1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. lolnub

lolnub

What kind of encounter type is Breeding? I thought it was gift pokemon, but I get something different. Is it still frame 8 or?
  2. Kiebin

Kiebin

I think the Gift Pokémon setting frame 1 is frame 8 for wild Pokémon, if you catch my drift.
  3. KarlMee1234

KarlMee1234

If I have a spread that's on frame 34 and a nearest shiny frame of 3, does that mean that I have to advance the PID 3 times after I get to frame 34?
  4. Musica

Musica

Just a question, what do I need to know if I'm going to RNG abuse Wild Pokemon instead of Stationary ones?

What I have currently..
    1. Syncrhonizers
    2. My Seed, delay, spread.
    3. Sweet Scenters.

My questions..
    1. What are encounter slots and where could I find them?
  5. Showsni

Showsni

The PID RNG starts on frame 40 or so, so if you have a shiny on frame 3 you won't be able to get it.
  6. Kiebin

Kiebin

I have a problem finding my Parameters for White. I have captured 2 Pokémon on 09-24-2011 at 12:14:49 with the Down Button pressed.

MAC Adress: 0009BFDF3BB1

IVs: 6/2/7/26/20/13
    18/0/18/5/11/14

However, I get no results, I have used Sweet Scent though.
  7. Toast++

Toast++ o_o
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Programmeris a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Researcher Alumnus
    The Smog Lead

That step should do +2. Did you take into account the initial advancement of ~40? That would explain it.
  8. Nightmare13

Nightmare13

Bumping this from about 3 pages back.

Someone already mentioned the difference between running and walking, but can someone explain why there's a discrepancy between a step advancement and a save advancement? I thought they were both supposed to be by 1.

I'm looking for the sequence of natures / abilities above to figure out my PID starting frame but I can't find anything that matches within the first 400 or so PID frames, which is ridiculous. Maybe I'm overlooking something very simple but can someone help me?

Thanks.

EDIT: By the way I've confirmed all these captures at least twice and have double checked all their IVs to make sure they're all on the same frame/seed. I don't have a Chatot to test with (should be getting once soon, but it's irrelevant because I can't bring it with me since I'm hitting a spread on frame 3 and can only bring 2 pokemon with me).
  9. Toast++

Toast++ o_o
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Programmeris a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Researcher Alumnus
    The Smog Lead

Step/turn is +2 advancement vs saving is +1
  10. Nightmare13

Nightmare13

The OP should probably reflect that then, since it says that walking in areas with wild pokemon advances by 1 frame per step, no?

So does that also mean that the initial 128 running paces that I use to advance the IV RNG advances my PID RNG by 256 instead of 128? In that case I'm looking in the wrong range to find my PID frames.

At PID frame 321 I found what I needed.
    321: Modest, Regenerator Mienfoo
    322: Gentle, Regenerator Mienfoo (+1, save)
    323: Bold, Klutz Golett (+2, turn or step)
    324: irrelevant
    325: Careful, Druddigon (+4, two turns or steps)

I feel dumb now because it was relatively easy, but I was working off the main post the whole time. Someone should update that.

Thanks Toast.
  11. Viss

Viss

Alright... All the help I'm getting on getting a Shiny starter, while appreciated, is beyond me.

Anyone maybe have some free time, patience, and AIM to guide me step by step to maybe help me see where I'm going wrong? I'm JJackson9995 on AIM. There's a few things I'm getting hung up on such as:

Understanding if my IV seed has to have a Shiny PID (And if so, how to find it). I have a great initial IV seed, but I don't understand if I need to find a PID specific to that seed, or if that doesn't matter.
    Verifying which frames I'm hitting in regards to PID (Don't understand how to verify my PID at the very start of the game) (Don't really understand how to find out the SID/ID I'm hitting.
    And various other things that I'm sure will pop up, or that I missed.

