1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

5th Gen OU Analysis Index - 89 BW2 Revamps On Site!

Discussion in 'BW OU Analyses' started by alexwolf, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Gary2346

Gary2346 A filthy casual
    is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

Shiftry needs a BW2 revamp. It talks about irrelevant threats such as Houndoom, Zapdos, Chandelure, and Kabutops. It also fails to mention the utter importance of running Timid over Modest nature in order to outspeed Keldeo, Terrakion, and Latios in the sun, and like Venusaur, Timid should always be used. Some of the sets seem to be a little outdated as well. Overall, it needs a new analysis to fit BW2. He's still pretty damn good in this metagame (in the sun of course), as a friend of mine and myself have been playing with him all day today with his SD and NP sets, and it's extremely effective, due to it being very unpredictable and having great coverage. Would I be allowed to update it?
  2. alexwolf

alexwolf King of Conquerors
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

Trinitrotoluene is not working on Heatran anymore, so its up for grabs. Do note however that you should take Heatran only if you are committed to finish it quickly (2-3 weeks) as it has already been in c&c for 4 whole months and it really needs to go on-site.

Also, Gary i will talk with the QC team to see if Shiftry needs an update and come back at you.
  3. GassyGhastly

GassyGhastly

what the hell are you people talking about? no seriously these forums confuse me...
  4. Spirit

Spirit
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

I'd like to take heatran if that's alright.
  5. alexwolf

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

Icecream you can write Heatran, but you have a 3 weeks deadline to do so. If you don't write the analyses within this time limit your credibility for future reservations of serious analyses will be seriously hurt. I know i come off as a bit strict, but i need to be as Heatran must be uploaded asap.
  6. Spirit

Spirit

Yeah, no problem. I have a lot of revamps in progress atm, but I'll make sure to put Heatran at the top of the list. Looking at the skeleton, it does make it a bit difficult to work with, I'll try my best to get it done on time if not much much sooner.
  7. alexwolf

Nice and thx a lot Icecream!
  8. Vertex

Vertex

Weavile needs a revamp. Look at the current one, it's horribly out-dated and talks about SD which I don't think is worth using over Scizor. It needs a revamp imo, and I'm willing to do it if QC approves it.
  9. alexwolf

Will arrange a meeting with the QC team, as there are a lot of Pokemon that need to be discussed, and i will come back with results for Weavile too. Expect them within a week.
  10. alexwolf

Ok, so we decided that both Shiftry and Weavile need revamps. I will be handling the revamp of Weavile, and anyone else who wants can take care of Shiftry.
  11. Gary2346

Gary2346 A filthy casual

I got Shiftry of course. I'll try to write that up in the next week or so.
  12. Vertex

Vertex

Eh, alexwolf, wutev, idc if you do it.

Also, I think Yanmega needs a Revamp as well. It needs more grease. I WILL take over if QC approves.

Your not taking this one alexwolf :P JK, your cool

EDIT: Can some1 plz check over the conk all-out attacker set, thanks
  13. Meru

Meru
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributor

Requesting to rewrite Roserade. This thing sorely needs another BW2 update.
  14. Vertex

Vertex

Okay, so I did a few test-runs on Yanmega for the Speed Boost set and it SUCKS. Then I tried the Choice Specs set and it kinda sucks but FAILS. Yanmega rules <== That statement sucks. Sharpedo does stuff way better.

So, as I said about Sharpedo, I'm reserving Choice Band Sharpedo.
  15. Spirit

Spirit

You don't reserve sets, you just post them.
  16. Vertex

Vertex

Oh, my bad.

EDIT: X / Y is close, and since like all the analysis's are finished, I think the only last viable OU Pokemon that need Revamps are Slowking, Jynx, Chandelure, Gorebyss, Huntail?, Scollipede, and Victreebel. This is my opinion, but it's just like a finish off thing. I have no control on this crap, so don't think I'm being a junior QC. Just for reference :D

Edit 2: also, is it okay if I revamp Sharpedo? It's outdated and left out some imp. Info like ice beam being better over ice fang for land-t and I think that the mixed set needs some updating. Oh, and this will prob. be the last analysis I'll be doing, sharpedo will be my final analysis, well maybe more
  17. Gary2346

Gary2346 A filthy casual

I apologize that I haven't posted the Shiftry revamp yet. I'm still testing out the plethora of sets it can run, which is why it's taking so long.
  18. AccidentalGreed

AccidentalGreed HOMERUN, CABRONES
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon

Yes you can, Vertex. I've been meaning to do it for a while now, but I sorta got my head down with Espeon atm so go do it :)

Better keep your promise before I decide to actually do it myself!

Your ignorance is no reason to act passive-aggressively.
  19. alexwolf

Vertex you can update the defensive set of Slowking if you want, but this is the only one that needs updating, which means that all other sets of Slowking and Jynx are fine.
  20. Vertex

Vertex

So, basically I just edit the current one and it will go through GP immediately?
  21. alexwolf

Basically, just revamp the first set, which will still pass through the usual stages (QC and GP).
  22. Vertex

Vertex

Okay, then I'll do it. I'll make it quick.
  23. Gary2346

Gary2346 A filthy casual

24. Vertex

Vertex

Conkeldurr [All-Out Attacker] is ready for upload. Sharpedo is ready for QC Checks.
  25. alexwolf

Back from holidays, so i finally updated the index! Also, Vertex can't work on Crawdaunt and Sharpedo anymore so whoever wants them can have them.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)