1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. ΩDonut

ΩDonut don't glaze me bro
    is a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

He's got a flashcart, he can use all the AR codes he wants and still find parameters.

Kudan: I don't know of any. What I suppose you could try is finding your parameters again, this time trying to hit your target time.

Bunny_Man_OC: You can always trade one of your Pokemon to someone who can find your SID. Just ask in Simple Requests\Simple Questions.
  2. Slashmolder

Slashmolder 'Ello Governor
    is a Programmer Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus

Well it just happened again with the same weird IVs as I've been getting randomly before.
    Same seed and IVs as before: 759745BC with 31/31/31/14/31/31 MAC: 001CBE64BF74
    I'm getting 1/17/16/28/16/6. I can't exactly use DS Parameter Finder because it's a roaming pokemon.
  3. Bunny_Man_OC

Bunny_Man_OC

Thanks. =)
  4. Kudan

Kudan

Thanks, I think I found the problem. All parameters were the same except for Timer0, which was 75B instead of 75A. I'll try this a couple times more to confirm.
    This is weird because I did try finding my DS parameters while holding down the Up button, just not using the target time, and got 75A.
    Does that mean different target times also affect Timer0?
    Oh, and, I'm a girl, not a guy. :P

Edit: I tried again two times and I got a Timer0 of 75A on both occasions, hitting the method 5 for wild pokemon frame of 1. (Target for egg would be 8 and give me the correct IV spread I'm looking for as spread for wild pokemon and gift pokemon are the same.) So....
  5. Slashmolder

Slashmolder 'Ello Governor
    is a Programmer Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus

And now for the third time in a row I've hit the exact same wrong IVs. I really don't see how this is possible when I do a Roaming Pokemon when everything is fine for stationaries. What are things I could possibly be doing wrong?
  6. MMX

MMX

Seed: 4bb903f1ce3e08
    Time: 13:43:14
    Target IVs: 31/30/30/31/31/31
    Target Frame: 16
    Date: 4/27/2011

Timid Pansage w/Everstone: 31 / 3 / 31 / 28 / 1 / 31
    Naive Ditto w/Power Anklet: 31 / 30 / 30 / 31 / 31 / 31

I got this instead:
    0 / 23 / 19 / 31 / 31 / 31

Could I plug what I got into Time Finder to see what frame I actually hit?
  7. Bunny_Man_OC

Bunny_Man_OC

when you did the search did you make sure to change the option from wild encounter to roamers?

if not, the same seeds yield completely different results, so this could explain continuously hitting the same/right seed (especially when you've done it consistently before) but not getting the right IVs.

if this isn't the issue, maybe your just starting to hit a different Timer0 value? I know this happened when I was RNGing a reshiriam, I calibrated like 6 times and got the same value everytime, but when it got to actually RNGing, I started hitting different seeds... about half of the time for some reason... it was the Timer0 value being funky...
  8. Kudan

Kudan

No because some of the IVs are overwritten by the parent's IVs which is determined by the PIDRNG.

I retried everything I did for egg RNG but instead of letting any of the parents hold anything, I don't and I'm still getting the same wrong IV spread. (Most likely, because even though some IVs are changed because of inheritance, speed was still 1 and it's impossible to get it off any of the parents.)

I do hit the seed when I sweet scent for wild pokemon, but I don't when I RNG for eggs, and I can't find any IV spread remotely close to what I'm getting. (factoring in what might be inherited and using those that aren't to determine that.)

I tried everything I can come up with and I still don't understand what went wrong. *sigh*
  9. Nickg07

Nickg07

Why when I hit my timer seed does a Durant always crop up and take the bait but when I miss my time does a Deino appear? The IV spread and synchronisor I. Used is for a timid dragon on victory road.

