1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Bond697

Bond697 Dies, died, will die.
    is a Pokemon Researcher

sorry, there was more to the bottom of that post. i suck at copy/paste apparently.
  2. Cryo Dragon

Cryo Dragon

Also, to add, this just happened again, after 8 saves...

wtf

And I know for a fact I am hitting the seed as I just did it a few times and got Timid/Whatever Nature Infiltrator (****) Flawless Cottonees
  3. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

DS Lite v5, and keypresses do change Timer0. Never successfully hit one, and I rarely have trouble with non-keypress seeds.
  4. Davee

Davee

Mine is v5. DS Lite

Code:
    None	C7C
    UP	C7B
    Right	C7B
    Down	C7C
    Left	C7C
    X	C7C
    A	C7C
    B	C7C
    Y	C7C
    L	C7B
    R	C7C
    Start	C7B
    Select	C7C
    I don't know if it was necessary, but I just "Find Parameters" with each keypress. Hope this helps

I hit my seed with Keypress A many times.
  5. Blitzenith

Blitzenith

So I generate a Physical flawless according to the generator.

MAC address: 00 21 47 83 44 EE
    Version: White English
    IV Pattern: Physical Flawless
    Timer0: 85-86
    VCount: 60-60
    VFrame: 6-6
    ID: 08181

2011/05/27, 14:55:43, Timer0 = 85
    No button presses.

According to the Cobalion I just caught, these were the specs:

HP: 11-13
    Attack: 13-15
    Defense: 16-18
    SpAtk: 18-19
    Special Defense: 9-10
    Speed: 30-30

The time and date are exactly the same as the generated values. In fact, everything matches, even the Timer0 value.

But the IVs don't match and I have two different seeds!

The one I caught is A8A609BB6A8EA843
    The one I was supposed to get was D40EDCEFB7033B2D

What gives? Everything is identical, but I got two different seeds and two different sets of IVs!
  6. RayquazaTheKip

RayquazaTheKip

Mine is V5. I got two Magenta screens as I followed the video. By the way, I believe it fluctuates in general. When I re-calibrated my results, they were different from my other one and did not let me hit my Keypress of X.

EDIT: Just to let you know, I hit a shiny seed with a keypress BEFORE I re-calibrated. Just letting you know for some re-enforcement on the fluctuating idea.
  7. Bond697

is a Pokemon Researcher

you have the latest reporter, right? 6.3? if not, update and search again. if you do, are you sure that timer0 did not fluctuate?
  8. Blitzenith

Blitzenith

I'm using PokeRNG for the Mac. According to both the parameter searcher and the seed searcher, the Timer 0 value was C85 and 85 respectively.
  9. Bond697

is a Pokemon Researcher

well, it's looking like the older the firmware gets the more likely it is that keypress will affect timer0. i have a couple of people with very old firmware, and their timer0 is pretty much completely consistently raised one with a keypress. i'm not saying that every keypress will raise timer0, but if you look at davee's list, something along those lines, just not for specific keypresses.
  10. RayquazaTheKip

RayquazaTheKip

For his list, it explains to me why I couldn't hit my seed. But, just one question.... You know how he lists that each Keypress requires C7C or something like that? If my Timer0's are C7B and C7C, does C7C go in the min box or he max box. I think it's max but I'm not sure.
  11. Blitzenith

Blitzenith

*grumbles*

So can anyone explain what went wrong with my attempt? How could it all be the same info but two different seeds?
  12. Bond697

is a Pokemon Researcher

i just did a search with reporter and those IVs and the info and i got the seed you ended up at with timer0 C85. are you sure the seed you want isn't at a timer0 of C86?
  13. thetorsoboy

thetorsoboy

Still not understanding shiny egg abuse no matter how hard I try to figure it out or read guides.

Anyone care to help?
  14. Cryo Dragon

Cryo Dragon

15. TwilightBlade

TwilightBlade

How do you interpret encounter slots? RNG Reporter says 10, so do I look on the chart for Pokemon with multiples of 10 or what?
  16. Blitzenith

Blitzenith

I don't think so.

http://i56.tinypic.com/359bjid.png
  17. Bond697

is a Pokemon Researcher

when you calibrate, you're using no keypresses. take that timer0 and make it the min then take that timer0 and add 1 to it and make that the max.
  18. pikabuddy

pikabuddy

Bump.
  19. hotdogturtle

hotdogturtle

I have a fat DS with v3, i.e. green screens. Your theory might explain a problem that I've been having recently.

When I first learned to RNG last week, I calibrated a bunch of times, and though the timer0 changed a little bit (possibly due to human error since I was new), the most common one was C80, so I used that for all my searches in RNG Reporter. When I RNG'd my first few Pokemon, I felt like my IV consistency was around 50%, which I thought was still pretty good since it was more lenient than HG/SS's timing for delays. Yesterday I was trying to learn how to RNG for PID/shinies, so I was using a new seed on C80 while holding Up. But this seed was like impossible to hit. I literally got it three times in more than 2 hours of trying (the 3 times I did hit it, I used them to find my starting PID frame, so I haven't even gotten my shiny yet). I couldn't hit it a fourth time, and it seemed like starting the game on the first half of the second consistently gave me one set of IVs and the second half gave me another.

So perhaps the fact that my DS is old and I was holding a button made this particular timer0 hard to hit? I had some trouble with my other RNGs while holding buttons but never this much. I did decide that I was going to lower my timer0 in future searches.
  20. Spoit

Spoit

v5, I haven't noticed any problems with fluctuating timer0s, most of the times I didn't hit the seed seem to be from hitting the wrong second.

quoting for a new page. I think that there must be something wrong with my procedure to have it be consistently...wrong
  21. The Giritina-man

The Giritina-man

So...how does one account for saving in front of Reshiram/Zekrom in the castle?
    I got correct IV's, followed the EonTimer as best as I could and caught Reshiram, waited till I lost to "N" and then I went in calculated IV's via Metalkid's newest calculator and then input the IV's into "Search IV's" and got "No match was found."

Oh yea...I downloaded the reporter from the 1st post.

Edit: Would starting C-gear BEFORE 2nd timer runs to zero affect the seed?

Other info: Seed: a9839272; Frame 2; Date/Time: 2011/04/28 09:57:00; Delay 3808.
    Mac addy: 7a8387
  22. Blitzenith

Blitzenith

Even if my Timer0 IS supposed to be C86 instead of 85, what should I do different so I hit 86 instead of 85?
  23. Cryo Dragon

Cryo Dragon

Still doing it but still no Flawless Timid PRANKSTER Cottonees... :/
  24. firestorm xl

firestorm xl

alright so im finding my DS parameters and i just completed my first test of it and got this:

Version: White(english)

Actual seconds:26
    Vcount:60
    Timer0:C7F
    GxStat:6
    VFrame:6
    Seed:64BADA6F89DBA57A

Date:4/10/2011
    Time:16:16:25
    No key presses

so how many tests would you guys recommend i do to find out what my constant Timer0 value would be? and how would you recommend doing it? let me know if i need to add more info
  25. Cryo Dragon

Cryo Dragon

Is it my Timer0? I only did one test to get it...

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)