1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Just breed it twice. RNG another Nidoran(f) with three or more flawless IVs, then use that one for the final product. Maybe do another step if you're having trouble with inheritance. Odds are it'll still be faster than C-Gear RNG even without the IV issues, unless you're really good at hitting delays.
  2. Zandock

Zandock

Do you have any more information about that? I'm not going to have any choice but to RNG in the Entralink when they release the Eevee evolutions.
  3. Buckert

Buckert Obsessive Collecting Disorder

Why can't the stationaries be shiny when using a rebattle code?
  4. ΩDonut

ΩDonut don't glaze me bro
    is a Pokemon Researcheris a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Don't ask about AR codes here.

If you're battling Zekrom\Reshiram\Victini, they can never be shiny to begin with. If you're battling any of the other stationaries and somehow it's not shiny, something else is horribly wrong and you should not use that rebattle code.
  5. Elranoc

Elranoc

Just successfully hatched a shiny timid zorua, just wanted to extend my thanks to everyone that helped me and had the patience to answer my questions, and thanks to those who took the time and effort to figure all this out and put this guide together.
  6. Zandock

Zandock

Can anyone who has RNG'd Landorus tell me if any of the NPCs in the Abundant Shrine advance the PID?
  7. Ticcyboy

Ticcyboy

Following Kaphotics Guide for id abusing i was jw if im doing this right? Ive found a seed id like to use ive found my starting pid frame which is 77 and the nearest nature i want is on pid frame 127. I then Use pandora and put my seed in and the frame number 127. Not sure if thats right? Then i press Find ID Seeds. I Find one and attempt to hit it. Then i plug in the TID I get Into pandora and thats where i get stuck.

Any help would be appreciated thanks :)
  8. pikabuddy

pikabuddy

What ability number is Healer for Alomomola?

Is there a way to check in PPRNG?
  9. chiizu

chiizu PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
    is a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcher

At the moment, no. It's "on the list" as the saying goes. Meanwhile, there's plenty of online resources which provide this information.
  10. pikabuddy

pikabuddy

K, thanks for all your help. I am now the proud owner of a Timid Flawless DP Deino, A flawless Healer Amomola, a flawless Effect Spore Amoongus, and a HP ICE Flawless Eelektross. Every single bit was run with PPRNG. Go macs!

Edit: Will updates for PPRNG be on the post you download it from?

Edit 2: Did you develop PPRNG, chiizu? If not, who did? I'd like to shake their hand.
  11. Vladimir

Vladimir

Pray you haven't fought everyone in there yet, because there's only one wandering NPC, and he's directly below Landorus (a youngster with Yanma&Ledyba&Ninjask). As soon as you fight him, he stops moving around, but if you fought him and left the area... give up on shiny Landorus lol.
  12. Netbrian

Netbrian

Will this prevent me from RNGing for IVs, or just shine?
  13. Tesseraction

Tesseraction

You can still RNG its IVs. :)
  14. ΩDonut

is a Pokemon Researcheris a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

I haven't gotten to the point where you can encounter Landorus yet, so I don't know exactly how the encounter works, but as long as you are using frame 1 IVRNG spreads, you should have no problem at all getting a shiny Landorus.

First, calibrate:

1) Stand in front of Landorus or whatever it is you do and save.

2) Hit your seed, and immediately upon entering the game button-mash X to get into the game menu ASAP.

3) Cancel out of the menu and button-mash A to start the Landorus encounter. Don't use a Synchronizer for this encounter.

4) Figure out the initial PIDRNG frame from the nature. This will be slightly different than usual because of the NPCs, but at least this way you've adjusted for them. If necessary, repeat steps 2-3, each time saving\making Chatot calls once in order to advance the PIDRNG frame one.

5) Once you have your initial PIDRNG frame, go for the catch. Get your Synchronizer out, and make all the Chatot calls you need to advance the PIDRNG frame to the point where you get your shiny.

