1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Join our new official channel, Victory Road, on PS! Read this for more information.
  3. Smogon's first ever Official Smogon Mafia Game is now open for signups! Check it out here!
  4. Ever find yourself missing out on the latest Smogon articles? We've now got a subscription service, so the newest articles (of your choice) are delivered right to your inbox! Check it out here.

5th Gen OU Analysis Index - 89 BW2 Revamps On Site!

Discussion in 'Archives' started by alexwolf, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Pocket

Pocket Apo, the astronaut's best friend >:3
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

We also need somebody to update Gengar's analysis with the following changes:

remove Substitute + Disable, Substitute + Pain Split, and Offensive 3 Attacks, and replace these sets with a Substitute set as follows:

move 1: Substitute
    move 2: Shadow Ball
    move 3: Focus Blast
    move 4: Will-o-Wisp / Pain Split / Disable
    item: Black Sludge / Life Orb

AC Destiny Bond, Thunder, Taunt, and Hidden Power Fire
  2. alexwolf

alexwolf Thank you all guys!
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

I will do it Pocket! The Gengar thread should be up by tomorrow.
    Pocket likes this.
  3. Alfalfa

Alfalfa is a shitty user
    is a Pre-Contributor

Can I take over Offensive Seismitoad?
  4. Jukain

Jukain ~.~
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Go for it.
  5. Jukain

Jukain ~.~
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

sorry to double post, but @alexwolf, updates to the op...

Latias (Trick + Flame Orb) - UNRESERVED

Magneton (BW2 Revamp) - Magcargo 2 RESERVED
    Seismitoad (Offensive) - Alfalfa RESERVED
    Gengar (Full Revamp) - alexwolf RESERVED
    Dragonite (Rain Special Attacker) - AccidentalGreed QC 2/3 SKELETON
    Jirachi (Mixed Set Revamp) - Jukain RESERVED
    Meloetta (BW2 Revamp) - Halcyon. QC 2/3 SKELETON

Latios (Dragon Dance) -> Done
    Weavile -> Done
    Thundurus-T -> Done
  6. Jukain

Jukain ~.~

Another open (and needed!) set analysis: Double Dance Gliscor. Acrobatics / Earthquake / Agility / Swords Dance with max Atk / max Spe Adamant Hyper Cutter @ Flying Gem.
  7. Halcyon.

Halcyon. @ Choice Specs
    is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

I'm confused, that's already onsite under the AcroBat set. I specifically made sure to talk about the advantages of Agility on that set over Substitute. Why add a whole other set? Why not just change it so that Agility is slashed before Substitute?
  8. Jukain

Jukain ~.~

I'm sorry, I did not know this. We will have to discuss the placement of Agility. Agility should be slashed before Substitute, in that case.
  9. alexwolf

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Index updated. Also Jukain, separate sets don't need to be reserved.
  10. Jukain

Jukain ~.~

Gastrodon is now open, and physically defensive will replace the current main set.
  11. Gary2346

Gary2346 Random
    is a Contributor Alumnus

I got this shit. I'll try to get it up by the end of this weekend. I'm assuming it's a full revamp and not just replacing the current set?
  12. Jukain

Jukain ~.~

Yes full revamp, the analysis is pre-Genesect ban old.
  13. alexwolf

And just so you know Gary, you should replace the specially defensive set that Gastrodon used to have with a physically defensive one and mention the SpD spread in AC.
  14. alexwolf

Tangrowth is up for grabs guys. Feel free to use the skeleton that has already been QC approved a few months ago here but keep in mind that the analysis will have to go through QC again.

EDIT: Don't mind this post i was wrong, blazeVA has completed this analysis.
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
  15. Agent Gibbs

Agent Gibbs
    is a Community Contributor Alumnus

I'd like to take Porygon2. I've played around with it a bit since I saw that it was unreserved, and it's a pretty cool niche counter/check to a lot of stuff (especially with Trace). Plus, the Trick Room set has shown promise, especially with ben gay's Trick Room team from a couple months ago.
  16. Magcargo

Magcargo
    is a Contributor to Smogon

17. Agent Gibbs

Agent Gibbs
    is a Community Contributor Alumnus

Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
  18. alexwolf

We need someone experienced and trustworthy to deal with the Garchomp revamp. And we need to get it done fast, we only have 1 month and a half before X/Y. Everyone who wants to write it, send me a PM.
  19. Gary2346

Gary2346 Random
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Sorry about the Gastro analysis taking a while. I've been extremely busy this week, but I have a three day weekend so I will definitely get it done by Saturday or Sunday.
  20. Halcyon.

Halcyon. @ Choice Specs
    is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

Sawsbuck is done and ready for upload.
  21. Shurtugal

Shurtugal The Enterpriser.

Are there any analysis' that need work? If I can find the time ill write up w/e is needed.
  22. alexwolf

@Shurtugal you can finish Baton Pass Celebi, as jc104 lost interest.
  23. Kingler12345

Kingler12345 Reaching for a way out of this dream...
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

I'd love to reserve a set, any one that isn't too important will do :)
    but srsly pls i want one
    Spirit likes this.
  24. alexwolf

@Kingler12345

If you want you can write up the Baton Pass set of Celebi. It can be found here and it has already got 2 QC stamps which means that the only thing there is left is to write it up. So just copy and paste the skeleton and make a new thread if you want.
  25. Kingler12345

Kingler12345 Reaching for a way out of this dream...
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Sure, I'd love to :)
    also if there's anything else i can do that too
    Edit: I've posted the thread, should i have asked shurtugal?
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
    Spirit likes this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)