1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Bond697

Bond697 Dies, died, will die.
    is a Pokemon Researcher

just wait, really. keep trying. for some it seems timer0 fluctuates based upon keypress and for others it seems to fluctuate on its own. it seems to be based on the firmware on your DS. i think i see a trend, but i'd like more data before jumping to any conclusions.

you calibrated with no keypresses, right? if so, the times you missed your seed were likely when timer0 was hitting C81. that's interesting, thank you.
  2. Blitzenith

Blitzenith

just wait, really. keep trying. for some it seems timer0 fluctuates based upon keypress and for others it seems to fluctuate on its own. it seems to be based on the firmware on your DS. i think i see a trend, but i'd like more data before jumping to any conclusions.

According to my stats though, the Timer0 was exactly where it needed to be. So what gives?

http://i56.tinypic.com/359bjid.png
  3. chiizu

chiizu PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
    is a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcher

You have entered 85 and 86 as your timer0 values instead of C85 and C86.
  4. Dizzyed

Dizzyed

If nobody has answered this.

I got a shiny archen from the plume fossil. This is what I did:

1. save in front of the fossil lady facing her direction with one of the fossil on hand.

2. Find a gift pokemon shiny seed in time finder with whatever nature you want.

3. restart your game and hit that seed and immediately mash a to give the lady the fossil, when you get the pokemon back check it's nature.

just repeat number 3 a bit and you will get 1 - 4 different natures. The guy in green in the top right area advances the PID rng randomly so there is no definite nature. Do not save to advance the PID either.

I got a mix of 3 natures and looked in RNG reporter after putting the seed in the main window and my 3 natures were on frame 47 48 and 49. My desired frame was 55 I believe.

After I knew my frame I would just load the game, wait about a second to talk to the lady and see if it landed on the shiny frame. After 4 tries of waiting a random amount of seconds I got my shiny frame.

It can take a while because the guy advances the PID on his own so you cannot control it manually. Wait the amount of seconds it takes to advance the difference in frames. in this case the difference would be 55 - 47 = 8 frames; I got it by luck I guess but if you keep trying and waiting a different amount of time each time you're going to eventually get it.
  5. Bond697

Bond697 Dies, died, will die.
    is a Pokemon Researcher

e: nvm, chiizu got it.
  6. neut986

neut986

does timer0 ever change over time? I know it fluctuates, but mine's been more or less constant until today, where I got a different result 7 times in a row.
  7. Cryo Dragon

Cryo Dragon

Ok back to my issue... uh...

I dont think Ive gotten a Prankster Flawless spread yet.

Wtf.
  8. Blitzenith

Blitzenith

I am now the proud owner of a Jolly, physically flawless Cobalion! Thank you all.
  9. pikabuddy

pikabuddy

Bump x 2.
  10. Tirade

Tirade

Any thoughts on this?
  11. FrenzyB3ar

FrenzyB3ar

at what point are Thundurus IV's and nature generated
    when your respawning from elite4 and the best save point?
    Need too RNG this thing
  12. Shinyweavile

Shinyweavile

I haz a question, and even though I'm sure someone has already answered it in these posts, there is no way I am going through 190 pages or so of posts. SO, my question: In RNG reporter 9 public v6 in the time finder it only gives me one choice of ds type, and all I have is a dsi, so can I do this with my DSi? It seems so, but I just need to know before I begin to really learn how to RNG.
  13. ΩDonut

ΩDonut don't glaze me bro
    is a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

You cannot do standard seeds on a DSi. Only C-Gear seeds, and for that it doesn't matter what your DS type is.

They are generated after the battle with the Champion. However, during any battle the IVRNG is advanced at 120 frame\second, so you need a frame in hundreds of thousands. And if you screw up - which is pretty much guaranteed to happen dozens of times - you have to kill off the roamer again and fight the Elite Four again.

