1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. andrea

andrea /me cresselias

Yes. Enter your full seed into PIDRNG and you can see how it changes in each PID frame advancement.
  2. ΩDonut

ΩDonut don't glaze me bro
    is a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

Yes, because the PIDRNG is what determines the encounter slot, not the IVRNG. Don't mix up the IVRNG and PIDRNG. They have no bearing on each other.
  3. firestorm xl

firestorm xl

alright so im trying to find shiny spreads with the ivs i want and im not getting any results. i have the shiny box checked and im on standard seed. should i keep searching every month for the spread or is it not possible for me to get the spread i want?
  4. COKTAL

COKTAL

Does weather effect frames like it did in 4th gen? I'm working on abusing Thundurus, but I'm struggling to find where my starting frame for natures/shiny is. I've done 4 attempts, each time doing one more chatot call than the previous and I think I've found my starting frame, but they are still spread out a decent amount (204, 214, 222, 223). So should I just do multiple ones without any advances and see if I can get a more concise range, or does that appear to be okay for what I need?

Also, any tips for those that have abused shiny Thundurus before would be appreciated.
  5. MMX

MMX

When I hit a PID with a "True" for DW ability, am I guaranteed to have the DW ability, or is it a 40% chance?
  6. Kaphotics

Kaphotics Remodeling Kitchens
    is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

Rain advances the PIDRNG by 60/s.
    Earlier in the thread someone had a frame 1900+ offset.

Snow advances it to 316+ offset off frame 1.

Use the PID%6 and a lot of trial and error to find your initial frame (accounting rain).

==

DW inheritance is a current bug due to the correction of everstones, looks like.

You didnt hit the same frame! You might have had multiple shiny frames, but different pre-IV PIDRNG results.

Assuming you didnt use power items... It was working before, we had to correct everstones and DW will be corrected later. It's a 40% chance.
  7. MMX

MMX

I hit the exact same seed for when I bred my DW swablu, and I got the DW ability. But when I bred Gligar, it had Sand Veil.
  8. V4Victini

V4Victini [22:01] <&Stellar> I'm gonna edit ALL the YAML files
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcher

Unfortunately it does, making the roamers a hassle to RNG
  9. V4Victini

V4Victini [22:01] <&Stellar> I'm gonna edit ALL the YAML files
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcher

Is it possible to RNG the Magkarp sld on Marvelous Bridge to ne Shiny or no?
  10. Zandock

Zandock

Like he said, it looks like it is bugged somehow. When I was finding my starting PID frame for my Vulpix, the ones that said True were Drought. But when I hit my target shiny frame, it wound up being Flash Fire even though it was listed as True there. I'm guessing more research is needed on the subject, I'm not knowledgeable on the inner workings of it.
  11. COKTAL

COKTAL

Okay, so since it's April I've got snow when I walk out. Does it advance it by 316/second, or is it a one time deal. And does the rain that it generates effect the frame, or is everything set before it effects the weather?
  12. kenhcwoo

kenhcwoo

Is there any idea of how seeding works in flashcarts? I'm using an R4 with Wood DS firmware.

I'd actually be interested in helping with some research, but I have no idea how to even get started my DS parameters because it doesn't work with the flashcarts. I'm also having trouble finding any AR codes that show the MTRNG seeds, and the PID seeds for the US version of the games.
  13. Pokethan

Pokethan

I am afraid of asking this because I dread what the answer might be. Do DSi's still not work for any 5th gen PRNG? I know that they don't work with Non-Cgear but do they not work with C-gear seeds too?
  14. firestorm xl

firestorm xl

Dsi's work with C-Gear. ive done C-Gear with my dsi before
  15. Pokethan

Pokethan

Ok I was just wondering why when I tried to put in my DS parameters on the RNG Reporter 9.75 I went to DS types and it had for the DSi option "not working." So do I just select DSi and do everything else normally or is there anything special I have to do with the RNG Reporter?
  16. Kiebin

Kiebin

For C-Gear seeds you don't need any parameters besides your MAC Adress.
  17. Pokethan

Pokethan

Alright so the DS type doesn't matter then? Alright I will just put in the MAC address and do everything else normally. Thanks for the help.
  18. Kaphotics

Kaphotics Remodeling Kitchens
    is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

Prerequisites
     RNG Reporter
    o Note to Mac Users: This software works under Windows and Linux. PPRNG is the Mac equivalent of the 5th Generation RNG Reporter. Use it instead.​
     A clock with a clear Seconds reading.
     DS Original or DS Lite
    o DSi series and 3DS are only able to abuse IVs with the C-Gear method​

It's in the first page of the guide I've posted on the past two + pages...
  19. Pokethan

Pokethan

Im sorry for my stupidity. Im terrible at seeing stuff like that.
  20. ΩDonut

is a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

Flashcarts come in all sorts of models and firmwares and have different SD card types. All of these affect the parameters in many different ways, and we're not going to spend time tracking down them all. You're just going to have to find your own parameters. RNG Reporter lets you specify a range, so just do that.
  21. Reaga

Reaga

Woohoo, back to C-gear for my first Entralink RNG. So I hit my seed as I used to (or pray I did), enter Entralink immediately, then RNG by steps? And if I remember correct, gotta be frame 3 or higher.
  22. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

If I understand it correctly, there's some inconsistency in the starting IV frame, so if you can, it's better to grab a female and RNG breed it.
  23. firestorm xl

firestorm xl

what does the star by a place in the encounter slots mean?
  24. Reaga

Reaga

I was afraid of that.

I managed to retrieve the female nidoran from the other day, and figured RNGing the new Nidoking would be easier if both parents had a bunch of 31s. I know my current Nidoking has excellent IVs, not perfect but pretty close. Figured if the other parent did everything nicely, the child would get the perfection
  25. ΩDonut

Refresh the encounter table page, I fixed it so it's clear.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)