Will the deino never appear for me with the good stats and shouldi move to a different location? Thisis the second time that hitting my seed time only Durant appears as it happened on monday with a different IV spread and different seed time.
  10. Shinryu

Shinryu

Just making sure, the roamer starting frame is just 1 right? That asterisk next to the 1 on the front page is just denoting the comment next to it?
  11. ΩDonut

is a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

Yeah. It used to say 2, but now RNG Reporter accounts for that.
  12. Buckert

Buckert

I'm pretty sure I'm landing on the right PID frame, checked the ability/nature/gender of the Pokémon I caught, only the shiny part is missing.. so I guess my SID is wrong?
  13. Kudan

Kudan

Why is it when I right click and select 'Adjacent Seeds (current frame)' in the timer finder for a particular seed, I get a different seed for the same Timer0 and date? Note the highlighted seeds.

Show Hide
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  14. Hamstern

Hamstern

I just tried to RNG a shiny Cobalon. I found out my start frame was 42 and the shiny PID was at frame 277. I did my advances and got the nature and IV's but no shinyness O.o I know my ID/SID is right as I've abused wild shiny pokémon with it, but is it anything weird with stationary encounters/legendary pokémon that I don't know about?

I'm very sure I didn't miss the frame as the closest jolly PID is at frames 232 and 294 (no sync) :/
  15. Shinryu

Shinryu

Don't see any reason why not, just turn in place and hope you hit whatever Pokemon you want (or I suppose if you're more proactive, mess around and figure out what encounter slots and such you're hitting; Sweet Scent isn't needed at all, and I've RNGed Pokemon over at the Desert Resort while the SS's been out without any problems. So unless Giant Chasm operates under a different mechanic I'm not aware of...?
  16. ΩDonut

Goddamn it, it wasn't doing that the last time I checked.

Thanks for the screenshots and bug report.
  17. Kudan

Kudan

To add on, copy and pasting either seed or full seed onto the main window and generating under 'Method 5 (Standard Seed)' with Gift Pokemon selected does not give me the correct IV spread on frame 8.
    And another question, could that be one of the reasons why I'm not hitting the correct IV spread when RNGing for eggs but not for RNGing wild pokemon?
  18. Wichu

Wichu ACUPRESSURE
    is a Pokemon Researcher

If you RNG the roamer when it first appears, you can control the IVs, but not the nature/shininess. And vice-versa if you RNG at the Elite Four.
    The other RNG advances at 120 frames per second due to the rain/battle, right?
    Has anyone tried using a timer to get the correct advancement for the other RNG (similar to RNGing in Emerald)? It should be possible, right?
  19. Buckert

Buckert

I'm doing 540 turns now. I made a small mistake by make 1 step, what would that do to my PID frame? When I caught the Pokémon I saw it did have the right IV's, but when I checked it's nature/gender/ability, I found out he was 44 PID frames too high. Is that because of that 1 step?

Edit: When the minute chance while I'm advancing PID frame, does that advance my PID frame as well?
  20. mattj

mattj blatant Nintendo fanboy

It could have been blind luck, but i didn't even use a timer and got controllably consistent Natures just by spamming A to get through the sequence multiple times.
  21. Shaggeh

Shaggeh

When trying to hit my seed, I noticed Adjacent Seeds (current frame) or (frame 1) also shows a different seed completely for the same Timer0 date and time, when I tried to find out what seed I hit Using the DS Parameter search I find that I was hitting a Timer0 of C7D instead of the usual C7C when holding Start.

That C7D show's up as a completely different seed though as well for the same time, under the Adjacent Seed Finders.

I almost always hit a Timer0 of C7C when holding nothing, and also when holding Right for other RNG I completed, but holding Start for this seed keeps giving me a Timer0 of C7D. I wonder if I'm going to have to check my Timer0's Parameter for each different type of button held.
  22. ArcDeus

ArcDeus

Same here .
  23. Christian

Christian

I'd like to know how it is possible to catch shinies on B/W.
    I have sucessfully abused 2 non shiny pokemon as of now, but I was wondering what do I have to do to encounter shiny pkmn?
  24. Kurouzu

Kurouzu

I have downloaded beta 5 rng reporter and got my parameters in it.
    Timer0 min was C7B and i pressed use results in time finder. I checked box with ds parameters in Time Finder and Timer0 max was C7B, is it ok?
    If it is, all i need to do is generating ivs?
  25. Fenix54

Fenix54

PidRNG

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)