5G Team, Help out...

I need a list of possible threats... Stay away from legendaries please - Prophyte

Ninjask - Focus Sash/Bug Gem
Ability: Speed Boost
Nature: Adamant (Attack+, Sp. Attack-)
Evs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Hp
- Agility
- Baton Pass
- X-Scissor
- Protect​

Ninjask is obviously my baton passer on this team. To explain the use of agility over sword dance, it prevents my opponent from having time to set up against me as i try and pass speed. I consider his use hit or miss, either I pass on massive speed boost or I use him to swing with STAB X-Scissor. As for the items, Focus Sash helps me pull off the baton pass with a bit more ease, but weather and priority moves are so common it almost renders it pointless on a passer, but Bug gem, I've test run and it hits rather hard on some common walls, Ferrothorn, Metagross, Blissey, and every other wall that it hits for normal damage.

Yanmega - Big Root/Wise Glasses
Ability: Speed Boost
Nature: Modest (Sp.Attack+, Attack-)
Evs: 252 Sp.Attack, 132 Defense, 126 Speed
- Detect
- Ancient Power/Hp Rock
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain​

Now I know what you may be thinking why have another poke of the same type as another, but I have replacements for Ninjask as I don't always try and pass. Yanmega is one of the best special attackers I know, with tinted lens its amazing but I ran speed boost to see if I can get it to sweep without set up from Ninjask, as I won't always have him, plus it would be horrible to pass to Yanmega, as they both have the same weaknesses. My idea is that once Yanmega starts rolling it'll be hard to take down, the defense evs are to help insure no priority moves put me down, as the only ones I know of are all physical besides Vacuum Wave. Now, to explain the items, wise glasses provides a 10% boost to all of his attacking moves, which isn't a bad touch and works prevent those lucky "I have 1-30 HP left" moments for your opponent. As for Big root, that is so giga drain restores more of my hp, because even though priority shouldn't kill Yanmega, there are still crits that may finish remaining hp if lucky. So that's about it on Yanmega.

Escavalier(x2) - Occa Berry/Metranome
Ability: Shell Armor
Nature: Jolly (Speed+, Sp.Attack-) & Adament (Attack+, Sp.Attack-)
Evs: Jolly one, 200 Defense & Sp.Defense, 110 Speed
Adament one, 200 Defense & Sp.Defense, 110 Attack
- Fury Cutter(Jolly)/X-Scissor(Adamant)
- Sword Dance
- Iron Head
- Substitute/Poison Jab​

Escavalier has grown on me, it has only one weakness, its defenses are amazing, to go with one silly of an attack. To explain the (x2), I have two of them FOR this team, not on. The Jolly one is for when Ninjask is on the team, making passing speed on to him a useful option, and the Adamant one for when ninjask isn't there. I think I have to explain his moveset as well, as it isn't common... Substitute is useful because It would allow me time to use sword dance and start getting fury cutter going, though im not sure if I need it with Escavalier's defenses. Now to explain why fury cutter is there, it can demolish everything after 4 uses because its base power is 160, and with that concept I have Metronome as an option, as if 10 turns even go by, the power would be a base of 320, need I say more? Now even without Metronome, 160 is deadly, so I thought about covering my pokes one weakness with the occa berry, which makes sense and I'd more then likely run. I think that that's actually it, so moving on.

Togekiss - Scope Lens
Ability: Super Luck
Nature: Modest (Sp. Attack+, Attack-)
Evs: 252 Defense, 190 Sp.Defense, 68 Sp.Attack
- Thunder Wave
- Psyshock
- Aura Sphere
- Flamethrower​

"FlyingTank" is the name of my Togekiss, as that is it's purpose. It hits at a wide range of pokes super effectively and can strike defenses with psyshock if required. Thunder wave is always great, it'll mess up my opponent and if I don't have ninjask passing to him then it makes togekiss faster in most cases. As for my item choice, I picked Scope Lens as to make the possibility for Critical hits 25% for all of my attacking moves, because I already have Super luck as my ability. As for the defensive qualities of my poke, it is just a tank, they and my poke are generally difficult to bring down.

