1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!
  3. Ever find yourself missing out on the latest Smogon articles? We've now got a subscription service, so the newest articles (of your choice) are delivered right to your inbox! Check it out here.

5th Gen OU Analysis Index - 89 BW2 Revamps On Site!

Discussion in 'Archives' started by alexwolf, Nov 30, 2010.

1. wishes

wishes
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

May I do a Cresselia Revamp? I have already wrote it up.
  2. wishes

wishes
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

D= I spent so long trying to type it up and stuff.
  3. alexwolf

alexwolf Thank you all guys!
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Yeah there is no need for a Cresselia update. Next time, if you want to update something let us know first before writing it, so we can tell you if there is indeed a need for an update.
  4. wishes

wishes

Well... Can it be like saved until next gen, and then I can edit it accordingly to the new generation?
  5. AccidentalGreed

AccidentalGreed I'll come back to write for Sun/Moon.
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

You'll have to wait until both the game and our X/Y tiers are out.
  6. wishes

wishes

Yes, I know. But just with a wild guess and a grain of salt, do you ever think Cresselia could become UU/OU?
  7. Arkian

Arkian What's wrong with being confident?
    is a Contributor Alumnus

8. AccidentalGreed

That's for for its usage next generation to say, and not me. If you want to continue this discussion, continue it via conversation with others.
  9. Kingler12345

Kingler12345 Reaching for a way out of this dream...
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

OK, since my BP Celebi set was rather lacklustre in descriptions, I'd like to reserve a pokemon that is not as important to the OU metagame. Or can someone suggest someplace to practice analysis writing skills?
    Spirit likes this.
  10. AccidentalGreed

I have no definite answer to your questions. However, you may skim through the current analyses (http://www.smogon.com/bw/metagames/ou) and see for yourself which is in need of an analysis update, re-write, or just overall fixing that seems odd in the current metagame. Do keep in mind, however, that if you fail to make a good case for a revamp/rewrite, or of your QC skeleton seems inferior to the facts presented in a current analysis, the QC team will reject it.

Additionally, you may even attempt to make a set or an OU analysis for a Pokemon that hasn't had one yet, but again, make your case strong (and please for the love of god make yourself look reliable and not on the phone all the time).
    Kingler12345 likes this.
  11. Kingler12345

is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

lol on phone all the time
    Well, I'll probably wait for the end of BW. A new generation is the best place to start. Nevertheless, I will try to look for analysis that could possibly be better or the like.
    Spirit likes this.
  12. Kingler12345

Ok.
    I was looking through http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/bronzong/ou and reakized that the analysis didn't mention the advantages of bronzong over, say, skarmory. It has been mentioned that other steel types give it competition but not how it differentiates itself. This was done in november 12, 2012 which is stillretty far away.
    I'd like to rewrite it(imo TR should be an main set as that really differentiates bronzong) please.
    :)
    Spirit likes this.
  13. jc104

jc104 Humblest person ever
    is a Contributor Alumnus

OK I feel I need to help repair this mess I've made regarding celebi, even if I'm taking a break from this atm.

The skeleton I left barely resembled the eventual writeup. Only the most obvious parts remained, and the rationale behind the set entirely left out. I'm worried that this writeup is going to result in no analysis being uploaded, or edits being made to the on site analysis, which is NOT salvageable.

SDS, if you're reading this, take a look at my thread to see what the actual point is behind the set - it's not what the on site analysis says it is! To put it briefly, it's a specially defensive celebi, which may already use baton pass to escape pursuit. Adding a boosting move is one moveslot, and allows celebi to contribute something instead of just being walled. To compare it to mew is absurd, because mew does not fulfill celebi's primary function - taking rain water moves.

If need be, I can still write it up myself, I suppose. I don't really want to do it, but it won't take long. I've caused this mess and it is my responsibility to fix it.
  14. Kingler12345

Glad jc104 is taking this back after my thread being closed, looking forwrd to seeing your analysis onsite c:
    Uhh......am I ok for this, @alexwolf ?
    Spirit likes this.
  15. Kingler12345

Ok, @PK Gaming said I can't do bronzong, but am I ok to do rotom-c? It was posted like more than a year ago and I feel I could make changes to this.
    Spirit likes this.
  16. alexwolf

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

@Kingler12345

No, Bronzong doesn't need a revamp. The few changes that need to be done can be made via SCMS.
  17. Kingler12345

Rotom-c approved by PK gaming.
  18. Halcyon.

Halcyon. @Choice Specs
    is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

Meloetta is finished and ready to be put on site!
    Jaiho likes this.
  19. Magcargo

Magcargo
    is a Contributor to Smogon

20. Alfalfa

Alfalfa aka most intelligent user on Smogon
    is a Pre-Contributor

Can I revamp Kyurem? The analysis is outdated because Kyurem-B has basically come into OU and outclassed three of Kyurem's four sets. I know Kyurem's distinct advantages and how to use it.

I should also mention that Chansey and Blissey are in dire need of revamps. The Counter set on Chansey is not that viable anymore because you have Terrakion and Breloom on every corner, as well as Keldeo. And Blissey lacks the mention of Keldeo also, as that thing shits all over Blissey.
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  21. alexwolf

Yeah you are right Alfalfa, the blobs are very outdated, which means that Chansey and Blissey are up for grabs.

We have not yet decided what to do with Kyurem, but we will most probably remove some of its sets (the ones outclassed by Kyurem-B) and make a few SCMS edits on the others, as the update wasn't too long ago and the write-up is very good.
  22. Alfalfa

Alfalfa aka most intelligent user on Smogon
    is a Pre-Contributor

I'll do Blissey, then.
  23. Magcargo

Magcargo
    is a Contributor to Smogon

Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  24. Kingler12345

Rotom-C is written and ready for first QC check.
    Also can i take chansey?
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
    Spirit likes this.
  25. alexwolf

Rohail won't be finishing Cofagrigus, so anybody who wants can step up. Cofagrigus has already received 2 QC checks and is ready to be written btw.
    Arkian likes this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)