1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Completed 3v3 Singles nEsp vs. Pippy (AR: Maxim, TR: Its A Random)

Discussion in 'ASB' started by Maxim, Jul 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maxim

Maxim

One day, as I was training my Pokemon at the local tournament arena and trying to draft a feasible Gravity team, I got a message from Its A Random saying it was time to practice my reffing, I just needed to find a match.

Great. Where was I going to find a match at this hour of the night?

It was then that I heard a loud noise. Apparently the two trainers I noticed while walking in here were having some heated argument or another. Me, being a paranoid person, was worried that things might get ugly, so I called them and said:

Maxim: Hey guys, how about we settle...whatever you guys are arguing about with a Pokemon battle.

Both: Sure

At this point, I read them the rules.

Ok, I know this is nEsp's first battle, so I'll go over how this works.

• First, nEsp will send out his pokemon
    • Second, Pippy will send out his pokemon and give them his orders
    • Third, nEsp will order his pokemon
    • Fourth, after approval from Its A Random, I will post the reffing.
    • After that, we alternate orders (i.e. round 2 nEsp orders first and then Pippy.)
    Ok then, here are the teams.

nEsp's Team
    Cottonee (open)

[​IMG]
    Cottonee(*) (M)

Nature: Bold (Defense increased by *; Attack reduced by *)

Type: Grass
    Grass: Grass STAB; Immunity to Leech Seed and Worry Seed. 50% reduction in status effect chance of oncoming "powder" attacks. More mobile in areas with strong natural light sources. Superior senses in tall grass and forest areas. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus.

Abilities:

Prankster: Type: Innate

The Pokemon is always prepared for engaging in sneaky tactics and trickery, giving its non-damaging attacks an increase in priority level.

Infiltrator: Type: Innate

Through a combination of speed and cunning this Pokemon easily gets around Light Screen, Reflect, and Safeguard with all of its attacks.

Chlorophyll (DW): Type: Innate

During bright sunlight, this Pokemon’s cells absorb more solar energy, doubling (x2) their speed.

Stats:

HP: 90
    Atk: Rank 1 (-)
    Def: Rank 3 (+)
    SpA: Rank 2
    SpD: Rank 2
    Spe: 66

EC: 0/6
    MC: 0
    DC: 0/5

Attacks:

Absorb(*)
    Growth(*)
    Leach Seed(*)
    Stun Spore(*)
    Mega Drain(*)
    Cotton Spore(*)
    Razor Leaf(*)
    PoisonPowder(*)

Encore(*)
    Memento(*)
    Worry Seed(*)

Substitute(*)
    Taunt(*)
    Hidden Power (Fire, 7)(*)

Aura the Riolu (open)

[​IMG]
    Riolu(*) Aura (F)

Nature: Adamant (Attack increased by *; Special Attack reduced by *)

Type: Fighting
    Fighting: Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions of throwing/grappling moves. Superior reaction time in close quarters.

Abilities:

Steadfast: Type: Innate

If this Pokemon is flinched, it becomes aware of the speed difference and increases speed by one (1) stage to make up the difference. This speed boost is maintained at the end of each round.

Inner Focus: Type: Innate

When an opponent attempts to flinch this Pokemon, it stands firm and continues its attack. If it has another ability that would be activated by flinching, that ability activates.

Prankster (DW): Type: Innate

The Pokemon is always prepared for engaging in sneaky tactics and trickery, giving its non-damaging attacks an increase in priority level.

Stats:

Atk: Rank 4 (+)
    Def: Rank 2
    SpA: Rank 1 (-)
    Spe: 60

EC: 0/6

Attacks:

Quick Attack(*)
    Foresight(*)
    Endure(*)
    Counter(*)
    Force Palm(*)
    Feint(*)
    Reversal(*)
    Screech(*)

Cross Chop(*)
    Blaze Kick(*)
    Detect(*)

Rock Slide(*)
    Frustration(*)
    Earthquake(*)

Inferno the Chimchar (open)

[​IMG]
    Chimchar(*) Inferno (M)

Nature: Hasty (Multiples Base Speed by 1.15 and provides a 15% flat accuracy boost on all attacks. This accuracy boost is added to their Dodge Command chance; Subtracts One (1) Rank from Defense)

Type: Fire
    Fire: Fire STAB; immune to burn, 50% reduction in freeze chance, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Superior senses in volcanic or brushfire areas..

