1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Ever find yourself missing out on the latest Smogon articles? We've now got a subscription service, so the newest articles (of your choice) are delivered right to your inbox! Check it out here.

5th Gen OU Analysis Index - 89 BW2 Revamps On Site!

Discussion in 'Archives' started by alexwolf, Nov 30, 2010.

1. ballislife

ballislife aka yung vertex
    is a Pre-Contributor

Weavile needs a revamp. Look at the current one, it's horribly out-dated and talks about SD which I don't think is worth using over Scizor. It needs a revamp imo, and I'm willing to do it if QC approves it.
  2. alexwolf

alexwolf Thank you all guys!
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Will arrange a meeting with the QC team, as there are a lot of Pokemon that need to be discussed, and i will come back with results for Weavile too. Expect them within a week.
  3. alexwolf

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Ok, so we decided that both Shiftry and Weavile need revamps. I will be handling the revamp of Weavile, and anyone else who wants can take care of Shiftry.
  4. Gary2346

Gary2346 Random
    is a Community Contributoris a Contributor Alumnus

I got Shiftry of course. I'll try to write that up in the next week or so.
  5. ballislife

is a Pre-Contributor

Eh, alexwolf, wutev, idc if you do it.

Also, I think Yanmega needs a Revamp as well. It needs more grease. I WILL take over if QC approves.

Your not taking this one alexwolf :P JK, your cool

EDIT: Can some1 plz check over the conk all-out attacker set, thanks
  6. Meru

Meru i'm like down
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a defending SPL Champion

Requesting to rewrite Roserade. This thing sorely needs another BW2 update.
  7. ballislife

is a Pre-Contributor

Okay, so I did a few test-runs on Yanmega for the Speed Boost set and it SUCKS. Then I tried the Choice Specs set and it kinda sucks but FAILS. Yanmega rules <== That statement sucks. Sharpedo does stuff way better.

So, as I said about Sharpedo, I'm reserving Choice Band Sharpedo.
  8. ballislife

is a Pre-Contributor

Oh, my bad.

EDIT: X / Y is close, and since like all the analysis's are finished, I think the only last viable OU Pokemon that need Revamps are Slowking, Jynx, Chandelure, Gorebyss, Huntail?, Scollipede, and Victreebel. This is my opinion, but it's just like a finish off thing. I have no control on this crap, so don't think I'm being a junior QC. Just for reference :D

Edit 2: also, is it okay if I revamp Sharpedo? It's outdated and left out some imp. Info like ice beam being better over ice fang for land-t and I think that the mixed set needs some updating. Oh, and this will prob. be the last analysis I'll be doing, sharpedo will be my final analysis, well maybe more
  9. Gary2346

Gary2346 Random

I apologize that I haven't posted the Shiftry revamp yet. I'm still testing out the plethora of sets it can run, which is why it's taking so long.
  10. AccidentalGreed

AccidentalGreed I'll come back to write for Sun/Moon.
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Yes you can, Vertex. I've been meaning to do it for a while now, but I sorta got my head down with Espeon atm so go do it :)

Better keep your promise before I decide to actually do it myself!

Your ignorance is no reason to act passive-aggressively.
  11. alexwolf

Vertex you can update the defensive set of Slowking if you want, but this is the only one that needs updating, which means that all other sets of Slowking and Jynx are fine.
  12. ballislife

is a Pre-Contributor

So, basically I just edit the current one and it will go through GP immediately?
  13. alexwolf

Basically, just revamp the first set, which will still pass through the usual stages (QC and GP).
  14. ballislife

is a Pre-Contributor

Okay, then I'll do it. I'll make it quick.
  15. Gary2346

Gary2346 Random

16. ballislife

is a Pre-Contributor

Conkeldurr [All-Out Attacker] is ready for upload. Sharpedo is ready for QC Checks.
  17. alexwolf

Back from holidays, so i finally updated the index! Also, Vertex can't work on Crawdaunt and Sharpedo anymore so whoever wants them can have them.
  18. vyomov

vyomov

I don't know whether it needs a full revamp, but Landorus-T's smogon analysis shows Sheer Force as an ability despite the fact that it can't actually get it: when the Reflect Glass is used Landorus-T becomes Landorus which gets Sheer Force.
  19. Arkian

Arkian What's wrong with being confident?
    is a Contributor Alumnus

I'll take Crawdaunt over for Vertex, all I really have to do is write it up :P
  20. Worldtour

Worldtour aka Swamp-Rocket
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Just as an FYI, Gliscor should probably be reassigned because it has been in the WIP stage ever since April
  21. Arkian

Arkian What's wrong with being confident?
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Crawdaunt has been written up and is awaiting its last QC check.
  22. Halcyon.

Halcyon. @ Choice Specs
    is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

I'd like to start working with C&C, so if I'd be willing to work on Gliscor if no one else wants to.
    Jaiho likes this.
  23. alexwolf

Ok go ahead Halcyon!
  24. ginganinja

ginganinja How do I live? How do I breathe?
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

someone needs to writeup Meleotta.

I pushed it through QC so it really just needs writing up. Ill lend advice to anyone who writes it up considering im one of the few Meloetta players out there xD.

Help my bb out <3
  25. 100%

100%

Eh, I'm kind of shaky with the format, but I've played with Melloetta a lot, so I'd like to do it bro.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)