5/9/2009 ultimatedra's Pokemon VGC Tourny Report

Status
Not open for further replies.
ultim, did you come to San Francisco?
I don't think you did, did you? If so, do you have any pictures?

This is why I won't be going to any VGC Matches, too many people, too little chance to get in.
Plus my team would absolutely suck.

This is why I won't be going to any VGC Matches, too many people, too little chance to get in.
Plus my team would absolutely suck.
To each their own. those of us who take the time to go out to these, we have the chance to win trips and prizes. 14+ hours for seattle, 10 hours for San Fransisco, and 8-9 hours for Phoenix.

Some people love the game more than others :-p

To each their own. those of us who take the time to go out to these, we have the chance to win trips and prizes. 14+ hours for seattle, 10 hours for San Fransisco, and 8-9 hours for Phoenix.

Some people love the game more than others :-p
Or, somehow have the excess cash to spare in a down economy...I mean, most of us I think would be more than happy to travel from regional to regional to try to win, but most of us can't afford such an expense. Plus, you have to admit the trade-off is a bit ridiculous to justify also: $300+ in gas money to drive from wherever you are to Seattle just for (likely) under a 50% chance of competing to win a $300 travel voucher to nationals (or if you get lucky, paid accommodations with 1st or 2nd)? I mean seriously, why not cut the fat and just book your hotel and plane tickets to Nationals then?

Or, somehow have the excess cash to spare in a down economy...I mean, most of us I think would be more than happy to travel from regional to regional to try to win, but most of us can't afford such an expense. Plus, you have to admit the trade-off is a bit ridiculous to justify also: $300+ in gas money to drive from wherever you are to Seattle just for (likely) under a 50% chance of competing to win a $300 travel voucher to nationals (or if you get lucky, paid accommodations with 1st or 2nd)? I mean seriously, why not cut the fat and just book your hotel and plane tickets to Nationals then?
You also go for the love of the game, and being with friends who love the game as much as you. Road trips with friends, traveling, and seeing the country is the main part. pokemon is just our excuse for doing so.

and yes-Money in a down economy is a plus :-P

It's all part of the experience going to these regional stops. If you stay for the entire thing and have friends that are competing, it makes it even more fun. If I could, I'd totally go to more, but I don't have the money at the moment.

You also go for the love of the game, and being with friends who love the game as much as you. Road trips with friends, traveling, and seeing the country is the main part. pokemon is just our excuse for doing so.

and yes-Money in a down economy is a plus :-P
Lol, yeah all the reasons for doing it is nice and whatnot, but again, it comes down to money - if you don't have money, you can't go.

I had horrible luck at my tournaments too. My magnezone missed with thunder against his piplup, when he eventually ko'ed me with bubble. Got knocked out in the first round. (That was a few years ago.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)