Abilities:

Blaze: Type: Innate

When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33%, the base damage of any fire attack is increased by two (2). (eg Flamethrower goes from 10 to 12, Fire Blast from 12 to 14)

Iron Fist (DW): Type: Innate

The Base Attack Power of this Pokemon’s “Punch” attacks is increased by two (2). (Known attacks effected: Bullet Punch, Comet Punch, Dizzy Punch, Drain Punch, Dynamicpunch, Fire Punch, Focus Punch, Hammer Arm, Ice Punch, Mach Punch, Mega Punch, Meteor Mash, Shadow Punch, Sky Uppercut, Thunderpunch)

Stats:

Atk: Rank 3
    Def: Rank 1 (-)
    SpA: Rank 3
    Spe: 71 (61 x 1.15^) (+)

EC: 0/9

Attacks:

Scratch(*)
    Leer(*)
    Ember(*)
    Taunt(*)
    Fury Swipes(*)
    Flame Wheel(*)
    Nasty Plot(*)
    Torment(*)

Thunderpunch(*)
    Focus Punch(*)
    Double Kick(*)

Protect(*)
    Grass Knot(*)
    Fire Blast(*)

Pippy's Team:
    Surprises the Eevee (open)

[​IMG]
    (Eevee)*Surprises (F)
    Nature: Naive (Multiples Base Speed by 1.15 and provides a flat accuracy boost on all attacks equal to its new Base Speed squared, then divided based on its evolution. Subtracts One Rank from Special Defense)

Type:
    Normal: Normal STAB; adapt comfortably to any surrounding after 3 actions. Able to use Outrage without losing focus.

Stats:
    Atk: Rank 2
    SpD: Rank 2 (-)
    Spe: 64 (55X1.15^)

EC:3/6
    MC:4
    DC:2/5

Abilities:
    Run Away: (Innate) This Pokemon is quick on its feet and can evade any traps in an arena. Run Away does not allow the Pokemon to escape from trapping moves or abilities, however it can escape other situational trapping strategies in battle.
    Adaptibility: (Innate) The moves that match this Pokemon’s type have their Base Attack Power increased by two
    Anticipation (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon is better at sensing dangerous attacks, and reduced the Base Attack Power from super-effective attacks, Selfdestruct, and Explosion and explosion for two.

Attacks:
    Helping Hand*
    Tackle*
    Tail Whip*
    Sand-Attack*
    Growl*
    Quick Attack*
    Covet*
    Detect*
    Natural Gift*
    Retaliate*
    Attract*
    Dig*

Ukelele the Pikachu (open)

[​IMG]
    (Pikachu)* Ukelele (M)
    Nature:Naive (Multiples Base Speed by 1.15 and provides a flat accuracy boost on all attacks equal to its new Base Speed squared, then divided based on its evolution. Subtracts One Rank from Special Defense)

Type:
    Electric: Electric STAB; 50% reduction in paralysis chance from other electrical attacks, perfect accuracy and 30% chance of Protect breaking Thunder during Rain. Superior senses in power plant environments.

Stats:
    SpD: Rank 1 (-)
    Spd: 104 (90X1.15^)

EC:5/9
    MC:2
    DC:4/5

Abilities:
    Static: (Innate) This Pokemon’s body is surrounded by an electric field that has a 30% chance of paralyzing opponents that use contact moves on this Pokemon.
    Lightning Rod (DW): (Innate) These Pokemon naturally attract electricity to themselves and away from partners in double battles. When struck with an Electric attack, they tranfer the energy into their body, using it to increase their Special Attack by one stage. This boost is maintained at the end of each round.

Attacks:
    Charm*
    ThunderShock*
    Tail Whip*
    Thunder Wave*
    Sweet Kiss*
    Nasty Plot*
    Charge*
    Fake Out*
    Wish*
    Thunderbolt*
    Volt Switch*
    Grass Knot*
    Thunder
    Volt Tackle

Rocky the Onix (open)

[​IMG]
    (Onix) Rocky (M)
    Nature: Careful (Adds One Rank to Special Defense; Subtracts One Rank From Special Attack)

Type:
    Rock: Rock STAB; Take 2 less damage from all special attacks during Sandstorm. Able to use Sand Tomb without losing focus.
    Ground: Ground STAB; Immune to all electrical attacks, can Dig through almost any substance, Evasive Digging reduced from 3 per action Energy Cost to 2 per action, superior senses in darkened cave surroundings.

