1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Showsni

Showsni

Did I read that right? Awesome! Guess I'll put off any RNGing until it's out, then.
  2. mattj

mattj blatant Nintendo fanboy

That and the MTIVRNG code.
  3. Charro

Charro

I tried a lot until i get an accurated iv spread and it worked :>, that was my problem, i was using the average values, now i finally got my first rng pokemon ever :D
  4. PungentFruit

PungentFruit

When will the second option under Non C-Gear seeds be filled (the one without hacking)?
    Is this question ok to ask?
  5. Fire Blast

Fire Blast

@above: hopefully this weekend

Is RNGing pokemon in Entralink Forest harder or different in any way?
  6. Toast++

Toast++ Buttery Slut
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Programmeris a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Researcher Alumnus
    The Smog Lead

Entralink is strange altogether. There's quite a lag between your last button press and the reseeding. I've done my best to prepare for this on EonTimer. There's instructions for Zomg on my thread. Hopefully it wont be too difficult.
  7. MMX

MMX

I'm trying to RNG Thundurus an I just hit my delay, but I did not get the results I was looking for.

Target Spread: 31/30/30/31/31/31
    Actual Spread: 17/31/30/31/30/31
    Target Frame: 8
    Seed: 73F7963A
    Delay: 3058
    Target Time: 00:55:15
    MAC Address: 00-27-09-F7-8A-3D

How do I correct the problem I'm having?
  8. Sniffles

Sniffles

Do we know if trying to RNG on a 3DS messes with the seed, like how you can't do non-C-gear abuse on a DSi?
  9. bearsfan092

bearsfan092

Yeah, it's the same problem for the moment. Standard/non C Gear abuse isn't possible for the moment on anything except a DS Phat/DS Lite.
  10. Bunny_Man_OC

Bunny_Man_OC

Target(3) – Initial(3) – Starting(1 for stationary legend, right?) + 1 = Advances Required (0)

so if I found an IV spread I liked on frame 3, I won't have to advance it at all?

but... when I think about it... it seems like, if I start on frame 3, and encountering reshiriam advances the frame by 1, wouldn't it be frame 4 that I end up hitting?
  11. Buckert

Buckert

5th gen is different from 4th gen. If your target delay is at frame 3, then you don't have to make any frame advancements and just capture it right away!
  12. kiddu

kiddu

If it helps, you can think of it as Starting Frame 1, and the C-Gear automatically advances the frame by 2. Same result, and it fits a little bit better with the "4th Gen" mentality.
  13. Bunny_Man_OC

Bunny_Man_OC

finally... I have some questions about the nature frame...

I watched bearfans vid, and he made it sound like you'd always get the same nature, unless you saved before you fought it or left the c-gear on to vary the frame advancement...

so how does it work exactly? cause I know if I just save and reset the game, and catch it, then reset and catch it again the nature is different.

so does the nature frame have something to do with the seed?

so if I hit the same seed, then the first nature I find will always be the same?
    if this is the cse, then is there a way to look up what nature frames go with each seed? or am does it work differently?
  14. Zerofocus

Zerofocus

You missed one frame advancement. The last 3 IVs are mixed up for roamers. C-Gear Roamers also start on Frame 4 not Frame 3.

EDIT: I'd kill for that delay. My only good HP Ice Thundurus spread comes with a delay of 6478.
  15. MMX

MMX

Which means that I brought one too many pokemon? I brought 4 when I only needed 3.

EDIT: Is there any way to fix this, or am I screwed?
    EDIT2: I'm landing on frame 7
  16. Shinryu

Shinryu

I won't hold my breath personally, this "weekend" was about 3 weekends ago as well...

Eh, I hope it does get released though, my Tornelus is daring me to catch it...
  17. kiddu

kiddu

No, Zerofocus is saying that you need one more.
  18. MMX

MMX

So I needed to bring five pokemon? Is there any way to advance just one frame given my situation?
  19. Bond697

Bond697 Dies, died, will die.
    is a Pokemon Researcher

20. yngstr

yngstr

Does nature synchronizing work for fossil pokemon? Do I treat it the same way as a stationary legendary? I'm trying to get a jolly turtle...
  21. Pehu

Pehu

Synchronize only works when there is a battle. If there isn't, then there is no synchronizing.
  22. yngstr

yngstr

Ah, okay, but otherwise it'll work just like a stationary legendary yes?
  23. Pehu

Pehu

I'm not sure if fossils work like eggs (since you're receiving something to your party) or if they work like stationary pokes.

You could test it yourself, if the information is not on the OP.
  24. yngstr

yngstr

Would the only difference there be the starting frame? As opposed to 3, it'd be 8+3 = 11?
  25. Pehu

Pehu

The starting frame would be 10, I believe. It's frame 3 from CGear, +7 from the pokemon appearing in your party (the same advancement that receiving an egg or withdrawing a poke would bring). So, frame 10.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)