1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Cryo Dragon

Cryo Dragon

Ok I am positive Im doing something terribly wrong. I'm trying 2 different seeds,

2021/07/05 12:51:46
    and
    2023/01/03 7:53:34

DS Lite, 00-23-CC-CD-05-5E
    White (English)
    TID: 48409
    SID: N/A
    Timer0: C7E-C7E
    VCount: 60-60
    VFrame: 6-6

Breeding, by the way.

I am not getting ANY Flawless Cottonees...
  2. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers Self-proclaimed DEAD king
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Well, I'm holding the buttons from the DS "start screen" until I take the GBA cart off, and it always shows a magenta screen. Am I doing this right?

Reposting. What is that "shiny max frame" field for, should I use it or the Min / Max ones, why do I keep getting that blasted frame 5 Litwick instead of frame 7, why did walking and then turning+walking gave me something completely different, and am I doing it right looking for shiny spreads with Method 5 PIDRNG, Wild Pokémon?
  3. ncsbert

ncsbert

I'd like to echo the same if I could. My finding are consistent with yours. The Fe/Ma inheritance denoted by 6.3 beta is actually inverted.

Seed: A1538CB6E3C48F26
    Mother's IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31 (flawless)
    Father's IVs: 4/12/5/31/2/5

I deduced a starting PID of frame 57, but only if the inversion was true. After running another trial with a few more PID advances, I landed on frame 61 which yielded a spread of: 31/12/31/31/31/31

However, that PID frame (61) reports that the inheritance should have been:
    Ma/Fe/x/x/x/Ma
    As we can see, the 12 Atk could have only come from the Father, and the 31's for HP and Speed only from the Mother.
  4. ΩDonut

ΩDonut don't glaze me bro
    is a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

Yeah, we discussed that earlier in the chat today. The first page link's been updated with a beta 6.4.
  5. Sæglópur

Sæglópur

So for breeding, is the starting PID always 1 or is it still in the 40-60 range?
  6. pikabuddy

pikabuddy

Bumping
  7. ΩDonut

is a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

Still in the 40-60 range, not counting the advancements of the NPCs.

Please mention which version of RNG Reporter you are using. This goes for everyone from now on, it's now an official rule.
  8. Cryo Dragon

Cryo Dragon

bump

Using PPRNG for the Mac
  9. ΩDonut

Catch the Cottonees, find out their IVs, and redo your parameter search with them. Make sure you make no IVRNG advancements of course.
  10. The Giritina-man

The Giritina-man

bumping
  11. Cryo Dragon

Cryo Dragon

Im in White version and Im breeding >_>
  12. TwilightBlade

TwilightBlade

Kind bump. ^.^

Also, he's breeding Cottonee, not catching. I am attempting to breed one too, but nothing matches the PIDRNG within frames 40-80. I was fairly comfortable with hitting my timer0 value; I should find my parameters using version 6.4 now?

@The Giritina-man: Sync, repels, false swipe, speed tie pokemon (if not using 100% capture or master ball) and empty slot in party... I think that's all you really need.
  13. firestorm xl

firestorm xl

somewhat a bump
  14. Carefree Cradily

Carefree Cradily

15. The Giritina-man

The Giritina-man

So...I has the right idea then?
    Lose to N after capturing Resh?
    Also...the frame is unaffected after capture, right?
  16. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers Self-proclaimed DEAD king
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Re-quoting it because something weird happened now. I didn't advance my frame, I just pressed Continue without turning the C-Gear on and went straight to my Maractus to use Sweet Scent. I got the right seed as it seems, but... the first female Jolly, the caught Elgyem's gender and nature, frame possible on it is 22. How?

EDIT3 -- See, happened again. And again. Now I turned east once and changed my frame to... 47. Funnily enough, frame 45 is female Jolly...

