1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. kingoftricks

kingoftricks

2. Sekundes

Sekundes

So using Chatter with Chatot gives a reliable way to advance the PID now? Does this mean that we now have a reliable way to advance the frames for breeding IVs/Nature/Ability?
  3. firestorm xl

firestorm xl

wait a minute.. if im doing a C-Gear RNG capture on wild pokemon and my target spread is on frame 4 wont i pass the frame technically with 2 pokes in my party? i have to do my advancements and all that.
  4. Sephitachi

Sephitachi

C-gear seeds start at frame 3. So to answer your question; yes, you would pass your target frame by 1 with 2 pokes + 128 steps.

Now my question. I don't know if anyone else has experienced this but outside of months 3 and 4 (march and april) the april fools RNG reporter doesn't seem to work for standard seeds.

I couldn't callibrate using May as my month, but march and april worked fine. The seeds themselves that RNG reported spit out in Time Finder for May didn't work at all yet the ones for April and March worked perfectly. I've repeated both processes multiple, checking to make sure there weren't any errors in the input fields on RNG reporter, frames, etc. and the lack of results from May remained and March and April consistently gave me my desired seed and IV pokes.

Question is: Is anyone else experiencing this? Possible reasons?
  5. imapedarsag

imapedarsag

^Sorry i can't answer that.

What on earth is so special about Chatot? How much does it advance the "nature" frame by?
  6. Shinryu

Shinryu

Still no update? At least remove whatever line of termination code for dates not April 1? :(
  7. Rugaji

Rugaji

Does it really matter? Just use it until the updated version is released. I'm pretty sure changing your computer date doesn't affect your RNGing. Just keep using it until the updated version's up, and then you can change your date back to normal; it's fine.
  8. Shinryu

Shinryu

No, but it does annoy me to have to keep changing it. Not to mention he said it'd be out today...

Screw off W.E.
  9. Rugaji

Rugaji

Eh... RNG Reporter's approximately two weeks late. He also said he had a family emergency yesterday, so he probably didn't get to work because he was busy. Don't know, but keep using Apr. 1st.
  10. Raikou

Raikou

Does having an AR in affect your actual parameters, or just throw off the timing of starting the game at the right second?
  11. quay

quay

can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I've got a seed on frame 2 (non c-gear), so i walk for 128 steps with one pokemon in my party and the frame shoult now advance by one.
    Since I'm in the Victini cave, there are no NPCs around...
  12. Toast++

Toast++ Butter Included.
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Programmeris a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Researcher Alumnus
    Programmer

It actually messes up the seeding process. Not sure how, but you don't get correct results.
  13. quay

quay

@raikou:

Yes AR does affect you result since it changes some DS parameters temporarily
  14. IcyFlame05

IcyFlame05

I'm trying to Non C-Gear a Deino but everytime i get the correct nature, i get the wrong IVs but when i get the wrong nature, one in particular (Mild), i get the right IVs. This is always happening and i don't know what to do about it.
  15. Sæglópur

Sæglópur

So, sorry if this has already been asked before, but I'm trying to test breeding for shinies/IV's. What encounter type would you select for breeding in Time Finder? I chose Gift Pokemon, but I don't know if that's right. Thanks in advance! ^^
  16. jones115

jones115

it does'nt matter as long as you don't use roaming pokemon,i use wild pokemon :)
  17. Princess Emily

Princess Emily

But what frame I'll use for the breeding, non c-gear...
    Also frame 8, right?

EDIT: Does it also include the Larvesta egg?
  18. jones115

jones115

yes frame 8 i just did it and it worked :)
  19. Princess Emily

Princess Emily

How about the starting PID frame?
    Is it the same for everyone, or does it vary according to our DS parameters?
    And I'm still talking about non C-gear abuse.
  20. jones115

jones115

for the PID frame am not sure about that yet
  21. Exploits

Exploits

Ok, so I just caught my first shiny (nothing special, I was just testing the PID RNG). How else can you reliably advance the PID frame besides saving? I've heard about using Chatot, but I don't know how that works.
  22. RotatingAtom

RotatingAtom

Exploits:
    If you have a Chatot with a recorded voice track for Chatter, just view
    Chatot's Status screen to advance the PID frame by 1. ;)
  23. Mr. Sableye

Mr. Sableye

Does how charged my DS is affect non-cgear? I feel like it's getting more difficult to hit what I calibrated when I'm more charged.
  24. firestorm xl

firestorm xl

Does sweet scenting a pokemon with 2 pokemon in your party affect ivs and nature at celestial tower? i was trying it a bit ago and i noticed that everytime i hit my seed it was the wrong nature and i was using a syncher. or id get the same seeds over and over at random. am i doing something wrong? its C-Gear RNG capturing a pokemon.

also the spread i wanted was on a frame of 3 so no advances had to be made.
  25. Raikou

Raikou

I'm hitting my non c-gear IV seed consistently. But when I input the seed into natures (theoretical), catch it on the first frame, then catch it after saving once, I'm not finding the natures within frames 40-60. I'm sweet scenting in the victory road cave, not moving or doing anything else.

I can hit my frame 8 IV seeds consistently for breeding too, but am having trouble finding the PID within frame 40-60 when I put that seed into BW Breeding. I'll save inside the building, collect the egg as soon as I step outside, then repeat after saving once, then twice, etc. Still the natures are not showing up on the list.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)