -21 Energy

MB go

"Kamikaze!"

Smokescreen ~ Brine x2 combo ~ combo cooldown
SUB: If protect is used on A2 reorder your actions like this. Brine x2 combo ~combo cooldown ~smokescreen
SUB2: If protect is used on A1, then chill instead.

"Good job Scorchstrike, now let's keep it up! Make a 15 HP Substitute to block that Smokescreen, then use a Focus Punch while you have the Substitute to keep you safe! Finish off with a Dragon Claw!"

Summary:
Substitute (15 HP) -> Focus Punch -> Dragon Claw

hey guys I'm new to the Smogon forums, can someone please explain how to post a thread? I really want a team I have rated.

Ummmm... wrong place, why did you even post here.

EDIT: Please take this up elsewhere. Also, go to the RATE MY TEAM SUB-FORUM, this is CAPASB, which might just be the furthest thing from RMT on smogon.

yes but i just don't know where to go, i don't know the mechanics of posting, all i was able to manage was to post a private message thinking that was how to post a thread

HP: 47 | EN: 79 | Spe: 52 (-)
Actions: Smokescreen ~ Brine + Brine ~ Cooldown

HP: 60 | EN: 79 | Spe: 100
Other: Disabled [Air Slash] (4 Actions)
Actions: Substitute (15) ~ Focus Punch ~ Dragon Claw

Round 2: Watery, Dragoney Regicide

Oh shit, Scorchstrike sets up a Substitute (15), completely negating C's haxxing, Smokescreening efforts.

C renders the shield into fluffy gibs with a powerful Brine + Brine, but it lasts long enough for Scorch to land another deadly Focus Punch.

Scorch proceeds to Dragon Claw him while he's down, scoring a critical hit. Jerk.

HP: 17 | EN: 33 | Spe: 52 (-)

HP: 45 | EN: 51 | Spe: 100
Other: Disabled [Air Slash] (1 Actions)

Charizard Substitute (12 Energy)
Horsea Smokescreen (4 Energy)

Horsea Brine + Brine = ((7*2.25) + 3 + 3) * 1.5 = (33 Damage, 36 Energy)

Charizard Dragon Claw (Crit) = 8 + 3 + 1.5 = (13 Damage, 6 Energy)
Horsea Cooldown

Charizard: -15 HP, -28 Energy
Horsea: -30 HP, -46 Energy

Flamestrike go

"Alright Scorchstrike, let's finish this off! Go for a Flamethrower and then finish it off with a Dragon Claw! If he uses Smokescreen then block it with a 15 HP Substitute and follow up with a Focus Punch!"

Summary:
Flamethrower -> Dragon Claw -> Flamethrower
If he uses Smokescreen replace that action with Substitute (15 HP)and the following action with Focus Punch

HP: 17 | EN: 33 | Spe: 52 (-)
Actions: SMOKESCREEN

HP: 45 | EN: 51 | Spe: 100
Other: Disabled [Air Slash] (1 Actions)
Actions: Substitute / Flamethrower ~ Focus Punch / Dragon Claw ~ Substitute / Flamethrower

Round 4: Know When To Fold 'Em

C obligingly lets Scorch set up a Substitute and dies a turn later to Focus Punch.

HP: 0 | EN: 0 | Spe: 52 (-)

HP: 30 | EN: 29 | Spe: 100
Other: Substitute (15 HP)

Charizard Substitute (12 Energy)
Horsea Smokescreen (4 Energy)

Horsea Smokescreen (8 Energy)

mb poke and actions
flame actions

You used Smokescreen, so Flamestrike's substitution activated. Flamestrike's substitution lasted two actions, Substitute, then Focus Punch. If you had survived the second action, then yes, he would substitute again and you would troll him, but you didn't. Sorry!

"Good job Scorchstrike, now let's do some more damage! Start with a Focus Punch while you still have that sub, then follow up with a Dragon Claw! Finish off with a final Dragon Claw!"

Summary:
Focus Punch -> Dragon Claw -> Dragon Claw

gdi mb update gabite stats, they're gible's right now

Gabite (Roary) (M)
HP: 100 | EN: 100 | Spe: 82
Ranks: 3/3/2/2 | Total: 13
Actions: OUTRAAAAGE

HP: 30 | EN: 29 | Spe: 100
Other: Substitute (15 HP)
Actions: Focus Punch ~ Dragon Claw ~ Dragon Claw

Round 5: Anticlimax

Roary rends the Substitute into bits of pillow stuffing with a violent Outrage, but eats a Focus Punch to the face.

