1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. ΩDonut

ΩDonut don't glaze me bro
    is a Pokemon Researcheris a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Or, you know, you could have screwed up your IV-finding process. I can guarantee you it's that.

p.s. we can't actually tell you how wrong you are if you don't post the seed or stats of the Pokemon you caught.

Try redoing your parameter search with the button held down, at that time. I think you'll find that the Timer0 increased by 1, which is why RNG Reporter now allows you to specify a min\max Timer0 when searching.
  2. Tirade

Tirade

Do you also have to check the "Shiny Only" box when generating the PIDs? I'm just not sure how to figure out which PIDs are shiny if I generate the PIDs based on the IV seed.
  3. Slashmolder

Slashmolder 'Ello Governor
    is a Programmer Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus

Seed: 759745BCAFB548CA

Stats for my Tornadus at level 40:
    125/119/73/110/72/106
    naughty
    often dozes off

I used a few rare candies to increment the levels and according to http://www.metalkid.info/Pokemon/Calculators/IV.aspx the IVs I posted were correct.
  4. Kudan

Kudan

Anyone knows anything about this?
  5. ΩDonut

is a Pokemon Researcheris a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

The other possibility is that you totally read RNG Reporter wrong.

Seed 759745BC (only the first half is used for the IVRNG) shows 31\31\31\14\31\31, not the 31\31\31\15\31\31 like you said it said.
  6. Nightmare13

Nightmare13

The pokemon you encounter is based around the ESV (Encounter Slot Value) for the particular PID frame that you hit. Different areas will give different pokemon for different ESVs. Without a full chart, it's pretty much trial and error until you figure out which ESVs will hit the pokemon that you need, but once you know which ones they are you can try to find a PID frame that matches with the appropriate ability or nature.

Also, thanks in advance to anyone that answers my previous, somewhat lengthy question about PID advancement. :)
  7. Exploits

Exploits

Yes.. but you have to find out your starting PID Frame first. Once you know that, you go down the list with your full seed inserted in Method 5 PIDRNG and find the nature you want (will be easy if you have a Synch), then see if the Encounter Slot matches with the Pokemon you want. You simply right click on the frame and click on "Calculate Encounter Slots." This will then show a number, and you match that number with the following table from this post:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3383858&postcount=684

So looking at that table, if I wanted a Mienfoo to appear outside of Dragonspiral Tower, the encounter slot for the PID frame would have to be 2, 4, 6, 8, or 10. Once you find that frame, you advance to it by either saving or the Chatot method listed in the first post of the thread.

Edit: Also forgot to add that Regenerator is Ability 1.. so the Frame you find should also have Ability 1.

Edit2: I believe there are a ton of NPCs around Dragonspiral Tower which may make it difficult to predict PID frames. If you're gonna try this, I suggest going to the 1st or 3rd floor of Victory Road.
  8. ΩDonut

Dude, the encounter charts are in RNG Reporter. Right click on a PIDRNG frame and click Calculate Encounter Slots. They are accurate for wild grass Pokemon (not shaking spots, but Mienfoo isn't one of them).

Though I need to fix that table to make it clear that the first column in the table is slot 0, the second slot 1, etc.
  9. OldSchoolNub

OldSchoolNub

Okay, I did that and the minimum frame is 4626(holy crap). Advancing this frame is when I would do that Chatot crap, right? Also, it's giving me a specific nature(Careful) for that frame. Am I locked into that, or will using a Synchronizer possibly improve my odds of getting a different nature?
  10. Slashmolder

I guess there's a discrepancy between the Time Finder and the Main Form.
    Show Hide
    [​IMG]
  11. Nightmare13

Nightmare13

Thanks for those ESV tables. I'm using PPRNG for Mac, not RNG Reporter, so if those tables are built in there I apologize. I was finding the ESVs for each pokemon in the areas I needed by trial and error.

Still wondering about PID advancement, steps vs saves re: my recent post.
  12. ΩDonut

Redo your search in the Time Finder with Method 5 (Standard Seed). If you check the Shiny Only check box and enter your ID\SID, and enter a number in the Max Shiny Frame box, it will restrict the results to only IV spreads that also have a nearby shiny frame on the same seed.

