1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Gin

Gin

Can anyone help me with Thundurus? I keep getting strange IVs even when I hit my seed.
  2. Kaphotics

Kaphotics Remodeling Kitchens
    is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

Encounter slots determine what Pokemon appears on a particular frame. Exactly like last generation.

Right click a particular frame and calculate encounter slots. It will be 0-11.

Look at the tables. Columns 0 -> 11 will tell you what appears, and what level it will be.
    http://eggmove.com/encounterblack.html
    http://eggmove.com/encounterwhite.html

Once you find out what encounter slot your target Pokemon will be, find a frame in which that encounter slot will appear.
    Hit that frame and that encounter slot Pokemon is yours.
    If the nature and ability aren't to your liking, look further down the frame list.
  3. Flame

Flame

I did research on my own (again) and found out that the frame is not chosen with entering the cut scene, but with one of the other options. I saved inside the house and get the same correct IV frame almost every time.

But in bearsfan's video guide, it is told that same actions should bring same results as regards the PID frame. This does not seem to be the case with the Genies, because even if I DO the same route and turns every time, I get different results. I do not even have a clue about in which corner my frame could be located. I did the same movements 4 times and as results I got Serious, Brave, Naughty and Adamant (all of them standing for similar values exept Serious). I now wonder if this is pure randomness...

The main point is: could there be anything in that house or related to leaving the house that screws up my frame? I could think of the television there, but as I do not get constant results, I can not prove it...

Hope someone can help me with that.

edit: I forgot to mention that I use NON-CGEAR-RNG. Sorry for that ^^"
  4. firestorm xl

firestorm xl

would RNGing a gift pokemon count as RNGing a stationary poke?

also im doing C-Gear abuse and wondering about the roamer. should i take my steps near the door so i can walk out or can i just take the steps anywhere then walk out? im also wondering if its ivs are solid once i step outside and encounter it
  5. NspKiNG

NspKiNG

I think I'm staring to get it.

Alright so my Flawless Seed is on frame 6 for IVs. My Encouter Seed is on Frame 18 Slot 6.
    How do I advance the Encounter Frame without Advancing the Flawless Seed Frame 6?
  6. ventus603

ventus603

How do shinies work for non Cgear? Do I just input my SID and check shiny only? Or more importantly, can you catch shinies with any spread regardless of ID/SID?
  7. Antar

Antar That's Dr. Antar to you
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributor
    Official Data Miner

So this is probably a really stupid question, but how does one convert a seed to a time (standard abuse)?

The "BW (Standard Seed)" option is grayed out on my RNG Reporter.

[Edit: Okay, I just saw that date/time is listed in the seed finder. Darn--I wish I'd realized that before closing the window.]
  8. NspKiNG

NspKiNG

Okay after reading a bit more I think this is what I need to do. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm going this in a Cave

My Stander Seed frame is 6 (I do my 128 step with 5 pokemon in my party to Advance to 5) ( NO TURNING)

After That I advance the PID Frame 12 with a encounter slot of 9 by saving the game 12 times.
  9. Human

Human

When I was searching through the Natures/IV Inheritance of seeds I notice that the Ditto Parent is messed up giving me the IVs of a regular parent and it works the other way around when I use a different parent and the same goes with the gender, but the nature and ability is predicted correctly. Has this been happening to anyone else?
  10. Exploits

Exploits

If you're sure you know what your starting PID frame is, and that 12 advances is gonna give you want you want, then yeah.
  11. NspKiNG

NspKiNG

Shouldn't the starting PID frame be 0?
    When I turn the game on?

And since Im in a cave when I do my 128 steps it advances my PID by 2 frame per step?
  12. thetorsoboy

thetorsoboy

I'm confused on how to do shinies, since I get two sets of frames. I thought that if I had both frames at 1, I'd get it no problem, but that's not working.

Or, how do I check my starting PID frame?
  13. GrayFox1

GrayFox1

i know maybe is lame question but i cant find on how to set my eon timer to be 1 minute before target it is set to o minutes before target
    please help...
  14. NspKiNG

NspKiNG

Walk 128 steps and then catch a wild pokemon and check its IVs and put it into RNG Reporter PIDRNG repeat the process over a few time and see what your staring frame is
  15. Exploits

Exploits

No. The PID Frame never starts at 0. It starts around 40-60 right off the bat. After 128 steps, it should probably be around 300 or so.
  16. NspKiNG

NspKiNG

Yeah I kinda figure that out just now when I answer the question for thetorsoboy
    Thanks for your help I think I have a good understanding now.
  17. Nightmare13

Nightmare13

Here's a potentially interesting question...

How does the game determine when a wild encounter is going to occur? If this could be determined, it would be incredibly helpful to RNG pokemon in areas where you can't use Sweet Scent.

From a programming standpoint it obviously needs to come from an RNG somewhere. And the other reason I bring it up is because three times in a row in Giant Chasm (same seed and frame all times) I've encountered the same wild ditto after exactly 3 steps (unfortunately, I need a 4th step to hit a synchronizable ditto :( ).

EDIT: More details.