Stats:
    Def: Rank 6
    SpA: Rank 1 (-)
    SpD: Rank 3 (+)
    Spe: 70

EC:3/6
    MC:2
    DC:2/5

Abilities:
    Rock Head: (Innate) This Pokemon’s hard body prevents it from taking recoil damage from moves such as Double-Edge, Flare Blitz, and Head Smash.
    Sturdy: (Innate) This Pokemon’s body is solidly constructed, reducing the Base Attack Power from an opponents incoming attacks by one. The effect is amplified on OHKO Moves, which are reduced by ten Base Attack Power.
    Weak Armor (DW): (Can Be Enabled) The Pokemon can loosen its worn defensive armor so that it will break off when an opponent uses a contact attack, reducing the Pokemon's Defense and increasing their Speed by one stage for each hit.

Attacks:
    Bind
    Harden
    Mud Sport
    Tackle
    Screech
    Rock Throw
    Rage
    Rock Tomb
    Smack Down
    Sandstorm
    Stealth Rock
    Flail
    Rock Climb
    Roar
    Earthquake
    Stone Edge
    Dig

A Good luck and have fun for the competitors!
  2. nEsp

nEsp

Good luck little bird, etc.

Let's do this!

Go, Inferno the Chimchar!
  3. Pippy

Pippy

Well in that case I'll go with Rocky.

Let's go offensive right off the bat with Earthquake, Stone Edge, and then another Earthquake. If he uses Grass Knot, use Dig instead to avoid it.
  4. nEsp

nEsp

I find it strange if a pokémon that is slower can avoid a move by using another move before said move is taken into effect. Shouldn't dig go after grass knot, seeing that my little monkey here have one more speed point then the stone snake.

If the Onix cannot evade the grass knot, Inferno, I want you to hit it with one. Then, to avoid the incoming stones, I'd like you to use the move protect, in order to defend yourself from them. Last, I want you to hit it hard with a grass knot, once more.

It the snake somehow would be able to evade your grass knot by digging, I want you to use double kick, protect and then one more double kick.

In short:

-If Rocky wouldn't be able to evade your grass knot attack:
    Grass Knot -> Protect -> Grass Knot

-If the Onix would be able to evade by digging, however illogical:
    Double Kick -> Protect -> Double Kick
  5. Maxim

Maxim

Hello, just posting to say that I sent in my reffing to Its a Random

Also, I'll be tied up for the next few days, at least until Saturday, but i'll get the reffing in on Sunday at the latest.

Sorry for the inconvience
  6. Maxim

Maxim

Well, I'm back now, let's do this reffing!

I talked with the guys on IRC, and they said that no, evasive digging doesn't work if the pokemon using it is slower, tough luck Pippy.

Team nEsp:
    [​IMG]
    Inferno (Chimchar)
    Health: 90
    Energy: 100
    Speed: 71
    Boosts/Drops: 0
    Moves: Grass Knot~Protect~Grass Knot

Team Pippy:
    [​IMG]
    Rocky (Onix) [Obtained through trade in HG/SS :P]
    Speed: 70
    Moves: Earthquake~Stone Edge~Earthquake

Round 1: Blitzkrieg Tactics

AND WE'RE OFF!

Both Pokemon seem charged and ready for battle. Inferno starts off by grabbing some nearby grass and using it as a powerful Grass Knot which topples Rocky. Undaunted by this hit, Rocky decides to let off an seismic wave, it's like an Earthquake in here!

Despite both being hit super effectively, they still seem ready to go. Inferno looks like he's expecting something from Rocky, so he puts up a green shield to Protect itself from Rocky's expected assault. Rocky, not too worried about the shield, uses some of the loose rocks from his body to send a Stone Edge at Inferno, but the rocks bounce right off!

Glad that everything is going to plan, Inferno launches yet another Knot made of Grass at the lumbering beast. A little shaken, but still alive, Rocky decides to launch another Earthquake at Inferno.

How will the pokemon fare in this heated battle, and which pokemon will crack first? Stay tuned for the next round.