If the nature is bolded in Time Finder, it can be Synchronized. In the main window, if the nature changes when you select a nature from the Synchronize drop-down box, it can be Synchronized.
  13. bian

bian

@OmegaDonut: You mean that I redo my parameter search but now with pressing the down button? Also, what should I place on the min and max Timer0 instead since my common Timer0 is C7E? Thanks! :)
  14. ΩDonut

Oh, I see now. I know what the issue is, and I've fixed it. For now, if you want accurate roamer IVs for frame 1, set your max frame to frame 2 and ignore all results that say frame 2.

Thanks for the screenshot.

Yeah, redo it and make sure you tell DS Parameter Finder that you're holding Down down. I'm betting it'll tell you your new Timer0 is C7F, so you should make that the max when you redo the search. When you do, ignore all seeds with a keypress that have Timer0 C7E.
  15. Exploits

Exploits

For some reason when I click on the Black Encounter Table on RNG Reporter, nothing happens.

Either the Chatot method or by saving, yes. If it's giving you a specific nature even if you have your synch nature inserted, then you're out of luck. Some seeds change with the synch, others don't.
  16. OldSchoolNub

OldSchoolNub

I did this the first time, but if I remember correctly I had to put the Max Shiny Frame at something around 2,000-3,000 to actually hit one that gave me my desired IVs+HP Fire.
  17. Slashmolder

That somehow fixes things. Thanks for figuring it out. I'll make sure I post more details next time.
  18. ΩDonut

Update RNG Reporter to beta 5. It's on the first page.

Try searching a different month. If you're going for a totally flawless HP Fire spread, you might have to relax your standards a bit.
  19. bian

bian

I see, I'll try that ahead. Also, I'm still confused by this, but until what point should I hold a button when entering the game? Should I release it after the white Nintendo screen comes up or until the "2011 Nintendo" one? Thanks! :)
  20. ΩDonut

Hold the button until the Pokemon Company logo appears.

To elaborate on my last post: it seems for a lot of people, holding down a button increases the Timer0 by one. So do the searches I recommended for now. I plan on making the next release account for Timer0 change.
  21. OldSchoolNub

OldSchoolNub

I ended up settling for HP Fire 64, but I'll definitely try different months. The lowest possible shiny frame that gives me the desired ability and nature is currently 50,823, so finding a more desirable month could save me a ton of time. Thanks for the tip.

One more question: that encounter slot thing has Duosion in the very first column in route 9. Am I correct in assuming that this is column 0?
  22. ΩDonut

Oh, you should never settle for a lower power Hidden Power. A drop to HP Fire 64 is like dropping your Special Attack 30 points. A lower Attack, maybe.

Correct.
  23. Dizzyed

Dizzyed

I'm back to bother you all.

I have gotten the hang of RNGing for shinyness, and IVs, but I am wondering how you combine the two?

What I assumed was you got the full seed from the time finder - method 5 standard seed and then put it into the main window under method 5 PIDRNG, but it doesn't find any shinies. I am confused as to how to search for IVs and then apply them to the next PIDRNG search.
    my IVs are not ridiculously rare.

also is there no rep button on this site? I wanted to rep the guy that helped me last time :<
  24. Nightmare13

Nightmare13

Quoting this as a bump and to post more testing information.

After 128 steps precisely: Mienfoo (ESV 1), Modest, F, Ability 1
    After 128 steps + 1 turn (without moving): Golett, Bold, Ability 1
    After 128 steps + 1 step: Same as above
    After 128 steps + 2 steps: Druddigon, Careful, M, Ability 1

So I take it that turns and full steps both count as 1 advancement. Unfortunately, I can't find a set of PID Frames in sequence anywhere on this seed that fits those natures and values.

Also, when I step the other direction (turning around in the process) it advances twice to the same Druddigon. So turning around to move even if you don't stop in the meantime counts as an additional advancement?

And then the real kicker is that when I walk exactly 128 steps then do a save, I catch a Gentle, Female Mienfoo with Ability 1, which doesn't match any of my other advancements.

Can someone clarify?
  25. ΩDonut

Check the Shiny Only box when doing the Method 5 Standard Seed search. It'll limit the results to seeds that also have low-frame shinies (specificy your max in the Max Shiny Frame box).

I suggest figuring out where you are frame-wise after your 128 steps, and then using saves or preferably Chatots to advance to your final PIDRNG frame.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)

1. Rainbowkirby749