5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
does the fog in Giant Chasm affect you when trying to rng?
Well.. it keeps you from sweet scenting IIRC.

This is something I never did in 4th Gen, but just be sure, to have a better chance of getting better shiny spreads, I would need to use Pandora's Box to get a better ID/SID combo correct?
That's the idea. You can get lower frames with decent IVs.

I know it can't but I remember seeing a post in this thread where a poster did RNG with his DSi. I don't think is the C-Gear method.

What are the chances it will succeed? For Standard seeds.

Toast++

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I know it can't but I remember seeing a post in this thread where a poster did RNG with his DSi. I don't think is the C-Gear method.

What are the chances it will succeed? For Standard seeds.
Not 100% sure what you're asking here.. DSi can only really be done with C-Gear seeds right now. Others have just kept the date and time of a decent IV spread that they happened to get and re-hit that.

Oh I'm sorry. I'm in a rush just now so I did not phrase my question properly. Alright let me paraphrase.

What I meant is that, if I were to use DSi and carry the standard seed RNG, what are the chances it will succeed?

Toast++

I don't suppose you have a link to any guides on this? I think the one I'm using is outdated with current RNGreporter.
I was in the middle of making one when my computer died. I don't think anyone else has done one.

Oh I'm sorry. I'm in a rush just now so I did not phrase my question properly. Alright let me paraphrase.

What I meant is that, if I were to use DSi and carry the standard seed RNG, what are the chances it will succeed?
Very close to 0.

Sigh...guess I have to do it the hard way. I can breed perfect IVs egg right? Using C-Gear method. Actually, what's the detrimental part about using the C-Gear method? Except for being time consuming and troublesome.

Toast++

Sigh...guess I have to do it the hard way. I can breed perfect IVs egg right? Using C-Gear method. Actually, what's the detrimental part about using the C-Gear method? Except for being time consuming and troublesome.
You don't have control over PID, nature, etc. That also means that you can't control egg inheritance so perfect IV eggs are doable, but you need perfect parents.

I was in the middle of making one when my computer died. I don't think anyone else has done one.
Sorry about the computer problems. I'd be quite interested in seeing this, though. ^.^

EDIT:@ExquisiteZero: All you can manipulate with the C-Gear method is the direct IVs of the baby. After those IVs are set, though, they're overwritten with some IVs from the parents - that's the inheritance part of breeding, and using the C-Gear method, you'll have absolutely no control over that. So if one of your parents has an Atk IV of 4, there's a chance that your baby will have an Atk IV of 4 even if the spread you found with RNG Reporter said it should be 31.

Can someone tell me how to capture Shaking Spot Pokemons in a cave? I captured non-C gear wild pokemon, but I don't understand, where I have to be to see a shaking spot..
I've noticed you've been looking for an answer to this question for a while. Abusing a shaking spot is is essentially the same as abusing a wild pokemon but you're going to have to go at it with just a slight difference in approach. It's the same as non C-gear abusing a wild pokemon, the only difference is that you have to make some frame advancements to give yourself and the game an opportunity to throw a shaking spot at you. Abusing shaking spots doesn't happen with spreads on frame 1. Go a little higher. If the shaking spot happens to be an item, don't worry it doesn't screw up your advancements. You can either decide to move a little more hoping the game will throw another one at you but moving too often might have you frame advance again or repeat the whole process again.

( Translated with translator)

Good, I am trying to look for my parameters DS using a pokemon black SPA. but when I put all the information, and then the range of the IV of the poke that I capture in the victory road, result does not go out for me ningun. If wide the range of search, probably it works out some, but I have verified in several attempts that all the different information goes out, or directly it does not even go out. I put image of the last attempt:

Which means, if i have a flawless ditto, it doesn't matter if my other parent is not flawless?
There's a chance it will inherit all 3 IVs from the flawless Ditto.

There's also a chance it will inherit all 3 IVs from the other parent.

To be sure, you either need to play with PID frames in RNG Reporter, or you need both parents to be flawless.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I trying to RNG abuse a shiny Kyurem. The seed is 35F8B1267036CB49 and I'm using RNG reporter BETA 6.4.

My start frame for this seed (after doing 128 steps to advance the IV frame to 6) is 332 and my shiny PID is at 573 (Rash nature, but can be synched).

