5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Non c-gear would be more precise. We can't predict them with PIDRNG, you'd have to wait for RNG Reporter for now.

I'd use a syncher for the sole reason of 52% chance of desired nature rather than 4%. Trial and error while hitting your seeds is the best (and only) way to go. Don't bother turning off the c-gear, just hope to have some luck :)

Just to make sure, is there still a shiny check on Zekrom/Reshiram when caught in the Dragon Spiral Tower? Just wondering because PIDRNG makes it seem like it can. (Also to take advantage as I found a backup save.)

True. By the way Bond, the latest release isn't being so nice to me. (lol) Only PIDRNG 2.0 seems to work for me. (For shiny PID tracking.)

EDIT: It's the xor, right? I probably have to still use 2.0 due to that. Can anyone give me the link to that version since I replaced it with 2.1.

I have a question, If my second timer doesn't give me enough time to actually enter the world and then Turn on the C-Gear which thing should I modify so I can get extra time?

An example is:
I put in Calibration 500 and my Target Delay is 897 and Target Sec. 45
What I get is 38 Secs. for 1st Timer and 6 Secs. for 2nd One :/ (I put 500 because I'm following Riski's post)

In other topic, how do I know I hit my seed? I have tried checking it with the IVMTRNG Seed Check code after activating the C-Gear but in Seed to Time says it's an Invalid Seed, thanks for your help and time!

Yeah Just re-read the First Post and saw the Minimum of 1000 >_<, thanks!
Any thoughts on my second question?, I'm clearly doing something wrong there :P

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yeah Just re-read the First Post and saw the Minimum of 1000 >_<, thanks!
Any thoughts on my second question?, I'm clearly doing something wrong there :P
If you are using the AR code to get the value of the MTRNG position:
Try and hit your seed. Write down the MTRNG value, and then capture any mon. It's essentially a calibration.
If your captured mon has your target IVs, the MTRNG value corresponds to that C-Gear seed.
When you hit that seed again, the MTRNG value will be the same as when you hit it during the calibration.​

Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott(all shiny)

Nature: Timid
Catch location: Starters!
30/18/30/31/31/30 Elec 70

This is the result of the very first 5th gen ID abuse. We had to manipulate it so that the non-CGear IV seed and the non-CGear PID seed were hittable at the same time and then I could advance to the proper frame for the PID and hit a shiny. IV frames can't be advanced, so that seed had to be on frame 1.

Saw this in Discuss my Pokémon.
Are there any seeds that yield flawless speed (31) along with all other stats 29+ on frame 1? If that's the case, I know what to aim for when I get my english version. :)

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Saw this in Discuss my Pokémon.
Are there any seeds that yield flawless speed (31) along with all other stats 29+ on frame 1? If that's the case, I know what to aim for when I get my english version. :)
Seeds are determined by many factors unique to YOUR DS. You won't be able to reproduce what Bond did exactly, you'll need RNG Reporter 9 (currently in beta, will most definitely be released shortly before the English release) to search for your own.

Seeds are determined by many factors unique to YOUR DS. You won't be able to reproduce what Bond did exactly, you'll need RNG Reporter 9 (currently in beta, will most definitely be released shortly before the English release) to search for your own.
No problem, I have access to... 2 DS Phat, 3 DS Lite and 1 DSi (not all mine of course); one of them SHOULD have the Mac adress I need for 31 speed and 29+ in the other stats on frame one. Hopefully.

edit: By the way, for OmegaDonut and all the other researchers: Thank you for what you've done. It's amazing how much time you put into all that, and the results are a better gaming experience for everyone. Rock on.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
No problem, I have access to... 2 DS Phat, 3 DS Lite and 1 DSi (not all mine of course); one of them SHOULD have the Mac adress I need for 31 speed and 29+ in the other stats on frame one. Hopefully.
There are several other variables in addition to the MAC address that we can't control, but anyway.

You should have no problem finding several good seeds on any of those DSes. I just can't give you a particular seed to go for, that's all.

Cassie

giant claw
i am looking to get started in RNG. Can i start with Gen5 or should figure out how to do it in Gen4 first?
You should be familiar with the mechanics of 4th gen at the very least. I RNG'd 2 pokemon in 4th gen before I started on 5th gen myself.

DONT LISTEN TO HIM HE LIES

i never rng'd anything before b/w and im crapping out 31/31/31/31/31/31/31/31 mons just about every day its THAT EASY

also, quick question on the PIDRNG reporter, is it basically like IVRNG where you just have to keep restarting for a seed? (well, wont be that way when 9 comes out right??)

is it possible to shiny rng eggs and stationaries without using ar when the US pokemon bw and rng reporter 9.0 comes out?

DONT LISTEN TO HIM HE LIES

i never rng'd anything before b/w and im crapping out 31/31/31/31/31/31/31/31 mons just about every day its THAT EASY

also, quick question on the PIDRNG reporter, is it basically like IVRNG where you just have to keep restarting for a seed? (well, wont be that way when 9 comes out right??)

The PID sort of comes along with your seed. It is what determines nature, ability, shininess and whatnot. You don't restart for it necessarily, unless you got the wrong nature of course.

You first hit your seed, then you catch/hatch your mon and see if you got the ability/nature you wanted from the PID part of the RNG. If you didn't then you reset. I hope this answers your question.

is it possible to shiny rng eggs and stationaries without using ar when the US pokemon bw and rng reporter 9.0 comes out?
Yes, but it is more difficult and the searching takes WAY longer in the RNGreporter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)