Scrafty - Sitrus Berry/Red Card/ Big Root
Ability: Moxie
Nature: Jolly (Speed+, Sp.Attack-)
Evs: 252 Defense, 252 Sp.Defense, 4 Hp
- Dragon Dance
- Fake Out/Ice Punch
- Drain Punch
- Crunch

I'm in love with my Scrafty!! It is so wonderful, It is the switch in for most of my team, and yet it is my favorite attacker as well. On any switch in, I can use fake out, it's always bothersome and it may stop someone in there tracks, and even better, it could be a revenge kill if the opponent only has i little bit of hp left, causing moxie to kick in with little effort. Dragon dance is key, one or two of them and I usually can say I won. Drain punch is a great stab move, even forgetting that it keeps scrafty in the battle longer, and Crunch adds the coverage I need on everything. As for my items, the sitrus is so I can set up and insure i have the hp to do it, and the red card is so I can possible force them to send out a poke that wont help them bring me down, and then the big root is so i get more hp on the damage done by drain punch. I think that's plain and simple.

Blastoise - Custap Berry
Ability: Torrent
Nature: Adament (Sp.Attack-, Attack+)
Evs: 214 Attack, 148 Defense, 148 Sp.Defense
- Fake Out
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Rapid Spin​

Blastoise is great here, fake out and aqua jet make for two good for sure hits and waterfall is a great STAB move all together. Rapid spin lets me remove Entry hazards as my team would cry in pain from stealth rocks, and we can't have that. The custap berry is so i can finish whoever made the mistake of leaving me in the red, it insures i go 1st next and torrent plus STAB on waterfall should make for a good hit.

Now I have 2 alternates for my team, Shuckle and Crobat. As going into any rematch, someone would know about ninjask already.

Crobat - Fly Gem
Ability: Inner Focus
Nature: Adament (Attack+, Sp.Attack-)
- Acrobatics
- Steelwing
- Superfang
- U-turn​

Crobat here, is just a straight forward attacker. A strong acrobatics, steelwing coverage, and a U-turn escape. As for superfang, it is great for any wall, cuts it down immensely, and it also destroys Archeops, another Acrobat user who is more a sweeper with it.

Shuckle - Chesto berry
Ability: Sturdy
Nature: Bold (Defense+, Attack-)
Evs: 252 Defense, 252 Sp.Defense, 4 Hp
- Rest
- Substitute
- Power Split
- Toxic/Rock Slide​

The wall of all walls!!! Toxic is here to just stall out my opponent, substitute to stall out even longer, rest to regain health. As for Power Split, It is a major upset because with how low shuckle's attack and sp.attack are, it basically halfs the attacks of anyone i use it on, and giving it to me, which is why I am thinking about rock slide.

I was given an idea to run a Gliscor, but i'm not sure, are these good...

I came up with 3...
Gliscor can be breed to serve the exact same everything as my ninjask, literally, just no Speed Boost.

Gliscor - Fly gem/Toxic Orb
Ability: Sand Veil/Poison Heal
Nature: Jolly (Speed+, Sp.Attack-)
- Agility/Sword Dance
- Baton Pass
- Acrobatics/Earthquake (even X-Scissor if I wanted)
- Protect​

But that one above is sorta a gimmeck, just showing that it's possible...

One of the three I am serious about is this one...

Gliscor - Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Nature: Adamant(Attack+, Sp.Attack-)
Evs: 252 Defense, 252 HP, 4 Speed
- Power Trick
- Agility
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang​

The last one I thought of(and the best, imo)...

Gliscor - Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Nature: Jolly(Speed+, Sp.Attack-)
- Facade/Stealth Rocks
- Fling/Stealth Rocks
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake​

That's it, all comments and ideas are appreciated, and even more helpful is if someone could explain another way to get fury cutter to work better, I really want to run it. Thanks!!! -Prophyte

I'm confused. What is this? A team that has a pool of pokemon that switch around? If so, stealth rocks. Oris it a threat lost?

Its a team with 2 pokemon to switch in... So I don't have Ninjask as lead everytime... and then someone suggested Gliscor so I searched him up and made possible sets...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)