5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Have you considered the possibility that by walking out of the house, you are tripping the 128-step counter that advances the IVRNG?
Yes, after not being able to get the IV spread a few times, I walked a few steps, saved and tried again but I still got the same results.

Actually, it's been fixed.

More importantly, you need to know exactly when you started your DS original\Lite, when you started your game.

Did you check to make sure your IVs were right? It's how you can be sure you actually hit your seed in the first place.

Also you can right-click a seed in the Time Finder and show seeds that have nearby seconds\Timer0s, just to make sure you didn't hit one of those. Remember, you have to start the game from the DS menu one second before Time Finder tells you to, because it takes a second to boot up.
I did that and the IVs I got didn't even appear in the adjacent seeds. I have been doing this for awhile so I don't think that I'm 4 seconds off. and yes I press A 1 second before the target second.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I did that and the IVs I got didn't even appear in the adjacent seeds. I have been doing this for awhile so I don't think that I'm 4 seconds off. and yes I press A 1 second before the target second.
If all else fails, plug in the frame 1 IVs into DS Parameter search and see what you get.

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
I've occasionally had similar issue myself where the IVs were not on the adjacent list at all. I'll have to try parameter search next time this happens.

If all else fails, plug in the frame 1 IVs into DS Parameter search and see what you get.
the seed I wanted was on frame one, and thus the IVs on frame 1 were the ones I already entered.

Sorry for not stating the frame. Can being on the first frame cause errors? I didn't move/face a different direction at all.

so since I don't know the exact time (only that it was after 3:00 on march 16th, lol) does that mean I can't find my SID? or can I still find it if I have a shiny like we could do last gen? or is pandora's box currently the only way to find it?

(sorry reposted, cause it was the last post on the last page and wasn't sure if it got missed)

Have you considered the possibility that by walking out of the house, you are tripping the 128-step counter that advances the IVRNG? The counter is saved, you know. I think it might be a combination of this and you hitting the wrong seed.
Yes, after not being able to get the IV spread a few times, I walked a few steps, saved and tried again but I still got the same results.
Since nothing seems to be working, are there any AR codes I can use to find out the seed I hit? Not asking you to provide the codes, I just need the name for it so I can search and also instructions on how to use it.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Since nothing seems to be working, are there any AR codes I can use to find out the seed I hit? Not asking you to provide the codes, I just need the name for it so I can search and also instructions on how to use it.
It won't help you, using AR messes up the DS parameters.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
It won't help you, using AR messes up the DS parameters.
He's got a flashcart, he can use all the AR codes he wants and still find parameters.

Kudan: I don't know of any. What I suppose you could try is finding your parameters again, this time trying to hit your target time.

Bunny_Man_OC: You can always trade one of your Pokemon to someone who can find your SID. Just ask in Simple Requests\Simple Questions.

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
Well it just happened again with the same weird IVs as I've been getting randomly before.
Same seed and IVs as before: 759745BC with 31/31/31/14/31/31 MAC: 001CBE64BF74
I'm getting 1/17/16/28/16/6. I can't exactly use DS Parameter Finder because it's a roaming pokemon.

He's got a flashcart, he can use all the AR codes he wants and still find parameters.

Kudan: I don't know of any. What I suppose you could try is finding your parameters again, this time trying to hit your target time.
Thanks, I think I found the problem. All parameters were the same except for Timer0, which was 75B instead of 75A. I'll try this a couple times more to confirm.
This is weird because I did try finding my DS parameters while holding down the Up button, just not using the target time, and got 75A.
Does that mean different target times also affect Timer0?
Oh, and, I'm a girl, not a guy. :P

Edit: I tried again two times and I got a Timer0 of 75A on both occasions, hitting the method 5 for wild pokemon frame of 1. (Target for egg would be 8 and give me the correct IV spread I'm looking for as spread for wild pokemon and gift pokemon are the same.) So....

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
And now for the third time in a row I've hit the exact same wrong IVs. I really don't see how this is possible when I do a Roaming Pokemon when everything is fine for stationaries. What are things I could possibly be doing wrong?

Seed: 4bb903f1ce3e08
Time: 13:43:14
Target IVs: 31/30/30/31/31/31
Target Frame: 16
Date: 4/27/2011

Timid Pansage w/Everstone: 31 / 3 / 31 / 28 / 1 / 31
Naive Ditto w/Power Anklet: 31 / 30 / 30 / 31 / 31 / 31

I got this instead:
0 / 23 / 19 / 31 / 31 / 31

Could I plug what I got into Time Finder to see what frame I actually hit?

And now for the third time in a row I've hit the exact same wrong IVs. I really don't see how this is possible when I do a Roaming Pokemon when everything is fine for stationaries. What are things I could possibly be doing wrong?
when you did the search did you make sure to change the option from wild encounter to roamers?

if not, the same seeds yield completely different results, so this could explain continuously hitting the same/right seed (especially when you've done it consistently before) but not getting the right IVs.

if this isn't the issue, maybe your just starting to hit a different Timer0 value? I know this happened when I was RNGing a reshiriam, I calibrated like 6 times and got the same value everytime, but when it got to actually RNGing, I started hitting different seeds... about half of the time for some reason... it was the Timer0 value being funky...

Could I plug what I got into Time Finder to see what frame I actually hit?
No because some of the IVs are overwritten by the parent's IVs which is determined by the PIDRNG.

Thanks, I think I found the problem. All parameters were the same except for Timer0, which was 75B instead of 75A. I'll try this a couple times more to confirm.
This is weird because I did try finding my DS parameters while holding down the Up button, just not using the target time, and got 75A.
Does that mean different target times also affect Timer0?
Oh, and, I'm a girl, not a guy. :P

Edit: I tried again two times and I got a Timer0 of 75A on both occasions, hitting the method 5 for wild pokemon frame of 1. (Target for egg would be 8 and give me the correct IV spread I'm looking for as spread for wild pokemon and gift pokemon are the same.) So....
I retried everything I did for egg RNG but instead of letting any of the parents hold anything, I don't and I'm still getting the same wrong IV spread. (Most likely, because even though some IVs are changed because of inheritance, speed was still 1 and it's impossible to get it off any of the parents.)

I do hit the seed when I sweet scent for wild pokemon, but I don't when I RNG for eggs, and I can't find any IV spread remotely close to what I'm getting. (factoring in what might be inherited and using those that aren't to determine that.)

I tried everything I can come up with and I still don't understand what went wrong. *sigh*

Why when I hit my timer seed does a Durant always crop up and take the bait but when I miss my time does a Deino appear? The IV spread and synchronisor I. Used is for a timid dragon on victory road.

Will the deino never appear for me with the good stats and shouldi move to a different location? Thisis the second time that hitting my seed time only Durant appears as it happened on monday with a different IV spread and different seed time.

Just making sure, the roamer starting frame is just 1 right? That asterisk next to the 1 on the front page is just denoting the comment next to it?

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
I'm pretty sure I'm landing on the right PID frame, checked the ability/nature/gender of the Pokémon I caught, only the shiny part is missing.. so I guess my SID is wrong?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)