Calculations (open)

ACTION ONE
    Chimchar's Grass Knot= 12 (Onix's Weight is above 440 lbs)+((3-3)*1.5)*2.25=12*2.25 (4x Super Effective)=27 Damage, Chimchar uses 6 Energy.
    Onix's Earthquake=10+3 (STAB)+1.5 ((3-2)*1.5)*1.5 (2x Super Effective)=21.75, rounded up to 22 damage, Onix uses 7-1=6 Energy.
    ---
    ACTION TWO
    Chimchar's Protect: Success, Chimchar uses 7+(22/3)= 7+7=14 Energy
    Onix's Stone Edge= Blocked, (Would do 10+3+1.5*1.5=21.75, rounded to 22 damage), Onix uses 7-1=6 Energy
    ---
    ACTION THREE
    Chimchar's Grass Knot= 12+((3-3)*1.5)*2.25=12*2.25=27 Damage, Chimchar uses 6 Energy.
    Onix's Earthquake=10+3+1.5 ((3-2)*1.5)*1.5=21.75, rounded up to 22 damage, Onix uses 7-1=6 Energy.

End result:
    nEsp's Team:
    [​IMG]
    Inferno (Chimchar)
    Health: 46
    Energy: 74

Team Pippy:
    [​IMG]
    Rocky (Onix)
    Health: 36
    Energy: 82
  7. nEsp

nEsp

Very well done, Inferno, we're winning this battle! We have him under pressure now, and we'll be sure to take advantage of that!

The grass knot did wonders last round, so give that snake some more of them. Even though it will exhaust you, I'm adamant that they'll exhaust Rocky more.

Grass Knot -> Grass Knot -> Grass Knot
  8. Pippy

Pippy

Alright Rocky let's go out with a FLAIL!!! Just keep on flailing until your KOd.
  9. Maxim

Maxim

nEsp's Team:
    [​IMG]
    Inferno (Chimchar)
    Health: 46
    Energy: 74

Team Pippy:
    [​IMG]
    Rocky (Onix)
    Health: 36
    Energy: 82

Round 2: A Desperate Struggle

Well, this battle is just getting warmed up, and there's already the unmistakable scent of death (or at least ko) in the air.

Inferno, seeing that it's tactics have left it at an advantage, uses yet another Grass Knot to topple Rocky. Rocky looks like it is on its last legs as it goes for a desperate Flail. Strangely enough though, it seemed to do even less damage than the seismic waves it was using earlier. Still, it did decent damage to the Chimchar.

A close look at Inferno reveals that he's ready to finally finish this snake off, and goes for a Grass Knot that topples Rocky for the last time, Rocky has been Knocked Out.
    Calculations (open)

Action One
    Chimchar used Grass Knot=no crit
    (12+(3-3)*1.5)*2.25=12*2.25=
    [27 Damage][-10 EN]
    Onix used Flail=no crit
    15+(2-1)*1.5=15+1.5=16.5 rounded to
    [17 Damage] [-10 Energy]

Action Two
    Chimchar used Grass Knot=no crit
    (12+(3-3)*1.5)*2.25=12*2.25=
    [9 Damage][-14 EN]
    Onix has been Defeated

Team nEsp:
    [​IMG]
    Inferno (Chimchar)
    Health: 29
    Energy: 50

Team Pippy:
    [​IMG]
    Rocky (Onix)
    Health: KO

Well, it looks like nEsp has opened up the match with a commanding lead. However, there's still a chance for Pippy. Who knows what will happen next?
  10. Pippy

Pippy

Alright, let's go Ukelele!

Just spam Thunderbolt until he's down.
  11. nEsp

nEsp

Great job Inferno! And you've still got some energy left to fight, let's use it to put a dent in that electric mouse before going down!

Protect yourself against the first of his attacks, trying to stall some of his energy. Then, I want you to hit him for some damage with a Fire Blast. If that doesn't damage it, I don't know what will. I mean, you should have your Blaze ability active by then. Finally, use Protect once more. Stalling is good.

Summary:

Protect -> Fire Blast -> Protect
  12. Maxim

Maxim

Team nEsp:
    [​IMG]
    Inferno (Chimchar)
    Health: 29
    Energy: 50

Team Pippy:
    [​IMG]
    Pikachu (Ukelele)
    Energy:100
    Speed: 104

Round 3: Retribution

As the gigantic rock snake crumbles to the ground, he is just as soon replaced by, ironically, a cute yellow rodent who seems really angry that Chimchar demolished his buddy.

