5th Gen Breeding Guide (WIP)

I don't believe that I completely understand how Dream World abilities are acquired, I understand they are from the dream world, but does that mean if I take my Dragonite from 4th gen knowing extremespeed and put it in DW, that when I take it out it will have multiscale as it's ability? If anyone could elaborate that would be great :)

I don't believe that I completely understand how Dream World abilities are acquired, I understand they are from the dream world, but does that mean if I take my Dragonite from 4th gen knowing extremespeed and put it in DW, that when I take it out it will have multiscale as it's ability? If anyone could elaborate that would be great :)
This is a question for a different thread (say, a thread about Dream World or abilities), but the short answer is you need to breed a female pokemon with the DW ability. I'm pretty sure the odds of the baby having its Hidden Ability are 40%.

As far as I've seen, the pokemon you send into Dream World (your sleeping pokemon) has no effect on DW except for allowing access to the Dream World. It also is unaffected by being in the DW unless you gain enough Dream Points in a single session to raise its level by one - I believe the requirement is 500 DP.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
According to Nintendo's Players Guide, a female Pokemon with a Dream World ability bred with any compatible male has a chance to pass the ability on to the offspring.

For example, a female Snorlax with Gluttony bred with a male Tyranitar will sometimes result in a Munchlax/Snorlax with the Gluttony ability.

Dittos with 0 speed IVs are definitely worth having around for trick room.

Just posting to confirm that the Masuda Method works with Everstone. Not that it's that important, it's just that if people are asking about it you might want to note it in your guide. Also, are you sure that each IV has an equal chance at being passed down? I remember HP and Defence had a significantly lower chance of being passed down last gen.

The mechanics for IV inheritance were changed for HeartGold and SoulSilver.
Oh, I see. Well then...

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Just posting to confirm that the Masuda Method works with Everstone. Not that it's that important, it's just that if people are asking about it you might want to note it in your guide. Also, are you sure that each IV has an equal chance at being passed down? I remember HP and Defence had a significantly lower chance of being passed down last gen.
The mechanics for IV inheritance were changed for HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Dream World Ability Inheritance

Female parents with a Dream World Ability have a 40% chance of passing down their Dream World Ability to their offspring if both parents are the same species. Which means that female-only species and genderless species cannot pass down their Dream World Abilities.
minor erratum: male-only

Hey, im having a hard time breeding a near perfect sassy Lavitar with SR. I dont do RNG cos Im not sure how. Anyway, I breed it with a flawless Ditto. I always get a perfect 3 IVs in my attempts. How many will eggs will I have to breed to get a near flawless 1? 60? 90? O.o

Captivate

Hello! You mention that thing where Sabeleye learns captivate from another game. I tried to do that with Houndoom. I gave it Dark Pulse in Gen. IV in an attempt to pass the move in Gen. V and it did not. I did that with Avalanche and Lapras as well and it passed just fine. I guess the problem is Dark Pulse is not a move that Houndoom can learn AT ALL in Gen. V. There goes my special sweeper :(

When you say, "each IV has the same amount of chance to be passed down" do you mean that whole 'HP and Defense being hard to pass down' thing is now gone? That would be great!

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
When you say, "each IV has the same amount of chance to be passed down" do you mean that whole 'HP and Defense being hard to pass down' thing is now gone? That would be great!
It's gone.

It would be safe to assume that the Double Parent Everstoned is a 50% chance overall...

RNG calc sequence
PassEverstoneNature = rand(0,1), results in 50% passing
PassFromParent = rand(0,1), parent 0 or parent 1, if both hold - thus 50% from either parent

25% from Parent A, 25% from Parent B, the odds don't increase :)

Acts just like Power items, but it's a 50% chance of everstoning instead of the 100% power item.

Posting to say a couple of things. One, that I like the fact that a 5th generation breeding guide is now possible.

Second, for those of you with access to Pokemon Emerald, it would be more beneficial to do your ditto hunting there. For starters, the odds of encountering ditto is a lot higher compared to the 4th and 5th generation games (as the only other thing that you'll see are Whismur and Loudred), and you don't need any HM's to get to it either.

In addition, in Emerald, ditto's catch rate changes to the pokemon that it transforms to, so the Magikarp trick works wonders here. So lead with a synchronizer holding a smoke ball, and have a magikarp on your team. That leaves you four empty slots to capture ditto with. Natu/Xatu is arguably the best synchronizer to use, as it can also use Fly to quickly speak to the iv man in the Battle Frontier.

Finally, thanks to the Battle Frontier clone glitch, you can make several copies of your dittos and send them to all of your games. The only downside to this is if you don't have a DS Phat or DSLite, as well as having to migrate twice, but it's worth the trouble to getting ditto's faster.

5 level max stats

In the IV generation guide, there's a table whit the max stat at level 5 for each pokemon it was very helpful for me, and I like to ask where can I find the new table whit max stats at level 5 for V generation, or how can I get those data for a specific pokemon, I've tried the ivs calculator but I not trust in those programs, I prefer do math by myself.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
The previous owner of this article does not wish to continue working on it, contact me or another moderator for this forum if you wish to take it over.

Mathematically, the odds of catching a Ditto with at least one perfect 31 IV are about 1 in 6 (18.75% to be exact), so on average you will need to capture about 36 Dittos to acquire one with a perfect IV for each stat. That's a little over a full PC box.
When I saw this, I was about to go off to start catching Ditto, since it didn't seem like too much work, even though I'm just a casual player. But it seemed too easy. Thinking about it... the calculation done here shows that 36 Dittos are required to get six with an arbitrary perfect IV, not six with distinct perfect IVs as claimed. For example, when you have one such Ditto already, then there is a 1/6 chance that the next such Ditto will have the same perfect IV as the first. When you have three perfect IV Dittos, there is a 50% chance that the next such Ditto will have the same perfect IV as one of the first three.

So to find the actual average number of Dittos that you'd need to catch:

First Ditto with one perfect IV: 6/32 = 3/16 chance to find in any particular encounter (nearly 1/5 chance). So we'll say you need five Dittos to get to this point on average.

Second Ditto: 3/16 chance to find one with any arbitrary prefect IV, but also 1/6 chance that this is the same as before, which we need to exclude. So we have only a 5/32 (3/16 * 5/6 = 5/32) chance of finding this second Ditto in any given encounter. That's close to 1/6, so we'll say you need six more Dittos to get to this point on average... 11 Dittos total so far.

Third Ditto: 1/3 chance that the arbitrary perfect IV is the same as before. 3/16 * 2/3 = 1/8 chance of finding your third Ditto in any given encounter (much less than 1/5, where we started). So 19 Dittos needed so far.

Fourth Ditto: 50% chance that the arbitrary perfect IV is the same. 3/16 * 1/2 = 3/32 chance to find the Ditto. Close to 1/11, so 30 Dittos needed so far.

Fifth Ditto: 2/3 chance that the arbitrary perfect IV is the same. 3/16 * 1/3 = 1/16 chance to find the Ditto. 46 Dittos needed so far.

Sixth Ditto: 5/6 chance that the arbitrary perfect IV is the same. 3/16 * 1/6 = 1/32 chance to find the Ditto (as expected, since this is the chance that the Ditto has a perfect in any particular stat).

Therefore, an average of 72 Dittos (or any Pokemon) must be caught to get a Ditto with one perfect IV in each of the six stats, over twice the claim in this article. I'm no mathematician so I suppose I might be doing this completely wrong, but I think that's right.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Locking this for now to avoid anymore needless posts. Post in the reservation thread or PM one of the mods for this forum to take it over.

EDIT: no one wanted it, moving.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)