4th Gen Rate my Team :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without further ado, here is my current team for D/P/Pt. The intended goal of the team is 1 vs 1, with certain moves being able to be used in a 2 vs. 2 setting. Each Pokemon is intended to stand well enough on it own so that no one Pokemon ends up fainted in a battle without reason.
EDIT: I have tested this team a number of times on Platinum's Battle Tower and the various settings of PBR and it's wifi matches. :P

1. Spiritomb @Quick Claw
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 246 HP/ 6 Def/ 6 SpA/ 6 SpD/ 246 Spe
Nature: Timid
Move 1: Hypnosis
Move 2: Dream Eater
Move 3: Dark Pulse
Move 4: Water Pulse
This lead has its obvious advantages. Spiritomb has a number of type immunities and no type weaknesses. The move combo of hypnosis/dream eater is intended to not only inflict a status condition on the opponent with my first pokemon, but also restore the health of spiritomb if the need arises. Water Pulse, while seemingly odd, is intended to counter any grass or similar type threats to my other pokemon in team settings.

2. Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 100 HP/ 225 Def/ 10 SpA/ 105 SpD/ 70 Spe
Nature: Bold
Move 1: Blizzard
Move 2: SolarBeam
Move 3: Softboiled
Move 4: Thunder
Blissey is intended to greatly stall the opponent, being a mixed wall of HP and the defenses. The three elemental moves are intended to counter elemental typed pokemon, and can be used in team situations. Softboiled and Leftovers can be quite frustrating to the opponent as they both replenish Blissey's health greatly.

3. Salamence @ Wise Glasses
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 6 At/ 252 SpA/ 174 SpD/ 78 Spe
Nature: Naive
Move 1: Draco Meteor
Move 2: Outrage
Move 3: Hyper Beam
Move 4: Fire Blast
Salamence is intended to finish off the opponent if the prior two pokemon are fainted in a three pokemon limit setting. In this case, Draco Meteor is quite good as a lead move because of its type advantages, which can then be followed up by Outrage because of the decreased SpA. Hyper Beam is overall a very powerful move. Fire Blast is intended to counter threats from the Ice Type, as well as be an elemental typed move good for team settings.

4. Drifblim @ Big Root
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 6 HP/ 234 Def/ 20 SpA/ 230 SpD/ 20 Spe
Move 1: Hypnosis
Move 2: Dream Eater
Move 3: Fly
Move 4: Thunder
Drifblim is intended to both stall the opponent while utilizing the hypnosis/dream eater move combo mentioned earlier, now enhanced with the Big Root which allows Drifblim to have a greater amount of HP received from the move set. Thunder is an elemental move used for team settings to offset others' team weaknesses, as well as providing a good attack against a number of types. Fly is obviously strictly for HM purposes.

5. Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 8 Hp/ 25 Def/ 200 SpA/ 25 SpD/ 252 Spe
Move 1: Wish
Move 2: Surf
Move 3: Hydro Pump
Move 4: Blizzard
Vaporeon is a well-rounded pokemon with good HM use in Surf. Hydro Pump is a very good water-type move. Blizzard is intended to offset the weakness to grass and provide a very good attack against Dragon pokemon.

6. Metagross @ Expert Belt
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 80 Hp/ 100 Att/ 252 SpA/ 78 Spe
Nature: Quiet
Move 1: Meteor Mash
Move 2: Psychic
Move 3: Earthquake
Move 4: Grass Knot
This pokemon is intended to take advantage of its attack and Special Attack stats. Meteor Mash is an obvious choice in regards to Metagross, and Grass Knot is intended to dismantle pokemon of the water and ground types.

Salamence is an uber. If this is meant to be an OU team (which your title claims), you have to get rid of it. If this is meant to be an Ubers team, it won't last a full minute.

Aside from that, there are huge problems with this team. The only two pokemon who are even close to useable with their current moves are Vaporeon and Metagross, and they still need some work. This team needs a complete overhaul, testing in a competitive (NOT in-game) environment, and better descriptions, or it's going to be locked.

Salamence isn't allowed in the 4th Gen OU tier and some of your Pokemon's descriptions require work. Check out the RMT Archive to see the kind of detail we look for. PM me with these changes and this thread will get unlocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)