EDIT4 -- Oh wow, I tried another seed with a shiny frame at 48 and it worked! I still don't understand why I was starting at frame 45 in every seed I was getting, though... Is it because of my timer0?
  17. Ruby Crisstae

Ruby Crisstae

ok so i am trying to rng a shiny jolly sandile, it is on frame 765 so i advanced my frame by running laps of 5, 25 times(125 steps in all with an extra 3 steps means 128) this means 25 turns within those laps as well(turning in place advances the frame by two) and then i added them both up and got 306 765 minus 41(my starting frame) is 724- 306 is 418/2 is 209(so i turn in place 209 times) and i dont hit the shiny frame, the nature and gender were off (my ivs are correct though) i cant even judge where i hit on the pid rng list, idk what's up, am i calculating wrong?
  18. Cryo Dragon

Cryo Dragon

Posted w/o Quotes...

I am breeding Cottonees in White with Beat Up trying to get Prankster/Timid with a flawless spread.

I just redid my Parameter Search with a Durant and got the same things;
    Timer0: C7E
    VCount: 60
    VFrame: 6
    1 second delay on press...

Im breeding with 4 Pokemon in my party but for some reason I wasnt able to hit the 2012/07/05 and the 2023/01/03 seeds.

Hell Im having issues hitting seeds in general now...

wtf.
  19. firestorm xl

firestorm xl

20. Tirade

Tirade

I tried another Seed under the "Find ID Seeds." This time I went with:

Seed:196D84AEBB80B085
    Date: 5-14-2011 00:33:38
    Frame: 46
    TID: 24638
    SID: 02278
    Button: None

Ended up getting a Trainer ID of 18911. I put that in the TID box and a seed did come up with a Frame of 43. So I figured, it must be 46-43 = 3 No's to Juniper. Tried that and I did not get the Trainer ID 24638. I'm not really sure what else to do here. A little help would be great (although I know you guys have been fantastic already).
  21. TwilightBlade

TwilightBlade

Many thanks! RNG Reporter links to something with ESV values of 30s-40s and other confusing things...

Ruby Crisstae: Sandstorm screws your PIDRNG....

Okay, I am trying to standard seed abuse a frame of 14. I need to do 13 advances, which is an odd number. Does the Nincada/Shedinja method work? I.e if I evolve it in my party, does the IV frame automatically increase by 7, leaving me to walk 128 steps with then party of 6 (or even 256 with party of 3...). This math sounds about right..?
  22. IcyFlame05

IcyFlame05

Though it says my nearest shiny is at the PID frame 89 (Impish), i have an everstone on the female pokemon that i'm using to breed, is there a chance that the everstone might override the nature the PID frame is giving me?

RNG reporter 6.2

EDIT: Another question. Do i use gift pokemon when breeding shinies or Shiny Pokemon (All encounters)?
  23. Dizzyed

Dizzyed

TwilightBlade did you find out how to find your frame when breeding shiny eggs? I was having the same problem in that every nature pattern I got wasn't in the 40 - 60 frames or even within 200 frames of it. Do I have to use the BW breeding method?
  24. Ominous Fyre

Ominous Fyre

Hey Bond. I have a DS Lite with Firmware V5 (Two Magenta Screens)
    Also, my Timer0 seems to fluctuate a lot, however I was looking at Davee's button presses, and his presses explains why I see so many "quick to flee" characteristics (Going for 31/31/31/30/31/31, getting 28/16/10/15/23/29) My "normal" (No keypresses) is C7F, However the seed I am going for, 3D7770B7E8B34C5A uses the "up" keypress," which according to the chart back there, would give me C7E. So I did a little research of my own. In the simple seed generator, plugged in everything normal, so I should get my seed back, but changed my Timer0 to C7E. This gave me a different seed of course. I plugged the first half of the seed, 36F98886EB568B5C (So just 36F98886) to the Method 5 (Standard), and on frame 6 (the frame I am aiming for) was none other than this spread: 28/16/10/15/23/29. Just thought I might let you know. Based on the usefulness of past information of mine, this is worthless however much I think I am on to something.
  25. ΩDonut

Those aren't ESVs. Those are LEVELS.

The only confusing thing about that chart is that it doesn't indicate that the first column is encounter slot 0, the second column is slot 1, etc.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)