1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

5th Gen Borderline Side Metagame and Proposal

Discussion in 'Other Metagames' started by Oiawesome, Nov 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oiawesome

Oiawesome

~~A Not-So-Brief Introduction~~
    Hey everyone! I'd like to unveil something that has been in the works for a while now: A Teir which I call Borderline.
    As much as I love pokemon, I've never been 100% satisfied with the competitive aspect of it. I feel as if the current UU metagame is held back by the current ban list and Lackluster usage OU mons taunting UU with their almost dropping range.which forces the existence of this. Borderline aims to answer this question - if we were to completely unban sand,sun,hail,kyurem,Various low OU mons, what would be the result?
    With the power of Smogon's brilliant Player base support, my personal opinions on the metagame, and constant testing: The all of UU and Some of OU lowest mons in a metagame together, with a plethora of un bannings which aim to level the playing field for each Pokemon inside the teir.

~~Change/Teir List~~

The OU Pokemon allowed are haxorus and bellow wich are:
    Haxorus
    Hydreigon
    Duggtrio
    Latias
    Vaporeon
    Reuniclis
    Magnezone
    Keldeo
    (Lando -T has been insta banned)
    Metagross
    Deoxys-D
    Celebi
    Toxicroak
    Gastrodon
    Chansey
    Abomasnow
    Hippowdon

~~Help Needed~~
    If you see me on PS PM me if you want to help me wit the balancing with this teir I will chose 7 people to be the senate of 5Th GEN BL.

I hope I've gotten the interest of those who read this post. Have fun, and don't forget to post feedback and suggestions

Cheers. :D
  2. SMASHTERRA

SMASHTERRA

Hahahanice job making the deadest thread in other metas >:P
  3. DarkBlazeR

DarkBlazeR

I think Keldeo and Deoxys-D would be the last things I would want to see in a balanced BL metagame...
  4. Oiawesome

Oiawesome

Thank you for the in put and Ill put up a suspect voting post in this thread for a quick vote on whats broken after some testing IF YOU WANT TO TEST OR PLAY THIS METAGAMES SUSPECTS PM ME ON PS ON 4:00-6:00
  5. SMASHTERRA

SMASHTERRA

I think Reuniclip needs to be tested Magic Guard Makes him immune to stall and He can beat most of the things in this ter although PhazeingCM latiad uses him as set up fodder but under trick room he is more dangerous than any other thing on that list AND TR wacks up speed teirs so sand rush and chloryphyl pokes cant take him on as he usualycan take a hit,set up TR,And OHKO the foe the set ive been using is:

Reuniiclis @ Life Orb
    EVS:252 SpA/252 Hp/ 4 Def.
    Quiet Nature
    IVs:0 Speed
    - Trick Room
    - Psychic
    - Shadow Ball
    - Focus Blast
  6. Oiawesome

Oiawesome

Wow I was playing this yesterday and A lil bit now on PO with SMASHTERRA before this thread went up he 6HKOD Me with his TR reuniclis. and then I counter sweeped later with a CM/Refresh Latias it was a populer latios set back during the beginning of BW1 :

Latias @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 SpA|Def/252 Spe|HP/4Hp|Spe
    Modest Nature
    - Calm Mind
    - Psyshock
    - Refresh
    - Hp Fire/ Hp fighting/ Dragon Pulse/ T- Bolt/ Shadow BALL

this set was meant to troll Chansey at first and then turned into a sweeper. Calm Mind to make you special power and bulk go through the roof. and Refresh is the staple of this set as latias hates status so it is now immune to it and also helps you set up on chansey you can run sub over it if you want but GB+ Toxic bronzong trolls you to much.Psyshock is mainly here to say" GTFO Special walls" and that last slot is for covrrage and is really flexible shadow ball is mainly recomended to hit reuniclis.
  7. Oiawesome

Oiawesome

Post reserved for BL Exclusive threatlist
  8. Birkal

Birkal We have the technology.
    is a member of the Site Staffis an Artistis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnus
    CAP Head Mod

This is way too unorganized to lead to any good Other Metagames discussion. Believe it or not, we do have some standards here. Perhaps we can look at reworking this when you at least learn to spell the word "tier" and use proper grammar. You can definitely still play this on the ladder, Oiawesome and SMASHTERRA, but keep your discussions of it in IRC for now. Thanks.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)