Of course, this only works when you have a frame 1 IVRNG spread (frame 8 in the case of eggs) but it works for all areas where NPCs are the only thing messing with your PIDRNG frame. Also only works if you're using Chatot calls, because saving results in you leaving the menu.
  15. Vladimir

Vladimir

@OmegaDonut: Do you mean that NPCs only affect your initial PID frame in BW? Because i thought that the frame would be advanced differently if the NPC moved, say, twice instead of once after loading one's game.
  16. Reaga

Reaga

Gonna use my Nidoran-F as practice for my Espeon on the 5th, so just to be sure:

RNG a stationary encounter somewhere after frame 3 w/ C-gear, turn on c-gear when timer2 ends, enter Entralink, count steps, press A, pray to Arceus for a good Nature.

Am I right? And I know wireless stuff is weird about forced saving, but I should be able to just try again and again right?

Please let me know how much of what I've figured is wrong.
  17. Ashenlock

Ashenlock

Is there a comprehensive guide available for RNGing eggs in Gen V? Every one so far has been cut short on that part, or has not listed it at all. Some of the info seems contradictory; the MTIVRNG and PIDRNG are supposed to be separate, but some of the lists have them as being tied in as the same thing. Is there anything comparable to the Blyde's Bloghell guide, except for RNGing eggs instead of stationary pokemon?
  18. RotatingAtom

RotatingAtom

Question 1: Assumin I'm right infront of a cave (Kyurem's cave in my case).
    Does the step I need to make to enter the cave advance the PIDRNG?

Question 2: Entralink-Abuse: I'm forced to walk a certain amount of steps
    (~20)after I warped to the Entralink to get to the forest in which my DW
    Pokémon is. Is it possible that the IVRNG advances within those steps if I
    getunlucky with my step counter?

And, if that's the case, walking that amount of steps, saving, and hitting my
    seed again before I warp to the Entralink should solve the problem, right?
    Mathmatically, it should, since I advance my hidden step counter this way to
    a point where it shouldn't advance within the next
    128 - (steps taken before saving),
    so as long as that result is smaller than the steps I'm forced to take within the
    Entralink, the steps in there shouldn't advance the IVRNG
    anymore, right?

Jesus Christ that was complicated. I hope you understand.
  19. ΩDonut

I mean to say that if you button-mash X to get into the menu as quickly as possible, you give the NPC very little time to move at all, and your initial PID frame will effectively be consistent. But only as long as you keep starting from that same save. If you resave, the NPC positions and movements will be different, and you'd get a different frame.
  20. Vladimir

Vladimir

It seems possible, but only with Chatot calls i suppose, since you never need to leave the menu. With saves, the NPC might move in between each save and mess up the PID regardless.

I tried this trick out on route 6, and i must say it works. Got the same Deerling 3 times in a row, albeit on a different initial PID than my usual one.
  21. Wazzup360

Wazzup360

How to check gender in PIDRNG? there are columns with 12.5%, 50%, 75% ect with M/F, i assume tahts gender. But how come some are M and some F? How to determine what the gender will be on a PID? and is gender bound to encounter slot, or just the pokemon species?

(for help ya gotta fill in some info the first post said, but since this are general questions, i cant do it for this?)
  22. ΩDonut

50% - the gender you'd get if the Pokemon was a species with a 50\50 male\female ratio
    12.5% - the gender you'd get if the Pokemon was a species with a 87.5%\12.5% male female ratio
    etc.
  23. 43R0D4CTYL

43R0D4CTYL

-If i start new game, this won´t change my seed, right?
    -What encounter types are starter Pokemon/fossils?
    -Do I need SID for RNG-Abuse Shinies?
  24. Wazzup360

Wazzup360

Thanks for the answer :) That helped.

One more thing, is encounter slots just what species it would be? Or are more things bound too encounter slots.
  25. Jiraiya

Jiraiya

1-i think your seeds would work, someone else should confirm this since i'm not sure
    2- stationary works for me on my fossils
    3-yes

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)