He endures the powerful Dragon Claw and mauls the Charizard with another Outrage.

Then Scorchstrike died of energy loss.

Gabite (Roary) (M)
HP: 69 | EN: 86 | Spe: 82
Other: Outrage (1 Action)

HP: 0 | EN: 0 | Spe: 100

Gabite Outrage = 12 + 3 = (15 Damage, 7 Energy)
Charizard Focus Punch = 15 + 1.5 = (17 Damage, 14 Energy)

Charizard Dragon Claw = (8 + 1.5) * 1.5 = (14 Damage, 6 Energy)
Gabite Outrage = 12 + 3 = (15 Damage, 7 Energy)

Charizard Dragon Claw = (10 Energy, Ded)

fstrike poke and actions

Brandon withdrew Scorchstrike, congratulating it on a job well done, and grabbed a new Pokeball. "Alright, you're up Raptorstrike!" The Staraptor appeared on the field, ready to fight. "Let's put on the hurt! Nail him with a Brave Bird, follow up with a Double-Edge, and finish off with another Brave Bird!"

Summary:
Brave Bird -> Double-Edge -> Brave Bird

Lucky Flamestrike, I decided reffing quintuples was too much stress for the day.

Gabite (Roary) (M)
HP: 69 | EN: 86 | Spe: 82
Other: Outrage (1 Action), -1 Attack
Actions: Protect ~ Dragon Claw ~ Protect

Staraptor (Raptorstrike) (M)
HP: 100 | EN: 100 | Spe: 100
Ranks: 5/3/1/3 | Total: 19
Size: 2 | Weight: 2
Abilities: Reckless
Actions: Brave Bird ~ Double Edge ~ Brave Bird

Round 6: Delaying The Inevitable

Fuck it's one in the morning and I don't feel like flavor. Raptorstrike enters the field, and his mohawk is SO GOD DAMN SCARY that Roary loses his bowels. Haha potty joke, I am so witty. I need sleep. Roary actually just lost a power level in attack. It's under nine thousand now. Raptorstrike dives down towards the Staraptor and eats him Brave Birds him. Still screaming his head off for fear of being devoured by a black chicken, he ignores his trainer, wild with fear, and launches a murderous Outrage offensive against the Staraptor. Exhausted, his terrified mind becomes confused! Great, just what we needed, more rolling for our poor ref.

Roary musters up his courage and slams a Dragon Claw into Raptorstrike's head, ruffling his mohawk into oblivion. Truly a travesty of justice, had the Staraptor not already smashed him with a Double-Edge.

Roary HIDES BEHIND A MAGICAL BARRIER with Protect. Raptorstrike is a pretty Brave Bird, but he hits the wall and bounces off like a rubber ducky thrown onto a bathtub floating in the sea inhabited by a giant caterpillar, ladybug, cockroach, and James, who bathe together in the juices of the butchered giant peach and go on adventures into the wild, wild west and i forgot where I was going with this. Roary doesn't either, but he's snapped out of confusion, at least.

Gabite (Roary) (M)
HP: 30 | EN: 58 | Spe: 82
Other: -1 Attack

Staraptor (Raptorstrike) (M)
HP: 65 | EN: 79 | Spe: 100
Ranks: 5/3/1/3 | Total: 19
Size: 2 | Weight: 2
Abilities: Reckless
Other: Mohawk Ruffled

Gabite Outrage = 12 + 3 - 1.75 = (13 Damage, 7 Energy)
Staraptor Brave Bird = 10 + 2 + 2 + 3 + 3 = (20 Damage, 7 Energy, 7 Recoil]

Staraptor Double-Edge = 10 + (2 / 1.5) + 2 + 3 + 3 = (19 Damage, 7 Energy, 6 Recoil)
Gabite Dragon Claw = 8 + 3 - 1.75 = (9 Damage, 5 Energy)

Gabite Protect (14 Energy)
Staraptor Brave Bird = 10 + 2 + 2 + 3 + 3 = (20 Damage, 7 Energy, 7 Recoil, Miss]

Gabite: -39 HP, -28 Energy
Staraptor: -35 HP, -21 Energy

mb go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)