5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
Thanks, it seems that I can finally rng with the Non C-Gear :)
But will a synchronizer work to get the 50% of possibility of getting the right nature?
Yes, but the nature will be determined by the PID. You can use Method 5 Natures (Theoretical) to find out at which PID frame your nature is. :) If you got more questions, feel free to VM me ^^

So, when Pandora-ing, is the time the reporter list when you select the game from the DS menu or when you finish the intro like it was in GenIV? I suspect that it's when you select the game, but I wanted to make sure.

C-Gear Question: If I my target frame is 3, and after all the calculation I end up with 0 advances, will I just be able to sweet scent and not have to move at all (kind of like 4th Gen)?

Alright, thank you! I have another question...
So I did finally hit the right seed, with the right IV's and all, but it's a Bouffalant instead of the Rufflet I want. Am I going to keep getting Bouffalant? Or do I need to find another seed? Thanks!
If you keep doing the exact same things, then yes. However, now that IVs and PIDs are no longer connected, you can advance the PID RNG (which also determines encounter slots) without changing your IVs, and potentially get a Rufflet instead with those same IVs.

Buckert

C-Gear Question: If I my target frame is 3, and after all the calculation I end up with 0 advances, will I just be able to sweet scent and not have to move at all (kind of like 4th Gen)?
C-Gear abuse starts at frame 3, so you don't have to do any advancements, and you can just use Sweet Scent.

My question. My seed IV's for breeding are these: 31/8/31/31/31/31. Just got some quint flawless, and 2 hex flawless hatched, but now I used one of those as a parent with Everstone, in stead of 2 parents with Power Items. Now I'm getting 31/4/31/24/31/31 and stuff like that. Did I miss my seed? Or is this just not the right PID frame and I just have to save once more before I take the egg?

C-Gear abuse starts at frame 3, so you don't have to do any advancements, and you can just use Sweet Scent.

My question. My seed IV's for breeding are these: 31/8/31/31/31/31. Just got some quint flawless, and 2 hex flawless hatched, but now I used one of those as a parent with Everstone, in stead of 2 parents with Power Items. Now I'm getting 31/4/31/24/31/31 and stuff like that. Did I miss my seed? Or is this just not the right PID frame and I just have to save once more before I take the egg?
Without the power items forcing your parents to pass on their good IVs, they're passing on bad ones. You'll just need to try advancing the PIDRNG a few times to get the right IVs passed down.

Buckert

Without the power items forcing your parents to pass on their good IVs, they're passing on bad ones. You'll just need to try advancing the PIDRNG a few times to get the right IVs passed down.
Well there is only 1 bad IV's since the mother has 31/31/31/31/31/31 and the father 31/31/31/23/31/31. And the bad one in this case is 23, which I haven't seen on one of the babies yet.
But yeah, I guess I just have to try more, thanks. :)

Buckert

I know I'm being annoying at this rate, but how can I use Non C-gear abuse in breeding?
Get yourself 2 flawless parents and find a frame 8 spread. Save inside the building before you start hitting the seed, and when you did but couldn't find the right IV's/nature/gender, then save after you have hit your seed, but before you go outside to obtaind the egg. Repeat those steps until you have a good one. :)

Does anyone have a good method for calibrating PIDRNG frame, or do I just have to go down the list until my results appear? If I have to do that, what's a good range to search?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Does anyone have a good method for calibrating PIDRNG frame, or do I just have to go down the list until my results appear? If I have to do that, what's a good range to search?
Your initial PIDRNG frame is generally 40-60.

Does the april fool's edition of rng reporter actually support standard rng abuse for DSi's? I'm having trouble finding my ds parameters despite dsi being a selection in the dropdown menu on the parameter finder window.

Does the april fool's edition of rng reporter actually support standard rng abuse for DSi's? I'm having trouble finding my ds parameters despite dsi being a selection in the dropdown menu on the parameter finder window.
No, as of now, non c-gear seeds do not support DSi's,DSL's, or 3DS'. But I am sure they will figure it out. ^_^

Non Cgear video from Bearsfan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4zNQH9cC3w

He did a part 2 for natures also....very useful for anyone who learns by visual guides.
Yeah, that's the video I'm watching and trying to follow along with.

*I'm saved in the last cave of victory road with my sweet scenter.

*I've got my DS clock synched with my computer clock.

*I press A to launch my game at the 25 second mark, and then abstain from pushing any buttons until the letters for game freak swoop in.

*I opt not to start the C-gear at all.

*I immediately sweet scent and verifiy a woobat or durant's IVs

...Then RNG reporter won't give me back any results.

I'm using a DSi, English version of Black, and the RNG reporter with ads released on april fool's day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)