5th Gen OU Analysis Index - 89 BW2 Revamps On Site!

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I would like to reserve Gliscor. Will write skeleton tommorow.
I uhh, reserved that a few pages back. I have been testing with it and preparing my skeleton; I was planning on writing it... I also chatted with Harsha about writing it on IRC. I guess if I am not allowed to write it/it is a big deal, then I can just give it up. But I would still like to write it if I could!

I uhh, reserved that a few pages back. I have been testing with it and preparing my skeleton; I was planning on writing it... I also chatted with Harsha about writing it on IRC. I guess if I am not allowed to write it/it is a big deal, then I can just give it up. But I would still like to write it if I could!
Alright I guess it's yours since you reserved it before me. It's just that I saw it was unreserved in the list, I guess it wasn't updated. Sorry for the confusion.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I don't really want to write it (well unless no one else does), but does anyone think Seismitoad should get an analysis? Let's name off its key advantages over its other Water / Ground Pokemon:

- It gets Water Absorb (which Swampert doesn't)
- It gets Stealth Rock (which Quagsire / Gastrodon doesn't)

It does have slim advantages, I guess, but you have to admit that Water Absorb / Stealth Rock is pretty nice to have.

Is throh getting a revamp? If so, I'd be interested in writing it if possible - I've been using it a lot lately and I'm pretty impressed with its effectiveness...

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Sorry about updating, I've been away for longer than I expected

@Husky, I've given you the Cobalion reservation. Trim it handsomely.

@Danger Mouse, TrollFreak already reserved Throh rather a long while ago

Victini (like before :) ) and Throh
It may be worth asking him if he's still working on it before you start writing.

All should be updated now. Carry on.

TrollFreak

(╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
is a Contributor Alumnus
I thought I made it clear in my LoA post that I was dropping stuff not passed QC <.<

Yea, he can have it, and if that wasn't clear, dropping Victini as well

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Politoed WIP will be up late tonight or early morning (still night on my sleep schedule, lol).

UPDATE: Showed up to a sudden funeral last night. Pushing my self-imposed deadline back by a day.

I don't really want to write it (well unless no one else does), but does anyone think Seismitoad should get an analysis? Let's name off its key advantages over its other Water / Ground Pokemon:

- It gets Water Absorb (which Swampert doesn't)
- It gets Stealth Rock (which Quagsire / Gastrodon doesn't)

It does have slim advantages, I guess, but you have to admit that Water Absorb / Stealth Rock is pretty nice to have.
I have been using to great success and it really helps out when you have trouble finding spots for movesets/pokemon on a team (such as mine). That being said, one of its interesting niches is that it can set up SR against Starmie, CM Jirachi, and Rotom-W with imputiny (something that even Ferrothorn is sometimes scared to do). Really though I can only see it being used on stall teams where that constraint for moveslots really is because incorporating a good SR setter is easy enough on a balance team.

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I have been using to great success and it really helps out when you have trouble finding spots for movesets/pokemon on a team (such as mine). That being said, one of its interesting niches is that it can set up SR against Starmie, CM Jirachi, and Rotom-W with imputiny (something that even Ferrothorn is sometimes scared to do). Really though I can only see it being used on stall teams where that constraint for moveslots really is because incorporating a good SR setter is easy enough on a balance team.
I'm a bit iffy on this. That's probably all it can do, to be honest. If you look at it as a support pokemon, well then you've got another Gastrodon that has more Defense and speed (though still certainly not enough)and less HP, SpD, and SpA and access to Stealth Rock.
It does have an interesting niche, like Gastro, to be able to counter Rain pretty well, but in general, Gastro does it better. Gastro gets Recover, something Toad wish it had, and it gets a 50% boost to SpA when hit by water moves. Gastro's better SpA means that it's actually viable as a Tank.
I have seen a Poison Touch set somewhere; it seemed good through Theorymon but still it didn't hit particularly hard, it was only good at spreading poison (which once again Gastro can do better)
Still, if the QC team thinks it needs an analysis, I'd be glad to write one up.

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Lilligant is not up simply because I am testing it and am still iffy on the Sunny Day + Healing Wish set.

is Gothitelle open because I'll take it if it is

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Unreserving Crobat. I did my best to test it and try to make it work but it's not really a compelling mon for OU.
If someone finds some merit in it and wants to push it through QC then be my guest.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)