1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Showsni

Showsni

If you can get to a PC, withdrawing a Pokémon increases the frame (by 7, I think).
  2. ventus603

ventus603

Yeah i should try being more precise, but I never read anything of 5th gen having a step counter.
  3. reklaw_vahn

reklaw_vahn

Oh, this gen certainly has a step counter. I know this from personal experience. You could, theoretically be on step 127 and then only need to step once to advance your frame by the number of Pokemon in your party, You need to be careful of that.

Edit: I should be more clear. If you saved you game and you were on step 127 and then you started your game and advanced by 129 steps instead of exactly 128 then you would advance your frame twice by the number of Pokemon in your party. So, if you had 5 Pokemon in your party you just advanced your frame by 10 instead of 5.
  4. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

I don't think you can, unless you get lucky. Might be better off just catching whatever it is normally and then RNG breeding it.
  5. jones115

jones115

I did'nt get this answered :)
  6. Nightmare13

Nightmare13

I'm sorry if this has been answered somewhere totally obvious, but I can't seem to find information regarding it.

Is anyone RNGing on English carts right now, or does it only work on Japanese carts still? If it works, do I have to do anything special with RNG Reporter? I noticed of course that the only available options are still Black (Japanese) and White (Japanese).

I finally got RNG Reporter to work on Wine for Mac OS, but now it seems like I'm not sure if I can even use it. :P

Thanks.
  7. kiddu

kiddu

C-Gear RNGing has been working ever since the games were released, since it doesn't matter which version you pick for those in RNG Reporter.
  8. ctccromer

ctccromer

so then what is the delay?
    When you enter/exit a cave, pokemon center, etc, does it change your frame?
    If you walk 128 steps and a few more (say, 140 total) is your frame still only advanced for the 128?
  9. Exploits

Exploits

Ok thanks.

By the way, your sig is hilarious.
  10. JRT

JRT

Im sorry I'm a little lost. Why is everything adding up to 90 seconds for you?

Also can anyone explain to me what 1 calibration down means? I went from -95 to -32 after I first calibrated.
  11. Roz

Roz

I want to RNG Reshiram and found a good C-Gear spread with a frame of 310.
    Since it's a C-Gear spread, I start on frame 3.
    I have 5 'mons in my party so I can advance my frame with the walking 128 steps method. However, if I do that, I'll land on frame 308. Does the saving your game method works with C-Gear spreads too? If not, how do I advance my frame so I can land on 310?
  12. kiddu

kiddu

Because he's using a target seconds of 30 and has to start his timer 1 minute/60 seconds ahead in order to hit it. 60 + 30 = 90.

It means just that: once you have your first calibration down, you should be set for every RNG attempt after that, only adjusting by 1 or so as necessary. Don't overthink it.

No, it doesn't. To hit 310...you would have to withdraw 1 Pokemon from your PC, then walk 128 steps a total of 60 times with 5 Pokemon in your party (or 50 times with 6)...

Good luck.
  13. Roz

Roz

^Thanks a lot!
  14. Rugaji

Rugaji

Well from experience when I was RNGing Drilbur, the shaking spots are so random. They can appear in less than a minute, maybe two minutes. It's just random. One way to best ensure that you can successfully RNG those spots is to get frames higher than 3 and less than 2 Pokemon's in your Party, preferably just that syncher, if you can.

Make sure it's at a higher level than the Pokemons in your area or else Repels won't repel Pokemons. It's the same as RNGing wild Pokemons, but if you're going to do shaky spots, prepare to pick up items and restart your timer every time. It's a hassle.. I don't know about the other two spots and if items appear or not.
  15. jones115

jones115

How did you get down to -32 sec,what is the delay you trying to hit and what is your calibrated sec
  16. JRT

JRT

I understand now. So for emloop lets say I have a delay of 19158 and my target time is 12:53:30. I get 319.3 which would mean I would have to set my DS 5 or 6 minutes back. Then the second timer would be set at 30, allowing me enough time to get back in the game and be ready to push yes for the C-Gear. Does that sound right?
  17. ctccromer

ctccromer

I keep missing my target delay by 50-60. Is there any way to make it easier to hit my target or do i have to just keep trying?
  18. Rugaji

Rugaji

At what point do you save fore you begin to RNG Tornadus in Pokemon Black? When do I need to save before the IVs are set so that you're able to RNG it?
  19. Shinryu

Shinryu

Do a bit more calibration, you won't want to be trying to hit targets until you're within maybe 5 or so off.
  20. kiddu

kiddu

No, actually. I'm assuming that you've used Emloop before and at least have a good idea of how it works, due to how you were referring to it before:

1. Input your target delay into Emloop as you normally would.

2. Click the button below where you put the delay; this will convert it into time in seconds and in minutes. Note the number of seconds listed in the minutes result (in this case, 19.3).

3. Take your target seconds and subtract that number from it (so, 30-19.3=10.7). Type that number into where you keep the first timer (the top of the two white boxes to the right of the start button). If that number is below 30, add an additional 60 to it.

4. Set your DS clock back before your target time by however many minutes Emloop gave you in step 2. If you added 60 in the previous step, you'll need to set your DS time back an additional minute.

5. Start Emloop at the same time as you set your DS clock. When the first timer ends is when you need to (re)start your game, and the second timer is when you'll need to start the C-Gear in-game.

6. Catch a Pokemon to check your delay. If you missed your target, update the delay in Emloop accordingly until you are within an acceptable margin of error.
  21. ctccromer

ctccromer

How do I change the calibration, and what/how should I adjust it?
  22. PoJ

PoJ

There's a guide to Calibration on the first post.
  23. Justin Bieber

Justin Bieber

Alright, so I currently can't get B&W AR Codes. Would it work if I got someone else to IV check the Pokemon for me to see what seed I hit?
  24. JRT

JRT

What was messing me up was that I never had to deal with a delay that used minutes and seconds. I'm going to try a different seed with a different delay

1. I have the following target time and delay: 2011 06 29 17:55:30 19291

2. After I put in delay I get 5分21.51 (5 minutes and 21.51 seconds)

3. I subtract 30 from 21.51 giving me 8.49

4. Knowing that's not enough time to get in to the game, I add 60 giving me 68.49

5. I put 68.49 in the first timer and 321.51 in the second timer

6. I set my DS back 6 minutes because of that additional minute.
  25. kiddu

kiddu

You got it, except for the bolded part. That's already being counted since you put in your delay.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)