1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

5th Gen OU Analysis Index - 89 BW2 Revamps On Site!

Discussion in 'BW OU Analyses' started by alexwolf, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Agent Gibbs

Agent Gibbs Rule 51
    is a Community Contributor

Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
  2. alexwolf

alexwolf King of Conquerors
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

We need someone experienced and trustworthy to deal with the Garchomp revamp. And we need to get it done fast, we only have 1 month and a half before X/Y. Everyone who wants to write it, send me a PM.
  3. Gary2346

Gary2346 A filthy casual
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Sorry about the Gastro analysis taking a while. I've been extremely busy this week, but I have a three day weekend so I will definitely get it done by Saturday or Sunday.
  4. Halcyon.

Halcyon. Come on, she's not burned; she's just gone.
    is an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

Sawsbuck is done and ready for upload.
  5. Shurtugal

Shurtugal The Enterpriser.
    is a Pre-Contributor

Are there any analysis' that need work? If I can find the time ill write up w/e is needed.
  6. alexwolf

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

@Shurtugal you can finish Baton Pass Celebi, as jc104 lost interest.
  7. Kingler12345

Kingler12345 COOKIE COOKIE COOKIE STARTS WITH C
    is a Contributor to Smogon

I'd love to reserve a set, any one that isn't too important will do :)
    but srsly pls i want one
    Spirit likes this.
  8. alexwolf

@Kingler12345

If you want you can write up the Baton Pass set of Celebi. It can be found here and it has already got 2 QC stamps which means that the only thing there is left is to write it up. So just copy and paste the skeleton and make a new thread if you want.
  9. Kingler12345

Sure, I'd love to :)
    also if there's anything else i can do that too
    Edit: I've posted the thread, should i have asked shurtugal?
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
    Spirit likes this.
  10. unfixable

unfixable

May I do a Cresselia Revamp? I have already wrote it up.
  11. Spirit

Spirit
    is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Cresselia was updated a few months ago. I'm not QC or anything, but there's no need to update it when it was finished some time ago.
  12. unfixable

unfixable

D= I spent so long trying to type it up and stuff.
  13. alexwolf

Yeah there is no need for a Cresselia update. Next time, if you want to update something let us know first before writing it, so we can tell you if there is indeed a need for an update.
  14. unfixable

unfixable

Well... Can it be like saved until next gen, and then I can edit it accordingly to the new generation?
  15. AccidentalGreed

AccidentalGreed HOMERUN, CABRONES
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon

You'll have to wait until both the game and our X/Y tiers are out.
  16. unfixable

unfixable

Yes, I know. But just with a wild guess and a grain of salt, do you ever think Cresselia could become UU/OU?
  17. Rohail

Rohail Vaporeon <3
    Mentor

18. AccidentalGreed

That's for for its usage next generation to say, and not me. If you want to continue this discussion, continue it via conversation with others.
  19. Kingler12345

OK, since my BP Celebi set was rather lacklustre in descriptions, I'd like to reserve a pokemon that is not as important to the OU metagame. Or can someone suggest someplace to practice analysis writing skills?
    Spirit likes this.
  20. AccidentalGreed

I have no definite answer to your questions. However, you may skim through the current analyses (http://www.smogon.com/bw/metagames/ou) and see for yourself which is in need of an analysis update, re-write, or just overall fixing that seems odd in the current metagame. Do keep in mind, however, that if you fail to make a good case for a revamp/rewrite, or of your QC skeleton seems inferior to the facts presented in a current analysis, the QC team will reject it.

Additionally, you may even attempt to make a set or an OU analysis for a Pokemon that hasn't had one yet, but again, make your case strong (and please for the love of god make yourself look reliable and not on the phone all the time).
    Kingler12345 likes this.
  21. Kingler12345

lol on phone all the time
    Well, I'll probably wait for the end of BW. A new generation is the best place to start. Nevertheless, I will try to look for analysis that could possibly be better or the like.
    Spirit likes this.
  22. Kingler12345

Ok.
    I was looking through http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/bronzong/ou and reakized that the analysis didn't mention the advantages of bronzong over, say, skarmory. It has been mentioned that other steel types give it competition but not how it differentiates itself. This was done in november 12, 2012 which is stillretty far away.
    I'd like to rewrite it(imo TR should be an main set as that really differentiates bronzong) please.
    :)
    Spirit likes this.
  23. jc104

jc104 Humblest person ever

OK I feel I need to help repair this mess I've made regarding celebi, even if I'm taking a break from this atm.

The skeleton I left barely resembled the eventual writeup. Only the most obvious parts remained, and the rationale behind the set entirely left out. I'm worried that this writeup is going to result in no analysis being uploaded, or edits being made to the on site analysis, which is NOT salvageable.

SDS, if you're reading this, take a look at my thread to see what the actual point is behind the set - it's not what the on site analysis says it is! To put it briefly, it's a specially defensive celebi, which may already use baton pass to escape pursuit. Adding a boosting move is one moveslot, and allows celebi to contribute something instead of just being walled. To compare it to mew is absurd, because mew does not fulfill celebi's primary function - taking rain water moves.

If need be, I can still write it up myself, I suppose. I don't really want to do it, but it won't take long. I've caused this mess and it is my responsibility to fix it.
  24. Kingler12345

Glad jc104 is taking this back after my thread being closed, looking forwrd to seeing your analysis onsite c:
    Uhh......am I ok for this, @alexwolf ?
    Spirit likes this.
  25. Kingler12345

Ok, @PK Gaming said I can't do bronzong, but am I ok to do rotom-c? It was posted like more than a year ago and I feel I could make changes to this.
    Spirit likes this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)