Clearly seeing the look of hatred in Pikachu's eyes, Chimchar casts a green shield around himself to protect himself. Good thing too, because Pikachu launches a BOLT OF DIVINE RETRIBUTION! Actually, just a thunderbolt, but it bounces off the shield.

A little dismayed at his useless thunderbolt, Pikachu nevertheless decides to launch another bolt of thunder to hopefully hit this time. It does, but the Chimchar is still standing, and launches a massive star-shaped fire blast at the rodent which also seems to have been boosted by Blaze. It connects, and that had to hurt, but Pikachu is far from finished.

As the battle heats up, Chimchar evokes the phrase "the best offense is the best defense" and uses another green shield to protect itself. Pikachu apparently hasn't learned that green shield+thunderbolt=0 and launches yet another thunderbolt at the chimp, but it bounces off yet again.

Chimchar is definitely on its last legs, but his stalling tactics have forced Pikachu to expend a lot of energy for nothing. However, while nEsp has the advantage, this battle is just getting warmed up.

Calculations (open)

Action One:
    Chimchar used Protect [7+(13/3)=11]
    [-11 Energy]

Pikachu used Thunderbolt=Nil
    [-6 Energy]

Action Two:
    Pikachu used Thunderbolt [10+3+(0*1.5)=13 Damage]
    [13 Damage] [-10 Energy]

Chimchar used Fire Blast=Hit [14+3+(3-1)*1.5=15+3=20 Damage]
    [20 Damage] [-7 Energy]

Action Three:
    Chimchar used Protect
    [-11 Energy]

Pikachu used Thunderbolt=Nil
    [-14 Energy]

Team nEsp:
    [​IMG]
    Inferno (Chimchar)
    Health: 16
    Energy: 21

Team Pippy:
    [​IMG]
    Pikachu (Ukelele)
    Health: 70
    Energy:70

EDIT: Whoops, I completely forgot about Blaze, fixed
  13. nEsp

nEsp

You did a very good job Inferno, both downing the Onix and weakening the Pikachu, but it's time for you to rest now.

However, you have still got time and energy left to hit it with a fire blast. Here, we cannto protect unless we want him to regain health from a wish, so let's just focus punch, in order to force an offensive. By the end of that action, you should have fainted, but if some miracle appears, I want you to take advantage of said miracle and fire off another fire blast at that mouse.

In short:

Fire Blast -> Focus Punch -> Fire Blast
  14. Pippy

Pippy

kill...that...stupid...MONKEY!!! Wish, Thunderbolt, Thunderbolt!!!
  15. Maxim

Maxim

Team nEsp:
    [​IMG]
    Inferno (Chimchar)
    Health: 16
    Energy: 21

Team Pippy:
    [​IMG]
    Pikachu (Ukelele)
    Health: 70
    Energy:70

Round 4: That Chimp's going DOWN!

Well, the title says it all, Inferno does not look like he's going to live after this round.

Immensely Frustrated at Inferno's stalling tactics, Ukelele nevertheless decides to obey its trainer and wishes its opponent good luck...Wait, that's just a wish to keep it's own health up, nevermind. Not really knowing what his opponent is up to, Inferno decides to use a Blaze boosted fire blast on the Pikachu. While it looks hurt, Ukelele is still alive and kicking.

For his next approach, Inferno decides to take a gamble and takes the time to wind up an attack. But Ukelele is not going to take it and unleashes a fearsome thunderbolt. Unfortunately for Inferno, that makes him lose his concentration and he is unable to focus punch Ukelele.

Ukelele has finally decided that he's had enough of this, and finishes off Inferno with yet another thunderbolt.

Well, the score is now even, but with Ukelele low on energy and hurting from those fire blasts, Pippy is still going to need some quick thinking to pull a victory.
    Calculations (open)

Action One
    Pikachu used Wish=A wish was made
    [-17 Energy]

Chimchar used Fire Blast=Hit
    [20 Damage] [-7 Energy]

Action Two
    Chimchar winds up a Focus Punch

Pikachu used Thunderbolt
    [13 Damage] [-6 Energy]

Chimchar lost focus
    [-9 Energy]

Action Three
    Pikachu used Thunderbolt
    [3 Damage] [-10 Energy]

Chimchar was knocked out!