I hit my seed, and advanced my IV and PID frame, and Kyurem is not shiny? It still got the right nature (rash). The same thing happen when I tried to RNG abuse Cobalion. I know I have the right ID/PID because I have RNG abused wild pokémon before :/

Am I not supposed to have methoud "Stationary Pokémon" or what is the problem?
The PID for stationary legendaries like Cobalion is actually 2 higher than what it should be. If you have to hit PID frame 246, for example, you would have to advance to frame 248 instead.

In your case you would advance to 575.

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
( Translated with translator)

Good, I am trying to look for my parameters DS using a pokemon black SPA. but when I put all the information, and then the range of the IV of the poke that I capture in the victory road, result does not go out for me ningun. If wide the range of search, probably it works out some, but I have verified in several attempts that all the different information goes out, or directly it does not even go out. I put image of the last attempt:
date's backwards, you need to make it 4/11/2011. it uses the US order. :)
(thinking about it now, does this matter if the system date is set the same way? maybe it doesn't need to be changed?)

e: i'm searching right now, and i can't find any reasonable hits for you. i tried with a soft-reset and found nothing. you're not moving right? you're just sweet scenting? also, do not press any keys when starting the game until after the white "the pokemon company" logo is gone.

e2:

searching using your set of dates gives me a sort of ok hit:

60/C1C/6/6, but it's at 0 seconds and the timer0 is incredibly low. it kind of doesn't make sense. you should probably just try again.

Bond697 but oddly on anoher page, such as the seed time finder the dates are displayed in the correct World Wide date fashion, i.e DD/MM/YYYY....its pretty confusing for me why they used both different formats in the same application - especially as i only use DD/MM/YYYY being UK based.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Ok, I feel dumb for knowing Standard seeds started in the 40-60 frame range beforehand and then completely forgetting about it when I try to RNG for the first time. But now I have another question: when I get a seed and it says "timer0 c7a, keypress Select", should I press Select once before the Game Freak comet (or even before the Pokémon Company logo, whatever), or keep it pressed? My timer0 usually is c7a without pressing anything. There's a 31/30/30/31/31/31 spread here but I need to "keypress" Start for it, it's almost insulting.

EDIT -- Eh, I actually have a lot of almost-flawless HP Ice 70 spreads and they all require a keypress...

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Ok, I feel dumb for knowing Standard seeds started in the 40-60 frame range beforehand and then completely forgetting about it when I try to RNG for the first time. But now I have another question: when I get a seed and it says "timer0 c7a, keypress Select", should I press Select once before the Game Freak comet (or even before the Pokémon Company logo, whatever), or keep it pressed? My timer0 usually is c7a without pressing anything.
You should redo your parameters holding down a button, just to make sure. And you should hold it down from the moment you start from the DS menu.

Mario With Lasers

You should redo your parameters holding down a button, just to make sure. And you should hold it down from the moment you start from the DS menu.
From the moment I load the game? Okay, I'll try to catch Virizion once before trying to Sweet Scent and check my parameters. But for how long do I have to hold it?

EDIT -- Hah, I held it from pressing A to load the game until the castle scene, and it worked! Thanks OmegaDonut, now I just have to find a not-sucking ass shiny seed.

From the moment I load the game? Okay, I'll try to catch Virizion once before trying to Sweet Scent and check my parameters. But for how long do I have to hold it?

EDIT -- Hah, I held it from pressing A to load the game until the castle scene, and it worked! Thanks OmegaDonut, now I just have to find a not-sucking ass shiny seed.
Sweet Scent! So you got shininess to work? :D :D :D

Feel like explaining it? ;)

Okay, now I'm getting annoyed with this..

Seed: A293E11E64016E96
Shiny at: Frame 257
ID: 30551
SID: 02218

Under the Stationary Pokémon option of Method 5 PIDRNG frame 257 should give me a shiny Naive spread. I'm at Cobalion, I hit my naive frame after advancements, but it's not shiny. What is going on?

EDIT: I use RNG Reporter Beta 6.4
New Page. Also, I use a Brick DS with firmware 4 (yellow screens) and on White I have a lot more trouble with fluctuating Timer0's then in Black.

Mario With Lasers

Sweet Scent! So you got shininess to work? :D :D :D

Feel like explaining it? ;)
My only problem with getting a shiny frame was that I thought the PIDRNG started at frame 1, but it starts at the 40-60 range; once I realized it, it became much easier. I only got a shiny Litwick for now, and it was only a test (I didn't even care about its Nature/gender/IVs); now I'm looking for a seed with quad-flawless HP Ice IVs and a low Timid shiny frame... And I know it's going to take a while.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 23)