Basically, if you're trying to RNG flawless roamers by respawning, you're screwed.
  14. firestorm xl

firestorm xl

If i calibrate at victory road after finding my parameters and all that i can go to a different area and RNG a wild pokemon correct? im also wondering still about my question above.
  15. The Giritina-man

The Giritina-man

I have 5 Pokemon in my party; syncher included. I started the timer when I turned off my DS after setting time and date and then waited at the "Yes/No screen to turn on the C-gear @Main Menu and then turned on the C-gear before the timer went to zero, but I didn't click the screen till the timer stopped.
  16. Shinyweavile

Shinyweavile

Thank you, omegadonut. Another question.... Does c-gear require the mtvirng or whatever thing? If so, it cannot be found without hacking, right?
  17. pikabuddy

pikabuddy

Okay, I used two different times to check my parameters. Each time gave me C7F, Vcount 60, and Vframe 6, respectively. Each search I do in the standard seed searcher gives me the two same results, and each of them has wrong IVs in game.

Still going for a special flawless deino caught in the wild.

Vcount:60
    Vframe:6
    Tmr0: C7F
    Mac Address: 00-23-CC-BF-8A-5F

Seed 1: CB3724E444C5AE63, frame 5, C7F, no keypresses
    Seed2: C5V1B1B4F373D9F9, frame 5, C7F, no keypresses

What do I do now? :(
  18. Spoit

Spoit

So after staring at the couple babies I had kept, and pounding my head against why the natures/gender/(DW) abilities were being passed correctly, but not the inheritance pattern, from my extremely small sample pool of like 3, it seems they are being passed by the pattern, but it was reporting the parent it's passing from backwards. EG, for the egg in the example, it was passing Fe/Ma/x/Ma/x/x
  19. Dizzyed

Dizzyed

Does anyone know what method I use to find adjacent seeds for a shiny egg? I know in time finder it's under PIDRNG - gift pokemon but in the main window is that still what I select or do I choose BW breeding?
  20. firestorm xl

firestorm xl

when calibrating to find my parameters is it recommended i change my timer0 value to see what is common? i just did another test with the same time as before and got the same results
  21. ΩDonut

ΩDonut don't glaze me bro
    is a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

The RNG check code? That's for research purposes only. You don't need it or any other hack to do C-Gear RNGing.
  22. Shinyweavile

Shinyweavile

Ok, thanks, Now I have to go find someone who can help tutor me.
  23. The Giritina-man

The Giritina-man

I want to RNG Reshiram at the castle.
    I want to know if there's anything I should do.
    I already have my Frame and Date/Time and Eon Timer set up.
  24. Fedoraman

Fedoraman

Hey guys, just figured I should chime in with my issues and observations.

Firstly, I'm using a DS Lite with v5 firmware, and an English copy of Black.

Now then, I've been having an impossible time trying to RNG non-C-Gear style. After a lot of checking and double-checking my calibration, I've found that my Timer0 value sits pretty evenly between C7C and C7D - one is always emphasized over the other, depending on the seed.

I'm consistently able to hit a seed on either of the above values, but only if there are no held buttons involved, and only if I don't have to advance the PIDRNG at all. Whenever I do either of those things, it seems like the Timer0 value switches to its counterpart, up or down. For example, if the seed I'm going for is on C7D with a held button, the frame I land on - and the subsequent nature, ability and IVs - is from C7C. If I try the same seed again and advance the PIDRNG once, I get the C7C seed again, one frame higher than the last. And so on. The reverse is true, as well - if I try to hit a C7C seed that requires either of those things, the end results are all from C7D.

I know folks have been talking about held buttons flat-out increasing the Timer0 value, but I haven't seen anyone suggest the idea that it might actually just switch back and forth between two points. If some specific examples are required, I'd be happy to make some more attempts at it and post the results tonight or tomorrow. But I at least wanted to say something, just in case it helps - and I hope it does. <3
  25. A e t h e r

A e t h e r

I'll give it a shot, thanks for the reply.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)