1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Dark Morford

Dark Morford

I'm using a DS Phat with FlashMe v8a, which I believe is based on the official v3. It turns green when I use the Pictochat method, at any rate. I fluctuate between C7F and C80 whether or not I have a button held.

I also have a v5 DS Lite that I haven't done any calibrating on, but it seems you've got plenty of data points there, anyway.
  2. Cryo Dragon

Cryo Dragon

Again. What do you mean he could walk the steps before entering Victory Road? Aren't there wandering NPCs outside?
  3. Slashmolder

Slashmolder 'Ello Governor
    is a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcher

In the main form right click on a generated PIDRNG frame. Choose calculate Encounter Slots. It will tell you all the encounter slots in a popup and give you a link to a table for all the encounter slots. Find what type of encounter it is and look at the number for the slot. Then look at the table where you are trying to encounter the pokemon and see what pokemon appears on that slot.
  4. Tirade

Tirade

I tried another Seed under the "Find ID Seeds." This time I went with:

Seed:196D84AEBB80B085
    Date: 5-14-2011 00:33:38
    Frame: 46
    TID: 24638
    SID: 02278
    Button: None

Ended up getting a Trainer ID of 18911. I put that in the TID box and a seed did come up with a Frame of 43. So I figured, it must be 46-43 = 3 No's to Juniper. Tried that and I did not get the Trainer ID 24638. I'm not really sure what else to do here. A little help would be great (although I know you guys have been fantastic already).

Anybody? I am drowning here. I'm sure I have misunderstood one of the steps. Probably #5 in Bond's tutorial.
  5. Rocket Boss Giovanni

Rocket Boss Giovanni

Will RNG Reporter ever have the search functionality to search across multiple months? It gets pretty annoying to not get any seeds in a month (considering how long a search can take) and have to start it all over again with a new month.
  6. Exploits

Exploits

On the main window of RNG Reporter go to Method 5 PIDRNG. Enter your full seed and ID/SID. Check off the shiny only box and make the encounter type Wild Pokemon. This should bring up all the shiny frames within that seed. Right click on the frame you're aiming for, and press Calculate Encounter Slot. Next to Sweet Scent (Grass/Cave), it will have a number from 0-11. You match that number with the encounter slot table which is on the bottom of that page. You just click on the version you have, then look for the area you're doing this at. The first pokemon is 0, the second is 1, etc.
  7. jones115

jones115

and my question is related to this :)
  8. firestorm xl

firestorm xl

the one that appears when you open RNG reporter? if so how i went to there and put everything you said to put. do i need to enter the ivs and change the max results or something?

Edit: nvm i got it

Edit 2: nope nevermind still need help on this lol
  9. Blitzenith

Blitzenith

To do Shiny Abuse, do I need my SID? Is there any legal way to find my SID?

In addition, I've been breeding flawless eggs -- or at least trying. I need to set the IV frames to 8/8 min/max, correct? Also, I've been picking up the egg from the daycare man and got the same IVs twice. To be expected, correct? But this can be altered by Saving? I saved once and picked up the egg again. Same IVs, different Nature. If I save enough, will the IVs change (the inheritance, that is)?
  10. The Giritina-man

The Giritina-man

Yes, to shiny abuse, you need your SID.

To find it is 2 ways: AR or Pokesav. Pokesav will require a Flashcart and ROM. However, there are so many English ROM's and no Pokesav for Gen 5...so you may have to find somebody w/an AR?
  11. Blitzenith

Blitzenith

So I can't do it legitimately either way? That's a bummer.
  12. Wichu

Wichu ACUPRESSURE
    is a Pokemon Researcher

If you started the game on a DS or DS Lite, and you know the rough time at which you started it, you can use your DS parameters to find a matching starting seed (and thus deduce your SID). If you started it on a DSi or 3DS, you'll have to wait until their seeding values are found.
  13. Blitzenith

Blitzenith

The Trainer Card has the hour and minute, correct? Could I guess my way with altering the seconds till I hit something?
  14. Dark Morford

Dark Morford

Gen V Pokesav exists. A quick Google search will find it.
  15. Wichu

Wichu ACUPRESSURE
    is a Pokemon Researcher

I think the trainer card only has the date. PPRNG (the Mac program) has a function specifically for this; if it's not in RNG Reporter, I could find it for you if you give me the date, rough time, and DS parameters.
  16. The Giritina-man

The Giritina-man

Ok...that is different.
    But good luck trying to find a workable ROM.

Now then...how exactly do you know (or kind of) know when the timer hits zero and it is ok to start the game and turn on the C-gear? Are you looking at the 1st number? Or all the numbers together?
  17. Cryo Dragon

Cryo Dragon

Ok I found a problem with breeding.

I MIGHT be not hitting my seed but Im pretty sure this is not the case.

Whenever I try advancing the PID frame by saving I get the wrong spread...

any ideas on how to fix this?
  18. Exploits

Exploits

NPCs make it difficult to predict.
  19. Radius

Radius

Been looking at the first page of this thread. Is it possible to RNG abuse for a shiny wild pokemon using the C-Gear method? If not then is it possible to RNG abuse using non C-Gear without using an AR for MTIVRNG?
  20. Slashmolder

Slashmolder 'Ello Governor
    is a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcher

It's actually quite simple to do regular seed abuse not for shinies. I myself haven't figured out how to correctly do shiny abuse for normal seeds so I can't help you there.
  21. firestorm xl

firestorm xl

exploits:

after ive figured out my encounter slots how would i go about RNGing the durant?
  22. hotdogturtle

hotdogturtle

What do you mean by this?
  23. firestorm xl

firestorm xl

alright so i decided im gonna do an RNG breed. how can i get shininess on it? i have my SID and everything
  24. Spoit

Spoit

Is there an easier way to find shiny egg PIDs than checking each individual seed in breeding (BW)? The nearest shiny frames in the time finder don't seem to have any correlation with the breeding frames.
  25. shroomhead

shroomhead

I had the same problem yesterday. Try putting that new TID you got from saying 3 No's into the TID box and see what frame you get. If I'm not wrong, you're probably hitting frame 47 after 3 No's so try 2 No's instead.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)

1. Ves