I just think with AIM, I might be able to more quickly "get" where I'm making my mistakes... And hopefully catch on a bit more quickly.
  12. Toast++

Toast++ o_o
    The Smog Lead

Huh.. never noticed. It's actually a little inconsistent to walk but 90+% of the time, it's +2. Someone will have to update that.
  13. Kurouzu

Kurouzu

Any1?
  14. Nightmare13

Nightmare13

Thanks for the help, finally found a PID frame with the right ESV and nature and was capable of synchronizing 12 frames after my initial. Sprayed a 2nd repel after mine ran out, did 6 turns in place and caught it. :)

Feel like I'm starting to get the hang of this now lol...
  15. Drakiar

Drakiar

Will it be the same when you hit your seed over and over and .... like it's related to the seed?

And what is the "thing" I heard about "Chatot to advance my PIDRNG"?
  16. Princess Emily

Princess Emily

Another problem/bug I've noticed on the recent RNG reporter (the Beta 5):
    In this recent version, we can have the option to type our min & max frames, as opposed to only max frames...
    But it seems that there's some bug in this version...

In my case, I'm trying to find non c-gear frames higher than 1, which is at frame 8 in my case.
    I type the min and max frames to be 8...but the results were inaccurate...
    But if I set the min frame=1 and max frame=8, it gave me the seeds at frame 8...but not if I set my min and max frames to be my target frame. Is it a bug?
  17. Nightmare13

Nightmare13

When you record a custom call for Chatot, every time it plays in-game (by flashing over it's summary, for example), it advances the PIDRNG by one. At least, that's what I've been told. I don't have one to confirm yet.
  18. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Is it ever more than 2? Because I hit a frame that required 33 advances (started at 47, target was 80), and it ended up being 15 turns plus 1 save to hit it.
    Might be related to the bug with roamers where setting max frame=1 gives you bad results.
  19. Musica

Musica

Can anyone help me with Wild Captures? I can't seem to figure out what encounter slots are for.
  20. Toast++

Toast++ o_o
    The Smog Lead

The initial frame will be consistent to the seed, but the whole usually +2 thing seems more save-dependent. It's partially related to step counter and partially something else.

Edit:
    @Voodoo
    It is rarely more than 2. But yes, I've personally seen it advance 4 and 6 as well.
  21. Nightmare13

Nightmare13

Can someone clarify the gender ratios on the PID frames?

Like when it says:

M/M/F/F

I know that has to do with the species ratio of males to female, but which numbers are which ratios exactly, etc? Seems like basic information and I know that I've seen it before somewhere, but I can't seem to figure out where.

EDIT: Also, for the purpose of breeding, how do you know which parent is parent A and which is parent B? Is it just the order you drop them off in the day care?
  22. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

All of the percentages are the chance of being female. So just check the individual species's info on Bulbapedia or wherever and see which one fits it.
  23. chiizu

chiizu PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
    is a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcher

Since I believe you are using PPRNG:
    The gender displays what gender the pokemon will be for each possible percentage split between male/female in the following order: 87.5/12.5, 75/25, 50/50, 25/75.

So, in your example of M/M/F/F:
    If it's a 87.5% male species, it will be male.
    If it's a 75% male species, it will be male.
    If it's a 50% male species, it will be female.
    If it's a 25% male species, it will be female.

This ordering is slightly different than what's in RNG Reporter (which is 50/50, 87.5/25.5, 75/25, 25/75, I believe), because I found that ordering to be unintuitive.

As for the A and B, it seems it's A is first in and B is second in, unless you're using a ditto, if you go by this post. I may update the output when doing ditto breeding to be clearer.
  24. Akatsuki-Power

Akatsuki-Power

do i have to enter the full seed or the half seed in rng breeding?
    and i've heard,that who is parent A/B depends on gender
    if so,which gender is parent A/B?
  25. MMX

MMX

So according to the link you posted, if your using a ditto to breed, you should put ditto in second?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)