Seed is BEE3257E2A8565C9
    PID RNG for this seed starts at Frame 43
    Ditto in question is on frame 50 (Docile, No Sync, ESV 3)

I'm saved in a patch of grass without a repel active. 3 times in a row I loaded the game, saved once (to hit odd number frame advancements), then began taking steps forward and encountered the frame 50 ditto after 3 steps (7 total advancements). Then, trying to get past it, I saved 3 times instead of just one, but afterwards I encountered the SAME ditto after precisely two steps. No matter what I try that frame always activates a wild encounter.

Similarly, none of the frames that I'm trying to hit ever activate an encounter (5+ tries). Those would be frames 52, 62 or 64. Frames 46, 48, 54, 56, 58, and 60 don't seem to activate encounters either, but I haven't tested them too extensively.

I'm going to try a different seed and see what I can find out, since this seed seems to be a dead end for hitting the frames I want without sweet scent.
  18. Zelen

Zelen

First, thanks for OmegaDonut & co. for your hard work. You've really put a lot effort to this.

I've a problem with RNGReporter 9.5 Beta... For some reason it doesn't show shinies right for me.

TID: 14979
    SID: 60225

DS Lite Parameters:
    GxStat 60
    VCount 60
    VFrame 6
    Timer0 min C7C
    Timer0 max C7C

Seed: 7A0D4C5378032F3A
    Frame: 6
    Date: 4.1.11 15:38:07
    Keypress: L

When I paste this seed to Reporter's main window (Method 5 PIDRNG) and check "shiny only" and select Adamant as nature I'll get this PID:

!!!
    PID 8C095DCA
    Frame: 681
    Adamant
    Male

I actually hit the seed and managed to get myself to frame 681. I got the right pokémon with right gender, ability and and IVs... but it's not shiny.

I'm pretty sure my SID is right. Before this try I used Time Finder to find random shiny spread and managed to get it. :d So, I guess I'm doing something very, very wrong.

Thanks in advance!

@Kaphotics
    Glad to know that. Thank you very much! Maybe I'll wait for next release then or try to use Time Finder to find shiny spreads. ;o
  19. ventus603

ventus603

Posting again.
  20. Thatsjustpeachy

Thatsjustpeachy 意识渐渐远去,意志力永不褪色
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a World Cup of Pokemon defending champion

I have a few questions regarding the new rng reporter and shiny capture. If someone can help me that would be much appreciated.

About RNG reporter:

Can I keep my parameters the same as the april fool's version? For the timer0 i just kept it the same(both min and max as C7F) and did not check soft reset box. For the rest I have Method 5 standard seed, shiny only with both my IDs, encounter type wild pokemon all under the time finder. Just making sure Im on the right track.

About shinies:
    I have a seed with IV frame 1 and Shiny seed 206 and it also comes with Adamant nature. I place the seed in the main page, selected method 5 PIDRNG, starting frame 1, and it generate a list of natures. All I would need to do is advance the PIDRNG to 206? I read a bit back and exploit said to walk 128 step then catch a poke and then check the nature and stuff but if you have an IV frame of one, can you just not walk the steps, catch a poke, find the nature, repeat but saving more and more before catching another poke to find the starting PID frame?

Thank you to whoever answers :)

EDIT: VENTUS: I believe Your SID/ID gives you yours own unique shiny spreads at certain frames, im sure we can all hit any IV combo but ones we find managable will all be different. Some of us may get extremely lucky and have less work for a flawless spread while others gotta hit higher frames.
  21. Kaphotics

Kaphotics Remodeling Kitchens
    is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

It's a current bug in reporter.

8C095DCA = (1/0), your IDs are (1/1). The PID you are getting is 0C095DCA.

Code:
    Convert supposed PID, TID, and SID to binary.

Take the highest and lowest bits of the PID... (1 and 0)
    PID: [U]1[/U]000110000001001010111011100101[U]0[/U]

And the lowest bits of both the ID and SID (1 and 1)
    TID: 14979        001110101000001[U]1[/U]      
    SID: 60225        111010110100000[U]1[/U]

1 xor 0 xor 1 xor 1 =/= 0
    0x80000000 is XOR'd to PID, resulting in 0^0^1^1, == 0

Basically, when you add them all up,
    they should be either 0, 2 or 4 (not 1 or 3).

Further information in the [URL="http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3323618&postcount=665"]RNG Research thread[/URL].
    ===

@nightmare
    We already know how encounters are procced without sweet scent. It probably won't be implemented for a while though.
  22. Exploits

Exploits

@krabs: you don't need to walk any steps if your IV frame is 1. Just do what you just said.
  23. NspKiNG

NspKiNG

If your frame is 1 Then just advance the PID to 206. Since you wouldn't need to to advance your starting frame.
  24. Nightmare13

Nightmare13

Is there any way of figuring it out manually with the current information?

Also, is there a post somewhere that explains how it works?
  25. Thatsjustpeachy

Thatsjustpeachy 意识渐渐远去,意志力永不褪色
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a World Cup of Pokemon defending champion

Thank you for the confirmation, Ill give it a shot later tonight.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)

1. Vaporeon