1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Bunny_Man_OC

Bunny_Man_OC

-what do you mean save inside? you can accept eggs from inside the house now? or am I missing something?

-hmmm I guess I'll do a simple search and see if frame 8 is the same as frame one on the gift setting.

-hmm... IV inheritance? that sounds like a hassle... is there anyway to tell what IVs are gonna get passed down? I know in gen 4 there were the A's and B's that represented inheritence... I don't know, breeding sounds like more of a hassle... maybe someone will come out with a good vid for it eventuall y and I'll understand it better.

as for the chatot.. awesome ^.^ so I could put two in my party and switch between them for fast frame advancement... or if i switch too fast would it interfere with the advancement?
  2. LolcakesxD

LolcakesxD

Yeah that was a typo. I had 5 pokemon. :P
    I'm sure that I've done the parameters atleast 5 times but all at different times.
  3. kiddu

kiddu

-Save inside as in, save right in the doorway, then take the step out while holding Left and mashing A. It lessens the time that the NPCs have to interfere, depending on how fast you mash.

-Oh, it's still all A's and B's (except that using Ditto is apparently a bit different this time around) and is technically in the newest RNG Reporter, but the PIDRNG being advanced by NPCs on top of the random 40-60 advancement makes it tough to predict without testing it first. ...Kind of like how IV frames were in DPPT breeding, actually.

As for Chatot, yes you can. As long as the Chatter sound plays, it counts.
  4. Reaga

Reaga

So there is a feature somewhere for 5th gen egg inheritance?
  5. RayquazaTheKip

RayquazaTheKip

DANG!! I got it to work without my date being set to April 1st because of my security blocking that pop-up. But, I cannot generate any spreads...... :(
  6. Rugaji

Rugaji

Do you HAVE to use the KeyPress Combo you used when finding the Parameters to find the IVs?
  7. Bunny_Man_OC

Bunny_Man_OC

thanks for the tip ^.^

and...that doesn't make breeding seem any less annoying... but I suppose it would just need some calibrating, just do it over and over again until you know the average amount of frames the NPCs advance when you did it as quickly as possible.

though this may be difficult since the PID frame you start on is kinda random...
  8. kiddu

kiddu

...Eh? You're not supposed to use a keypress when finding your parameters.

But no, once you have your parameters you're open to use any combo.
  9. CPrime

CPrime

Can anyone find my DS Parameters for me? I need to download the .Net 4.0 framework thing in order for RNG Reporter to search, apparently, and since the computer with RNG Reporter installed doesn't have internet, I can't get the framework.

I'm trying to calibrate with:
    An original DS
    English White version
    No key presses
    IVs: 18/21/25/22/23/21
    MAC Address: 00 09 BF C8 46 56
    4/1/11 14:19:25-30 seconds (I guess?)

Thanks.
  10. Rugaji

Rugaji

Just wow.... alright then that means I can RNG this piece of shit roamer. Also, when finding parameters, I put none. So I guess I'm good. Thanks. c:
  11. Bunny_Man_OC

Bunny_Man_OC

you press the button the spread tell you to press, not what you used during the calibration
  12. Sprocket

Sprocket P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n

How does one abuse their ID/SID this generation? Is it essentially the same as standard seeds, or is there a specific point that the ID/SID is generated?
  13. Jerichi

Jerichi

Is there a way of accurately predicting the nature/ability/gender spread?

I've been searching for ages for a perfect Rufflet and although I get the right IVs, I can't get the right nature. I'm up to advancing the frame by 21 by saving and it's becoming a pain in the ass. If I could find the exact nature I'm looking for on a chart and just advance to it once instead of guess-and-check, I'd be willing to save 100 times if I had to.

I've got my seed for my IV spread and have put it in the RNG Reporter but can't ever find the combination of natures I've run across. I've been using a Synchronizer and put that in, but I've never quite gotten it. Any idea?
  14. Sprocket

Sprocket P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n

Bearsfan's video explains how to predict your nature. It's not perfect, however, and wandering NPCs in your "zone" will throw it off.
  15. Thatsjustpeachy

Thatsjustpeachy smogon的行货动物学者
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

Personally I dont use a sync, i never had success with it as it always screws up my IVs. When i dont use a sync i get my desired ivs 80% of the times and I just use the saving to get to my nature. However i do have trouble finding the natures on the method 5 theoretical nature list. I went through 2000 frames without finding my combination of natures. About where do the nature show up on? In bearsfan's video it was about 300, is that where around most should be or they can be anywhere? Since I cant find it that easily I just wing it by saving a different amount of times each time so I can see what natures I can get. This way I get the Ivs I want but nature is kinda up to chance.
  16. kingoftricks

kingoftricks

Sorry if these types of questions aren't allowed on this thread, but I heard that the RNG Reporter chizu (?) was developing for Macs is gonna be available this weekend. I checked the first page of this thread but found none. Is it already out, and if so, can someone direct me to a link? Thanks in advance. :)
  17. firestorm xl

firestorm xl

when searching for spreads in the RNG reporting what do these mean? ive always wondered about them...

>=
    <=
    !=
    E
    O
    HP
    HP_E
    HP_O
  18. Jerichi

Jerichi

Yeah, I saw that (and fortunately, Victory Road doesn't seem to have wandering NPCs).

Oh well, I'm getting a Chatot soon so frame advancement should be loads easier.
  19. Bunny_Man_OC

Bunny_Man_OC

20. ctccromer

ctccromer

Is RNGing a standing legendary (Terrakion) the same as RNGing a wild encounter (except talk to it instead of Sweet Scenting)?

And as for eggs: How do you ensure a pokemon has 5 31's (not atk) AND the right nature AND an egg move? Will it just take a million tries?
  21. neut986

neut986

when using time finder, trying to find a perfect shiny egg seed, I tried checking the shiny only box and setting the max shiny frame to 1000, but when I copied the seed of one of the results to a method 5 natures search and a breeding (BW) search, I found no shinies in that range. Do these features work yet, or are they just forthcoming? I tried full seed and shortened seed.
  22. firestorm xl

firestorm xl

alright thanks and 1 more question. im attempting a capture C-Gear RNG but theres one small problem: the spread i want i on frame 4 and im wondering if i can use my syncer and still do it or if i have to use a sweet scenter to do it.
  23. kiwi93

kiwi93

Yes, you can have the syncer as your lead Pokemon and sweet scent with another Pokemon.

The question I have is there a quicker way to advance your pid frame other than by saving/sweet scenting? I want to catch a shiny wild Pokemon but all my pid shiny frames for the corresponding standard seed are in the 1000 range.
  24. chiizu

chiizu PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
    is a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcher

See the link in my signature. Hopefully someone will put a link to it from the first post when that gets updated with tutorials and other info.

Yes.

Get a Chatot (better yet, get 2) and record a cry for it. Everytime you view it on the status screen it advances the PIDRNG. Sweet scenting doesn't advance the frame.
  25. Newts

Newts

Have two Chatots side by side in your party. Record something with chatter. It will use the same for both so you only need to do it once.

Everytime you go to Chatot's summary it will sound your recording and advance the PID RNG by one. Now you can just press up and down cycling between them both making sure to listen to the custom cry each time and rack up a huge number rather quickly.

I used this method to get a PID frame of 1484 last night and it only took about 15 minutes

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)

1. IsAnthraxBayad