5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Cassie

giant claw
^^ Do you mean the program PIDRNG? You need to put the upper and lower parts in their respectable places. And yes saving advances the PID frames by 1.

Ok, now that I have hit my seed, what do I do to make the pokèmon I want to catch shiny? I haven't check this part but it has something to do with the PID right?

Cassie

giant claw
C-gear is a lot like ID/SID abuse (it's easy though. :P) Non c-gear is alot like hitting a time (delay 0.) for pokewalker. I consider 5th gen easier.

Cassie

giant claw
It's only alike in the fact that you're basically hitting a delay of 0. There is only one timer, and at the end you should be choosing the game on the DS menu.

lol, I just searched for C-gear and your Info post appeared chihuahuaowner, about the PIDRNG if no Shiny PID appears when I am at my desired seed is not possible anymore for one to appear or can I do something for that?

and second you say I can follow my PID with the Upper seed code, but everytime I put the seed in the PIDRNG it gives me a new seed table, how do I follow it?

Cassie

giant claw
Using PIDRNG (which you should have downloaded) you can match your new values to the frame seeds generated from the upper and lower part you got when you first used the code. Basically, after you chose a PID you want, you advance and match the upper seed part value you get to the beginning of the frames. Let me know if that makes sense. Otherwise click on the #smogonwifi link and I can help there. :)

Edit: Shiny spreads are the ones with !!!.

I'm having trouble with using the RNG Frame Checker Code for Pokémon Black:

When I activate the code and check my ID, without advancing the frame, and after checking my seed via code, the Frame stands as 620something.

When I walk 128 steps with 1 poke, it works perfectly....but when I enter a battle....

I entered a battle at 700. When the battle ended I stood at 101 ._. Entered several battles after that.

I checked IV's of something I captured after the last battle ended, and it stood as

23/23/13/13/21/27

The results for Frame 18198 ._.

Sincerely...what happened to the code?? Why won't it show Frames correctly??

For abusing your ID/SID, will the program for that be in RNG Reporter 9 (Like Pandora's box) or will it be a seperate download?

Also, I heard that the MAC address of the DS determines the IV spreads you can RNG for. So, does EVERY DS have good spreads, or do you have to hope your DS does? I don't want to have to buy a new DS just to RNG :/

For abusing your ID/SID, will the program for that be in RNG Reporter 9 (Like Pandora's box) or will it be a seperate download?

Also, I heard that the MAC address of the DS determines the IV spreads you can RNG for. So, does EVERY DS have good spreads, or do you have to hope your DS does? I don't want to have to buy a new DS just to RNG :/
Your DS will have good spreads. Don't worry.

Ok, that's a relief :]

Also, a couple more questions about ID/SID abuse.

If you abuse for your ID/SID, is it only for reducing the number of frames for shiny pokemon? I'm not sure I exactly get what its purpose is.

hamiltonion

Nostalgic
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok, that's a relief :]

Also, a couple more questions about ID/SID abuse.

If you abuse for your ID/SID, is it only for reducing the number of frames for shiny pokemon? I'm not sure I exactly get what its purpose is.
As far as I know that AND ID/SID abuse is the only possible way to get shiny roamers.

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
I have a rather simple question I forgot to ask days ago...

We've been informed that ID/SID abusing can be done in B/W, but is the process the same as that for 4th Gen.? Or is the algorithm somewhat different?

If it's the same, then does it mean we're also going to use 4th Gen. Pandora's Box to abuse the ID/SID for 5th Gen.?

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
We've been informed that ID/SID abusing can be done in B/W, but is the process the same as that for 4th Gen.? Or is the algorithm somewhat different?

If it's the same, then does it mean we're also going to use 4th Gen. Pandora's Box to abuse the ID/SID for 5th Gen.?

Different Process, does not use the IRNG. It instead is much simpler and easier to do.

There will be a tool to help you RNG your IDs when the time comes, most likely as an update to Pandora's Box.

As far as I know that AND ID/SID abuse is the only possible way to get shiny roamers.
Ok, I see. So, if you abuse your ID/SID, are you abusing for a shiny spread for a roamer? And, will it be possible to get a shiny starter and a shiny roamer?

I'm confused about moving a Pokemon to the PC box..would we just be doing this until we land on the frame before our target and then just encounter a wild Pokemon? I want to make sure I have all this stuff down so I'll be able to RNG when I pick up my game when it's released. Thanks.

I'm confused about moving a Pokemon to the PC box..would we just be doing this until we land on the frame before our target and then just encounter a wild Pokemon? I want to make sure I have all this stuff down so I'll be able to RNG when I pick up my game when it's released. Thanks.
I wouldn't ever bother with the withdrawing pokes. Just walk steps. It's not that hard.

About my question does flying advances my PID or IV Frame? and I have another question, Will I be having the same Shiny PID anytime I enter the same seed but in different places? because it would suck to advance to 20000+ just to catch a poke I wasn't looking for >_<

Flying doesn't. But the pid will advance by the npcs, even with the flying scene. Also I think the same pids will appear using the same seed, even on a different date. For now, it's a guessing game with the Pokemon. (I've yet to encounter my kojofu, after 100000 frames.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)