1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Ominous Fyre

Ominous Fyre

Oh wow... Derp... I cannot believe I forgot that. I came here to help out and learn something instead. Well in any case, I got a question:

I have been at catching Victini for about 28 hours now. I have gotten the seed four times (That I know of), but the nature is ALWAYS wrong and ALWAYS different. I am using a synchronizer. I calibrated using Kyurem because its high level makes IVs easy to check. I am also switching to a Joltik (sp?) with 41 speed (The Victini I am going for has 42 speed) in order to see if it is the correct Victini. So I get in about 20 RNG abuse attempts/hour.

Am I just cursed or something?! I mean should I just wait for Non-C Gear seeds?
  2. kiddu

kiddu

Yeah, sounds like you're just having bad luck with the Synchronizer. You could either wait, or mess with the PID some more by saving/leaving the C-Gear on longer/holding down a random button as you reset your game.
  3. JRT

JRT

I'm trying to use Eon Timer again for a different seed, but I forgot what was the default number for the Calibration box?
  4. jones115

jones115

well you start at -95,and then find your calibrated range again
  5. JRT

JRT

Ok thanks.
  6. Princess Emily

Princess Emily

I think I have something a bit interesting to share...
    Depending on your target time, your seed, and the lead pokemon you have...the encounter slots could be uniform the moment you've sweet scented on your target time.

Consider my case: It appears that every time I choose a target time of 2:03:06 at 3/24/2011 in my game, for a spread of 31/31/31/7/31/31 (2932 delay, seed = 51e866cc, C-gear seed = ffdc4650) using a Jolly Syncher...
    I almost always ended up encountering a Level 33 Female Regenerator Mienfoo in Dragonspiral Tower, even if I've missed my seed. I also came back to Dragonspiral later, and used the same target time...and what ya know...I again encountered a Level 33 Female Mienfoo, with the Regenerator ability.

Later I also attempted to catch Joltik using a different seed, and again it seems that on one particular target time, I either encounter a Level 24 Male Unnerve Joltik or a Level 24 Female Compoundeyes Joltik...but rarely encountering the other pokes present in that particular floor in Chargestone Cave.

Is the target time sort of connected to some PIDRNG right?
  7. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

You should be able to use the same calibration for every seed, and the default isn't really important regardless.
  8. kiddu

kiddu

It's actually not that unusual; that's just your hitting a specific frame of your Non-CGear seed over and over again. Since you're resetting at around the same second, it makes sense that you keep getting the same one. Try holding down A or B as your game loads up next time, and see if you get different results.
  9. JRT

JRT

So you're saying if I got -32 for one a previous seed, I can keep using that for anything? I thought different delay would make you have to start at -95 for every seed
  10. jones115

jones115

Not for me almost every seed has a different calibration some are -89 and the one am using now is -85
  11. JRT

JRT

One more question for tonight. I notice that I hit yes and turn the C-Gear on RIGHT after the timer stops. Should I try to be doing this a little earlier before the timer stops or am I fine? I ask because I have my stylus literally next to the yes button, and then I go for it as soon as I hear the beep, but I was afraid I wasn't being precise enough.
  12. Shinryu

Shinryu

At the very least when you have 1 calibration down, you'll be so close to hitting your seed (if not outright) that you'll only have to do very minor calibration to hit the exact one you want instead of toiling for hours like the initial one. For example, the one I caught Reshiram on was -2, and I had to just up it a bit to -4 to catch a different seed/delay combo.

As for your question, either way works, just be consistent in how you do it. I personally find the beeps throw me off and I have my sound off, but every person's different. The key is consistency though, if you do it one way one time and the other way another time, you'll just end up confusing your timer more than likely.
  13. JRT

JRT

Im using eon timer, but I rely on pika timer for the beeps (so easy for me be consistent with it).

And what do you mean when you say 1 calibration down? I've heard this but I don't understand.
  14. ArcDeus

ArcDeus

Sorry if this question is about non C Gear, this is a simple mathematic matter:

is that correct that we can target Frame 1 spreads with non CG ? Because, if I'm not wrong with the calcs:

1 (target) -1 (Initial) -1 (starting) +1 = 0 advancements
  15. Kiebin

Kiebin

Yep.
  16. ArcDeus

ArcDeus

Thanks ^^
  17. ctccromer

ctccromer

What is the Delay? I missed my target iv's and when i caught the pokemon, its IV's were in one of the results at the bottom in the "if you messed up, you got one of these" section but once i know which result I got, what do I do?
  18. FrenzyB3ar

FrenzyB3ar

You want to update the timer, with the delay you did hit. Keep rinsing and repeating and you will hit it, just pray your synch works.
  19. Cool Ivysaur

Cool Ivysaur

Roamer question:

So if im using a 30/31/30/31/31/31 spread, then the IV order will be HP/Att/Def/Spe/SpA/SpDef and i'll practically get the same IVs, right?
  20. AncienTLorD86

AncienTLorD86

hello guys..im still want to know about this question too..anyone can answer this..?
  21. Showsni

Showsni

Well, it's unlikely 60 will work for the first timer... The first timer plus the second timer has to add up to the seconds you want to hit. So, random example, say I want delay 2010 at 22:48:30. Put 2010 in the box, and that gives a wait of 33.5. Assuming I'm starting with the calibration set to 0 (is 4.5 the default?), I need to have a first timer that's long enough for me to reset, and adds to 33.5 to make the 30 seconds I'm aiming for; so, if I have a first timer of 56.5, that gives me long enough to reset, and I need to set my DS clock to 1 minute ahead (i.e. 22:47) to end up on 22:48:30 exactly as the second timer finishes. Then to calibrate; say I'm hitting a delay of 1998 pretty consistently. So, my delay is 12 too low. I add 12 to the target delay in the box to give 2022. My wait changes to 33.7 seconds. So I adjust the first timer to 56.3 to make up the difference.
  22. Kiebin

Kiebin

How do you RNG dustclouds/surf spots/shaking grass? Just walk around and hope they appear?
  23. ventus603

ventus603

Does it matter if I walk like 5 or more steps after the 128 steps frame advancement?
  24. ctccromer

ctccromer

Still curious what I need to do.. (look up a few posts)
    Also, as for frames: Is there a way to get the frame up in the hundreds without having to count steps for hours? Does entering/leaving a cave change the frames (or anything else)?
  25. NixHex

NixHex musty_yugoslavian_teacher
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator

If it works the same as gen 4, it *might* matter. You might pass the exact point at which the frames advance within those 5 step, meaning you have advanced the frame 2 * # of party members. Then again, it might not.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)