4v4 Doubles Metagame Discussion Thread

ethan06 that core seems really intresting. I'v always tried to find a way for mega heracross to work in doubles as it is my favorite mega but i couldn't find a way to do so. i also completly forgot that talon learns tailwind. #ReignOfHeracross

ethan06 that core seems really intresting. I'v always tried to find a way for mega heracross to work in doubles as it is my favorite mega but i couldn't find a way to do so. i also completly forgot that talon learns tailwind. #ReignOfHeracross
You could eventually try this Heracross set for Doubles:
Heracross (M) @ Heracronite
Ability: Guts
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Atk / 52 Def / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Protect

Description: This is a somewhat classic Mega Heracross set, just that giving up that Substitute or Swords Dance that had in singles for Protect. Close Combat is Heracross' main STAB, and allows him to pick Pokémon such as Mega Kangaskhan, Heatran and Ferrothorn rather easily. Pin Missile is his secondary STAB, and the strongest one, that takes care of strong Psychic-Type Pokémon such as Slowbro, Cresselia and Alakazam. Rock Blast is Heracross' coverage move that takes care of Flying Pokémon such as Mega Pinsir and Zapdos, as well of Fire-Types like Talonflame and Charizard.
The EV Spread above give M-Heracross enough bulk to survive Mega Kangaskhan Fake Out+Return combination, take a 0 SpA invested Hyper Voice from Sylveon, and it let Heracross outspeed mons such as Greninja, Alakazam and Mega Manectric after the Tailwind bonus. It gives some of his power for bulk, but it still hits a total attack of 240, letting him KO Mons such as Mega Charizard X and 2HKO Mega Salamence and Mega Mawile after the intimidate.

Partner Options:
1) Whisimcott: Prankster Memento, Tailwind, Leech Seed and Stun Spore. Best Support for Mega Heracross, letting him to get rid of threats like Mawile a lot easier.
2) Zapdos: Zapdos takes care of most Flying-Type Pokémon such as Talonflame and Charizard
3) Garchomp: Pretty similar to Zapdos, gets rid of fast Flying and Fire Types.
4) Terrakion: This one actually surprises me a lot, but i'm pretty sure it's because its speed that allows him to get rid of fast Flying and Fire Types.
5) Talonflame: Pretty sure they have reccomended this one a little while ago, pretty much this mon works better if you need offensive presence. Takes care of Mega Pinsir and other Talonflames too.
6) Dragonite: Bulky and powerful, this guy and Heracross work pretty well together, because Heracross can take care of most threats to Dragonite and leave him some chances to setup some DD.
7) Greninja: Gets rid of Fire Types and has a lot of speed
8) Amoonguss: I personally don't like this one, because it has the same weaknesses than Heracross, but Spore is always useful, isn't it?
9) Aegislash: The Sacred Shield can take care of most of Flying-Types in the metagame, and it's incredibily useful to check Mega Pinsir.

That's it. If you detect some sort of trouble with my analysis, you can tell me what's wrong with this set and i'll fix it. Catch ya later!

43VG-WWW-WWWJ-GWY4

I'm still new at XY Doubles, how you guys deal with this? (to sum it up, evasion spam + Psych Up). I've figured they couldn't hurt my Aegislash and would struggle first so I stalled (both for turns and irl time) until they gave up, but I'd rather not resort to this.

Aside from those four I also had standard Amoongus and Choice Scarf Gardevoir (Dazzling Gleam/Grass Knot/Psyshock/Thunderbolt).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)