1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

5th Gen OU Analysis Index - 89 BW2 Revamps On Site!

Discussion in 'BW OU Analyses' started by alexwolf, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Dark Fallen Angel

Dark Fallen Angel FIDDLESTICKS IS ALSO GOOD ON MID!

Unfortunately I lost access to internet on the previous month, I am probably getting internet back again but I cannot guarantee this. This is the reason why I was not able to do any changes on the previous analysis that I was writing, such as Keldeo (the EB set), Gliscor, Heatran, Tentacruel and Starmie.

I would like to know if I could get back the analysis that were taken over if their current writers are not paying attention to them (except, of course, the analysis that were already written and uploaded on site).

Besides that, I would like to know what you guys think of the current Landorus analysis. I would like to know if I could made some little changes or even an entirely new analysis (or at least a revamp to the Sheer Force set with changes on the Checks and Counters section), this is because the analysis is lacking some things, such as mentions to counters to the Sheer Force Landorus set: such as Chansey, Latias, Celebi, Gyarados, and specially defensive Bronzong.
  2. Vertex

Vertex

Going to clear up the unreserved list by reserving Crawdaunt.

EDIT: Oh ye, and I am also reserving Sheer Force Conkeldurr.
  3. Gary2346

Gary2346 A filthy casual
    is a Contributor Alumnus

4. blazeVA

blazeVA

Tangrowth is fully written and ready for the last QC check.
  5. tehy

tehy

So this is probably a little late, but I've got a Sableye BW2 revamp up and in WIP
  6. Gary2346

Gary2346 A filthy casual
    is a Contributor Alumnus

7. dice

dice practitioner of the city
    is a Contributor Alumnusis Smogon Frontier's Arcade Star

If someone would so kindly rewrite the Smeargle Overview and the first set of it in the OU Analysis to make it seem like its only sets aren't the Baton Passing one, I would appreciate it! Thanks.
  8. Lord of Bays

Lord of Bays

I can do that, but is the Lead set being stricken from the site? That just seems like a weird move if we're completely ignoring it in the Overview and suddenly whoop there it is.
  9. Gary2346

Gary2346 A filthy casual
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Wait, are you sure you don't mean to rewrite the overview so it looks like Smeargle can do other things then just the Baton Pass? The Lead Smeargle set was just uploaded yesterday...are they already thinking about evicting it?
  10. dice

Sorry, I typo'd. I meant to reflect the fact that it now has a lead set and its only niche isn't BP (which is how it is right now).
  11. Lord of Bays

Lord of Bays

Okay, I can do that.
  12. alexthegreat14

alexthegreat14

Has custap berry Wobbufet been covered yet???
  13. Gary2346

Gary2346 A filthy casual
    is a Contributor Alumnus

I don't think so. There isn't an analysis for it onsite.
  14. jc104

jc104 Humblest person ever
    is a Contributor Alumnus

I know it was written only a few months ago by one of our most trusted QC members, but I'm wondering if Baton Pass Celebi needs updating. I don't think the moveset is right (should have recover unless being used on full bp. Definitely no excuse for HP Fire), and the analysis fails to mention the main selling points of the set - for instance, it suggests that pursuit is a problem, rather than telling you that Baton Pass completely solves that problem. It doesn't tell you that Baton pass celebi is basically just a specially defensive celebi, using baton pass to escape pursuit and to do something meaningful when it's so totally walled by so many things.

I'm happy to do it myself, although I definitely won't write it for a couple of weeks due to exams.
  15. Jukain

Jukain .leaf
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor

hi I can handle custap wobbuffet; I'll talk with QC to get a plan of what exactly needs to be done and do it.
  16. dice

Bump. Anyone willing to rewrite the Intro and first set to Smeargle to get rid of the idea that its only niche is Baton Pass?
  17. Vertex

Vertex

Ye, I'll do it like a boss.
  18. Chillarmy

Chillarmy

reserving Aggron (assuming that no one else has shown interest in it since AG dropped it)
  19. Spirit

Spirit
    is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Check the current revamp in progress, it's the first set.
  20. Gary2346

Gary2346 A filthy casual
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Well, that shows just how great my awareness is. Thanks Icecream.
  21. Adamant Zoroark

Adamant Zoroark

22. alexwolf

alexwolf Fear the D
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

It is added to the list of finished analysis by OP and will shortly be added to the list of uploaded peer edits and single sets as well. I got the thread just yesterday and i am still trying to see how everything works. Once i finish updating everything i will let you guys know...
  23. alexwolf

alexwolf Fear the D
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

Finally updated everything! If anyone sees something wrong, post here to let me know.
  24. Jukain

Jukain .leaf
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor

I'm partially rewriting Wobbuffet via SCMS (it's my original writing), so don't worry about Custap Wobbuffet.
  25. Vertex

Vertex

I won't do the BW2 Rewrite for Smeargle, sorry.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)