Team nEsp:
    [​IMG]
    Inferno (Chimchar)
    Health: KO

Team Pippy:
    [​IMG]
    Pikachu (Ukelele)
    Health: 50
    Energy:37
  16. nEsp

nEsp

Again, you did a very good job in supporting the team, Inferno.

Now it's your time to shine, Cottonee!

[​IMG]
  17. Maxim

Maxim

Erm, Pippy, it's getting close to the DQ time...
  18. Pippy

Pippy

Sorry guys, didn't have Internet.

This isn't good Ukelele. We need some Energy, so first Chill. Then use Nasty Plot so we can actually do some damage. Finish with Thunder.
  19. nEsp

nEsp

Heh, Cottonee, if I'm not wrong taunt works on chills. So taunt him, using your prankster ability to cause him to lose focus before he even attempt to do anything. Then, let's start sapping some health with a leach seed, followed by a substitute (15HP). You know, that Pikachu might get angry, or something, so we should have some protection up. But as long as things go the way they should go, I bet that we'll see a KO in a not so distant future.

In short:

Taunt->Leach Seed->Substitute(15HP)
  20. Maxim

Maxim

Team nEsp:
    [​IMG]
    Cottonee
    Speed: 66

Team Pippy:
    [​IMG]
    Pikachu (Ukelele)
    Health: 50
    Energy:37

Round 5: Annoyances of Doom

Well folks, it's been an exciting battle so far, and now we're in the middle stages of this battle, who will win is anybodies guess.

Anyway, Cottonee would normally be slower, but due to her Prankster ability, she uses a blindingly fast taunt on the Pikachu. Ukelele, already angry at how long Inferno took to die, became infuriated at Cottonee, and was unable to calm down or chill.

Cottonee is not letting up, and continues the harassment with a Leech Seed which hits with ease and starts slowly draining out the life of Ukelele. Ukelele on the other hand was ordered by his trainer to come up with a nasty plot, but is too distressed to do anything.

Cottonee is still setting up on poor old Ukelele, and makes a sub from some of it's cotton, it is not too sturdy, but should get the job done. Ukelele decides he's had enough shenanigans and launches a powerful Thunder, or at least it would be powerful if it didn't miss! Yeesh, Pippy is having no luck today is he.

After this, a small orb comes down from the sky, it's Ukelele's Wish from the previous round.

Cottonee's antics have gotten it into a nice solid position while Pikachu is getting whittled down to nothing.
    Calculations (open)

Action One
    Cottonee used Taunt=Pikachu was taunted for 6 actions
    [-10 Energy]

Pikachu used Chill=Nil due to taunt

Action Two
    Cottonee used Leech Seed=(if <=10 then miss) [94]=Hit
    Pikachu was seeded.
    [-10 Energy]

Pikachu used Nasty Plot=Nil due to taunt
    [-7 Energy]

Pikachu lost 3 HP due to leech seed
    Pikachu [-3 HP] Cottonee [Full HP]

Action Three
    Cottonee used 15 HP Substitute=Sub was formed
    [-12 Energy]

Pikachu used Thunder
    If less than 30, then miss=5=Miss
    [-8 Energy]

Pikachu lost 3 HP due to leech seed
    Pikachu [-3 HP] Cottonee [+3 HP]

Pikachu recieved wish [+20 HP]

Team nEsp:
    [​IMG]
    Cottonee
    Health: 78
    Energy: 68

Team Pippy:
    [​IMG]
    Pikachu (Ukelele)
    Health: 64
    Energy:22
    Status: ****************** [Taunted for 3 actions] [Leech seeded for 4 actions]
  21. nEsp

nEsp

Minor nitpick Maxim, shouldn't Cottonee have a sub(15HP) as well as only 75HP? Just saying...

Well, Cottonee, with that awesome luck last round, and seeing that he's soon out of energy, let's stall him until he faints. Begin with a Chill, because we'll have to have some energy to use for substitutes later. Next, drain some health with a Mega Drain, and follow it up with a Chill. Oh, and if that substitute at any point would have been destroyed, replace it with a new one of fifteen hitpoints.

In short:

Chill->Mega Drain->Chill

If Cottonee doesn't have a substitute at the beginning of any action, use Substitute(15HP).

