1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. lucariojr

lucariojr quell the storm and ride the thundurus
    is a Contributor to Smogon

two things i'd like to know before I try for a shiny scraggy with the seed 509B97BB649DC7AF (which gives me a shiny adamant on frame 106, ID 34057 SID 18451)

1. I have a male, jap Meinshao; will that trigger international breeding, or does the foreigner have to be female?

2. Since the spinning Pokemon outside and such mess with the RNG, if I hold down left and press A like a madman, will I still hit my frame?
  2. OmegaForte

OmegaForte

3- Wrong. Chances are you will be able to find shiny PIDs on low frames. I didn't SID abused and I found 4 with low frames. (200-500)
    EDIT Never mind. Misread.

lucariojr: Gender doesn't matter. The Pokemon outside doesn't affect the PIDRNG but there's a NPC or two affecting it.
  3. ΩDonut

ΩDonut don't glaze me bro
    is a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

Yes (p.s. "jap" is still a racial slur)

use the technique described here. The only tricky part is figuring out your initial frame, and for that you'll have to hatch the egg.

I also highly recommend flying off to Route 13 and catching a Pokemon (it's right next to Lacunosa Town) to verify that you hit your seed when hatching eggs.

[​IMG]

The reason I list a range of IV frames instead of just frame 14 is because you could trip the 128-step IVRNG advancement in the meantime. But if you don't do too much walking, you'll only trigger it once before catching the Pokemon to verify your seed.
  4. lucariojr

lucariojr quell the storm and ride the thundurus
    is a Contributor to Smogon

But would I get frame 106 if I stepped out and immediately obtain the egg?

EDIT: boom OD strikes from the shadows
  5. Tseng

Tseng

hi guys, I still don't get how to rng. its still confusing for gen 5. I use a R4 and there are already codes in it. How do I use the MTRNG Check code and the Frame check code?
  6. Pokethan

Pokethan

Im getting so close to my Cgear seed. I will be either off when starting by one second or my delay will be off by one.
  7. kenhcwoo

kenhcwoo

Oh okay, I wasn't aware of that.

What kind of ranges should I be searching for? I'm just not sure which parameters would be different. Right now, I have the default: VCount: 50-70, Timer0: C60-CA0, GxStat: 6, VFrame: 0-10.

Would I mostly play around with Timer0?
  8. Flame

Flame

I got a mistake using RNG-Reporter 9 Beta 74 when trying to RNG a shiny hp ice timid Victiny.

Seed: 07A134903776C2E2
    ID: 50768
    SID: 58303

Using this, the Main Application of RNG-Rep gave me the following shiny frame:

349 - Lonely - !!! - Gender always M - Ability 0

For stationary. Using a timid Synch, the nature of this frame 349 turned timid, so I started to advance the frame.

I confirmed that I've hit the seed in all cases, but leaving me with no shiny Victimny at all, but the natures where the same: timid w/ synch and lonely w/out.

I heard there was a bug with shinies/whatever on low frames, do you know what the reason could be, or if this is fixed with Beta 75? Sorry if I do not want to read all the 60 new pages of this topic, and my search on smogon was not successful neither.

edit: Using non-c-gear, of course.

More additional information: I tried the same procedure with a shiny Virizion at frame 800+, and it worked there.
  9. ΩDonut

is a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

Victini has an anti-shiny check, along with Reshiram\Zekrom\wild Zoroark\gift Zoroa. You will never, ever get a shiny Victini.

Search everything. VCount 0-FF, Timer0 0-FFF, VCount 0-10. It's gonna take a while.
  10. Pokethan

Pokethan

I have a question about the new RNG reporter. I know the previous version didn't take into account that the starting frame for Cgear seeds is 3 so does the new one do this npw? I mean when i use the time finder and the frame I get says 3 does that mean I have to still advance twice? or not at all?
  11. ΩDonut

It takes it into account. You will have to advance 2 frames.
  12. Flame

Flame

Thank you for the quick answer. I then wonder why they added a shiny sprite for Victini at all...

Regarding Zekrom/Reshiram: I heard their anti-shiny-check is only in N's Castle, and that you can actually RNG shiny Zekrom/Reshiram when getting to capture it in the Dragonspiral Tower. Would you please confirm this?
  13. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Probably for a later event, or maybe because the coding requires a shiny sprite for every Pokémon.

And no, that is incorrect. The shiny check is also present in Dragonspiral Tower.
  14. Wazzup360

Wazzup360

I heard it multiple times, but noone ever confirmed it. As far as i know, that same pokemon will go there afterwards. So the chances teh shiny check disapears there is verry slim. I'm not sure, but prepare for the worst. they'll proberblly be future events or something.
  15. Flame

Flame

So there would not be any reason to fill the PC in order to catch the dragon in the tower, I guess...

Anyway, thank you for your quick reply, and thanks a lot OmegaDonut for the efforts put into the RNG-Reporter!
  16. Zandock

Zandock

Thanks for the info, guys. Looks like I have battled all the NPCs in the shrine already. So hopefully I can find a flawless HP Ice shiny spread on frame 1 somewhere.
  17. ΩDonut

Shiny Pokemon sprites are generated by redrawing the original sprite using a different color palette. Shiny sprites aren't stored in the game at all, as far as I know.
  18. Kaphotics

Kaphotics Remodeling Kitchens
    is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

I've confirmed that neither place allows shinies. People keep reposting the same trash rumor that's been disproven and new people think it to be true.

The third post in this thread has common RNG info, including what can't be shiny.
  19. Ticcyboy

Ticcyboy

Trying to ID Abuse. I hit my seed then put the TID i get Into Pandora and press find seed hit. What do i then have to do to find out how many no's i have to say to juniper?

Thanks
  20. Blackcharizard

Blackcharizard

Can I use sweet scent is Giant chasm to get a ditto? if not how do I get an encounter with it?
  21. Wazzup360

Wazzup360

Ditto is find in grass in great chasm. When ya get to teh cave, enter it, end when ya go outside in that small cave, there is grass where ditto can be found. since its normal grass, it can be scented. (this is the area with lots of jumping thingys, with small water in the middle where kyurem freezes all. this area shouldnt be hard to find)
  22. Nasty Plot

Nasty Plot

Can anyone confirm if you can use the same DS Parameters for 2 different carts as long as they are both the same version and the same DS is being used?
  23. Kaphotics

Kaphotics Remodeling Kitchens
    is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

I'd say it's a safe bet.
  24. Taruta

Taruta

For breeding RNG, do the moving pokemon in the daycare affect your frames? Also, I heard that the human NPCs still move when you talk to the daycare man, is this true?
  25. Wild Eep

Wild Eep pet pet pet
    is a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus

It's more than a safe bet - I've done it. I've caught the same Scraggy in two different Black versions (on my main cart to test, and on my other cart for speeding through the game to Victini).

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)