1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. lucariojr

lucariojr goodra will hunting
    is a Contributor to Smogon

Wait, XD in researcher? Will this mean no more soft reseting and going through battles to get a decent HH Duskull???

ill bite how does this magic happen
  2. Bond697

Bond697 Dies, died, will die.
    is a Pokemon Researcher

knowing how the RNG/s work in a game is a lot different than understanding how the game does many of its calculations and generates pokemon.
  3. ΩDonut

ΩDonut don't glaze me bro
    is a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

If you walk around, you risk advancing the RNG by accident.
  4. JRT

JRT

As someone who doesn't have an AR or uses an Emulator and Rom, I don't really understand what vcount, RW timer, GX stat and Vframe is. Is RNG Reporter 9 going to be something I can use as soon as Black and White comes out on the 6th, or am I going to have to wait a while before more information is posted?
  5. Kaphotics

Kaphotics Remodeling Kitchens
    is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

Selecting the (Language) Retail (Version) and DS/DSlite will auto load those values into the parameters.

There's really no guide yet for non-cgear abuse, we are still ironing out the minor details.

Everything else yet is undocumented/undiscovered.
  6. JRT

JRT

But for somebody like me, I could still do C-Gear stuff right? Or am still going to need to wait a little longer? I have no problem beating story mode and chilling for a while until things are taken care of, but I thought I just see what my limitations are as I will be eager to get started.
  7. Mazenki

Mazenki

Hi there! In 4th Gen RNG, we could find out the SID by using the IVs of a randomly encountered shiny. Since the 5th Gen has split the IV and PID generation into separate RNG checks, would this method of deducing a secret ID no longer apply?
  8. xElite

xElite

Correct. The only reason it worked in 4th gen is because there was a direct correlation between IVs and PID. It won't work in 5th gen.
  9. XKiDxSLyX

XKiDxSLyX

This might be known already, but just in case it isn't... RNG Reporter 8.4 only works up until HGSS...is it supposed to be like that?
  10. Mazenki

Mazenki

Makes sense; thanks for the confirmation! I'll have to do some research on RNGing my ID/SID for the NA release, in that case.
  11. Toast++

Toast++ o_o
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Programmeris a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Researcher Alumnus
    The Smog Lead

Yes. 8.41 introduced c-gear seeds and the 9.0 beta is out now.
  12. emboars

emboars

so dsi is not supported in rng reporter 9 .then there is no way to id/sid abuse.um about when will it support dsi? :-(
  13. Toast++

Toast++ o_o
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Programmeris a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Researcher Alumnus
    The Smog Lead

It's being looked at now. I think OD was planning to have dsi in by English release.
  14. Human

Human

When BW come out I will need someone to explain how this RNG Reporter works because even though RNGing doesn't seem confusing, I barely understand this RNG Reporter for 5th Gen.
  15. Kaphotics

Kaphotics Remodeling Kitchens
    is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

Since we now have very good control over the PID RNG, we plan to whip a collaborative guide with a bunch of people. It will be drafted open source so we can convey all needed information effectively in the simplest way possible. Most likely this weekend; definitely before EU release.

The current guide would get replaced/edited with a new one highlighting C-Gear use (particularly with High Link abuse) for it's effectiveness in certain areas; non-CGear is far superior in most aspects.
  16. ΩDonut

ΩDonut don't glaze me bro
    is a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

I do plan on getting RNGing on a DSi cracked before the US\European release, but given the fact that even the Japanese haven't figured it out on their DSis, I'm not very optimistic. Still, we're using every resource at our disposal to try.
  17. JRT

JRT

Still not 100% sure here and still would like to know so I can prepare myself.
  18. Toast++

Toast++ o_o
    The Smog Lead

For CGear, you only need your MAC address I believe. That's easily obtainable. You wont be able to ID/SID abuse or RNG at all until you get the CGear but it's doable otherwise.
  19. ArcDeus

ArcDeus

Just gave non-C Gear RNG a try, and managed to get relevant results, except for one thing: all the IVs seem right except one.

For example, my Kibago has perfect IVs everywhere except in SpDe, which makes near to no sense to me, its parents having 30+ in that stat.

What could be an explanation for this ?
  20. lucariojr

missed your frame/said frame had -29 spd

it happens :/
  21. ArcDeus

ArcDeus

No I didn't miss it, for sure ^^. Besides, all the frame after and before the one I hit (+ the one I targeted) had a spread with no value in SpDef (which means the value depends on the base value we are RNGing for in the first place, right ?).

Correct me if I'm wrong.
  22. PoJ

PoJ

Oh, I see. I forgot about that. So, does walking around in the grass even if it's only 1-3 steps advance the frame?

And, iirc, we can encounter wild pokemon without taking a step, but just by slightly touching the D-Pad so that we change our direction but not taking a step. Would that advance the frame?
  23. lucariojr

What parameters do I have to use for emulator RNG?
  24. xElite

xElite

For non-C-Gear breeding you have to be 8 frames before your target frame. I'm guessing you advanced too much or something.

Or you could have an inconsistent RWTimer. Are you using a gamecart or a flashcart?
  25. Dunkles Lugia

Dunkles Lugia

I was just trying to find the Parameters of my DS but the search was unsuccessful
    I´m using a DSlite with a real White
    Which variables do i have to change and how?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)