[5th Gen] Hmm, you think you can do better? Oh wait, you probably can.

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb Trait: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Volt Change
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave

This is an incredible lead; with the ability prankster I can get an early lead off on some threatening Pokemon by using Thunder Wave as Stealth Rocks seems to be less occurring in this Metagame. Even if they do have try to set up hazards early I have taunt the only flaw to this would be Deoxys-S which while battling I have not seen often. Hidden Power Ice is incorporated in over Focus Blast just for reinsurance that with +1 speed I can out-speed any dragon with Thunder Wave to render it useless and than kill it with Hidden Power Ice. I use Volt Change for the main reason is that my Rotom-W also has it equipped. Using it to scout and I'm pretty sure Pokemon besides Ground-Types, Volt Absorbers, and the occasional bulky Grass-Type would not like taking a STAB 349 Base Volt Change with Life Orb. This set also makes it easier for my Dragonite and Breloom set up if they can. No Stealth Rocks assures that Dragonite's Multi-Scale ability will work, as it is bulky and I will most like Para what ever comes in I can roost till I get a Parahax and set up.

Dragonite (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multi-Scale
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Brick Break
- Roost

Dragonite has gotten a great revamp from 4th generation. Multi-Scale is one of the most useful abilities it can get coupled with Roost and Dragon Dance. I use Brick Break over Fire Blast because the bulky Grass-Types that I need to hit for it are covered by Heatran, as for Heatran itself is covered by Rotom-W to ensue good Synergy. Simple most moves don't do half to this Pokemon besides Dragon, Ice, and Rock moves. The Dragon-Flying nature has its flaws completes my team for covering my Pokemons' weaknesses.

Breloom (M) @ Black Belt
Trait: Technician
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Spore
- Swords Dance
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed

Breloom is basically my Excadrill counter, sacrificing the Poison Heal was worth it. The only flaw to the Standard set is it's speed; with STAB, Technician Boost, and Black Belt the power of Mach Punch is 108. This Pokemon is a better counter to Excadrill because it resist it's STAB Earthquake, and it's Rock Slide. A plus 2 Mach Punch does 44%-52.1% to Max HP/Def Skarmory, while, Focus Punch does do more 45.8% - 54.2% (barly) it can't be used in the same sense as Mach Punch. Bullet Seed hits multiple times and is the best secondary STAB move fore this set. Spore is another status inducing move that helps my team out greatly.

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 136 HP / 120 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Lava Plume
- Protect
- Substitute
- Toxic

Ohhhh StallTran, this Pokemon if used right is amazing. Fire/Steel and Flash Fire is great typing and ability. Being able to come in on Latios Draco Meteor and either Substitute/Toxic on anything that comes in also Lava Plume's high chance of burn Stalling out Pokemon is fairly easy with this set. Sad to say other Heatrans are one of the only flaws to this set. Which is why Half of my Pokemon take it's most powerful move like bosses. This thing is mostly like a StallRein without the Hail.

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 112 SAtk / 128 Spd
- Volt Change
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Pain Split

I perfer Rotom-W being part water. It gives Hydro Pump that extra umph. Volt Change on Rotom-W and Thundurus is amazing. Rotom-W only weakness that I can recall is Grass while Thundurus resist grass and visa-vesa with Rotom-W by resisting Ice. Hidden Power Fire is here to hit my Grass type weakness. Pain Split is there for stalling out blissey and just to gain health. Levitate ability highly helps Heatran. Also, has great synergy with him.

Aerodactyl (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Defog

Everyone reading this is like Wahhhhh? An Aerodactyl? Yes, an Aerodactyl. Aerodactyl speeds out a Scarfed Neutral nature Heatran which if used correctly is a great threat to my team. Aerodactyl is in 3rd fastest Pokemon behind Deoxys-S and Ninjask. Outrunning Latios, Infernape, Tran etc. etc. I'm pretty sure Stone Edge, Earthquake, and Crunch are all self explanatory. While, Defog is not, I use Defog to help my Dragonite if it has a chance to set up if some how my enemy has a chance to get up rocks or runs a Cresselia on a Sunny Day team with DualScreen I can rid of those too. Very Underestimated move a Pokemon under the lead set of last gen.

I think you should replace Life Orb with Flight Jewel and Crunch with Acrobatics. The sheer power of that move is insane and a far more reliable STAB move than Stone Edge.

Overall your team is actually not bad. Pretty good balance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)