1. GET SMOGON SHIRTS HERE! First time ever. Limited time only & next time the design will be different, so get it while you can!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

5th Gen OU Analysis Index - 89 BW2 Revamps On Site!

Discussion in 'BW OU Analyses' started by alexwolf, Nov 30, 2010.

1. ginganinja

ginganinja Dating Haunter
    is a Forum Moderatoris a CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Expert Belt Keldeo needs updating since its author is taking a LoA and has disabled VMs / PMs and so cannot be contacted. If someone could take it over that would be really nice =]
  2. Dark Fallen Angel

Dark Fallen Angel FIDDLESTICKS IS ALSO GOOD ON MID!

I can take it up!!! Keldeo is one of my favorite Pokémon and I would love to write a set for him, despite already being working on a good number of analysis, all which are already written.
  3. ginganinja

is a Forum Moderatoris a CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

4. Trinitrotoluene

Trinitrotoluene changing the sound of future history, one metaphor at a time
    is a Tutoris a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnus
    Mentor

Venusaur is a somewhat important analysis to have done, and I just don't have the heart in me to finish it. If someone wants to take it over, just apply the updates recommended in my thread, request a new set of QC approvals (since yee approved it before I could finish the initial skeleton), and carry on. If my input is needed, I'll help, but I don't think I can do Venusaur justice.

Sorry Pocket.
  5. Dark Fallen Angel

Dark Fallen Angel FIDDLESTICKS IS ALSO GOOD ON MID!

This isn't to take over any analysis, but there is something that I would like to say (and I didn't found any better place to say that): Some analysis, like that of Heracross, still mention banned Pokémon like Tornadus-T and Genesect (on Heracross case, it only makes heavy mentions of Tornadus-T). I remember that there's an analysis that mention Genesect but I don't remember which; and this is a worse problem for OU analysis of UU, RU, and NU Pokémon. Could that be fixed?
  6. ThisMysteriousGuy

ThisMysteriousGuy

I need to say that is most certainly an issue with the Moltres analysis, where one of the major points that the analysis gives for its viability in OU is that it's a good wallbreaking partner for Torn-T. And since Torn-T is banned that ought to be fixed in some way.
  7. ginganinja

Gyarados is up for grabs since Asek feels that he can no longer devote time to it. If someone could take over it that would be fantastic =]
  8. Jukain

Jukain .leaf
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor

got gyara n_n
  9. SJCrew

SJCrew Believer, going on a journey...
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Yo QC. I know you wanted me to get the Shiftry thread up on the 8th, but, no excuses, I haven't gotten around to it yet. I'll only ask for the duration of today as an extension.

EDIT: Guess I can't dedicate myself to analyses anymore. Sorry to disappoint.
  10. Governess

Governess A Beautiful Blossom Waiting to Bloom
    is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

I would like to reserve Azelf, if thats ok.
  11. jc104

jc104 Humblest person ever
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Bearing in mind that baton passers seem to be getting analyses, and that noone seems willing to write a baton pass guide (would still be a good idea), reserving Mr Mime.
  12. Pocket

Pocket Apo, the astronaut's best friend >:3
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Does anyone want to take over Arcticblast's OU Donphan? It has already passed the QC stage, so it can be immediately written up and gp checked ;d
  13. alexwolf

alexwolf Fear the D
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

Actually Pocket the QC team has talked for Donphan before quite a few days, and we decided that the only main set should be the physically defensive. So the whole Donphan skeleton certainly needs to be done from the start.
  14. alexwolf

alexwolf Fear the D
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

15. alexwolf

alexwolf Fear the D

Reserving Azumarill and Bisharp. I know that Bisharp doesn't have an analysis but i still want to give it a test and see whether it is viable or not.
  16. AccidentalGreed

AccidentalGreed HOMERUN, CABRONES
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon

You may wanna give just the Swords Dance a test first before making a thread for Bisharp, though.

I trust you know what you're doing with Azumarill though, since it's a fairly straightforward Pokemon, and it got a revamp not too long ago.
  17. Chillarmy

Chillarmy

Because there isn't much else to do to Seismitoad atm, I shouldn't have any problems taking on Omastar's revamp.
  18. alexwolf

alexwolf Fear the D

Yeah AG don't worry, the SD will be the only set that gets into the analysis and i am going to test it before meaking the thread because i know that the QC team (me including) are leaning towards not giving it an analysis.
  19. Cygnis

Cygnis

I am giving up Darmanitan. Who wants to take over? Just Copy-Paste it. I don't have time to finish Darmanitan.

Finished all the Xatu points. Its ready for QC
  20. Cygnis

Cygnis

I think Tropius deserves an analysis. Its annoying as trash and Harvest + SubSeed + Air Slash flinching all the time is super annoying to face

http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-ou12025622

this is the first battle i used it in ^^^

RESERVING if it deserves the analysis

tell me wut u think
  21. Spirit

Spirit
    is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Reserving Ludicolo
  22. Governess

Governess A Beautiful Blossom Waiting to Bloom
    is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

23. The Unlucky one

The Unlucky one

willing to do Magneton as soon as my school-year ends (2 weeks from now). What changes to the old one should be particularly done? (Maybe Accelgor or Azumarill too)
  24. Cygnis

Cygnis

reserving altaria, thinks it deserves an analysis due to cloud nine
  25. Worldtour

Worldtour aka Swamp-Rocket
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Reserving Porygon2

On a somewhat similar note, why is Durant in need of an update? I did an update for it not even a year ago, after BW2 came out. Genesect didn't exist when it was written, Tornadus-I poses the same threat as the its Therian forme, and Deoxys-D was hardly mentioned.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)