P.S. Was that wish last round a wish for health, or just a good luck-wish? It hasn't recovered any health for that rodent. No, I'm not complaining, but I want it to be a fair fight...
  22. Pippy

Pippy

KILL HIM!!!! THUNDER, THUNDERBOLT, THUNDER!!!

PS. You did forget about Cottonee's health being at 75 and Ukelele's wish.
  23. Maxim

Maxim

Oh yeah....doh! Fixed.

Dang it, forgot that too. Fixed as well

Anyhow, the next round may take a little longer to put up due to Its a Random being gone for a few days, shouldn't take too long though.

Edit: looks like i forgot the leech seed too, gosh dang it.
  24. Maxim

Maxim

Team nEsp:
    [​IMG]
    Cottonee
    Energy: 68
    Actions: Chill~Mega Drain~Chill
    [use 15 hp sub if no sub is present]

Team Pippy:
    [​IMG]
    Pikachu (Ukelele)
    Health: 64
    Energy:22
    Status: ****************** [Taunted for 3 actions] [Leech seeded for 4 actions]
    Actions: Thunder~Thunderbolt~Thunder

Round 6: Exhaustion

Welcome back folks to another round of this intense match. Pippy, sadly, has fallen behind due to both hax and the opponent. However, don't count this trainer out yet!

Ukelele starts off this round by unleashing a devastating Thunder, which takes a decent chunk off of the substitute, but due to the resistance, was unable to. Cottonee on the other hand, decides to chill so that it can perform more trickery later in the match. However, the leech seeds on Ukelele drain even more of his HP.

At this point, Ukelele uses a Thunderbolt to finish off that substitute, and finish the sub it does. The substitute burns up in flames after the cotton stored a bit too much static electricity, wierd. Anyway, Cottonee uses a Mega Drain to recover some health while diminishing Ukelele's Health. Speaking of which, the Leech Seeds continue to suck away at what little strength Ukelele has left!

Cottonee, remembering his trainers words about his substitute, sets up another cotton phony of himself. This is really starting to get on Ukelele's nerves, as he fires another Thunder at the substitute, but again, the sub remains standing strong. The leech seeds continue to eat away at Ukelele. Thankfully, he'll only have to endure this for one more action, at least for now.

The Pikachu seems to have calmed down from that earlier taunt, and can now use non-attacking moves.

Well, there's not much to say here that hasn't already been said, Ukelele has to chill this round or there's no tomorrow for him!

Calculations (open)

Action One
    Ukelele used Thunder
    To Hit: [30<=Miss]=97=HIT
    To Paralyze:Nil due to sub
    To Crit: [=1 Yes]=15=NO
    Damage: (12+3*.67)=10.05=10 Damage
    Sub Took the hit!
    [10 Damage] [-7 Energy]

Cottonee Chilled!
    [+12 Energy]

Leech Seed
    [-3 HP for Pikachu] [+3 HP for Cottonee]

Action Two
    Ukelele used Thunderbolt
    To Paralyze: Nil due to sub
    To Crit: [=1 Yes]=6=NO
    Damage: (10+3*.67)=8.71=9 Damage
    Sub faded
    [5 Damage] [-6 Energy]

Cottonee used Mega Drain
    To Crit: [=1 Yes]=7=NO
    Damage: (6+3+(2-1)*1.5)=9+1.5=10.5=11 Damage
    [11 Damage] [-8 Energy]
    Healed: [11/2]=5.5=6 HP
    [+6 HP for Cottonee]

Leech Seed
    [-3 HP Pikachu] [+3 HP Cottonee]

Action Three
    Cottonee used 15 HP Substitute.
    [Transfer 15 HP] [-12 Energy]

Ukelele used Thunder
    To Hit: [30<=Miss]=86=HIT
    To Paralyze: Nil due to Substitute
    To Crit: [=1 Yes]=6=NO
    Damage: 10 Damage
    The Sub took the hit!
    [10 Damage] [-7 Energy]

Leech Seed
    [-3 HP Pikachu] [+3 HP Cottonee]

The Taunt wore off!

Team nEsp:
    [​IMG]
    Cottonee
    Energy: 62

Team Pippy:
    [​IMG]
    Pikachu (Ukelele)
    Health: 44
    Energy:2
  25. Pippy

Pippy

Chill, chill, chill.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)