1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. IcyFlame05

IcyFlame05

RNGing a roaming pokemon; After i do my necessary frame advancements in the house will getting into a pokemon battle before i run into the roamer screw with my frame?
  2. Shinryu

Shinryu

Mkay, so I was thinking of RNGing my fossil later tonight (Archeops), had a couple of questions for it...

1) When are the IVs/nature generated for it? As soon as you turn in the fossil or what exactly? And is it at all possible to synch a nature to it or are you just reliant on whatever nature the game assigns it?

2) Does it start on frame 1 like any other legendary and such?

3) Do any of the wandering NPCs and such affect the rng at all, or not?
  3. JRT

JRT

I have my Delays at -99 +99 in seeds to time and yes I'm using a DSi. Any recomendation to get rid of the No Ivs Found message in the Search Ivs box?
  4. Pehu

Pehu

Are you advancing your frame before you catch the pokemon?
  5. JRT

JRT

No just sweet scenting.
  6. ctccromer

ctccromer

7. Sprocket

Sprocket P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n

ctccromer, I recommend you learn how to check IVs yourself. It's not a hard process, especially since the Battle Subway will auto-level your Pokemon to level 50.
  8. Elemt

Elemt

I have my seed for a roamer ( thundurus) AC15E577 and I go to seed to time. I type in my MAC address 11e30b and the seed, but what about the seconds? Can i pick an arbitrary number and I just have to turn on the C-Gear in game at that second? And about the delay when you hit generate. Is that delay the moment you hit continue from the time I soft reset?

Where should I save before I do my frame advances? When is Thundurus/Tornadus' spread generated?
  9. jones115

jones115

still trying to get this answered,anyone :)
  10. IcyFlame05

IcyFlame05

I keep getting "No match was found for your IVs" every time i catch Tornadus. My target seed is on frame 4 so no advances needed. I'm looking through a +/- 9000 list.
  11. COKTAL

COKTAL

@ IcyFlame: Do you have only even/odd delay checked? I had the same problem when I was calibrating for Victini and once I had the results set for both I didn't have any trouble.
  12. ΩDonut

ΩDonut don't glaze me bro
    is a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

You keep getting this because roamer IVs are mixed up. You will never be able to find roamer results in Seed to Time.

Search for them in Time Finder instead, don't forget to check the roamer checkbox. Look for seeds that look similar to the seed you were aiming for. For instance, if you started seed 453F3456, look for seeds in the format 453FXXXX.
  13. EliteBlitzer

EliteBlitzer

Success!!!
    I Finally hit my seed for RNGing Zekrom 31 IVs in all except i wanted lonely nature and got adamant instead.Still i'm keeping this awesome thing,And will play on my other white to get the lonely one.Thanks guys!
  14. IcyFlame05

IcyFlame05

Thank you Omega. I'm out of that hole and back on track.
    EDIT: The RNG reporter is reporting my roamer spreads 1 frame later than it's actual position. My target spread is on frame 4 but when I caught my roamer, the desired IV spread was on frame 5, not 4. Should i look for a spread on frame 5 instead? Will i have to do any advances? I recall someone earlier having this problem.
  15. tufails

tufails

Pardon me if I sound ignorant, but I'm new to this. I had luck in Soul Silver the other day, and all I'm looking for is how to RNG for shinies, IVs don't matter.
    Is there any way to breed only for shinies in Black/White? I am completely lost as to which numbers go where/how to figure out the delays and what I should be hitting when.

If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it!
  16. Toast++

Toast++ o_o
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Programmeris a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Researcher Alumnus
    The Smog Lead

For now, no. That part will be available in the next release of RNG reporter.
  17. Buckert

Buckert

I have a spread with a delay of 11237. This gives me a 4 minute timer, but that's still acceptable. What's the highest delay we can properly use for abusing? (Without having a 10 min timer or something like that)
  18. ΩDonut

ΩDonut don't glaze me bro
    is a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

My best guess is 65535. That fills the last four hex-digits of the seed, and I think above that it resets to 0.
  19. Buckert

Buckert

Seriously? But that'll give me a 19 minute timer xD
  20. Kiebin

Kiebin

Don't go over 20000.
  21. Buckert

Buckert

Alright, thanks! Hope I can find a flawless spread within 20000 delays :p
  22. Pehu

Pehu

I've abused something in previous gen with a delay of above 26000.

So yeah, it is doable, if you're patient enough.
  23. Darkblader

Darkblader

Am I only able to output results to csv while Time Finder is searching? It appears that after the search is done, RNG Reporter brings me to the saving screen, but once I click OK, nothing happens.

It's happened to me twice so far, and after these 10+ hour searches, the fact that I can't save the results leaves me a bit annoyed -_-
  24. tufails

tufails

Ah, thank you so much! I'll keep my eyes peeled.
  25. Ves

Ves

I found a seed that gives a good IV Spread on frame 3, so went to the bottom of Dragonspiral Tower and tried catching things. I was able to hit my target delay after a while, but ended up getting a Golett with Klutz. However no matter what delay I hit, if it's a Golett, it always has Klutz. The Druddigon seem fairly evenly balanced between Rough Skin and Sheer Force, and I've only seen a couple of Meinfu, so I can't tell if them all having Inner Focus might be more than mere coincidence. After I noticed this with the first few Golett, I started leaving the C-Gear on for longer periods of time before Sweet Scenting, but the Golett were still all Klutzes. Could there be something about this seed that makes Golett far more likely to have Klutz regardless of how much the PID RNG is advanced?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)

1. Thomaz